[F2-PP] One in the Same! (Return of the Queen)

After a relaxing time, eating and regaining her energy back up for earlier, Freya and Freyd walk out of the Bar place they ate at. It was still early in the day, just about noon. "So Freyd, you gonna stick around to observe me more?" Freya had ignored the question that Freyd had asked her before their meal. She was trying to decide whether or not it was a good idea. She was afraid that if he even thought that she was going to be the slightest issue in a fight, that he would ban her from any questing with Firm Anima. Given what just happened a while ago it was clear that she didn't fully have the thing in her at bay. She really didn't want to risk the team though. 

Her thoughts were obvious as she walked to the quest board again. She purged her lips together as she gives a small sigh within her exhale of breath. "I was told that if I couldn't control myself, I was not going to be able to attend anything with anyone in the guild because I would be considered a danger to them in battle. If Raidou even got a hint that this thing was manifesting within me on an outside view then his mind would be made up. We know that anger is a definite trigger, if I lose it, I change, then everything I was told would be true because I would not be in a rational state of mind." This is what worried her. She didn't want to be stranded doing anything by herself. She had already felt like she lost so much in this past year, she didn't want to lose more...

Freya was concerned about everything that Raidou would hear and make it law. "Freyd, tell him if you must. Either way nothing that will come from it will be good. I was already warned by Eruda, that if I am not in control then I wouldn't be welcome in the guild. What do you think Raidou would do if he knew this. He would protect the guild first and kick me to the curb." She was trying to keep her breathing easy thinking about the end results that would most definitely happen. Scrolling through the quests now she grabs one on the same floor. On the other hand, she knew that Raidou should know everything. It was an underlined fact and she would be screwed either way. She leans against the quest board's post and closed her eyes, sticking her hands in her front jean pockets trying to calm herself. "I was doomed from the start," she says quietly.

Using Matriarch's Stinger (DMG +1)

Freya | HP:500/500 | EN:50/50 | DMG:13 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:3

Spoiler

Freya
Level: 25
HP: 500/500
EN: 50/50

Stats:
Damage: 13
Mitigation: 18
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Life Taker (T1/Perfect/2HBA): Damage 3
Armor: Swifter (T1/Perfect/Light Armor): Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Bringer (Tierless/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two-Handed Battle Axe [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Fighter (Rank 1)

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Resistance Plate - Lily (T1/Perfect/HA): Mitigation 27
Silver Band - Farore's Wind: (T1/Perfect/Trinket) Loot Dice 3

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

"I think you're mistaken about Raidou.  He'd likely do quite the opposite and take every step he could to help you, but simply do so away from the guild.  He and I are often of the same mind on such things, and neither one of us is eager to kick anyone to the curb.  And, since I'm here, and I don't need to navigate around the Eruda-factor in the same way that he might, it only makes sense that I try to help."

Freyd had been pensive through most of their meal, making passable small talk, but with hamster wheels spinning behind his eyes the entire time.  Taking advantage of the opportunity while she reviewed the quest board and faced the gravity of her situation, he penned a discreet message to his fellow captain.

To: Raidou

Where was the cave where you rescued Freya, and were there any mobs or players present?

"I'll be damned if I'm just going to let you accept that this is a dead end.  We still have quite a few options open, not the least of which is to buff you up a bit and see if that helps you fight back better.  Come on, scrawny," he said playfully, a smile creasing his placid face.  "Let's go give you another workout while we're here."

Freyd | HP:1730/1730 | EN:185/185 | DMG:23 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:173 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:86

Freyd consumes:
Cotton Candy Puffs | ACC 2 | 174492
Armageddon Juice | DMG 3 | 179637

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows
Level: 85
HP: 1730/1730
EN: 185/185

Stats:
Damage: 20(+3)
Mitigation: 79
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 4(+2)
BH:86
VAMP OFF:173
HLY:6
FLN:6
LD:5

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Samael's Pride (T3-2HSS, VO 1, HOLY 1, FLN 1)
Armor: Skirmisher's Garb (T3 LA, MIT 2, EVA 1)
Misc: Night Shades (T3-Trinket, ACC 3)

Skills:
2H Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 4]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]
Energist [Obtained]
Charge [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit R3 [Obtained]
Hiding [Rank 5]
Martial Arts [Rank 4]
Quick Change [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Mastery: Fighter 3
Survival
Meditation

Active Mods:
Precision - 2HSS
Finesse - Rank 3
LA Athletics
Ferocity - 2HSS
LA Sprint and Acrobatics
Vanish
Vengeful Riposte
Surprise Attack (Assassin)

Inactive Mods:
Night Vision

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals*5
Gungnir Shard: Haniel's Modesty (T3 Perfect HP Rec [Instant]*5
Flash of Rejuvenation (Mass HP Rec [Instant] (+30*Tier HP)*5
Fruit-Infused Tea (T3 HP Recovery)*5
Imugi's Inspiration (T3 Mass HP Recovery)*5
Mega-Duper... Sauce (Antidote 3)*5
Grave Injustice (T3-2HSS, ACC 1, Keen 1, Abs. ACC)*1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:

"To be perfectly honest I have gotten myself in trouble a few times with Gaius. We tried to do that Rhino thing alone and both of us got yelled at." She knew perfectly well now. Taking a deep breath she pushes herself off the post and gives him a glance as he sends a quick message to what she could only assume to be Raidou. "You and Raidou have the same thinking, I have only seen the one side so forgive me if I'm a bit leery about the whole situation." 

He mentioned the whole Eruda-Factor..." I wouldn't ever want my sister involved in this. She is way too innocent to be involved in something so... this..." she couldn't find the words for what was going on. She wasn't sure if it was pure evil and just...something else trying to figure out its own way to communicate. 

Freyd comments on her weakness...no her scrawniness... "Hey, Hey, I'll have you know I was very active in school activities, I may not look it but it took strength to do what I was in gymnastics." She sorta knew what he meant, her game level...It was still weak compared to others and she would eventually get up there.

"So Freyd..." she says as they started walking toward the forest they just came back from... "It seems that you know a great deal of these types of things... Tell me how... What makes you so edgy," she had just told him a huge mouth full about her. She was testing the waters to see if he would share anything about himself...How does he know so much. What happened to him that forced him into this knowledge that most people would just ignore.

"I swallowed an excessive amount of fluoride toothpaste as a child," he offered, deadpan.  "I was hoping for superpowers, but ended up this way instead.  Who knew?"  His delivery was flawless.  The proper tone and inflection to suggest that this was serious, life-altering stuff, and without even the slightest hint of a smile.  He gave her twenty seconds of silence just to see how she'd react before finally letting the corners of his lips curl.  This seemed to be the best prep in advance of the heavy shit.  Without it, people just regarded him as a monster, and probably not inappropriately.

"Let's just say that I'm messed up and did my own share of really bad things long before joining SAO, when I was still a kid."  That didn't seem fair.  She's had to expose a lot more of herself than that, and deserved more than a flippant dodge.

"I've known the type of anger you've talked about in yourself," he finally admitted.  "I let loose, just once, and nearly killed someone when I was just twelve years old.  That sort of thing has quite the impact on a child.  It terrified me.  For over a decade I buried it as deep as I could and wove a fortress around it, to keep it chained.  Too good a wall.  If you lock up anything that lets you feel, you lose your grip on humanity in the process.  Sanity can follow.  Why am I edgy?  Because I'm locked inside a killing machine, and I'm still trying to find my way back out without setting it off."  He turned and looked Freya directly in the eye.  She knew he wasn't lying.

"Is that what you wanted to know?"

For a very split second she thought, - but I and Eruda ate toothpaste...and she turned out more than fine...- before she shakes her head and realized that it was supposed to be a joke. She chuckles "Funny, trying to make the blond believe such stupidity," she says softly. If she wasn't smarter than the average blond, his look could have definitely made her believe such a thing.

"I am sure everyone has..." she says like she was expecting something along the lines of that sort of answer...She thinks as she watches his expression completely change. -Come on Freyd, go deeper- thinking as she bites her bottom lip watching him...waiting...

This next thing he said causes her reality to fade, like looking through a long dark tunnel. A sinister chuckle plays within the back of her head. On the outside view, Freya's eyes dilate almost instantly and turn the golden silver color like before. As her voice plays back the ringing in her ears are that of a male.

Letting loose is half the fun.

"Letting loose is half the fun."

Her face twists in a sinister grin, a creeping chill burns her spine for but a moment as she feels the grip at the shade around her ankles.

Embrace that darkness for it gives you strength, a sacrifice must be made in exchange for progress. You locked away a killing machine?

"Embrace that darkness for it gives you strength, a sacrifice must be made in exchange for progress. You locked away a killing machine?"

Freya contorts and seems to fold in half backward, as if she was in pain. From her a dark chuckle like a maniacal jester. Looking to him with eyes like a doll.

Seem's like fate has a way of doing that.

"Seem's like fate has a way of doing that."

Nothing...she sees nothing now as her body collapses to the ground like a rag doll. She was completely unconscious...

It seems that she was not able to handle anything else as her body lays there limp, still breathing but herself once more...If you look closely you could see her eyes switch back to normal as they were half open after the falling...

The change is tone and camber was instantaneous.  Freyd hadn't considered the possibility that his revelations might serve as enticement to Freya's other half, but immediately debated whether she had asked him to speak of it as a means of provoking her own demon.  Darkness calls to darkness. 

He'd barely had a chance to react before she folded in half and fell backwards.  That strange intonation and those telltale eyes returned.  Freyd pivoted on his heel and kicked her weapon away the moment she released it.  Then, like some long-legged insect, he crawled over her and grabbed her gently by the chin.  Lifting her eyelid with his gloved thumb as he turned her head from side to side, he examined the eyes as they receded.  There were no obvious signs of injury, and no other evident tells to the momentary possession.  It doesn't like to be caged.

No, neither did I, even having done so by choice.

"A name.  Remember his name," Freyd said, as if willing her to latch onto some intangible fact, and assuming that she was even capable of hearing him.  In the absence of other options, it was worth a gamble.

"His name, Freya.  Tell me his name, before he slips away again.  Use his power against him and pluck forth the memories for your war against him, not the dribs and drabs he dangles before you in exchange for control."

Stealing a glance to his own shadow, he mentally warned Mountjoy to be cautious, but ready, and swift as the wind if some similar thing were to attempt to fly from her.  They would snare it, if they could, either now or when the moment eventually came.

Freya was unable to move, but is able to hear Freyds words as he spoke to her. She was unable to speak back but in that moment he was right. Freya's eyes right them slam shut as it was the only thing she was able to do...Focusing on nothing but this thing inside of her...

She enters the dream state...or was it...a familiar chamber that she had been to once before...Seeing nothing but darkness to follow darkness within view. Yelling into the darkness..."Give me your name...I NEED A NAME...These games you play with my body, the energy you drain me of in doing so...it's the least you can offer..." she waits for something... anything that has yet to appear.

"No, girl. You've yet to earn it. I don't owe you a thing" a single silhouette hidden just outside her field of view, it takes the shape of her Gemini for but a moment before it flickers into a more manly frame.

In seeing such a figure, she moves a few feet forward..."Then tell me this... We share my sight...Who are you looking for..." This thing was not the particular Gemini if that is even what he was...He must want something. "Whatever it is, or whomever it may be, I can help you...Just tell me what I have to do, in return for such a name?"

The face twists from its sharpened red grin, a step forward has Freya fill a bitter chill of sorrow wash over her as if she had witnessed everyone she loved die. The grin fades and it looks at her as light comes through enough to make out the figure. A blonde male, a twist of his head like a confused canine. "You mistake me girl, I am not looking for anything. A mistake, taking what I am. You're confused. Thinking that I need your help, when it is you that need me. Accept what I offer, or don't. I'll still be here, rattling around in this lonely audience hall." He raises his hands toward the manifested ceiling. A veiled insult to her intelligence. "If you cannot accept my blessing, then you should have killed me when you had the chance, and now you pay the price." A wave of his hand forces out of where he resides, her vision now looking plainly at Freyd with no key to the door. She was given entry on his will not her own.

She sits up with no words now...Staring at the ground...He was right...She did need him...In more ways than one... "Dam it," she says softly as it was all she was able to say at that moment.

Her chest felt heavy and she felt weak...Would she have accepted it if she knew what came with the package...

She wanted more than anything to regain what was robbed from her...That feeling of complete and utter emptiness filled within her. She could feel tears trying to come above the surface. What would it mean to fully accept this thing... What would happen to her...

She looks to Freyd now as her eyes begin to water just a bit. "I think..." she says with a sniffle... "I need to accept him fully..." she looks back down. "What I need...I don't think I can get without him..."

Releasing her face as she began to speak, Freyd withdrew and plunked himself down on the rocky path, beside her.  A small puff of dust scurried into the air, as he huffed in pensive perplexion. There were too many filters in the way.  Some needed solving. 

"I hate to admit it, but whoever or whatever you have inside you seems to hold all of the cards, at least for now.  All we have, at the moment, is that it surged forward the moment I spoke of repressed anger.  Anything with that as a trigger is worthy of wary watching.  Were you able to glean anything more?  A face?  How did his voice sound?  Were there any features at all?  Even the context could be important.  A smell or a touch could hold a clue."

Freyd puzzled hard, but there simply wasn't enough data to support a supposition, let alone any conclusions.  They had two options.

"Well, you can either do that or we can wait and hope for more clues.  If you can bear it a bit longer, I'd advise for the latter.  Whatever this thing is, it's not benign."

A tear falls down her cheek now and she feels what he made her feel...Eruda...Griswold...Anna...If they were gone then she would have nothing to live for. Nothing to hold onto...

"I have not yet earned a name he says..." her thoughts from what just happened, cause them to go straight to the worse possible...She answers him almost like she wasn't paying attention to her words being said like her mind was elsewhere. "Blond hair... Male...His voice almost like a jester that talks in nothing but a questioning tone..." 

"He made me..." Freya stops for a moment thinking exactly how to explain such a feeling. "The feeling of losing everyone you once loved or cared about in all one instance. Like my life didn't mean anything anymore..." She could not bring herself to look at Freyd. It was something that she had never felt before and it was overwhelming her...That split second though, remembering that they are all still alive still, at least for now. 

"Freyd, I am not sure that we can wait any longer. He has manifested twice in one day, the last time he even made a small appearance like this was when I met with Rin again. But I was still me. I felt so angry and my eyes I guess were all wonky and I shoved him...That was months ago... What if next time he appears... I don't come back from it. I was out cold in a cave for nearly a year..." She felt terrified at this point. She was genuinely scared of moving forward with this but if she didn't then nothing good would come from it either. "I need to move with this decision before I can't or don't want to. Maybe then and only then will we figure out what we want to know from him." She gives Freyd a look of sincerity and fear which was all the same at this point. She knew what had to be done...

She gets to her feet now with some trouble but manages. "Get Raidou here, so if something more is to happen, he will be here to witness in person just what we are dealing with and maybe just maybe help bring me back if something goes horribly wrong. While we wait we should get this quest done... Before my energy depletes so much that I can't do that either." She begins to walk toward the destination. Her chest felt heavy but her mind was made up. They needed to know more and at this point...It felt like the only way to do just that. If this meant that she would have to put herself on the table, to the cause so that no one would get hurt then so be it...

A hand clasped itself firmly on her shoulder, red eyes simmering as they gazed into hers.  

"You aren't going anywhere.  Not on my watch, anyway.  I could teach you to bury your feelings so deep that you might lose them forever, but that doesn't seem like a desirable outcome in your case.  So we're going to give you the strength you need to last long enough to find some answers.  Use me as your anchor.  That meant that you lean on me as much and as long as you need to, and I'll keep you here.  Quitting and surrender aren't options.  You fight as long and as hard as you can, and then you fight some more.  For now, that means kicking bug butts, preferably without getting stung too much.  Let's go."  Putting on his best drill sergeant face, he wiped her tears away for her.  They were a luxury she could no longer afford.  Fortunately for both of them, it was a face with which he was oddly comfortable.

To: Raidou

She's in a bad way.  Taking on the Queen, part 2, just outside of Urbus.  We should have a chat, if you can spare the time.  Her demon-thingy keep poking out.

Emerging into the same clearing they had cleared mere hours earlier, they found it abuzz with a much greater degree of activity.  A small swarm of flying giant insects barred their way.  Motivated by urgency and a desire to bolster Freya's confidence, Freyd launched himself and near-instantly cleared the initial wave.  

"On the left," he said, matter-of-factly, leaving one foe for his companion.  In truth, he had no idea whether this would have any impact on her internal struggle.  At worst  he might be adding to her fatigue.  This was a battle of will and spirit, and he had to convince her that there was value in a continued fight.  The longer she could sustain focus, the better her determination would hold when it was most required.  He'd use one type of battle to train her for the other.  There were few other options.

Spoiler

Freyd activates Charge

Calamity Disaster (x12 AoE +8 from hits): 20 EN - (Rested 1st of 2, Finesse 3) = 16 EN

ID #180961 | BD: 7+6-1=12 (hit, Charge +5, Fallen +6).  Freyd deals (12*34=408-25=383 ) damage to Bee Minion #1.
ID #180962 | BD: 2+6-1=7 (hit, Charge +5).  Freyd deals (12*29=348-25=323 ) damage to Bee Minion #2.
ID #180963 | BD: 5+6-1=10 (hit, Charge +5).  Freyd deals (12*29=348-25=323 ) damage to Bee Minion #3.
ID #180964 | BD: 3+6-1=8 (hit, Charge +5).  Freyd deals (12*29=348-25=323 ) damage to Bee Minion #4.

Freyd | HP:1730/1730 | EN:169/185 | DMG:23 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:173 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:86
Freya | 
HP:500/500 | EN:50/50 | DMG:13 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:3

Bee Minion #1 | HP: 0/250 | DMG 125 | MIT 25 (250-383)
Bee Minion #2 | HP: 0/250 | DMG 125 | MIT 25 (250-323)
Bee Minion #3 | HP: 0/250 | DMG 125 | MIT 25 (250-323)
Bee Minion #4 | HP: 0/250 | DMG 125 | MIT 25 (250-323)

Bee Minion #5 arrives.

Glancing down to his hand on her shoulder, she takes a small inhale of breath as she listens to him. "Forcing those feels out will not work. I already did this...With my father. I locked what I felt for him and everything I knew about him in a box and threw away the key, it was just outside no longer in reach. That was nearly 14 years ago Freyd. I thought about it not once in that time." He wipes her tears away and what he said had true meaning. "I faced my Gemini, him and it was like all that effort I put into that one memory was pointless. I feel like he knows everything about me, even the things that I no longer know...Which brings me back to why I need him so much," she could feel the rage building up within her now.

"I will fight until I can't until the last drop of sanity fades to nothing. I will do this but I will deny him no more. If it's anger he wants, then let this fuel him. I have enough anger to last me a lifetime..." Right then she thought of her mother, how she had treated them, how she stole them from not one but 2 people that actually cared about them and loved them. 

She watches Freyd pancake four of the bees in very little attempt it seemed. She could hear the buzzing just inside the tree lines before coming to full view. They burst to data and a straggler comes out from the trees. The moment Freyd points it out Freya pulls her weapon and begins to run at it with what energy she had left from this day. She began trying to focus her anger toward that one target as she activates her concentration skill, and in that split second she realized something was different. The color around her was no longer green...it was black as an ooze of mist comes from below her feet. She was not sure what to think but at the is time she couldn't. 

Before she knew it, she was right next to the bee as she quickly swings at the creature carving a decent chunk of its health pool. She knew she could get stronger and deal more but right now it's what she had to work with. Something ignites inside the bee though from Freya's attack as it screeches in pain. It then pulls its ass up and attempts to sting Freya... Pulling her Scythe up just in time, "Get your ass out my face," Freya says as she jumps backward now gaining distance between the two. "You wanna use that strength of yours so we keep these going?" A glance toward Freyd, "Or leave this one to me and wait for the others...I could really give a dam less..." saying as she glances back at the almost dead bee... She realized that her anger was edging out again. -Dam it, is harder than I thought- she thought as she could feel the tole of what happened just minutes ago. She fights to stay upright now leaning on her weapon as the blade digs into the ground.

Use him as her anchor... She really didn't want to but she might have to at this point. She felt for what Freyd had said...She didn't want to just fade into nothing but what other options did she have... 

Spoiler

Activating Concentration and Screw Dimension

ID# 180965 results: Battle: 3+4=7, Hit! vs Bee Minion #5, Dealing 13*13=169-25=144 Damage

ID# 181013 results: MOB: 1, Critical Miss! Bee Minion #5 vs Freya

Player:
Freyd | HP:1730/1730 | EN:169/185 | DMG:23 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:173 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:86
Freya | HP:500/500 | EN:41/50 | DMG:13 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:3

Enemy:
(0,1)Bee Minion #5 | HP: 106/250 | DMG 125 | MIT 25

Edited by Freya

"I will fight until I can't until the last drop of sanity fades to nothing. I will do this but I will deny him no more. If it's anger he wants, then let this fuel him. I have enough anger to last me a lifetime..."

'Not the most stellar decision', he thought to himself, but his own struggles had taken their toll.  Was it truly fair to judge her for her own exhaustion? 

Yes.  

Part of him was inclined to just agree with Montjoy.  As messed up as he got by his own turmoil, his momentum hadn't faltered. 

Hadn't it?  You sat idle in the Town of Beginnings for the better part of two years, terrified of your own and every other shadow.

Oh.  Right.  That.  Funny how quickly we forget our own failings.  Damn.  She needed the same kick-start, or at least a similar one suited to her circumstances.  If Eruda, Raidou and Griswold had each tried, what the heck was he going to do to make a meaningful connection?  This girl's damage was extensive, and possibly beyond repair.  But, he'd just told her he would help, hadn't he?  A casual gesture unleashed one of his most potent sword arts, splattering the sole remaining bee and carving a rut in the terrain for fifty feet behind it.  The force of the action furrowed the packed soil and sundered the mouth of the hive in half, spraying dirt in every direction.  Freyd barely noticed.  This conundrum was taking up a lot of processing power.  

Shit.  Don't tell me I'm going to have to feel my way through this?

Freyd let out a small, stifled moan.

"Go for the queen and her guards, when they emerge.  I'll finish them off."

Shop talk?  Better than nothing, which was all he felt he had at the moment.

Spoiler

Galaxy Destroyer (x13): 13 EN - (Rested 2nd of 2, Finesse 3, Turn Recovery) = 8 EN

ID #181040 | BD: 2+6=8 (hit).  Freyd deals (13*23=299-25=274) damage to Bee Minion #5.

Player:
Freyd | HP:1730/1730 | EN:161/185 | DMG:23 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:173 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:86
Freya | HP:500/500 | EN:41/50 | DMG:13 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:3

Enemy:
(1,1)Bee Minion #5 | HP: 0/250 | DMG 125 | MIT 25 (106-274)

Concentration [1/3]

It was clear that Freyd didn't like what she had to say. The last bee in the group bursts as she could hear more in the distance. Taking a deep breath, she straightens out. He was going through all this trouble to help and she was doing nothing but making shit harder. 

Her mind resorts back to a conversation that she and Gaius had. -Deal with your shit or get over it... Doing nothing and moping about will get you nowhere-. She pursed her lips together as she recalls everything that Freyd had said... In some regard it was similar. 

Be prepared for everything and anything that walks in your path. Another conversation from several saying the same thing...

Thinking more rationally, going suicide against this Man was not the way to go. She could not let the fear of this thing control her. She could not worry about what is going to happen just that they need to get a handle on it. Her eyes squint just a bit as she clearly was thinking about something from what others would have seen. She would need to have a serious conversation...I rational one where she wasn't ready to leap off the edge at first thought. There had to be another way...

The buzzing got closer as she turns around and flips her scythe into her other hand. Running the distance now she attempts to hit one of the smaller ones. It moves and with another swing, a connection as it cries out and moves the other way. A solid glow of her weapon now, hitting another as this one slams against a nearby tree. The last as she swings at the biggest thing there, it moves out of the way with no issues. She flips her scythe around to her other hand and looks up to the large bee...She had no fear... She slides backward leaving Freyd room to do some damage.

Spoiler

ID# 181041 results: Battle: 1+3=4, Critical Miss! vs Bee Minion #6
ID# 181042 results: Battle: 7+3=10, Hit! vs Bee Minion #7, Dealing 13*14=182-25=157 Damage
ID# 181043 results: Battle: 10+3=13, Major Critical! vs Bee Minion #8, Dealing 15*14=210-25=185 Damage
ID# 181044 results: Battle: 2+3=5, Miss! vs The Queen

Player:
Freyd | HP:1730/1730 | EN:161/185 | DMG:23 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:173 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:86
Freya | HP:500/500 | EN:16/50 | DMG:13 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:3

Enemy:
(0,0)Bee Minion #6 | HP: 250/250 | DMG 125 | MIT 25
(0,1)Bee Minion #7 | HP: 93/250 | DMG 125 | MIT 25
(0,2)Bee Minion #8 | HP: 65/250 | DMG 125 | MIT 25
(0,0)The Queen | HP: 500/500 | DMG 200 | MIT 75

Edited by Freya

Freya's whirling blade of doom had softened them up.  Good.  He needed to cut loose a bit, and waded into melee in her wake, slashing through the swarm with impudence.  Freyd's actions were methodical, with machine-like precision, and yet with just enough variability to remain unpredictable.  It was like watching patterned chaos unleashed, and to devastating effect.  One fell slash and the Queen thumped unceremoniously to the ground, dazed by a single blow that had knocked a would-be monarch's health into the yellow zone.  The remains of her guards showered down around them.  She thrust her venomous stinger forth, but to no effect.  Freyd had already rolled aside and restored the guard of his weapon to ward against such retorts.  

"Flank her!  We'll take her down together!"

Moving around to his left, he signaled Freya to move in the other direction.  Compound eyes tracked both their movements, and aided the insect more than most in this situation, but it would not avail her.  Freyd, meanwhile, was using the vantage to gauge and memorize his ally's fighting style.  He needed to be able to tell her apart from her alter ego, and their mannerisms were different.  If this thing had treacherous intent, he needed to recognize its signature before it could unleash. 

Everyone had their tells, even those who attacked from within.

Spoiler

Freyd activates Charge.

Calamity Disaster (x12 AoE +8 for hits): 20 EN - (Finesse 3, Turn Recovery) = 16 EN

ID #181045 | BD: 9 (Crit +1, Charge +5, Holy +6).  Freyd deals (12*35=420-25=395) damage to Bee Minion #6
ID #181046 | BD: 9 (Crit +1, Charge +5, Holy +6).  Freyd deals (12*35=420-25=395) damage to Bee Minion #7
ID #181047 | BD: 8+6-1=13 (hit, Charge +5, Fallen +6).  Freyd deals (12*34=408-25=383) damage to Bee Minion #8
ID #181048 | BD: 5+6-1=10 (hit, Charge +5).  Freyd deals (12*28=336-75=261) damage to The Queen

ID #181048 | MD: 4-2=2 (miss).  The Queen misses Freyd.

Player:
Freyd | HP:1730/1730 | EN:145/185 | DMG:23 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:173 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:86
Freya | HP:500/500 | EN:16/50 | DMG:13 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:3

Enemy:
(2,0)Bee Minion #6 | HP: 0/250 | DMG 125 | MIT 25 (250-395)
(2,1)Bee Minion #7 | HP: 0/250 | DMG 125 | MIT 25 (93-395)
(1,2)Bee Minion #8 | HP: 0/250 | DMG 125 | MIT 25 (65-383)
(1,0)The Queen | HP: 239/500 | DMG 200 | MIT 75 (500-261)

Note: Roll 181045 incorrectly assigned to bee #5, which is already dead.  Applied to Bee #6.

Concentration [2/3]

Freya watches as all but the Queen bursts. Jeez...Giving a simple nod to Freyd as its health was just below half. The creatures rapid spinning trying to pinpoint both of them was sorta funny to her. A small smirk shows upon her lips as she ducks beneath a wing to get to the opposite side of Freyd. She swung high but the queen turns just right to where Freya's hit was unable to get through. "Would you just stay still for 2 seconds you stupid son of a..." she starts to say as Freya knocks the creature on the side of its head with the bottom of her hilt dealing no damage still. The large creature, however, did slowly turn to Freya. Gettings its attention even if for a moment she says "Would you like to do the honors?" Even though she dealt no damage, she could still cause a distraction so he could. "Lights out," she says with a smile toward the bee staring directly into its eyes now with a grin painted across her face. 

ID# 181049 results: Battle: 2+3=5, Miss! vs The Queen (OMFG)

Player:
Freyd | HP:1730/1730 | EN:145/185 | DMG:23 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:173 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:86
Freya | HP:500/500 | EN:15/50 | DMG:13 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:3

Enemy:
(2,0)Bee Minion #6 | HP: 0/250 | DMG 125 | MIT 25 (250-395)
(2,1)Bee Minion #7 | HP: 0/250 | DMG 125 | MIT 25 (93-395)
(1,2)Bee Minion #8 | HP: 0/250 | DMG 125 | MIT 25 (65-383)

(1,0)The Queen | HP: 239/500 | DMG 200 | MIT 75 (500-261)

Edited by Freya

A white, diagonal flash was all that could be seen from her vantage, before the Queen literally popped, exploding into a thousand fractured shards of light.  Freyd's dark form landed before her with a subtle thud that made her wonder if his bones were hollow.  

"Nice distraction," he added, without sarcasm, red eyes scanning their surroundings for any lingering foes.  He knew full well the fickle nature of the roller and the value of participation in battle.  She was still at that critical stage where combat competence depended so much on the vagaries of gear and a lack of sufficient skill points.  He remembered it well, watching Raidou obliterate everything while he whittled away at the edges.  It had been both motivating, to see a goal worthy of chasing, and daunting in witnessing the gaps in their power.  That gap had shrunk over time.  The same gap, between the two of them, would gradually do the same.  Freyd never thought of his companions as anything less capable than himself.  They just needed more time and investment. 

From Freya's point of view, he would surely seem to be playing the part of the harsh teacher, always driving her to improve.  He was the unrelenting hound of the chase, so to speak.  Which was fair, because it was true.

Spoiler

Galaxy Destroyer (x13): 13 EN - (Finesse 3, Turn Recovery) = 9 EN

ID #181050 | BD: 9 (Crit +1, Holy +6).  Freyd deals (13*30=390-75=315) damage to The Queen.

Player:
Freyd | HP:1730/1730 | EN:145/185 | DMG:23 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:173 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:86
Freya | HP:500/500 | EN:15/50 | DMG:13 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:3

Enemy:
(3,0)The Queen | HP: 0/500 | DMG 200 | MIT 75 (239-315)

While Freyd glances around for stragglers, Freya shuts her eyes and listens to her surrounding. This wind whistled in her ears as everything else was silent. Even her head was clear, at least for now. Her head tilts backward just enough to look up to the sky, as she keeps her eyes closed to feel the light breeze against her synthetic skin. She heard nothing more around but silence, it was nice...

Her body still felt like dead weight so she walks just a bit away from the forest and sits down facing the tree lines. Setting her weapon down next to her she glances at Freyd and pats on the ground next to her. She was calmer than she had been all day. "I was speaking out of anger and fear before. That was my bad and for that I am sorry." She plucks a flower from the ground next to her. 

"For a split moment there I was thinking that my problems were worse than everyone around me, but the reality is, it is all the same. Different instances and levels of issues, yes, but the outcome is better or worse depending on how it is handled and who is dealing with the results of that outcome..." She begins to pluck the petals away from the flower. 

"You said before, you would be my anchor," she pauses as she watches the last petal falls with just the stem left in her hand now. "I wanted to believe that it was my way or the high way, nothing else mattered. I now know that is not a rational option for anyone." She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath of the fresh air. 

Exhaling slowly she says "Instead of fading away, I will accept your help in full. I don't want him gone though, I just want him calm. I want my memories back Freyd..." Glancing to Freyd now. "Let's figure this out so that can at the very least know I won't hurt anyone." She thinks for a moment everything that the Man said today..."If this doesn't work then maybe I can learn to control my temper better. Maybe it's who I am supposed to be just not so..." she couldn't find the words for that last phrase. 

"Thank you Freyd for taking the time to even considering helping me," she says with a very sincere look in her eyes now looking up to Freyd. 

Freyd almost looked imperious as he stood, listening to her speak as she sat, the red of his eyes watching from behind half-closed eyelids. 

She is committing.  Good.  This means hope.

Raidou's words echoed in the back of his head.  They had been rattling around endlessly back there since they were first spoken.  Every once in a while, Freyd was tempted to try to shake them loose, along with the tethers that tied them to his promise.  But for all people thought of him, or even feared, he was a man of his word.  He'd given his promise to Raidou, just as he'd given it to Freya.  Responsibilities were gathering over his soul before he'd fully finished rediscovering it. 

I guess that's what it means to grow up.

Sitting down, as requested, he felt the tickle of grass upon false flesh. 

"Congratulations," he said, his voice calm and steady.  "You've met someone who can be just as stubborn and hard-headed as you are."  His eyes softened as he spoke.

"Those are better, and likely more achievable goals.  I'm not sure how we will do it, but speaking with Raidou would be a good place to start.  Some third party was behind all of this.  We need to figure out who, where and why.  The rest can follow."  He picked up one of the fallen petals and stared at it.

"There was nothing to consider.  You are important to people who mean everything to me.  I won't tell you not to worry, but we will sort this out.  In the meantime, you need to stay focused, and pull on the line if you feel like you're slipping.  The anchor will hold."

You should have been a tank.

For a moment, Freyd was finding it oddly hard to disagree.

She chuckles at the first things he said but then listened to the rest. "I don't know Raidou well but I know that I owe him my life..." she stretches her legs out now trying to become not so exhausted, it wasn't helping. If he was anything like Freyd then she knew he could be trusted. Freyd earned that today, by not backing down staying with her at every bad moment today. He could have just left her alone to deal with her own shit but he didn't. 

A third party...Raidou...She was trying to keep as few people as possible in the loop. She didn't want everyone in harm's way trying to deal with such a thing. 

Eruda and Griswold...the people who cared most for her in this game and now out. Stay focused...easier said than done but she would try a bit harder now that she knew she had someone that she could definitely count on if things went south. Hopefully, another if he ever showed his face around these parts.

She gives a smile to Freyd, "I will hold you to that," as a small grin forms on her face. Getting to her feet now, grabbing her weapon she says "You really are not such a bad guy Fredo." Freya decided to take the up and up side of things right now. There would come a time when he would appear again and she needed to be ready for it. "I am going to have to cook a hearty meal for you and Raidou if he is any help," she says jokingly...sorta... "I am going to attempt to head home and sleep. We will meet back up tomorrow and put our ducks in a row with Raidou present this time...I will let you know if anything happens that could help us. Feel free to message me or check on me at my house...I will send you the location." She realized how weird that sounded as she started slowly walking. Turning saying "Before you even think it the other way, I feel like we could be good friends if you'd allow me to be." Giving him a soft smile now as she turns and starts to stumble her way slowly to the warp gate...

Freya's constant shifting between stress-induced breakdown, strongs then vulnerable woman and borderline flirt was throwing Freyd for a bit of a loop.  He wasn't used to having to care about emotional complexity, preferring just to manipulating it to achieve a more direct result.  Think was a whole different call game.   Strangely, it also felt more like facing an amalgam of all of the women he'd gotten to know in Aincrad - so, basically, all of the women he'd EVER gotten to know.  Did people actually do this on purpose?!  His head hurt from trying to process and decipher the whirlwind of emotions that came with it. 

You'll get used to it.

Freyd looked at his shadow skeptically, a lone eyebrow raised, as if it could somehow claim to be some sort of suave Casanova itself.  There was a certain truth in the comment.  He needed to convey a sense of calm and confidence if Freya was to gain the benefits.  So he did.

"Get some rest.  I will try to connect with Raidou in advance so that we can make it a productive meeting."

"Before you even think it the other way, I feel like we could be good friends if you'd allow me to be."

"Of course," he replied, with a pleasant and encouraging smile.  "I'd like that." 

Internally, Freyd kept thinking of the tangled knot he was still trying to unravel to fully understand where he sat with Elora.  The very notion that people would willingly sustain multiple, simultaneous romantic affiliations was... exhausting!

Vanity Tag: @Raidou  @Elora

Thread Summary:

Freyd receives:

2 SP (1 page, +1 event)
[Last Hit Reward] Matriarch’s Holy Stinger (Consumable): [Unique Item: Grants the Wielder double the Bleed Damage for one thread].
Queen’s Honey: [Perfect Potion: +3 Damage for one thread].

Freya receives:

4 SP (1 page,+1 event, +2 quest)
3,400 col
Queen’s Honey: [Perfect Potion: +3 Damage for one thread].