[PP-F03] The Quest of Bull Men (Search for the Hoya)

Nari couldn’t get past the point that this girl – whom had just obliterated a minotaur with one swing, was asking her for help with…learning? She shook her head as she tried to imagine being able to teach her anything at all. It was clear the girl possessed a strength in her capabilities – and likely didn’t need her to actually teach anything.

‘Maybe she’s just being nice? Trying to boost my confidence? I…I shouldn’t turn her down, what if she’s being serious?’ Nari was silent for a few moments while she tried to figure out what to say. Her mouth opened and closed a couple of times before she finally managed to speak aloud.

“I…guess I could show you something…I mean, I’m only – well, I’m no advanced player…but…I do know some tricks.” She felt the warmth in her cheeks again as her words stumbled out. “But – don’t you like using two hands more?”

She waved the tip of her sword, gesturing to it before continuing. “The one handed sword, and the shield do offer a decent amount of protective capabilities, but…it does definitely limit one’s ability to strike out as hard…you have to focus more on defence, than anything else…If – if you’re looking for someone to do that…I guess I could…I mean that’s if you wanted me to stick around!”

Spoiler

Word Count: 219

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The much longer strides matched with more abrupt scampering of heels, speaking out with a soft-spoken tongue. "A good stance to have, it's hard to know who to trust in Aincrad." Brushing a hand along the wall, and making an almost practiced turn around an immediate left. "The NPC you were looking for tends to wander, and although normally we should have encountered him first, I believe the Minos heard us." Finding a clearing of more ripe grass, and kneeling low. Raidou inspects the turf as if he held some expectation.

"We are not alone."

Raking the grass with his hand, this was where the other taur should have spawned. Which meant there was already another party within this labyrinth. Given that it was gone, he could only assume they'd won. A ping rings out, revealing another pair wandering the halls. Two vibrant blue dots sliding down a muddied and fuzzy minimap. The question was, were they friendly? There was a sudden tension, as his senses perked to a point. He'd drug the girl into this mess, and he'd see her through.

Xena simply nodded taking what he said as fact, she didn't know anything about this quest o be honest. Her eyes drifted around the area as she placed a single finger against a wall, the metal on stone sound it made was somewhat loud but, she felt it would help them leave when they were ready. As the two walked into a opening which as he stated was where the other minotaur would spawn. "Well thats not frightening at all..." She muttered softly to herself, she stood close behind Raidou seeming to feel safe in his presence, though she did of course give personal space. "That should mean the quest would be done by now though shouldn't it?" She asked having not actually been in this situation before, today was a day of firsts, none of which she liked. She tried to listen out for any sounds being made in the distance but at the end of the day she couldn't hear anything. Pulling her hood over her head she simply hid in it, she wasn't exactly feeling very safe anymore despite her proximity to Raidou. He could only do so much, especially if the other two are high level and plan to bring harm to the two.

Astreya blinked as she was asked if she liked using the two-handed weapons more.  "Uhm, I like, just kinda fell into it, honestly," the woman responded with an embarrassed smile.  "Like, when I first started... well, okay, like when I first actually started," she clarified, as it wasn't exactly when the game started that Astreya had done anything for a very long time.  "But anyway, when I actually got started, I was asking around at like... what some of the higher level players did to start.  Before, like, the most recent update, two-handed weapons did a lot more damage, and there wasn't much benefit to doing the one-handed thing."

Astreya shrugged slightly, clearly not really knowing the intricacies of what she was talking about.  "But it looks like now the weapons kinda all got... the same?  So I was planning on really getting into, like, doing a sword and shield style, so that way I can help defend people better.  So if you've got, like, any advice, I'm all ears," the girl offered, bouncing slightly in her own excitement.  

But as Nari also offered to stick around to help be that shield, Astreya couldn't help but to beam a smile at her.  "Of course I do!  Hey, we're friends.  Let's make it official!" she called, opening up her friends list.  "If that's cool, I mean.  I don't wanna, like, intrude," the girl added, genuinely not wanting to cause any offense if she didn't want to share friend information with the other.  They seemed like they were getting along well, but... she didn't want to do something that might push the other girl away.

Nari’s hand snapped up to smash the accept button the moment the screen appeared before her. She realised the motion as it happened, and felt herself cough in an attempt to…hide it?...she wasn’t quite sure. Knowing there was no way it wasn’t noticed, Nari decided to simply try and turn the focus another way – by continuing the conversation.

“I’d love to make it official – and, if you want…I can definitely take the role of shielding you- I mean acting as your shield. Acting as your shield for the party.This was going great. Just great. Couldn’t be better, in any way, shape or form. She felt herself dying inside as the words continued out of her mouth. “That is – assuming you want me around.”

She cursed herself as the final sentence hit the air, knowing that she had just shot herself in the foot. Or rather, stabbed herself in the foot. Regardless, her foot her.

Spoiler

Word Count: 155

He'd keep an eye on the held fast hood, and holding close as multiple triggers of detection rang out. It kept tabs on the second pairing, and equally the nomad on edge. "It should be yes, but perhaps this other pair had simply started first." An array of hasted steps, that start to become more volatile. Small trails of red like sheer being left behind each and every footfall, anticipation. Not too far now. The thought rings behind his eyes, bouncing around as he reaches for the handle of the other blade carried on his back. Leaning low, a tightness wrapped around his chest.

He was ready for what he might have to do.

"Stay close, and whatever happens. Do not try and help me." he murmurs and through the side of a pair of glasses one can catch the slightest glare of red light. A flutter of a red cloak, his feet twisting out beneath him and perching with a slide. Sights met and suddenly...

"Astreya?"

As if all the tension got sucked out of the room as if through a straw, there was an epiphany that these probably would be fine. Excluding the possibility of potential hearing loss.

? Xena effectively ran to follow the man, he was extremely fast and with how short she was, maybe she should develop a claw fighting style based on all fours movement, it would lead her faster results. He clearly had detection skills going off left and right, she wasn't sure if she was being tracked by them too which would only serve to annoy him, he knew she was here obviously. As she ran her hood blew down much to her annoyance, her tail followed behind her somewhat curled instead of straight. "As mean as it may be to say it I kinda didn't plan too... I wouldn't be anything more then a hinderece at my level..."  Running running and more running she felt the two had traveled through out the entire Maze. It was only until now that she noticed to people far infront of him, but before she could comment Raidou seemed to be able to notice first. "Do, do you know them?" Xena simply asked quietly staying close behind him, her tiger ears stood on end, as if she didn't already obviously hate this situation in its entirety, the presense of two more players that could likely on shot her didn't give her any comfort. She was frankly too out of her comfort zone to do much other then stand almost directly behind raidou, perhaps he'd cover her from view by the other two. She wasn't sure but it was the best idea she could have.

Edited by Xena

Astreya beamed a happy smile at Nari at the girl's almost immediate agreement to make their friendship official by adding the girl to one another's Friend's List.  It was a nice thing, and Astreya couldn't be happier to see her friend's list starting to grow as quickly as it was.  Soon she'd have a whole ton of people on here!  "Yeah!  Oooh, when I get a shield too, then we can both shield stuff!  Shield-friends!" she cheered as she glanced back at the friends list, smiling as she saw Nari on there as well, now.

However, she blinked slightly as she realized that there was another name showing as in the same area as them.  She paused, arching a brow.  "Like, why is Raidou here?" she asked aloud, not really sure what that could portend.  

A brief memory of the man, their quiet teatime on the 19th floor at their first meeting, when Astreya had first decided what she wanted to do in defending the meek flashed through her mind.  The two had met occasionally since then, here and there, but it had been awhile, and Astreya had significantly increased her character's level since then... and had actually reached the cap.  Whether or not she was ready for the Front Lines yet remained to be seen, but all the same, the memory of the crimson fellow made her wonder.

The memory was still fresh in her mind, so much so that she could have sworn that she heard him speaking her name.  The words following, from another voice, however, caused her to break out of her slight reverie as she closed her Friend List, turning to look toward the origin of the voice. "Raidou?  Like, what in the heck are you doing here?" she asked, grinning slightly, before she saw the girl with him, gasping slightly.  "Are those cat ears?  That's so cute!"

Nari smiled in response to the girl’s enthusiasm at their sudden confirmation of friendship. She knew it likely didn’t mean as much to Astreya as it did to Nari herself – but, well, life is funny like that sometimes.

She had just perked up at hearing the name Raidou – it was so familiar, and yet Nari couldn’t think of where she had heard it before – when two newcomers had turned the corner in front of them. Her moment of panic was quelled when she suddenly recognised the red cloak, everything else around her going distant.

Stepping forward, she bowed slightly at the man in the cloak, whom she would forever fondly remember. “It is good to see you again, Gardener. It has been far too long.”

Straightening herself, she’ll gesture a hand at the area around them, a soft smile coming to her lips as she does so. “I’ve learnt much since our last encounter, and I think you would be most appreciative of the path that I have taken thus far. Your words of guidance have…swayed my path forward.”

Nari will blink suddenly, realising that another stands behind the Gardener. She’ll scan her eyes over the girl – for she was clearly just that, albeit covered in…decorative features. Her eyes came to rest on the cat ears atop her head, and a less than impressed expression appeared on Nari’s face.

“Why do you wear such things which distract from your natural beauty?” The words were out of Nari’s mouth before she could consider them – and the moment she did so she felt herself redden slightly, adding quickly, “I meant only – that…well, that they take away one’s desire – I mean one’s ability – to…to focus on your natural…features…”

She let the words die off as she realised she was digging herself deeper into a hole. So much for first impressions…

Spoiler

Word Count: 307

A slight murmur as he releases the weapon behind his shoulder, leaving it inside its sheathe. "I do." as he reaches to his glasses and shoves them up, having done their best to work their way down his nose. "Level is only a number, it is how you use what you have. I believe you are more capable than you realize." He glances back to Xena and that aura of tension was all but gone, as it had fallen with the absence of danger. A few somber steps into the clearing, the pair had found themselves in, keeping a watchful eye on and out for Xena. Gesturing out a hand, more of lifting his sleeve to find the girl slinking behind him for concealment. "This is...uh?" Blank, he couldn't really give them any introduction. "I don't really know, I found her trying to take on the Minos."

"Nari." a bit of a pleasant twist to his tone, with a subtle nod followed by the immediate uncomfortable bow forward from her. He was hardly worth that kind of gesture, nor was any other. "Astreya, it seems you both have been fairing well." Unsure how to process what strides either of them had taken, knowing both sought their own individual passages. Stranger still that those paths had found themselves interwoven, but it wasn't that outlandish. He'd traversed with numerous faces, more than two hands worth of fingers to count on.

With that strangeness came more, that the personalities between them both seemed almost countered. Yet he'd not argue that either, as it seemed to match the typical nature of Aincrad. "Natural features?" The words got caught in his head, reflected in his own words. Do they mean her hair? He'd not admit, as he turned and looked down at a floof of orange hair that for the better part of the last hour or so, he wanted to touch those ears.

Staying a decent distance from everyone for her own safety Xena scratched her head quietly as the group talked, she didnt typically enjoy being called cute, she was very certain almost no one did, she glared at nari for their commentd as the ears twitched slightly on her head causing her too scratch them pulling a small black book out of her cloak, she decided to mind her own business and not eavesdrop on the trios conversation, they seemed to be friends after all. Standing at least 7rl feet from the group she had wrote a few things quickly into the book with a quill before it snapped shut and vanished it was only now she noticed Raidou staring at her. "Is something wrong?..." She asked tilting her head a tiny bit with mild Concern, he hadn't looked at her for basically this entire quest, why was he staring at her now. She had a uneasy feeling and it made her want to run. But this area was extremely dangerous for her level and she didn't know if the minotaur respawned, so she'd have to ride whatever was going on out. Xena slowly shyed away even more from the group however, she felt like they were staring daggers into her despite only Raidou looking at her to her knowledge. Leaning against a wall of the labyrinth she didn't really know what else to do. Her arms held eachother the clawed fingers of the gauntlets digging slightly into the cloth shirt she wore, the cloak draped over them, there was no wind here, it echoed like crazy and it put Xena in a extremely stressed mood, she was used to the more wild area's of this world, if this was how she faired outside of them how the hell would she deal with a dungeon she wondered to herself. Assuming she even lived long enough to fight in a dungeon, so far she's been carried through this one, which she was grateful for, and she would probably like to thank raidou if she wasn't socially awkward as hell amongst strangers.

Edited by Xena

Nari tilted her head, glancing between the Gardener and the…’Is she supposed to be a cat, or a tiger? It’s certainly an aesthetic of some sort…’ Shrugging mentally, Nari spoke aloud to the girl in the cat ears.

“I believe the Gardener and Ir-Astreya are confused, and intrigued by the accessories you’ve determined to apparel yourself with. It’s certainly eye catching, if that is what you were going for. Although, I would also say it states a lot about your own personality – not in a…negative way, but…well…you know. It…it makes you stand out…”

Nari’s words dropped off towards the end as she realised that she might be being a tad bit insensitive – although, she hadn’t meant to be. She’d only meant to say the truth. But some people didn’t enjoy the truth, at least in her experience. Which…she had to admit wasn’t much.

The tips of her ears reddening beneath her hair, she glanced towards Astreya, hoping the woman would somehow save her from this stumble – the girl always had the right thing to say…and now, would be the perfect time. In the corner of her eye she could still see the Gardener eyeing the ears, as if somehow transfixed by them – something that Nari found oddly…entertaining.

Spoiler

Word Count: 207

"Yeah, totally!" the girl cheered in response to Raidou's words.  It was a far cry from the serious, borderline deep conversation that the young woman had with Raidou previously, and honestly, it was a very different set from likely the last time they'd run into one another from an inconsequential meeting.  Astreya had taken some strides forward of her own, moving forward into a different sort of countenance, one that belied the woman that was beneath.  She was curious if the man who knew her would know, or care, but all the same, it was a strange situation for her to be in.

Someone who'd seen her before she had decided who she would be, and one who'd only known her afterward.  And the catgirl, of course.

Of course, the young woman's gaze flickered over to the catgirl, (which is what she would need to call the girl until a name was learned,) noting that she seemed...annoyed, at the moment.  The light blue gaze moved over the short young woman, taking in each and ever detail in an instant as the motions were catalogued, organized and inspected.  She'd quieted as soon as her and Nari had approached and had decided to stay far away, and there had been a very real show of annoyance on the girl's face at the word 'cute' which Astreya sought to avoid then using in the future, but she was also quite just...distant from the others, too.  She didn't particularly know Raidou well, as the reverse was true as well.  He didn't know her name... and so all of things gave Astreya a sort of picture of the young woman that she'd address, but for the moment, she turned to the glasses-wearing individual.

"I think I've like, reached the point that I was looking for.  We talked about like...tanking and all that on the front lines, yeah?  Like, I'll probably still do that," she admitted, gesturing with her free hand.  "But I was telling Nari earl-" she began, pausing, her entire line of thought sidetracked by the emergence of a new and sudden thought that had just occurred.  "You know Nari?" she spoke, before she glanced toward Nari.  "Gardener?" she asked, tilting her head quizzically as pieces began to fall into place about her friend and how Nari had suddenly been insistent about protecting the dark-haired woman.  Perhaps she too had met the man and determined a life course.

The tiny ping rings out once more in a green circle, seeking out any hostiles, as the man was always first and foremost: cautious. "I am glad to hear that, it seems that determination of yours was well-founded." The simplicity in such a request, an offer and a shared perspective breathing life into her cause. Raidou motions to his lenses, taking solace in the reprieve from activity. He hadn't planned on any fighting this early, and the thought of such brash, unprepared action wasn't to his tastes.

Peering back over his shoulder, as he began to mill about. Although he knew this place rather in and out, perhaps there was something that he missed. "I do, I met her some time ago." To the question regarding Nari, who had visited him a while back. There was a strange understanding between them, Raidou hadn't expected her to be conscious of his methods and motives so easily. Especially when given at first encounter, she was drastically on edge. Rightly so, for if she knew him. It was a justified response.

"I believe what Nari is trying to say, and Astreya might be thinking." His attentions shifting with a bit of dust rubbing from a pressed index and thumb, as he drags his fingers from the labyrinth wall. "Why are you wearing those? I find myself curious." Raidou finally admitted, moving closer and reaching out a hand before finding he was doing so. A pause as his movement halts. "May I?" he asks, pushing his glasses just that much more up the bridge of his nose.

Personal Space

Xena continued listening to their conversation until she was brought up, she never did reveal her name so it was difficult to even refer to her, but she could pretty easily tell when they were talking about her, her tail waved silently back and forth behind her as she leaned against the labyrinth wall a good 4-5 feet away from the group, keeping her distance for obvious reasons she could assume they'd understand. Nari had began speaking to her, she very evidently wasn't a fan of their words. "And this is why I try to do things alone..." Simply muttering to herself, in all likelihood all 3 of them heard her, she wasn't be that quiet. It wasn't until perhaps a minute later after Nari stopped talking that Raidou had chipped in, walking closer to her, the cat very clearly had a air of awkwardness combined with their own suspensions and distrusted towards the group. It wasn't until he reached a hand out towards her that she physically flinched her head backwards away from the hand, the ears very clearly twitching nervously from the close encounter. Raidou thankfully realized he was about to activate the Anti-Harrasment code or whatever was supposed to protect people from being suddenly touched by the opposite gender. Looking at him her eyes gave a sense of extreme distrust and worry but with a sigh she simply mumbled. "Fine whatever... just don't pull on em it'll hurt..." Stating as if it's already happened before Xena slowly moved her head back to where it was. She didn't like people touching her and this would likely turn out extremely weird.

With confirmation, a ginger brush causes one ear to fold and pop back up. Almost lifelike enough to get it confused. If they were false, then the look was so absolute that it was easy to mistake them. The warmth between his hand and the tuft of bright orange hair was noticeable, raking the space between them with a gentle graze. All sorts of questions, as he'd watch carefully how they react and move. "Why would I pull them?" The honest question came from him through a pair of reflective lenses. His aim wasn't to injure, just understand.

Finding himself stuck in almost a trance, as if petting a real feline. "It is a rather common practice, to avoid others. But this world punishes us for walking alone." Glancing the space between those ears, admitting with that finally relaxing fixation he'd seen where it led. "Strength comes not from a number on a screen, not from a piece of equipment dropped by a random enemy. It comes from those around you, that teach you the meanings of your own weakness. Find the holes in your armor and work to fill them in." His words seemed different, albeit with more feeling behind them. Something that so few ever had seen, something so buried that it hardly found the light of day.

Her head did try to move back again as he went to touch them. It was weird, almost like she could feel them being touched, they twitched a bit under the gardeners soft hand, Xena herself felt calmed by the touching in fact, though she certainly still didn't enjoy the group she was a part of. She didnt make any noises but did close her eyes, the cat tail behind her seemed to just curl now dropped downwards. Her head tilted somewhat towards the hand as this went on. "You'd pull them because some people are mean... but you probably already know more then I could ever need to explain about that..." Her voice had changed its tone, far less aggressive or oppositional it actually sounded rather calmed. In truth shes only been pet at most twice and enjoyed it, this being the second time. All other times it was without permission and it lead to quite the situations. It was often even worse when the tail got involved. But that's something she doesn't want to remember. Regardless her entire body seemed to melt a bit the words Raidou spoke going in one ear and out the other 

“Strength comes not from a number on a screen, not from a piece of equipment dropped by a random enemy. It comes from those around you, that teach you the meanings of your own weakness. Find the holes in your armor and work to fill them in.”

Nari’s face twitched slightly at the words, recognising the truth in them. She felt herself glance towards Astreya, something clearly on her mind – but when she spoke, it was entirely without conviction to whatever was on her mind, but instead to relay an extension of what the Gardener had already stated.

“For it is not in yourself that you find guidance and power, but in those whom support your actions, whom provide you the guidance to step forward, to hold against the evil of the world. It is not those whom we see, but those whom stand behind them, that ensure victory can be held.” She closed her eyes as the words continued, apparently spilling out from memory. “Fear not the warrior who stands before you with shield, sword or spear. Fear instead, the ones whom he fights for – the ones unseen in any but his or her own heart, for it is their power that you must overcome and defeat. Their strike that you must resist. It simply flows through the arm, shield and armour of the one you face.”

She opened her eyes once more, glancing briefly at the Gardener before bowing to the cat-eared girl. “I meant no offence in my words, only to announce a confusion towards what appeared to be someone hiding behind a mask, but I understand now – it is no mask, but the mask removed wholly, providing the truth to the world around. You have my deepest apologies, and I hope that we can reconcile going forwards.”

Spoiler

Word Count: 301

At the words from Raidou, the young woman couldn't help but to grin slightly, beaming a smile onto him.  "For sure!" she cheered, the girl wanting to let the man know that she was genuinely thankful for his help in putting some sort of perspective into the way that she was approaching this game.  There was a certain sense of...danger that she was going to put herself into, being on the Front Lines, and beyond that, landing herself in a tanking-style role as she had so planned. Realistically, she would want to just garb herself in as much armor as she could possibly handle, and merely attack- not bothering with such things.

But it seemed such a waste to do that.  If she were to focus herself on attacking, then perhaps she would be more focused in that.  She was not an aggressive sort, but a nurturer, one who would hold themselves close to others, to ensure that they grew properly while she would stand stalwartly nearby, defending them as best she could while they grew.

Her thoughts, however, came a sudden and drastic change at Raidou's words as she blinked, looking back over at the young woman and the ears that she had from whatever vanity gear she had equipped.  The man couldn't help but to sate his own curiosity, and that was something that made Astreya's smile broaden.  "Oooooh!  Raidou gets to touch!  Lucky~!" she cheered as the girl seemed to agree, although she seemed almost hesitant to do so, as if she expected the glasses-clad man to do something completely untoward.  

Much like Raidou had asked, Astreya too was curious as to why the girl thought the man might do something mean, when there was no reason to do so.  But between his question and touch, it seemed to quell the beast, leaving the cat-eared girl from doing anything that was angry back at him.  It was almost like she was a stray cat that feared the hand that was offered, expecting aggression, not affection, but as soon as Raidou started to lay his hand down, the girl seemed to finally relent, and that made Astreya's smile soften a little at the sight of the two.

And then Raidou began to speak, indicating a level of philosophical information that she found both interesting and a touch intimidating.  It sounded like her dad when he would get off on a tangent about things.  Much as often was the case with Raidou, it was a set of simple words with a truth that was deeper than what could be taken at a single listen.  Rolling the words over in her mind for a moment, she nodded slightly, knowing what he meant regarding this

Of course, the woman didn't offer her words right away, but Nari stepped in then, beginning to speak in her own thoughts.  The sapphire-eyed girl turned, looking at her friend with a small, knowing smile playing over her lips as she watched the young woman speak.  There was another facet to it too- Nari had gone for a more heartwarming approach which suited what Astreya knew about the girl.  That your allies would give you the strength of heart necessary to carry on through harder times, to stand against something that would otherwise be insurmountable.  

But others could find those holes that you couldn't find yourself.  No matter how much you could train on your own in anything.  Whether it was the combat in this game, gymnastics, chess, volleyball, until you submitted yourself to others, to have your own limits tested by those outside of yourself.  Raidou did not specify friend, nor enemy.  There were two sides to what he spoke- that deep simplicity that Astreya often found so interesting in how he spoke.  

All of that lay on the inside of the young woman as she twisted it all, a slightly confused smile on her face as she gave an embarrassed laugh, reaching her fingers up and twirling some of the strands of hair around her finger.  "Um...so like, I don't really get it?  Like the power of friendship, and all that, right?" she asked, looking back between Raidou and Nari as if seeking validation she didn't need.

Nursing the top of the girl's hair, what was first a standard inspection had taken a different light. Now it was just for the sake of the feeling it gave. "Some people are mean." A reflection in his tone as worked way, sharing the warmth betwixt them both. He'd seen a million renditions of this, a myriad of lifetimes blazed past. Xena was herself, but for a brief instant she was Mari, then Ruri, then Foto and shifts to Quinn. Those specters share a smile under that exchange, and yet ceased to be.

As his face would move, vision unbound and blurred. Akin to that of a smearing as the colors between the canvas rushed past before settling on the now. A rush to the senses, as the floors meld together in a muddied mess. Eyes set upon Nari. "It is purpose, there would be those that would see all you hope for undone. All that is made can be unmade. Doing our best to resist it, change it. Fear not the enemy you can see, but the one you cannot. We honest few are so few and far between." Staring with an almost intensity, before curiously, the nomad smiles. Her face shifts between Alkor, then to Nikki, to Haine, then to Yuki. A shared smile back from those apparitions before they return his vision to what it was.

"It is only through each other, that we can make it out of this." sliding his hand down the back of the girl's head, as his memories rushed past in an instant, threatening to sweep him away. Reaching up to his nose, a press against a pair of glasses causes the tide to become quiet. A subtle reminder of his humanity, and who he was before Aincrad had changed him. A mask like no other, forged from a sea of faces. One that learned, and sought the world to give it to others. "What is your name?" he'd ask down to the girl that was easily her own entity and yet was another red strand tied from one finger to another.