[PP-F1] Am I doing this right?

Hearing Roy shouting behind him, Koga stopped and turned around, his head tilted to the side and an impassive expression on his face. "I thought you said you wanted me to leave you alone or something?" he said, more a statement than a question. Closing and exhaling, Koga told himself to just forget it and go along with whatever at this point. "I take it you found the last material?" he asked.

Once Roy had caught up, Koga resumed the walk back to the town, "So do you actually want to DPS, or were you just saying it just 'cause?" Koga asked, figuring they could make some sort of a conversation work. There wasn't any particular care behind any of his words at this point. He was just trying to pass the time in a manner that didn't include anymore bad jokes. God, please, no more bad jokes, Koga would give up whatever you ask of him if you just don't make him suffer anymore.

@Recon

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once Recon had caught up to Koga he answered him when asking about wanting him to leave. “Yeah, I did tell you to leave because I didn’t want you sitting on your ass doing nothing. Also yes I found the last one apparently Lishuu walked over one missing it.” He smiled before continuing what he yelled to him earlier “Hey you forgot your clown ID.” Recon said sarcastically.

“Anyways what do you want to do with your life before joining the death game?” Recon dodged the question on what build he wanted to be because he didn’t exactly know how to answer that. “And uh...sorry about me getting angry I just didn’t get much sleep lately.” Recon then turned to Koga before asking a deep question. “You scared of...well you know death?” after asking that Recon turned towards the fields seeing that it was getting closer to night time. It was a nice view really.

Koga rolled his eyes at the clown ID joke. "Yeah, well if I'm the clown, you must be the whole goddamn circus." It wasn't clear if the joke was confrontational or not. To be honest, Koga didn't really know either. Not that it mattered too much right now. They were both tired, it seemed. Such things would be forgotten by the time morning rolled around.

And Recon's next stream of words only confirmed that. Although the questions he posed himself required a much more awake Koga to answer with any sense of eloquence. Well, what passed for eloquence when it came to Koga. "One question at a time," the swordsman said, "My two braincells can't keep up with all those questions. To answer your first one, I was studying to be a game developer. Not that I really need a degree for that but," Koga let the sentence hand, simply shrugging. "The whole dying thing though? Eh...I want to say not really. I guess, at this point I've been put in enough near death situation that I actually can say not really. But...I dunno, until I really do die, I guess I don't wanna say it in case I shit my pants when I finally kick the bucket. You? For both questions."

@Recon

Recon smiled and looked back at Koga “Well if I’m the whole circus I guess your one of the acts” he paused before continuing “And to be honest with you it was a terrible act.” Recon said jokingly. At this point, Recon’s joke-making abilities made no sense due to the lack of sleep all he could do is spit out dark jokes and some random stuff.

There was no going back for Koga, Recon was just starting to open up to him although in a tired manner. Recon walked beside him hearing him respond to his questions. Once Koga was done speaking Recon spoke “Well…I was attending school to become a …” Recon sighed “If I’m going, to be honest with you I don’t fucking know really.” He looked down at the road and responded to the question of death. “Guess I’m not really afraid of it but…” Recon paused and pulled down his neck warmer and turned back to Koga “I just don’t want to be there when it happens.”

The two soon entered the Town of Beginnings heading towards Zachariah’s place. Once they got there Recon walked up to the door and turned around “Thank’s for the talk hope you lost a couple of years off your lifespan by doing this cause I sure did with that door earlier.” He laughed and opened the door entering the place.

The old man turned around hearing him enter. “Your back as well! That’s great!” Zachariah smiled at Recon before speaking once again “Just like the last person I’m going to have to teach you how to make a potion. I would do it for you but I got my hands tied currently.” Recon couldn’t say anything in response as Zachariah started laying out the materials to make a potion in front of him. Once they were laid out the Old man started showing Recon how to make a potion.

“Alright, I got it now.” He didn’t get it at all and tried to mimic what the Alchemist had shown him but he did it in a nervous manner his hands shaking while following the instructions. Somehow Recon made a potion a decent one at that.  

“See? That wasn’t so hard” Zachariah patted Recon on the back for his success in making a potion. “Well, then I should be on my wa-” Recon was cut off by Zachariah “Hey before you go could you deliver this to a person named Lyle Tealeaf for me please?” Recon nodded his head in response and was handed the package and it immediately went into his inventory

ID#183777 Craft:10 Potion successfully made.

Edited by Recon

Koga had to pause for a moment and think about the joke that Roy had just said. Wasn't he also insulting himself in saying that? Making himself into the bigger fool? It didn't matter, Koga was tired, but it sure sounded like he had at least.

"For being such a wise ass, I'm surprised you didn't say stand up comedian," Koga remarked, in a slightly joking matter. It was certainly something Koga thought the man could at least consider. "Just don't be surprised if someone walks up on stage and tries to kick your ass."

Not being there for your own death though. It was a seemingly non-sensical statement, but in a way, it made sense. Being dead was one thing, but the act of dying was another. Koga imagined it was far more terrifying than anything else in this life.

At last they made it back to the Town of Beginnings, and that was where the two would part ways. As Koga left, he called over his shoulder. "If you ever need any help on a quest, or some gear, drop by my store. Just leave the shitty jokes at the door."

---

Thread Summary

Spoiler

Lishuu and Recon:
+5 Tier One Health Potions of Rare quality. (+40 HP)
+1 Tier One Damage Potion of Uncommon quality. (+1 Damage)
+1 Tier One Over-Health Potion of Special quality. (+50 HP to maximum HP for remainder of thread)
+5 SP [2 Quest +2 Thread +1 Quarantine]

Koga:
+3 SP [2 Thread +1 Quarantine]

Everyone:
+133 Col