[F1-PP] Missing time

Sitting there staring at an empty space that was once occupied.

"Give me all you got..." a boy clothed in makeshift armor, a long haired beauty stand in front of Kodo, his sister. "Don't be stupid boy," she says as she places a hand on her brother from behind her.

That night played in his head, time and time again. Kodo was trying to figure out what happened that night.

"I me..eean it, empty your pockets..." a simple blade pointed at the twins by a boy that looked barely out of high school. Black hair, he looked to be struggling by the sounds of his stuttering. "You have more than what we have, why do you want what we have?"

Sitting in a dark alleyway, his hand goes to his forehead, combing his hair back, never taking is eyes off that absent space on the ground.

"St...opp with the questions and do what I sa...ay" Kodo's sister pushes him back a bit and walks forward, "Kaylee don't," Kodo says in a whisper. "We have nothing for you boy, go run a play somewhere else." 

A muffled owl sound in the distance, talking between other players could be heard just outside his peripheral vision. His mouth was dry, stomach was empty, eyes burned for sleep...

"I am no...oot playing around, both of you, gi...iive me what you do have now," this was almost a yell from the boy. Kaylee takes a few more steps toward the boy. His hand was shaking as he held the sword out. The boy takes a foot fall toward the long green haired girl, you could hear a snap from the boys ankle as his foot landing on a rock and rolled, with a pained scream from the girl standing in front. Kodo's eyes shift quickly to that sword that was now inside the gut of his sister. Standing upright the boys eyes were wide, Kodo rushed the few feet to his sister as she collapsed in his arms. In that moment the twins eyes link, "Survive Kodo, I love you..." words fade before the girl bursts into data... Kodo keeps his hands out in front of him staring at them with a pure blank look. Feeling of panic and sadness fill his chest. "No... What did you do?" Kodo's eyes shift quickly to the boy that was panicking himself. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. There was a rock and..." Kodo's eyes glance up at that green icon above the boys head turns from green to orange. "I am really sorry, I really didn't mean to..." the boy at this point drops his sword and runs out of the alleyway now knowing that the deep glare that Kodo was giving him, it was not going to end well if he didn't leave right then...

So many moons and suns have fallen. Days passed, then months, years... Kodo was still sitting there staring at that blank space. Everything around him was muffled and barely heard from one's perspective. Replaying that event in his head, trying to wrap his head around what shouldn't have happened in the first place... Sun falling from the sky once more... Sitting in this dark alley... 

Spoiler

Kodo,
Level: 1
Paragon Level: 0
HP: 20/20
EN: 20/20

Stats:
Damage: 1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon:
Armor:
Misc:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP) x3

Edited by Kodo

Get up Kodo

Staring, nothing but staring at that blank once occupied space.

Kodo, get up, now...

A voice that echoed clear as day, one that he recognized. His twin sisters, that blurred aspect vanishes as he looks around, still not moving from where he sat. There was nothing around, not a soul to match that voice. Confusion sinks into what was going on. 

This is not surviving Kodo, get up and live Kodo.

Another glance around, nothing but a rat that scrambled through the trash next to him. Where was that voice coming from... Dark laid around the ally that he sat. "Kaylee, is that you?"

Stop talking out loud, silly, I'm in your head...

Eyes shift to the stars above him. It had been several minutes as her started to think that maybe he was crazy. That voice sounded exactly like her, but if it was her then how.

"I'm heading to the monument. I will be home late tonight." A different voice, one that also could not be seen, but it was a different sound. Like it was just around the corner and not in his head. Someone real, an actual person... The monument, it sounded familiar. It was something that Kaylee and him explore once before everything that happened. Where that dead laid to rest. Kodo slowly gets to his feet after not hearing that voice in his head for a while. His eyes felt harsh and a bit blurred and his throat felt like he swallowed a rock. Stomach was empty, but he was determined to figure out if Kaylee's name was on that list of names. He remembers what was said by the large man in the sky, anyone that dies here, dies for real. He needed a proof of concept. Needed to know if what he saw was real, if his twin was really gone. He would piece the rest together when he got to that. 

Using the walls to guild his way to that place he had been once before. No one around, but an owl, most likely that same owl that was heard just moments ago. Interesting, but he keeps stumbling in that same direct. After some troubling foot fall, he manages to get to this large slab of stone. Name littered every inch of this concrete. A deep sad sigh as he tries hard to focus on those names. Using his finger now to guide his view carefully to each name, one by one. After some time, his finger stops on a single name. Kaylee Mishka, his eyes intently start to water. Overwhelming sadness fills his chest as his knees give in and he drops to the ground. Closing his, wetness drip down his cheeks.

It became nearly impossible to breath, "I am sorry Kaylee, I should have done more. Pushed him away or something, did something than just stand there and watch. I watched that blade and now your gone. I'm so sorry Kaylee, please come back to me, I need you, I can't do this without you..." This was said through tears, it was hard for him to grasp this, he started to think that maybe he shouldn't be here. How it was his fault that she was gone. He shouldn't be alive right now. Shifting his body, his back against the stone now as his eyes open with a blur from the water works. Finding a sharpened edged pebble, grasping it in his grip as it slow moves to his other wrist. "I don't want to do this without you..." Starting to put pressure on his fragile skin...    

Back pressed against the other side of the monument, she made it a thing to come here. A reminder almost of what had transpired. She wasn't really just dwelling on the past is was more a spark of who never should have lived in the first place. Since Freyd brought her here that one day, she has been coming here every night before bed. It was sorta an ease, a release to what she was feeling about everything that has happened and what needed to happen eventually. 

Freyja hears foot fall coming from the opposite side of the stone, but something seemed off. It was more of dragging footsteps against the gravel. Raising a brow as she stays right where she was, Freyja make not a sound. Right then a voice, unknown to her. Those words sounded of one that was going through some shit, those last words though caught her attention. Pushing off and stepping around the corner to see a figure that held something against his wrist. His eyes were wet and right then she knew what was intended of the action that was about ready to take place. Quickly closing the distance to this man she grabs the now know pebble and throws it behind her, pulling this unknown man into her arms. He could have been a mass murderer, but they don't have any thought, but kill from what she had seen. This mans icon was also green, so there was that. It seemed as though he was trying to fight Freyja but couldn't... The man gives in and hangs limp in Freyja's arms, crying, constant water works.

This continues for some time, a few hours maybe. Freyja was not going to leave this person alone, unknown what his state of mind was at. She remembered when she felt this hopeless, most likely not in the same regards to what this man was feeling. She had friends and a certain someone on both ends to help her through those rough times. Him being here now, not ever seeing him here before now, in this state, sorta makes Freyja wonder who it was for this man that is no longer amongst the living. To see him this badly hurt, they must of been very important to him. 

Freyja just sits there in her own mind, a hand placed on the back of his head and the other on his upper back. The man did not fight, but he also didn't seem to agree with it either. The crying continued, as she could see a small amount of orange on the horizon. Gaius was going to be so mad...

Eventually the crying stopped, but she had a feeling that it was not by choice. That maybe he had no more tears to produce. Slowly, Freyja lets him go and eyes him for a reaction. He just sits there with a blank stare. "What is your name," Freya says softly. He really did look like he just crawled our of a crypt or something and that smell he was giving off was not easy on her senses.

Spoiler

Freya,
Level: 31
Paragon Level: 50
HP: 820/820
EN: 120/120

Stats:
Damage: 23
Mitigation: 20
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 4
Battle Healing: 45
Loot Dice: 6
AA
BLD: 48
PHASE
REC: 4
V.O.: 90

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Final Calamity - Remorse (T4/Demonic/2HBA): Absolute Accuracy, Vampiric Offensive 1, Bleed 1, Phase
Armor: Dark Embrace - Sacrifice (T4/Perfect/Light Armor): Evasion 2, Recovery 1
Misc: Ebon Band - Truth (Tierless/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 3

Skills:
Axe R5
Cloth Armor R5
Charge
Energist
Searching R5
Battle Healing R5

Active Mods:
Athletics
Tracking
Night Vision

Addons:
Nimble
Stamina
Precision
Ferocity

Active Extra Skills:
Concentration
Survival

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal x1
Crystal of Divine Light [201986b] x1

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Edited by Freya

A question, one he did not wish to answer. He had not a clue who this person was, for all he knew she could be a mass murderer hiding her appearance... He thought this about everyone though. That boy from that one night was a dirty scum. Trust already didn't come easy for him and this damn game would prove that he couldn't do just that, trust anyone. The one person, the only person was now gone in the wind. "It does not matter," Kodo says in a small voice. 

In the back of his head

Of course it does dear brother...

Kodo just looks back to the carved stone. The name on that wall, he just stares at it saying nothing. 

You cannot keep on like this, it is simply not healthy... 

Holding his head with both hands, "SHUT UP," he wanted it to stop. His sister was no longer of the living. This voice could not possibly be normal or even real...

You do not know that, stop acting crazy. 

'You are not real, you are not real, you are not real..." Kodo shuts his eyes tight and repeats this over and over. Hands wrapped around his head, he actually forgot that there was another person here with him.

Freyja simple frowns, Kaylee, a blade, he simple spoke as if she was gone. Not just in the real word without him, but actually gone. This burns her heart to know, to think about, but it was the life here in Aincrad. People die, sometimes without any reason at all. She started to think about what Raidou was doing, that whole situation with the Laughing Coffin Guild. Their leader, she knew that Raidou was not the bad guy. She knew that if he would have known sooner that she was in that cave with those monsters, she would have been out of that situation sooner. It was what Raidou did, the problem seemed to just vanish into thin air the moment it was known of. 

This man was not crazy, she couldn't even think about the word without thinking about herself first. This man simply went through something that was heart shattering and couldn't handle it. The talking to himself made her wonder a bit, but she wouldn't deem him crazy. She had no right to do so...

For some reason, she had a feeling that those words were not directed toward her. How could they, she barely said a word. He said it did not matter when she asked his name, but it did. He was not acting like any NPC that she had seen before, so this made her think that this man was indeed a player of this death game. Grabbing his hands softly and pulling them from his head slowly. Again, she could feel him try to pull away, but he didn't seem to have the strength to do so. She would use that for only this one time, she needed him to calm down. "It does matter, you matter." The man would open his eyes slowly and meet Freyja's green eyes. Those words he was repeating stop dead, in that instant as he just watches, stares at her. A mixture of emotion could be shown in his eyes, it was plastered all over his face as well.

It has been a little over a week since they got back through that wormhole of Freyd's. It was Morrighan's sanctuary, the world that never was. It was a very interesting experience to say the least, but after that long conversation, it made Freyja want to do better. In a way, Morrighan made her feel safe. Not entirely sure why or how, but she did. That variable was very risky yes, but she rather blindly believe in fate, then think about the alternatives. It was a cruel world and she was done walking through the dark. It was not working for her. She would not change who she was but something had to change. Doing the same thing and expecting a different result, it failed her every time. Something had to give...

Gazing into those eyes, they were dark green with fracture of golden yellow across each pupal. Something she had never seen before, that and the pure green hair, it was naturally given the games mechanics. It was unique to see someone like this when they came around. She keeps her eyes locked, she would not falter, not now. She needed him to know that he could trust her, even if it was just a little so that she could help him.

Edited by Freya

His eyes looking back into these girls green eyes. His turn into a squint almost glare as he keeps them locked. Why does she care... What makes her so different from those selfish players? 

She has not pulled anything out to threaten your life...

Without looking away from this girl, he tries to respond in his head to whomever this may be, if anyone at all... -Who are you-

A response, -Kaylee, your twin-

-No she is dead, she is gone...- Right then more tears start to fill his eyes. Could it really be her? -Tell me something only she knows-

There was a slight pause, -When we were 10, you got beat to near death just because of the way we looked. You stood up for me and I promised that I would start doing the same for you. It was why I stood between you and that player.-

This was most definitely something that no one else had known. There were no witnesses to that day his sister had died, there no to come to their rescue, just them and this player. Kodo starting to wonder if this man was still around.

-Stop being stubborn. Talk to her, live for me Kodo...- 

Still, those eyes were locked with this female that was still holding his wrists. A small sigh as he pulls once more to try to get out of her grasp, Freyja lets go. Glancing back to that wall, that name as he gives a sigh. "Kodo," saying softly as his cheeks were dry from the water works, the remaining drops. He had none left to produce. 

A small sigh of relief. "It's a start. I am Freyja." She was not going to pry into what was going on with him or who Kaylee was. It was none of her business. Freyja's main concern was that she didn't see another death from an innocent player. Especially one that was self conflicted. Was also not going to watch someone drown their sorrows like she had, like Eruda did, this was all in the past. "Let me bring you to a safe place. You can catch a shower and I will make you some food." She watches Kodo smell himself and squint his nose up. With a simple slow nod, they both get up from where they sat. Kodo, however, starts to lose his balance from the notion, Freya catches him. Wrapping his arm around her shoulders, holding him up, they start to walk to the one place that Freya knew he would be safe. His weight was mainly of her, but she didn't mind. It really felt like this man was extremely fatigued, couldn't stand on his own two feet without a struggle. 

They eventually get to the town of beginnings and head straight to the teleport pad. Traveling to the guild hall now, opening the door, hoping that there was not too many people at the brisk of the morning. Sitting him down on one of the chairs, she says "Wait here, food is being made." Walking to the kitchen as she starts to prepare something simple for the man. Then she would make him get in the shower, he smelt really bad.

In between, small waits for the food she would send a message to Gaius...

To: Gaius

Had something to deal with last minute. I am in the guild hall now with a new face. Making food here if you want something... Please bring some extra clothing, all of it... I will explain when you get here...

After a few minutes the food was ready, setting a dish for the man. He ate and Freya shows him the shower. Letting him do his thing, the door shuts and the water could be heard on the other side. A sigh of relief once more as she takes the plate and starts to brew some good coffee for whomever would walk through those doors. 

Moves to floor 22

Edited by Freya

The scent of fresh coffee proved irresistible to Freyd, who'd fallen asleep at his desk after their long haul to Tir Na Nog and the crazy stakeout that Freya had them pull for Sam in the lead-up to those events.  It probably hadn't helped that he'd pulled several too-long patrols on some of the mid-level floors in advance of that.  A sigh followed his stretch, nearly knocking over the small bowl of ether he'd set out for Persi, lest she decide to pull a clandestine raid on the pantry, or worse - Raidou's alchemical supply cupboards.  Shadow mongooses don't tend to go for the more traditional fare, as he'd long ago learned.  

"Freya?  How are you awake?  Shouldn't you be with Gaius?  That whole mess with Morrighan must have rattled his cage a bit."  He moved forward and helped himself to a cup, adding a few drops of vanilla syrup from a small flagon that materialized out of nowhere.  He'd checked with her silently first, of course.  Such exchanges had become so commonplace between them that words were now redundant.  It's also how he clued into the concern in her expression.  A clink of ceramic against the polished wood table surface marked his recognition and signaled how seriously he took it.

"What's going on?"

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadow
Level: 32
Paragon Level: 102
HP: 1080/1080
EN: 142/142

Stats:
Damage: 24
Mitigation: 78
Accuracy: 5
Battle Healing: 59
Loot Dice: 5
FLN: 16
HLY: 16
PARA IMMUNE
REC: 8

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Samael's Pride (T4 MA | HLY 2 | FLN 2)
Armor: Fallen Angel Garb (T4 LA | Mit 2 | Rec 2)
Misc: The Shadowed Rose (T3 Trinket - ACC 3 | Para.Imm)

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Martial Arts R5
Battle Healing R5
Light Armor R5
Searching R4
Charge
Energist
Quick Change
Extended Mod Limit

Active Mods:
Night Vision
Tracking
Meticulous
Untraceable

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Ferocity
Precision
Resolve
Reveal
Stamina

Active Extra Skills:
Disguise
Survival
Forgotten King’s Authority
Hiding R5

Inactive Extra Skills:
Meditation
Brawler
Photosynthesize

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals x7
Mass HP Rec [Inst] (+30*T HP) x7
Mass HP Rec [Inst] (+30*T HP) x7
Crystal of Divine Light (Reusable) x1
Rhino's Horn (Reusable) x1
Hmr.Pk: The Thing Behind All Lies (T4 Demonic WH, AA, Blight, Static, Para.Ven (Off)) x1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:

Gesturing Montjoy to cup, pouring his own as she leans against the counter's edge, sipping her own. "I couldn't last night, I..." started to say as a yawn escapes her mouth. Covering her mouth with a small chuckle,"Sorry," saying before she continues. "Since that one day that you took me to the Monument, I have made a habit of going there every few nights. I missed that deadline from the Morrighan thing." Her eyes drift to the shower that was still on in the other room. "I found someone there, Kodo, but he mentioned someone named Kaylee when he thought no one was there." Remembering last night, she felt bad for the guy. "Had he not tried to off himself right in front of me, we wouldn't be here. He spent all night right there crying, and I couldn't just leave him. It took some convincing, but we are here now." 

Right then Gaius walks through the doors with a full set of clothing. Freya gives a half smile before walking to his side. A few words between the two as she takes the clothing, giving him a quick kiss before he walks back out. Walking back to Montjoy placing the clothing on the counter and grabbing her cup, taking another sip. "The guy smelt like he hadn't showered for over a month, but he was also really weak. I am talking like he couldn't walk on his own hardly. Makes me think that he hadn't eaten for a while. He was also talking to himself too, like full on conversation in his head and out. So I brought him here hoping to make him feel okay enough to speak. Oddly enough, it sounded right up our ally with the whole strange, weird stuff we like looking into..."

Her eyes narrowed a bit thinking about exactly what happened in the World That Never Was. "Freyd, I mean..." she shakes her head with the correction, "Montjoy," she wasn't sure why this was so hard. Her tired eyes look up to the man, "Are we still... You know..." her eyes narrow again. She felt stupid that she wasn't understanding the whole switch thing. Taking a deep breath to calm herself, taking another sip of that coffee. "Are we still friends..." who only knew what his conscience thought about her. Maybe he felt differently then Freyd did, either way she didn't want to lose what they had, it was too important to her, as was Gaius. That water was still going in the bathroom...    

He smiled back at her with that sort of smile a friend gives you when you know you're being silly, but you're feeling self-conscious and that's okay because it's what friends are for.

"Yes, Freyja.  We are still friends, and I am still Freyd."

He sighed and rubbed his eyes, in the same manner Raidou did when he removed his glasses.  Freyd never wore any in this world, though he did in the other.  Some habits were just too hard to break.

"You and I have seen a lot of weird shit together.  We've lived through a lot of it.  What you saw and heard in there was the little voice that each of us has in the back of our heads.  Mine just has a strange habit of breaking the fourth wall of my head, from time to time."  Shrugging, he seemed to be at a loss for how best to explain it.  "Imagine if everyone else got to actually see and hear your imaginary friend, as a child.  That's basically what just happened, except that it's also helped me to re-evaluate some things and choose to make some changes.  Some would say: come to my senses."

He stared at the ceiling and then over to where the boy had gone.

"You did the right thing.  I just hope that we can help.  After this many years, the damage done to those like him can run very deep."

midorima_sunglasses.jpg.361a5b89a2f2224e9ea3c3dce15a03ec.jpgShutting the shower off, it was a small relief to feel clean again. Grabbing a towel from just outside, he looks down to those clothes that he was wearing. He shakes his head and wraps the cloth around his waist. Glancing to the door, he was wondering if that girl was still out there, reaching for door handle but stops hearing another voice, a man.

Do not be afraid, I taught you better than that...

That same voice in his head, one that claimed to be his sister. A sigh as he twists the handle and opens that door. This was all sort of weird for him. He didn't know what to believe now. Hi sister died in his arms, but somehow he is hearing her voice. After those 3 years he was just sitting there, nothing. Why now, why did this voice in his head chose now to show up. Walking slowly out through the hall holding the towel up, the blond's eyes shift to meet his. Rushing to his side with a full set of clothing folded into a neat little pile. Taking them and saying nothing, he walks back into the bathroom. He would feel better if he was not so vulnerable before he were to speak to any of them. Closing the door and placing his back against the wall. 

Just hear what they have to say, you are not alone Kodo...

Taking a deep breath saying "Fine," in a whisper as he starts getting dressed. After a few minutes he walks back out and sits on one of the chairs. His eyes shift to the man in the room, but he speaks, "Could I get some more food please..." It was clear that he was talking to Freya but his eyes never left the man's.

Edited by Kodo

A smile was given, "Yea, we have. I am glad that those times won't be lost." They have almost literally been to hell and back, came up breathing another breath. Glancing to the door as it creeks open, Kodo walks around the corner with a blank face. The clothes fit, great, she was hoping that they did. Those glasses though, where did he get those... The man was staring daggers at her friend as he asked for more food. "Oh, uh, yea of course. Give me a few minutes if you would." A smirk to Montjoy, "It seems to me like you have an admirer. If there is a problem with this man, we will figure it out." This was said in a whisper as she passes by Kodo to the rest room with a garbage bag. Those other rags were going straight to the fire. 

Freya sets that bag aside for now before walking to the kitchen to prepare some honey rolls. "Do you want some coffee too?" Freyja calls from the kitchen and an instant response, "No thank you, water will be just fine." He was just sitting there watching Montjoy from a distance saying nothing. 

Freyd simply stared back.  If the man wanted to play chicken, he'd picked the wrong adversary.  Freyd had once outlasted the glue on a wall poster in high school, glaring at the thing out of sheer boredom as his teacher drone on endlessly about something or other.  It might have been chemistry.  The poster had smiling people on it who looked like they were peddling something concealed in the pockets of their crisp, white lab coats.  There was nothing aggressive about Freyd's manner.  His sipped at his steaming drink and stretched, lounging casually in his seat while waiting for the other man made a move.  It also gave him a chance to gauge the man's state of mind, watching and learning about how he reacted to the silence.  Freya played the part of the wild card in this odd little dance, moving back and forth across the room and doing all of the talking.

For Kodo's benefit, Freyd looked amused by her behaviour. She was like a child caring for a lost puppy she'd found on a street corner and brought home.  Freyd, meanwhile, was the old Doberman who'd long since been charged with looking after the place, and challenged the newbie to prove himself before he's be permitted to go urinate in the yard.

Eyes never left those mans, soon he would find them staring back. He brought this on himself, as Freya spoke, but it couldn't be heard. He had drowned out all noise, voice and clanking pans alike. His breathing was calmer that before, it was something to focus on. As odd as it may of seemed, it might of been what he needed, although he really didn't know what he really needed right now. He didn't know how long he was sitting on that ground, how long his sister had been gone. How long he hadn't eaten and why he felt like he was starving. So many questions that seemed relevant but pointless at the same time. His head was craving for those answers, it had been some time that he had thought about anything besides that day. This little staring contest that was being had was refreshing, a break from all those randomized thought, a break from his sister's voice that he was still oh so confused how that was happening. His eyes just sit there staring as he leans on one a hand with his elbow on the table for support. 

"Okay guys I made..." walking into the room as she saw the boys staring daggers at on another. "What in gods name are you doing," she sets those full plates on the table. She had even made one for Freyd too, since he had bed head and looked like he just woke when they arrived. "I swear sometime I feel like I'm working with 5 year olds." Freya walks to Freyd and grabs him by the ear and forces him to sit at the table next to Kodo. "Sometimes man, sometimes." Freya walks into the kitchen to grab drinks and that pot of coffee. Setting it on the cup and pot between the 2 she just shakes her head and sits next to Freyd. "Kodo this is Freydo, I mean Freyd..." A glance to Freyd with a half smile. "Sorry, old habits die hard." A glance back to Kodo. "What is the last thing that you remember," she really didn't want to ask why he smelt so horrible earlier. She was gonna hold her tongue on that one. It was rude and she didn't want those first impressions to go out the window. She started to eat while she waited, the full plate of eggs, bacon, sausage, toast. The whole nine yards, she was starving too... A plate of honey rolls, lay on beside them as well.

Freyd grinned to wide as Freya tugged him around that he couldn't keep from laughing.  

"Hey!  They're attached, okay!"

Flopping clumsily into his assigned chair, he pulled the plate closer and took in the aroma for only a half-second before diving in.

"Did she lead you here the same way," he added for Kodo's benefit.  "Those are really good, by the way." A thumb jabbed towards the sausages on both their plates.  "But don't tell her I said so, or we'll have to pay double for every portion from now on.  She can be prickly about these things."

Grabbing a roll mere moments after Freya pointed them out, Freyd stuffed the entire thing into his gob.

"Sowwy.  I wuv deez thwings!"

A gulp and contented sigh followed.

"You might want to let the guy fill his belly before you call in the inquisition, Freya.  This is also really good.  Thanks."

The plate practically emptied itself, until Freyd suddenly reclined and breathed a sigh of relief and checked to see how the new guy was doing.

Freyd would looks to the mans dish, that was completely gone. He couldn't actually remember if he chewed or not. Watching these two bicker back and forth happily, he hears in his head,

Now who does that remind you of, dear brother...

His eyes would narrow just a bit, but if you looked carefully, you could see a hint of a smile against his lips. "Not at all, she was very kind, I would gladly pay double for the hospitality that she has given me." Glancing down to his plate and to Freya's, then to Freyd's, his stomach growls again. "Make that triple if I could get some more of this delicious food." A hint of bargaining would be heard in his voice. Kodo would see a brow rise upon Freya's face before sliding her meal to him. It had barely been touched. "Oh, no, I couldn't. This is yours, what will you eat." He would watch Freya get up from her chair as she stuffs a honey roll in her mouth and begins to tie her hair up. Right then the man knew that she wasn't going to take it back so he starts to get into his inventory for col. 

This was an odd group of people, but somehow comforting. It reminded him of the days with his sister. He didn't want to alert them with something so damaging and weird, did not want them to think he was crazy. Small talk really wasn't his thing, but if it really was his sister in his head, then he wanted to make her proud. As he dug through his inventory for the payment he felt he owed, "So are you guys a couple." Kodo sets 1000 col on the table before beginning to eat again.

Looking to Freyd, she was trying so hard not to laugh. "Nothing like that. Friends for life," this she says with a smile. Eyes shifting to the col that was placed, "Oh, uh, don't worry about it. I have plenty, plus this was purely out of kindness." She would see Kodo look up. Swallowing the food he had in his mouth, "I insist, I will not allow you give me something unless I am able to return favor." He spoke this with a seriousness that she recognized all too well. It was weird that this man was broken into pieces just last night but now... It was night and day different. Something told her that this would be an ongoing argument if something was not taken. "Okay then Kodo, I will take 100 col. Consider this your payment for everything I have done." Taking that 100 col with a sincere glance to him, putting it in her stash, she would have not asked for a single thing, but it was he that needed that. 

"Don't worry about the meal, I am going to be making something similar for my fiance when I am done here. I will make myself something then." That word... It was weird to think about, but at the same time it brought her so much joy. Her chest was beating faster just thinking about it. She had to get back to him, it had been a huge week and she needed to be there for Gaius. "Okay, Kodo. With that food you are consuming, you need rest. There is a room just upstairs to the left, there is a bed for you there." Glancing to Freyd now, "And you, you are going to stay here and make sure he sleeps. You know how I get when I don't get my beauty sleep and that will not end well for either of you." A smirk to Freyd before continuing, "If I return and you are not here, and you are not asleep, neither of you will like the results." 

She refills Freyd's coffee before heading out to get Gaius and the minions fed before heading back to bed.

"I know what you can be like, even when you do have your beauty sleep," Freyd countered, chuckling under his breath and expecting to be hit by some form of food from across the table.  He'd take a shot at catching it in his mouth if it came to that.  Freya's cooking had improved enough to totally make it worthwhile, and her generosity deserved thanks.  Today, that would be delivered in the form of playful banter, reinforced the moment she had finished her scowl and left the room.

"Totally a couple," Freyd replied to Kodo, deadpan, the moment she was gone.  "But she's not ready to hear it yet, and her fiancée will likely murder you if you utter a word a bout it, so... yanno... I wouldn't."  A shrug and exaggerated large eyes paired with outstretched arms to complete the most dramatic shrug he could manage.

"You've got coin, so you're not some street urchin, and your word means something to you, which means you still have some semblance of pride.  What leaves someone with those things floundering by the monument? Waiting for Freya's rescue, I wonder?  Or was that just happenstance?"

Coffee slurped loudly, as an arched brow and sideways glance questioned the man's story.  It was Freyd's job to be cautious.  He'd speak to Freya about bringing a complete stranger into their midst without any advanced notice.  Firm Anima was making enemies just by virtue of its size and strength.  The more they fielded warriors to the front lines, the bigger the target on their backs would grow.  So, what was this man: friend or foe?

Watching the blond leave with that threatening phrase. Did this woman really expect him to stay. He still couldn't tell if that whole couple thing was a joke or not. The moment the blond was out of earshot, the questions started pouring in.

His face didn't change, it was calm, no emotion could be seen. That plate was empty, the exchange was made. "It's interesting, you ask all the questions, but they all hold the same lingering resemblance." Kodo would start gathering that col back up and place it in his satchel. Taking a sip of that water, his eyes still felt heavy. They would probably be burning if they could. 

Curious still, "Why would anyone go to the monument, I can think of 2 reasons. To mourn one that was lost to them, or to count who they've killed. For me it is the first." Some seriousness in his voice, he would not mention who, simply because he didn't want to be a burden to whom ever these people were. It was clear that Freya had been worried, but it was not her problem to try fixing. Getting up from his chair now, collecting that dish, "I did not know that your blond friend was there, she heard some things and saw another that made her worried. I am sorry for troubling her and you. It was never my intention." Walking to that through that door frame that he saw the girl come in and out from, he sets the glass tapestry inside water. Bare feet hit the metallic floor, he would need to get some shoes from somewhere. That girl most likely threw out everything that he was wearing, he did not blame her.

The less they knew the better, he was trying to get back on his feet, he had to learn to live without his sister now and he didn't need anyone else seeing that part. If he brought back that day, it wouldn't help the cause in any way... "I will get that rest that she feels I need and will be gone before Freya returns." A brow raises to Freyd, "Unless for some reason you hold me hostage, I am sure that you have other things to worry about today."

Kodo would begin to walk up those stares, anyone paying enough attention would see that fatigue in his steps. The man turned toward Freyd for an answer before going all the way up. Kodo could tell that this man was perceptive, just by the comments made, what else was held behind those curtains.