[PP-F2] Cave of Wonders (Shaya+Zerva)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zerva shrugged "Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound rude, I was just pointing something out from my perspective." He smiles and gets up onto his legs again, saying to her with a nod "Yes, I would say I am good to go again. Onward to adventure?" He steps forward, starting towards the next room just as before now that they were rested and ready for more combat and treasure.

Zerva nodded happily to her, slowly noticing the difference "So it seems... Hey, let's hope that this is just leading to the treasure room, not a big boss" He laughs softly and shakes his head "I wonder if this game has Mimics. You know, enemies that make the greedy regret their actions." He, in a strange way, respected the creatures but could never quite figure out why. Either way, now that he was healed he was happy to see what new challenges awaited them, though he did make sure that he didn't get too far ahead. No good getting outnumbered or out powered.

Shaya finally caught up to Zerva, she looked at him weirdly, I don't think they have those. Besides There wouldn't be a point in having them around me. I consider myself very generous. As they continue walking they come to a carpeted path that was well lit managing to see as high as the ceiling. We went pretty far, How long do you think it'll take till we get to the treasure?

He hummed in thought as he tried to think about it, not entirely sure himself. "Well, we have had two 'trials' I suppose you could say so far. So two conflicts... Honestly I would find it hard to believe if that was all it took to get some nice treasure." He does go on to say "I won't look a gift horse in the mouth though if we get it early, but I feel all good dungeon-y areas should have a climactic battle..."

Zerva blinked and turned his eyes straight ahead before saying "Huh... it is curving, isn't it?" he tries to wrap his mind around it but then shrugs as he says "Well, if nothing else the carpets and the changing surroundings-" He gestures to both "- are giving me a feeling like we are getting close to our finale or a royal chamber or some such." He looks down at his feet to try and avoid getting tripped up by any would-be traps. "It can only spiral so far before we hit a wall, after all."

Shaya starts walking through the hallway, she notices that she's still on the carpet as she gets further in the hallway looking back the hallway is twisted. This is weird. I haven't seen anything like this in SAO before. As they keep walking they come to a large door. You ready for this? It looks like the last battle is gonna be in here. she examines the door seeing the pattern showing stick figures falling off a platform, while a monster was upside down. Well, this is a big help, I'm glad I noticed it.

He blinked, wondering what she was talking about as he looked up and saying "Oh, indeed." He tries to reason out what the message meant, ready for a fall regardless with his dagger drawn and at the ready as he nods to Shaya. "I am as ready as I'll ever be." While those words were not strictly true, him being a noob, for the time being it was true enough.

Shaya opens the large door. They step in looking around, cautious for the boss to appear. The room was circular, it seemed water was level on the outside edge of the room with a few puddles here and there. The floor started to rumble as they got to the center. Shaya spotted something in the water, What was that? She examines it more closely. The floor rumbles more and more. Shaya and Zerva were both standing in puddles as all of a sudden the world seemed to flip beneath them. They didn't have any trouble breathing, in fact the puddles were still beneath them. The monster revealed itself with a loud roar. The Mirrored Mirage [20 hp]. She looks at Zerva thinking this was crazy. Well we made it this far, we can't give up now!

Zerva was a little more than surprised, his hand covering his mouth to try and keep from vomiting after the sudden change in perspective. "Ohhh god, that did NOT feel good!" He was disorientated for a minute, getting his footing back he shakes his head to try and dispel any illusions on his sense and readies his blade towards the monster. "Okay, killing this thing before it causes me any more problems!" He was displeased with it after its trick. He charged at the mysterious monster, managing to land a strike on its body before readying for any counters it may have made when they both struck.

Zerva 17/17

Shaya 17/17

Mirrored Mirage 19/20

I'm right behind you. She said as she saw Zerva strike it first, I'm not letting a puny thing like you defeat me. She said to the monsters Medusa-like figure as she strikes. They monster quickly notices her as it slashes at her chest leaving pixels flying behind her as she stumbles a little as she slows down.

Zerva 17/17

Shaya 15/17 (1:30)

Mirrored Mirage 19/20

He watches as Shaya gets struck, making Zerva scowl at the monster as he tries to take the fullest advantage of the creature's distraction while planning to cut along her back! Successfully using his sprint skill to run up along the snake's tail part of her body he impales her spine with his dagger, planting his feet on her a moment later and using his acrobatics to jump off, freeing his blade and landing out of her range as he admires his work. "Watch out, over there!"

Mirrored Mirage 17/20

Zerva 17/17

Shaya 15/17

Right! Will do! She says embarrassingly, the monster seemed to be distracted by Zerva as Shaya ran up behind it once more. The monster turned around before Shaya even came close to it. She continued to run at it, the monster punched her in the stomach knocking her backward with the wind knocked out of her. She coughed as she spoke, Da-amn it. She looked back at the monster slowly making it's way towards her practically paralyzing her with a devilish stare.

Zerva 17/17

Shaya 13/17

Mirrored Mirage 17/20

Seeing Shaya freeze up he clenched his hand around his dagger and charged in to get the medusa-like creature's eyes away from her, even if she didn't turn to stone it was a bad idea to let the wounded get further wounded! This time, however, she was aware of him. Her snake-like tail lunging out and hitting him across the belly, sending him skidding back with his feet trying to stay planted on the ground, coughing while holding his belly. "I-... I think I annoyed her."

Zerva 15/17

Shaya 13/17

Mirror Mirage 17/20

The monster never broke stride as it continues to stare Shaya down, unblinkingly Shaya waits as it got closer and closer feeling her heart pump quickly. As soon as it got close enough to attack it lunged for her. Shaya snapped out of it just in time able to bring her sword up to block the monsters bite. Instead it bit the blade cutting its jaw and tongue, Shaya quickly turned away and ran as she hoped it wasn't right on her tail.

Zerva 15/17

Shaya 13/17 (1:01)

Mirrored Mirage 16/20

(thank god I have the blade of grass, this was starting to get pathetic)

Seeing the creature still focused on Shaya he tries to attack again, hoping to actually get the heat off of her this time. He kept his eyes on the snake tail as well, not wanting to get caught the same way twice. When the Mirage tried to hit him the same way twice, however, Zerva was able to duck, poking his dagger upward to grave the passing tail before stepping away again.

Mirror Mirage 15/20

Zerva 15/17

Shaya 13/17

The creature let out a large roar as the floor started shaking again. Shaya realized what was happening and quickly made her way to the closest puddle standing on top of it she tried to use it to her advantage. Lets hope this works! The floor turned again and Shaya jumped as it was halfway falling downward on the creature. Shaya swung but the monster caught her as she came down slamming her into a puddle trying to drown her as it finished turning. She struggled to get air as she watched her health deplete.

Zerva 15/17

Shaya 11/17 (0:37)

Mirrored Mirage 15/20

Frowning in disapproval of the creature constantly ignoring him he gives chase after the fiend, not wanting Shaya getting much more harmed than she was as he prepared to strike. The monster had other ideas though, swinging her spare hand towards him and pushing him back, keeping him from reaching his ally for the moment.

Mirrored Mirage 15/20

Zerva 13/17

Shaya 11/17