[PP-F4] The Hunt

196724: LD:5+8=13, Stealth Rating

A soft patter in the snow, that crunch that showed there was another within the walls of the settlement. An eerie fog draws across that ivory white powder, beginning to build this almost smoke on the water appearance. Setsuna, sits on dangling wire just out of purview. Watching, waiting as she sizes up what group this girl had chosen to bring. She'd be given the opportunity to parley, to 'convince' her master that she wasn't a wolf with the wrong moniker. But the creature in the mist wasn't too keen on allowing such an animal near her captain.

A cyan ice like pulse flares in her eyes, her vision zooming in as she took careful looks at the three of these opponents. She had a thing for faces, to take them away and use them. Memory was important here, for it may become relevant. Beneath her breath, a soft word spoken as she played with the tone of her voice in mimicry. Her image distorts and flares, as vapor takes to her body like a cocoon. "We don't know who may be watching." as Setsuna takes Dazia's shape and voice for her own. It takes her a bit to get the tone right, and then finally the personality would be interesting. "...don't know who is waiting for you."

Edited by Setsuna

Freyd stood motionless, with the poise and manner to match Krysta's and to suit Dazia's expectations.  For all the frantic anticipation about the coming contact, everyone seemed to have forgotten that this was a safe zone.  No conflict was even possible, which meant that there was no actual way of preventing Dazia's escape if she showed.  Direct confrontation had never been his goal.  This was all about laying bare the nature of the dispute and determining whether a compromise solution was even possible.  It might very well not be, in which case Dazia could be hunted down on another occasion.  

His assumed expression revealed nothing.  The game was one of waiting, now, while the real trap was sprung.  He allowed himself a slow, pacing walk back and forth before the gate, watching his shadow pass over the darkened ground, glancing the twin azure slivers that occasionally glanced back.

"Well, whatever happens, this should prove interesting."

Krysta remained in position, everything was quiet. Her foe had not yet arrived, and it had been about half an hour...or, at least, it felt like half an hour to Krysta. How long would she be chasing Dazia down if the plan failed? How many more would fall to her blade? This needed to end, and quickly...and the only way Krysta knew, was to treat Dazia like the monster that seemed to dwell within those eyes...but she couldn't. Not while her cursor was green, it wasn't possible without a duel, and that would require consent. Unless Krysta was the challenged party, there was no legal method for vanquishing Dazia at this time, now that she thought about this in depth.

Now she was worried, that she'd be unable to avenge the fallen, that they would have all died in vain.

She had to do something, and she had to do it right...but she couldn't just do nothing. "Freyd..." She thought. "I sure hope this maddened strategy of yours prevails...I do not know how long I can stand this, knowing many lives could be at stake if we were to fail..."

Oku was a bit surprised to learn that Dazia was willing to let him go, so claimed her associates...but there was no further surprise when Dazia revealed she was planning to release him in exchange for herself being spared. He knew not of why this Valna woman dared help this killer of four, but as he learned from his conversation with the child, Yinangi, it would seem that the young player believed Dazia was not in the wrong with her deeds. Of course, those deeds had saved the child's life, despite ending another's life to do so...funny, wasn't that exactly what Krysta wanted? To end Dazia's life so that others may live? Perhaps the two weren't so different after all...but that did not stop him from glaring at Dazia, or looking towards her with extreme suspicion. After all, the kill that saved the child was only a second among four, how could he know whether or not Dazia had gotten a taste for killing since then?

Dazia could have sworn she just heard a whisper, one so faint that it was practically inaudible. She stopped in the middle of the snowy path, and asked, "Did any of you just say something?"

Only the silence in the air dared to answer. Dazia slowly began to walk once more, but she was just as wary as she was when she'd arrived. Her gaze darted around the settlement, looking left and right for any signs of danger. This may have been a safe zone, but players could still be grabbed and potentially restrained, for whatever hostile purpose a possible assailant had in mind. She knew her goal, of course. Negotiate release, exchange her allies' captive for her freedom, escape. The plan in mind was simple, but her enemies would just need to be cooperative for this to work.

Dazia's right hand was in her pocket, ready to draw out the teleport crystal if things went poorly. Yinangi had a similar idea, placing one hand in her pocket, while her other hand held onto the spy. Valna also kept a hand on the spy as Yinangi did, as to make sure he didn't try to flee, but there was no pocket on her outfit that could hold and conceal a teleport crystal. While she did like this "armor" very much, Valna considered having a talk with her preferred tailor when all this was over...

The Square was now in sight, and Dazia saw a familiar figure in the distance. She did not quicken her pace, but in fact slowed down a little. It was best to approach with caution.

ID# 196823 LD: 7(Failed to spot Setsuna)

Edited by Dazia

Setsuna's drops into the snow like vapor, under disguise, just as she. For Dazia's allies she moves, and makes but a simple phrase in the girl's appearance. "She's not the real, you need to get out of here. This copy of me is leading you into a trap." Isolation bred compliance, as well as desperation. At the very least, she'd build suspicion and drain their agreement with the real Dazia's actions. Unsure if the girl she was would be so foolish to lead her partners into a snaring net might just be enough to convince them otherwise.

Only visible for a moment, she takes her roost upon another roof. Out of sight, watching to see the roots of misdirection take hold or not. It would be the difference between conversation between one, multiple. Or bloodshed for one or many. Setsuna was out for blood but not her master, and still this batch had green markers. She'd wait until they made the mistake of turning that crystal into the symbol of a traitor. Then it would all be over, they wouldn't escape retribution.

197014 BD:10 (LOL), LD:3+8+1(Multipurpose)=12, Stealth Rating

Edited by Setsuna

Exactly how long was Krysta going to wait? How much time had passed exactly? Had she checked?

...Well, she had done so now, and surprisingly, it hadn't been more than a single hour. Chances were, the killer had already escaped, or was making preparations. Krysta hoped it was the latter, for once, as she was unwilling to remain in this position for too long. She didn't know if she could last the night all the way through without dozing off before dawn.

She did what she could do to keep it as quiet as possible, but she took a deep breath or two regardless, she couldn't just dwell on this in such an unhealthy manner. As she continued to wait, she looked back to the memories she had with the only member of the fallen she truly knew. The time they spent, the goodwill both meant to others, precious memories with her cousin, the man who was like the brother she never had...

She wanted so desperately to see to it that he did not die for nothing. Dazia had murdered him, and thus someway, somehow, the killer must pay the consequences.

What the hell was that just now? Dazia could have sworn the snow just moved.

The three players and their captive simply stood there in silence for about a minute or two. Dazia then looked to her allies and captive. Something wasn't right about the expression on Yinangi's face. "Yinangi, what's wrong?" Dazia asked. Yinangi would send a message to Valna, and the reason Dazia could tell was because Valna received a message as soon as Yinangi pressed send. Valna had a confused look on her face. "Yinangi...did...did you hear the details back over in the abandoned building? Kind of why we brought the spy, isn't it?" She asked. Yinangi pulled up her messenger, and sent another message. "What's going on?" Dazia asked. Yinangi pulled out her Teleport Crystal. "If it's you, I hope you'll forgive me for doubting you. Teleport: Florenthia!" After these words, she would disappear, and Valna would recieve Yinangi's message. After reading the message, Valna sighed and said, "Just...we need a reality check real quick. So it's a trap, and the plan is to reverse the trap...but Yinangi claims she heard you say that you, right here, were a copy." 

"What?"  Dazia thought. "That's not possible...the only way for that to happen would be to..."

The Assassin, they were here.

To have sown distrust with a false form, it have been Disguise...Dazia really wanted that skill, and now she was seeing more and more potential use for it...oh, the irony, that it would be used against her.

"Go ahead, ask me questions, I'm ready." Dazia said. "Surely a copy wouldn't know things only the real Dazia would know."

Valna nodded. "I've got many questions, of which only the real Dazia would know the answers to, but I'll stick with three for now, in case the other one shows up again." She remarked. "Mom's favorite bird." Came the first question to answer. "Raven." Dazia answered. "Next up is a tougher one. Over in Ao3, there were four stories written by a seemingly anonymous user going by 'Shadowflight'. Now, which of those four...was your favorite?" Valna asked. Dazia's face reddened. "You have got to be kidding me...you're bringing up THAT? J-just because I actually liked that one doesn't mean you can just bring it up wherever because you damn walked in on me reading it!!" She thought. With a grimace, and some hesitation, Dazia eventually answered with, "...S-....Starry Dreams...", as her face reddened even further.  Valna smiled. "Correct. Ah, Starry Dreams...I actually read it myself, you've got great taste in love stories! ...even if the title was a little cliche...the story itself was anything but, though." She remarked. "For the love of the world, please shut up and ask the next question, would you?" Dazia said, close to pleading as she pulled her hood over her head and practically hid her face in it. "Last Question...for now... Tell me...one of my secrets." Valna requested. Dazia leaned over to Valna, who lowered her head to listen, and Dazia whispered something in Valna's ear. The smirk faded from her face, and she looked almost embarrassed herself. "I was thinking of a completely different secret, but yeah that works. Okay, it's you..."

She slowly began to walk towards the square again. One ally lost to fear, but it was too late to turn back now. "I should probably talk to this Freyd character about his damn assassin..." She thought. He had a lot to answer for, such as trying to make Dazia come alone.

ID# 197034 LD: 9(Failed to spot Setsuna)

Edited by Dazia

A tinge of silence on her roost, still holding fast the girl's appearance. Listening intently with a soft ice like glow showing like stars against the moonlit night, Setsuna begins to recite it all, having far more answers to questions that may be relevant in the near future getting up close and personal with the pair under a faint bit of fog. Each transcribed and added to the mental page, learning more and more about the girl than she'd first expected. A quick message to Freyd pressed against a wall near the town's warp gate.

To: Freyd

One has fled, the other sticks to the girl. I will see what else I can do with this 'Yinangi' to convince the other to leave.

A soft flash and the girl ends up at the plaza of Florenthia. "Yinangi, you got away. where's..?" and Setsuna feigns a glance around the plaza, knowing full well the other had not yet left. "We need to get her out of there." Setsuna would be ready to answer the same string of questions should they be asked, and now she had one eating out of the palm of her hand. She'd get the girl alone, to have a simple conversation. This is where she excelled after all.

197035 BD:10 (Jeez Girl, slow down), LD: 13+8=21, Stealth Rating

Edited by Setsuna

Freyd-as-Krysta stood, legs apart in a wide stance, before the teleportation portal.  His hands were clasped casually at his back, waiting informally for the others to arrive.  His voice matched his appearance, but with a particularly cold demeanor.   

"It really shouldn't be this hard to meet and have a simple conversation."  Insolent scolding bled into his words, trying to hold the proper level of venom to match his facades' hatred for the woman that had finally come before them.  They were expecting hostility.  Some degree of semblance had to be maintained, at least until the moment's pretense had passed.

"You have crimes that require accounting, Dazia.  You need to pay for what you've done."  The taunt was crisp and clear, delivered with the same bile that Krysta's voice had carried when they met at the monument.  "This game will continue forever, unless we eventually place our pasts behind us and move on.  I'm no longer interested in casting blame.  We need to settle this thing between us, once and for all."

Time passed, she stayed in position. Then, she heard it. A crunch in the snow...no, more. She then heard Freyd speaking as Krysta.

What kind of words were these? It all made sense until the end, whatever was this for? The players came here to stop Dazia! ...Or was this all part of the plan? A facade to lure her in? Perhaps Krysta knew nothing of this plan after all...but for the time being, she would remain in position. However, if something went wrong, she might find herself having to intervene...hopefully, it shan't come to such a thing.

"I'm starting to wonder what your goal is here, Freyd..." Krysta thought. "The more I think about it, the less sense it makes...I certainly hope you know what you're doing."

She would be back to waiting, but she knew the time was coming, and as she waited for the time to make her move, she would listen to the conversation...but she had to do so without being seen. She wanted to see what was happening, but she couldn't do that without the risk of revealing herself.

Oku watched as there was suddenly a seed of doubt planted within the younger player, who pulled out a Teleport Crystal and disappeared. Dazia and Valna would exchange questions and answers to determine whether or not there was anything to doubt. With one unsurprising answer, one surprising answer, and one inaudible answer. "That's a lot you're risking for trust, Dazia. You even surprised me." Oku began. "Say this copy that may or may not be sowing discord was still around, chances are, they're closer than you think, could be hiding. Even in a moonlit night like this, a stealth expert could find more suitable hiding places than someone else. How do you know the one you've confirmed as a copy with your actions hadn't heard what it is you've whispered with that last question? Don't get me wrong, of course, I'm still not on your side...I'm just telling you what you risked. Besides, from the looks of things, no matter how it goes, I'll be freed. You're willing to hold your end of the bargain, and on the chance that this is a trap you two can't handle, well, your enemies are likely to free me." He explained. "Just something for you two to think about."

The captive seemed to be in more of a neutral standpoint in all this, probably because, as he'd said, no matter what happens from here, he'll be free. It was true, so Dazia would need to make his freedom count for something. The spy also made a good point, if the assassin was still around, they could have used stealth and overheard each answer to use against Dazia. Although the chances of the secret Dazia spoke being heard by more than just Valna alone were slim, it was definitely a risk that had been taken. "Don't worry, I still have more where that came from." Valna reassured. "I can only hope Yinangi's okay, though. We don't know what could be going on..." Dazia noted.

Yinangi wasn't expecting Dazia to follow her into Florenthia, saying they need to get Valna out of the fourth floor. Yinangi didn't know what to think at this moment. "...I..." She did care about her friends, but since she teleported in front of one Dazia, said Dazia could have followed her, under the guise of the one who warned her. She couldn't tell which one was real...

And so she trusted neither. "I can't talk right now, I need some time to myself." She decided.

With that, the girl ran off, hoping to lose Dazia in the settlement. If there was always the lingering question of who was who, and no easy way to get the right answer, she would have to do the hard thing. Hopefully there would be a hiding spot she could take within a building once out of sight.

"She's a smart kid, still in a safe zone, too. I'm sure she'll manage." Valna reassured as the players continued on to the square. "I can only hope..." Dazia thought. Yes, she was smarter than most of the common rabble, but if she fled upon the slightest seed of doubt, what would happen to her if there was another who Freyd hadn't mentioned? For now, she would shake off the thoughts...she needed hope, not fear. After all, it was hope that kept her from going insane. She'd have killed a lot more people otherwise. Finally, the players made it to the square, where Krysta seemed to be waiting. 

"It really shouldn't be this hard to meet and have a simple conversation." Spoke the familiar figure. Dazia shrugged. "Kind of hard to meet up easily when it could easily be an obvious trap. I'd say better safe than sorry, although it's even harder to deal with a situation like this easily when someone tries to sow discord in what could have been a peaceful situation otherwise. By the way, where's that moderator you spoke of? I need to have a word with him, too." She explained. 

The first response came as expected, but the next words to come from Krysta's mouth were...completely unexpected. "Cut the crap." Dazia shot back. "You're clearly lying, there's no way you're over this conflict like that." She was actually trying to keep herself from laughing at this moment. "But on the off chance you did want to get this over with in words instead of blood, I too, came with a peaceful offering. We have your spy, and we'll release him to you peacefully...if you let us go in peace." Might as well play the card while she still could.

Valna looked Krysta up and down. "So, you're Krysta, then? Damn, she wasn't kidding when she said you were like a princess...heh, lovely like one, too. Name's Valna, I don't think we've met." She remarked and introduced. "I know Dazia pretty well, so I guess I could serve as her moderator...assuming this goes well, of course. You say you want peace, but actions speak louder than words. Go ahead, prove your intent, even if you can only speak it." She added.

"Fine I'll save her myself, go be useless somewhere else." Setsuna snapped in the same tone that Dazia would have provided, stepping back onto the warp gate and jumping to her own store instead of the plaza itself. As soon as she'd land, a quickly transposed message to Freyd:

To: Freyd

Yinangi seems unconcerned if the other has perished or not, may be hired mercenary and not with any real allegiance. May be exploitable. On my way back to Snowfrost.

In the few seconds it takes to pound out the abrupt word, her image shifts back to her own, and she flickers into an obscure mist. The door swings open, and she leaps out of the threshold. Charge and Acrobatics activating and tossing her at such absurd speeds that she's nothing more than a bouncing silhouette on the sides of glassed trees. Catching the back half of the conversation as she eyed the tensions between the assumed pseudo Krysta and the real Dazia that was now so easy to replace. "Valna" a twisted smile peeled on the corner of her mouth as she gathered even more of that palatable information that made infiltration a greater possibility, before it's repeated in another voice "Valna, I'm kind of cute and know Dazia pretty well do I?"

197038 13+8=21, Stealth Rating

Edited by Setsuna

"You're absolutely right, Dazia.  We can only speak here.  Which suits me just fine."  Stepping lightly down the dais, Freyd-as-Krysta moved slowly and deliberately to provoke no alarm.  His gaze softened, and left Dazia's only long enough to tap gently at empty air.  Her location pinged, still in the back of his mind, confirming that she hadn't moved.

To: Krysta

Your friend is safe now.  Come collect him.  What happens next is up to you.

Samael's Pride clung to the shadows on his back, black on black and invisible the eye.  He knew the weapon couldn't be used here anyway.  Approaching the rival trio, Freyd-as-Krysta kept his hands in plain sight, making no sudden or threatening gestures.  There was no need or purpose in doing so.  

"Valna, you say?  Interesting.  I'm very glad for the introduction.  If I wanted anything but peace, you would not have received this invitation.  This is a test, after all, to determine whether or not something else must follow.  Thank you for returning our friend to us.  It will make this much easier, and hopefully help it to end better."  Like some sort of beautiful ghost, Freyd-as-Krysta walked counterclockwise to have their gazes follow away from where real Krysta was disguised.  "Wouldn't you agree, Krysta?"

Tilting his head to the left and looking past the group was all it took.  In the instant their heads turn, Freyd passed Oku a teleportation crystal and ensured his mouth was clear to speak. 

"Urbus."  A nod of thanks and a flash. Their prisoner was gone.  He had the good sense to pick a place with a short name.  By the time they would turn their heads back, so would he be.

Pawn taken.  Another piece leaves the board.

Freyd rolls stealth - ID #197052 | LD: 11+5=16

The time had come. When Krysta received the message, she was confident that this would go well. She had far more than enough time to consider and evaluate her options, thus she felt ready for this moment.

Upon the cue, Krysta would leave her hiding spot, and witness Oku being given a teleport crystal, which he immediately used to flee.

The real Krysta was now in sight, it was time to act.

The first thing Krysta would do was to actually see the situation. With Oku freed, the only ones left were Dazia, and the one who introduced herself as Valna. Indeed, Krysta and Valna had yet to meet, and it was now that Krysta could see what this associate of Dazia's looked like. This Valna woman was a fair skinned individual with raven black hair and red eyes, wearing a vibrant red cloak, and an outfit that appeared very out of place for a floor like this. The woman wasn't even shivering, despite the outfit being a pair of short shorts, a sleveless crop top, and fingerless gloves all made from smooth, soft black leather, complete with a more practical looking pair of boots. "Oh, goodness..." Krysta thought as she tried to hide her innate reaction. Nevertheless, her eyes widened in surprise, and her hand went halfway towards her slightly open mouth. "That is a rather...suggestive outfit..." Well, now she might as well ask. "Erm, pardon me...care to explain how you don't seem to be freezing right now?" Krysta asked. 

Regardless of the answer she would get, she would move on to the matter at hand. "...Right, back to more important matters...There is no right way to end this in blades now, it would require both our consent to the risk of death...so, against my own judgement...perhaps, at least for the moment, we can try and keep it civil. You want to leave here alive, I want you to answer for what you have done, and it would seem we each have a moderator...so then, let's begin." She explained.

This would end in no clash of blades, unless it was necessary. Instead, what Krysta's course of action had now become was a war of words.

"Why did you kill Wardege? I have never seen any signs of insanity within him, but what do you claim?" She began, her expression showing automatic distrust, though that was to be expected.

Starting from the beginning sounded like a good start. Dazia would need legitimate proof, and as far as Krysta knew, words did not count as proof. If anything, this was a repeat of how it all started, but the topic would be spoken much more calmly...hopefully.

Two Krystas...wonderful, that's just what Dazia needed right now.

Oh, and the captive was tossed a teleport crystal, too, so that leverage was gone. Should have bound his hands instead of his wrists.

Valna looked to the real Krysta, who seemed a bit taken aback by what she wore. Krysta asked why Valna wasn't freezing right now, and she was happy to oblige with the answer. "Survival Skill. Good for more than just regenerating HP faster." She replied with a wink. Dazia facepalmed over this. "Let's just get to why we're here already."

Krysta would then take note how both players cannot settle the issue with combat and still stay green, and...huh, she was actually on board with this whole thing? That's new. Of course, Dazia was reassured that this was indeed the real Krysta when she started with the beginning, how it all started, glaring at Dazia with suspicion. "Ah, there's the vengeful Princess I remember."

Now came the hard part. Honesty that was actually taken as it was. "We went out to hunt monsters. Simple, right? Well, it wasn't. For no reason, from what I know, he challenged me to a duel, a full loss duel. Neither of us knew how to back out of such combat at the time. So we fought. As quick as I was, he was more resilient than I expected. But by the time we both wanted to stop the duel, we didn't know any method but to keep fighting, we didn't even pay attention to the damn timer because we were so focused on the battle, both of us intent on living to see the next day." Dazia explained.

"He almost had a chance to win against me, actually...but he stood there and dared me to 'treat him as I would humanity'. I took it as a trap, and finished him off. There was foolishness on both sides. I won a battle of blood and survival, and he died a fool...it could have gone the other way, but here we are." Dazia finished. "Dazia here kinda has issues with...most people, so feel free to take her words with some salt." Valna suggested, worried that the way Dazia had put it in the end would provoke hostility. "Could you not?" Dazia thought.

The soft crunch of snow, the twist of her head to one side, still beneath the appearance of Valna. "So ignorance, a murder to be excused simply due to the fact that you were both imbeciles." Setsuna spat, an eerie blue glow ablaze on her iris. "You know nothing of vengeful, she allowed you to speak. I would see your tongue removed from your mouth, filthy animal. If too riddled with stupor that you forget your escape, you chose to accept. You chose to end it." The bile beneath her phrases could almost be tasted, like venom imbibed on the tongue. She'd look for her captain playing mirror, for some semblance of guidance. What she wanted was to remove her head from her shoulders.

A tight grip around a handle at her side, waiting for that word. One simple word or a snap of fingers that she so desperately wanted to hear. A reason. To kill.

"Your issues have just begun, and I will see to it, you pay for what you've done." a sharp glare, eyes wide and unblinking to the point of insanity. "You'll never know when it's coming, and you'll never be comfortable." A faint fog billowing off of her shoulders. "As soon as you make a mistake, Your head will find a pike, and it won't matter where you run. Dazia. I'll find you. To extract the price you've earned, monster and my reckoning will be swift and merciless. One mistake..." Like a phantom that wasn't real, the girl turns to vapor and joins the color of the floor that surrounded them all. A disembodied tone. "It will all be over."

197087 BD:19+8=27, Stealth Rating

Edited by Setsuna

Watching the scene unfold, Freyd felt his promise kept.  They had drawn Dazia out and peeled away her protections and deflections like layers on an onion in denial.  Krysta had gotten her wish: the opportunity to confront the person she believed to have wronged her.  He didn't have all of the details about whatever had happened between them.  It wasn't required.  All he'd really wanted was a chance to look into Dazia's eyes and gauge her mettle for himself. 

The girl had wrapped herself in delusions and excuses.  Whatever the truth, in her mind, none of it was her fault, and never could be.  Only a death duel would resolve this here, and that seemed unlikely from either one of them, let alone both.  

Content to have learned enough to pick Dazia and her allies apart, if it ever came to that, Freyd faded into the background.  His role here was done.  He'd watch silently to see how things played out, and then withdraw when the opportunity arose.  All that remained was to see just how bloodthirsty Krysta might be, if pushed to it.  It occurred to him that he'd never bothered to check and see if her name was on the monument.  Wouldn't that be a surprise?  A mental note was logged to sneak a peak the next time he returned.

Maintain Stealth - ID #197096 | LD: 15+5=20 (success)

Krysta was angered by Dazia's explanation. She did not know why Wardege would challenge her to a duel like that, but she could definitely see the explanation of how it ended occurring. Not from foolishness on Wardege's part, but from the malice on Dazia's. Setsuna would temporarily come into view, disguised as Valna. Based on her words, Setsuna's opinion on this was similar, almost exactly the same, as Krysta's.

Daring to call Wardege a fool? Killing him anyway when he gave her a chance? Dazia claimed to believe it was a trap, but Krysta knew that her cousin was a sincere individual. "You...."

She could not stop her anger from coming out, even if it was only words. "You Monster!!!!" She cried out. "He was sincerely giving you a chance, to stop fighting as he did, to prove that there was hope, and a chance for you both to live!" Despite the tears in her eyes, Krysta's anguish burned within them. "I have seen the malice burning within you before, and there's no denying it anymore..." Her gaze met Dazia's, waiting to see if it would show again. "You despise your own kind, don't you? Time and again, I have seen evidence of your evil, be it in slips or drops, or potentially a leak breaking into a flood like a dam that could hold the waters no more."

The assassin made a bit of a display while disguised as Valna, as she threatened Dazia. So now another player had it out for Dazia. What else was new?

Krysta then...pieced together exactly what the "issues with most people" meant in Dazia's case. Great, now there was this to deal with, too.

Valna's expression uttered out what her lips couldn't. "SOS".

Dazia took a deep breath, but in the end it failed her. "...So that's what you think, is it?" Dazia responded, her eyes meeting Krysta's. What happened then would be one pair of burning eyes looking towards another. One burned with vengeance, the other burned with hatred. It was clear that everyone was now watching what these two were doing. "Humanity...is despicable." Dazia began. "Hope, true hope, is a rare sight, and a world like this can force the hands of many."

Dazia had her left hand gripping the hilt of her weapon, ready to draw it out the moment someone dared to make any hostile moves. Her enemies were clearly experienced, and Krysta's moderator could track her judging from the fact that he was able to pinpoint her location. If his words were genuine, he wouldn't be too much of a threat unless Dazia was to fight him, which she did not intend to do. The assassin was never seen without a disguise as of the moment, and was a definite threat regardless of what happened. The threat, the stealth, all of it, proved to be something to be cautious about. Dazia had fought Krysta before, they were often on par with each other, though there were times when Krysta had the advantage. Dazia kept her defensive stance, ready to strike back if anyone attacked. This was a safe zone, and no real damage could be dealt here. She wasn't going to start a fight...but she would be ready for it if it came. 

Valna had to do something fast, this was all going downhill faster than anticipated. All eyes were on Dazia, and if she spoke the last of her opinion, there would be hell to pay. She quickly accessed her inventory and pulled out a corridor crystal. Hopefully no one was watching her, as that would give her enough time to diffuse the situation before it got any worse. "Taft."

Dazia's expression changed as she heard Valna speak. "Wha-"

"We'll be having none of that, now!" Valna said as she suddenly lifted Dazia up, then threw her into the corridor crystal's portal. "Bye, now~!" Valna said to the other players, then ran into the portal before it closed.

Valna sighed, now that the two were even safer than before, though they didn't have much time, as far as she knew. "Whew, that was a close one... Violet, I know you've got that little problem, but you can't just speak out such a dangerous opinion! There were two others there, they were practically experts, as far as I can tell!" She scolded. "If it was just her and you, it would be your word against hers, plain and simple. But now look what you almost got yourself into!" Valna took a deep breath. "Just...I'm trying to help you, sis, but the more you self-sabotage, the less I'll be able to. Now go, teleport somewhere else before they follow us."

Reluctantly, Dazia nodded her head in agreement. "You're definitely right on that last bit, Hiraani. I had plans to get to, anyway. Now that I know what I'm up against, I'll also need to add skills and mods that might get me off the enemy's 'radar', and keep that damn assassin off my trail, too..."

The enemy had stopped playing around, it was time to lay low, gather skills, gather leveles and strength, so that she would be ready for her enemies' assault, should they seek her out...

Edited by Dazia

"Disappointing," Freyd said, coming back into view.  His expression was flat, nearly bored in its neutrality.  "Setsuna.  Hunt her at your leisure.  She deserves to be ended.  If our paths cross again, it will end in the same manner.  I can't stand that sort of ignorant stupidity."  The red in his eyes shone angrily as he tilted his cowl upward, letting a nearby light catch his face in the somber blue of frozen night.

"There was no way to trap her here, Krysta.  The best we could do was learn about our quarry, and see if she had the stomach to face her crimes.  Clearly, she does not.  I have other tasks requiring my attention, but rest assured that I will keep my eyes and ears open.  If Dazia surfaces, she will lose her head.  Better things need doing than us wasting time and resources fighting each other."

A slight nod was offered before the Whisper turned and walked back up onto the dais.  His skin faded to a dull grey to match his clothes even as his hair bleached white. 

"Kalanaes."

And, with that, the hunt was ended, for now.  Dazia would not survive another.

Thread Summary:

2.6 Thread closure (RP rewards only)

Freyd receives:

1200xp (2*600 [T3])
200 col

Setsuna, Krysta and Dazia each receive:

800xp (2*400 [T2])
200 col