[F24-PP] Bigger is better, I think? (Raging Rhino)

After a bit of mind exhaustion courses through Freya's body, she offered Gaius food after getting sized up by Raidou again assuming now that the very first quest was also Raidou smacking it into oblivion. Seeing that look on Raidou made her ever so curious but she wasn't going to pry on things that may or may not concern her. As she walks into the walls of floor 7 she was eager now to prove not useless to him. Looking for the closest bar, she walks in not even knowing if Gaius had followed her into town. She couldn't think on an empty stomach so Freya quickly orders four large honey rolls, she thinks for a moment. What exactly did Raidou hear from there conversation if anything. The group that she named...Would that set him off. Freya receives and pays for her order and waits at the bar counter hoping that Gaius would show, also hoping that he would join her in this quest she was planning to take soon. She would eat then head to floor 24 to get a challenging quest, to test herself, with or without Gaius at her side.

Freya | HP:280/280 | EN:28/28 | DMG:8 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:3

Spoiler

Freya
Level: 14
HP: 280/280
EN: 28/28

Stats:
Damage: 8
Mitigation: 18
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Life Taker (T1/Perfect/2HBA): Damage 3
Armor: Swifter (T1/Perfect/Light Armor): Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Bringer (Tierless/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two-Handed Battle Axe [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Resistance Plate - Lily (T1/Perfect/HA): Mitigation 27

Edited by Freya

Keeping with her she had seemed to enter some sort of quiet, Gaius was still a bit flustered so the silence would do him fine. Collapsing into a seat next to the girl, the tavern keeper gives him a strange glance. "Don't you own a tavern?" The dragoon laughs before offering a response "Yeah and?" he responds tossing a few silver coins upon the counter. "I suppose a patron is a patron." passing the guy more of the same to which Freya had ordered. Gaius spins on the stool to look on to the rest of the building, leaning into the counter and taking a bite. For a moment he fiddles with his menu and sends a message to Kasumi:

"You think you can swing by my shop and feed Boris. I am sure he is knee deep in flour already."

A moment later and it rings back:

"I suppose, I am in the area after dropping off those things for Freyd."

Gaius | HP:640/640 | EN:64/64 | DMG:15 | MIT:36 | H.M.:4 | L.M.:2 | REC:1

Spoiler

Gaius, The Sweeping Typhoon
Level: 32
HP: 640/640
EN: 64/64

Stats:
Damage: 15
Mitigation: 36
H.M.:4
L.M.:2
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Dragoon's Journey [2HAS] (T2/Perfect) Damage 2, Bleed 1
Armor: Dragoon's Plate MK. II [Heavy] (T2/Perfect) 1 Mitigation, 2 Heavy Momentum
Misc: Dragoon's Scales [Light] (T1/Perfect) 1 Recovery, 2 Light Momentum

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Heavy Armor [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Fighter R1

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity

Battle Ready Inventory:
Boar Hide Belt [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) [+3 Loot Dice]
Teleport Crystal*1
Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)*2

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Edited by Gaius

Silence filled the room as Freya's thoughts continue on. She looks to the barkeeper as he talks to Gaius which had just sat down next to her. With a smile, she passes 2 of the large honey rolls to Gaius across the table. "Wasn't sure what you liked so I got simple. I loved these back home." Taring off a piece she turns slightly in her chair to face him now. She takes a few minutes in silence to eat her rolls. "Feel free to order something else." She twists her chair forward toward the door eating. "Hmm...It's just so good. God, I've missed this." She looks around as people were staring at her now. "Do you like what you see you creep," they quickly look away and Freya chuckles. Without looking at Gaius she says "I am going to floor 24 after I am done here. Not sure for what quest yet but there will be one if you would like to join me." 

Another bite as Freya offered him a few more rolls of bread, to which he happily accepted for his appetite was growing. "Yeah, this doesn't count I hope you aware. You don't just get to cop out of a real meal with a damn roll you didn't make yourself."  taking another hearty bite as he looked at the rabble which was mostly NPC but a few players, this day had been a rather odd one so far. It wasn't a moment later that Freya called the dude out rather harshly and he chooses to leave that battle be. Gaius chuckles at the chickenshit, as usual, was this another that would not act. "Well now that I've got a bite to eat sure, why not. Quite a high up floor sounds like someone is tired of the small game." he got up and picked his propped glaive from its lean. "Count me in, Love. I told Eruda I wouldn't let you die out there, I can at least make sure you survive your first quest."

"Oh don't get your panties in a bunch, you'll get your real meal. Just wait, it will be the best thing your buds have ever tasted." At this point, she swallows the last of her delightful snack and hops up from her chair. With her hands behind her back now walking past Gaius, with her head up and a grin on her face, she says "Well then I guess you're stuck with me then Typhoon." She chuckles as she starts to walk toward the door. "My fate is in your hands, I wonder if you can handle me." She pushes the door open with her foot, slamming it against the wall outside. "HEY WATCH IT!" the barkeeper yells as she walks out the Bar with her hands still behind her back. "Oh chill grumpy pants. It would have respawned if it shattered," Freya called out behind her. Freya was smiling now knowing that she would get the day to spend with Gaius now. Under all the smirky comments, she was happy. She starts to head toward the warp gate.

Edited by Freya

Shaking his head for a moment spinning his polearm in his hand it clips a low hanging light causing one of the candles to shatter. "Right, best not forget it." the dragoon chastises walking out shortly behind her. "Glad that sunk in, remember it when you see shit getting worse." he remarked rather insightfully but without sincerity. Goading the NPC tavern owner after round housing the door open, it was funny but they were going to pull some aggro if they weren't careful. "Beautiful thing about this place, yeah? You know how many wine bottles I own. I have tried running out. Not possible." His feet clattering on the tanned stonework that composed the square, a large number of players scattering about floor 7 off to their own devices. A couple of them he recognized as patrons of his shop, and for a moment he swears he noticed another. Blinking again yields no conformation. But he was sure he just saw Setsuna.

She looks over her shoulder with a grin toward Gaius. "To be more upfront with your comment earlier, yes I would like to give it everything I got. Show it pain even if my damage doesn't get through. I want to get reacquainted with my fighting on something that I can't just one shot. The higher the floor the better." After everything that Gaius has seen from her, she knew she was more than the talkative little girl. With this, she would prove that and in hopes, show that she wasn't the other sister of Eruda that needed to be protected all the time. She knew that Gaius was here just because of the promise he had made Eruda but she wanted to believe that he was there for more than just that. Getting to the warp gate now she steps on with a glance at Gaius saying "Meet you on the other side Typhoon, Floor 24" as her body is lifted and evaporated to the next floor.

After Freya lands, she walks to the quest board, and without a thought of what she was taking, she grabs a random quest from the board and waits.  

Edited by Freya

Rolling his shoulder as she checks him "Well yeah you got to give a hundred and ten percent every time. Anything less and it's just not good enough. They ain't feelin' pain though, sorry Love." he'd watch on as she hopped up to the pad "That's a tall order, just who the hell do you take me for?" Gaius barked with a wide grin as the gate activated under her feet. "Get a move on Love, on the flip side." and she vanishes. Hopping up on his own, he'd look back to Deepedge and breath deep. He'd be back home to these fields soon enough. The tans become a vast sea of blue, in the air rats with wings screaming insistently. Water and tons of it, the land was broken up into small islands. The city of Paraneze and in its central point was a massive ring akin to that of old gladiatorials. "If I was a betting man..." The dragoon spoke to Freya as she trailed off toward the quest board.

In the darkened halls of Tomoika, a still held aloft body drawn still through conflict. A white mask still adorned on his face as the ink like covering recedes. Tracking still active simply as a misstep Raidou cannot help but notice that Freya's position had just moved from Floor 7 and the safety to Floor 24. There was only one quest here that she could possibly be after, the only listed in a group. Piasuhōn...

"Freya, you will not do this to your sister."

A darkened howl as his voice is magnified and it bounces off the walls, reciprocating back to the nomad in crimson. "I thought that my ordeal was over with you." Raidou looks up toward the ceiling. "But it seems that I have more to do today, the buffs should hold. Mistakes made on multiple fronts today, however, this one will be harder to deal with..." The red wanderer speaks as he begins for the warp gate, a corpse he had been talking to falling from the rafters as Juiblex recedes.

Raidou consumes: Titan's Strength (+3 Base), Well Done Steak (+2 Base, -30 Mitigation), Elixir of Vitality [Compound:3] (+135 Max HP), Poached Egg (+3 Acc/Filled)

SoW: Tanos Activated (+15 Mitigation)

Raidou | HP:1725/1725 | EN:156/156 | DMG:23 | MIT:111 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | BH:86

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer
Level: 78
HP: 1725/1725
EN: 156/156

Stats:
Damage: 23
Mitigation: 111
Evasion: 4
Accuracy: 6
BH:86

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Auric Sol - Corona [T3/Perfect/2HSS]: Damage 3
Armor: Red Wanderer's Robe [T1/Perfect/L.A] +3 Evasion
Misc: Tactician's Gaze - Ogma [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Accuracy

Skills:
Gatherer [Obtained]
Two Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit R3 [Obtained]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 5]
Charge [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Protector
Survival

Mods:
Vengeful Riposte
Focused Howl
Finesse Rank 3
Athletics
Sprint and Acrobatics
Emergency Recovery
Detect
Tracking

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Pillar Fragment [Unique/Nightvision Mod]

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Tanos Statue: +15 Mitigation for a thread.

Edited by Raidou

Freya takes the time to look at the quest now. Pinging the location and sharing the quest and opening a party. "This does look a bit dangerous but I don't think I really care. At the very least, I get to know what this floor has to offer, and be more prepared if we fail," saying as she looks out past the town showing little paths connected to small islands. The bridge-like paths looked slim but she was not worried about that. She started walking the first bridge with nothing but determination in her motives. "I guess if it gets too dangerous then we can leave but I will not make an exit without a fight. Regardless are you with me or not, or are you too scared to approach this Rhino beast." Freya says these last words with almost a pleading notion to come along. She was not afraid to face whatever this was, and she would try her best either way. Looking to the water as she walks the path toward her destination she sees her reflection. "I need to get better, I have been gone too long and missed so much," Freya says now in a whisper. 

Edited by Freya

Looking expectantly at the girl with no sense of caution littered in his language, from over her blonde shoulder "Yeah it's a little dangerous I am sure, but so is breathing. You scared? I mean we can turn back if you're not ready for it." He'd goad in his typical fashion, pressing all the buttons he could see and exploit. On her heels through walks of wood that broke apart the ocean for which to traverse. To the large building, he saw in the distance, a large dome building: The Coliseum. "Don't worry Love, if the big spooky bad boy comes after you. I'll be there to mop up the mess for you." Then she began to divert in that whining tone, a mix of pity and wanderlust without a sense of direction on her voice. "You need to quit that shit, all this pitty party bullshit, pick yourself up, and stop being such a wuss. Life ain't going to get better unless you make it better."

Through the rolling white fog that lingered, a now empty chamber where a field of lights had just exchanged blood. He had not the time to dwell on what just transpired, or how many names would match his own upon the monument. He had to save Freya from her own ill prepared stupidity. Spinning a teleport crystal in his palm, Raidou looked at the glean it offered in its mixture of oil like patterns. "Floor 24, Paraneze" crushing it in his palm causes the room to distort and fade from existence. The metal of his blade to hit the floor beneath him was the first notable change, the crimson that stagnated around him took wind on the breeze. With steady footfalls for the structure that reminded him of prior exchanges with Crow and Hidden, then Haine and Kiluia. The rhino was nothing to underestimate, nothing to risk on a whim. It would end them both swiftly for their idiocy if they were not stopped.

A single step turns to many as Raidou moved to stop them before they would find an early grave.

Freya stops and turns toward Gaius a bit pissed off now that he said what he did. "I do not wish for pitty and I am more up than I have ever been you jerk. You say life ain't going to get better unless I make it, what the hell do you think I am doing now. I chose to walk this path that I am because you convinced me that it would be better. There will be no pity shown in my action. Just because I spoke what I did doesn't mean that I am thinking any less of myself..." She closed her eyes and took a slow deep breath as she could feel her eyes trying to shift. She stands there for a moment calming herself. "I am not scared by any means Gaius, I am not down or sad. At the very least, this is a test for me. To see what I can handle and prove that I can keep in control of whatever is going on with me when shit gets real." As the first words were yelling at Gaius, these last words were much calmer. Turning back to the path she starts walking a bit faster now. Island to island, with the paths, proved to get her to her destination.

Getting in her face in a similar way had to oh so many females before her. "You think whining and then walking forward is going anywhere. It looks to me that every time you're taking a step forward you get stuck in this damn funk and take two steps back. You want to 'walk this path' then fucking do it. Stop talking about it, stop worrying about it, and do it." watching her slink away once again "No I can tell you're scared, every damn time moments before we get into a tussle Love, you do this shit. Screw this testing shit." Gaius holds hung to her heel. "Life isn't so damn difficult and you don't need any of that baggage, when is it going to get through that thick skull of yours. Got it memorized?" his polearm still held across his back while he's basically yelling the whole...damn...way...there, never stopping because apparently it needed to be beat into her brains.

Directly on their heels as they enter the coliseum in their foolish endeavor still wholely underprepared completely to what they were attempting. A red film flutters with his cloak as the gate slams shut behind the three. "What exactly do you both think you doing. I explicitly give you all the tools you need and a course to take to survive this place, neither of you is prepared to take this on without a higher level player." Raidou barks through mirrored lenses. It was too late now, the cricketing sounds of a gate raising opposed to the entry that just closed behind them. The grip on his blade becomes tight, a flair of yellow building upon it. "You will both owe me an explanation once this is over." Raidou speaks in a firm tone with red burning from his frame. His stance shifts and widens as he exhales softly, the mirror on his face shielding his eyes from view as they burned red hot.

Raidou activates Vengeful Riposte!

Raidou | HP:1725/1725 | EN:150/156 | DMG:23 | MIT:111 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | BH:86 | VENGEFUL

Gaius's words hit her hard, that and the fact that Raidou appeared out of seeming nowhere. She suddenly started to feel her hands tremble as the fear kicked in but before she could escape the metal doors behind her slam shut. Her hands clench shut as Raidou speaks, -what the hell was I thinking...- Freya thinks to herself. She was fighting back tears now, it was too late to turn back. She takes her scythe out and takes an unstable breath now. Freya couldn't find words to speak so she looks to Gaius, then to Raidou with very apologetic eyes, trying to let him understand that she had not a clue and that she was sorry but glad he was here with them. She knew that she had some explaining to do because it was her that convinced Gaius to come with her. Glancing forward now, she sees something very large come out from the darkness in the distance. Trying to think quickly she says "Gaius help me distract it," as she runs toward the thing now knowing it's a very large Rhino. As she approaches it, his hoof bangs against the ground. He swings his horn toward her and Freya's instinctively pulls her scythe up as it clanks against it causing sparks. She removes her scythe from the horns clash and jumps off his forehead landing behind the large creature now causing him to turn away from the group. 

Freya takes no Action

Players:
Freya | HP:280/280 | EN:28/28 | DMG:8 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:3
Gaius | 
HP:640/640 | EN:64/64 | DMG:15 | MIT:36 | H.M.:4 | L.M.:2 | REC:1
Raidou | HP:1725/1725 | EN:150/156 | DMG:23 | MIT:111 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | BH:86 | VENGEFUL

Enemy:
<<Piasuhōn>>| 
HP:1100/1100 | DMG:300 | MIT:50 | EVA:2 | ACC:2 | Piercing Horn: 50% Phase when Crits | Trained Eye: Crits on 8-10 on MD | Pure Rage: When 550 Health, gains 100 Damage and loses 1 ACC

Edited by Freya

Twirling the polearm in his arms as Raidou enters the arena, how the fuck did dude find them? The door behind them slams shut, and across the place, a giant fat ass hunk of greyed leather comes rolling out. "I'd love to Love, but I got a trick up my sleeve. Run around a little bit and keep it busy." Gaius remarks as the weapon starts to become a blur. The sands beneath his feet begin to swirl around as air was starting to build upon the glaive. A sudden charge of lime green builds into the edge of the weapon making the outer ring of the spinning weapon glow. His eyes scan the area for his options, what he can use to get airborne. In the stands were a ton of screaming NPC charged by the conflict as it was starting to unfold. "This is kinda nice." he admits to the boost to his ego.

ID# 173221 results: Battle: 2-2=0, Missed vs. Piasuhon! -2 EN

Heavy Momentum Activates: +4 Base Damage
Light Momentum Activates: +2 Accuracy

Players:
Freya | HP:280/280 | EN:28/28 | DMG:8 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:3
Gaius | 
HP:640/640 | EN:62/64 | DMG:15(+4) | MIT:36 | H.M.:4 | L.M.:2 | REC:1
Raidou | HP:1725/1725 | EN:150/156 | DMG:23 | MIT:111 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | BH:86 | VENGEFUL

Enemy:
(0,0,0) <<Piasuhōn>>| 
HP:1100/1100 | DMG:300 | MIT:50 | EVA:2 | ACC:2 | PARTIAL PHASE (8-10) | RAGE 0/1 (-1ACC, +100 DMG [50% HP])

Edited by Gaius

A twist of his steel as a thick red fog washes over the field, getting stirred by Gaius's wind as Freya was doing her best to avoid its advances. Its eyes gloss over in white as the effect takes hold, it loses Freya completely in the newfound darkness. "I am your target. You want blood..." Raidou drags the blade upon his gauntlet in a spray of lights "Come and get it." it begins to rush toward him, and memory in the same road walked predicted this moment. A crash that rattles the audience through sound alone, the rhino is knocked on its side and grinds to a halt with a building lump of sand cradling it. Spinning Auric Sol up seemingly unfazed by the impact, his stance as a vanguard captain shown as his attentions shift to the downed opponent with a tussle of his lenses. "If that is all you have, I gave you too much credit before." spoken as he begins to close the gap.

Galaxy Destroyer [x13], -10 EN (13-3 [Finesse 3])

ID# 173222 results: Battle: 8+6-2-1=11, Hit! dealing 28x13=364-50=314

ID# 173223 results: MOB: 5+2-4=3, Missed vs. Raidou!

Players:
Freya | HP:280/280 | EN:28/28 | DMG:8 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:3
Gaius | 
Raidou | HP:1725/1725 | EN:141/156 | DMG:23 | MIT:111 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | BH:86 | VENGEFUL

Enemy:
(0,0,3) <<Piasuhōn>>| 
HP: 786/1100 | DMG:300 | MIT:50 | EVA:2 | ACC:2 | PARTIAL PHASE (8-10) | RAGE 0/1 (-1ACC, +100 DMG [50% HP])

Edited by Raidou

Hearing the crowd cheer from Gaius and then rally louder with Raidou's extreme hit, Freya smiles. As it slams to the ground Freya decides to take advantage of his distracted state of mind. "No fear..." Freya whispers to herself as her weapon began to make a charge of its own. In the back of her mind, she hears "NOW" as she runs at the beast. The beast gets up as Freya is running toward it. The moment it is on its feet, Freya holds her Scythe in such a way that when she slides underneath the beast without a moment's warning, she carves the top half of her weapon against his belly. It rears up with a cry out but stays focused on Raidou. As Freya is slid to the other side of him now, from her back, she flings her feet upward and down landing on her feet, and quickly turns toward the beast. Freya positions her scythe blade on her right hip and jumps back for some distance between her and it. 

ID# 173225 results: Battle: 9+3-2=9 Minor Critical! vs Piasuhōn, Dealing 9*6=54-50=4 Damage

Players:
Freya | HP:280/280 | EN:22/28 | DMG:8 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:3
Gaius | 
Raidou | HP:1725/1725 | EN:141/156 | DMG:23 | MIT:111 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | BH:86 | VENGEFUL

Enemy:
(2,0,3) <<Piasuhōn>>| 
HP: 782/1100 | DMG:300 | MIT:50 | EVA:2 | ACC:2 | PARTIAL PHASE (8-10) | RAGE 0/1 (-1ACC, +100 DMG [50% HP])

Edited by Freya

"Damn right girl, now you're getting it!" Gaius remarks with the wind built upon his glaive in an overwhelming pulse of power. "You're about to understand why they call me the typhoon!" Gaius boasts before his attentions shift to the rhino. "You came out here, a pitter patter of those heels of yours to step on me. What the hell did you take me for? Some pushover that wouldn't punch right through that scaled grey ass of yours? Please, you couldn't hold a candle to the ass whoopin'. I am about to punch you into the floor below us. Tell them I said hi."

Throwing the polearm straight into the air with a sudden tear of the winds causing his hair to flail about aggressively, his garb the same. A wink to the crowd as they scream in excitement. It was then a perfect ring of sand as he leaps up and latched on to the weapon, dropping like a bomb and causing the ground to shatter beneath him and the beast. "Damn, looks like the floor held on." Gaius shook his head to a dazed beast feeling the gravity of his strike.

ID# 173462 results: Battle: 9, Craft: 3 [No Proc], Minor Critical (+1 Base) vs. Piasuhon dealing 20x15=300-50=250 DMG (17-3=14 EN)
Heavy Momentum Fades
Light Momentum Fades

Players:
Freya | HP:280/280 | EN:22/28 | DMG:8 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:3
Gaius | 
HP:640/640 | EN:49/64 | DMG:15 | MIT:36 | H.M.:4 | L.M.:2 | REC:1

Enemy:
(2,2,3) <<Piasuhōn>>| 
HP: 532/1100 | DMG:400 | MIT:50 | EVA:2 | ACC:1 | PARTIAL PHASE (8-10) | RAGE 1/1 (-1ACC, +100 DMG [50% HP])

Edited by Gaius