[F19 - PP] Nemo's Return | <<Nature's Treasures: Little Eden>>

Nari glanced over at Koga, eyeing him for a moment. She felt a bit of happiness at his acknowledgement of her skill – two simple words, but she had a feeling he wouldn’t say them unless he truly meant it. ‘Tell him why already. It’s why you dragged him out here to begin with.’

Scowling at the voice in her head, she’ll sheath her sword, wandering over to a set of red, blue and yellow tulips near Koga’s left. Kneeling down, pressing her fingers into the dirt, she’ll start to knead away the grass and dirt beneath. Slowly, the calmly affect washing over her, her anger dissipating slightly, she’ll begin to speak.

“I… was over zealous. I thought…I don’t know, that there was something there. A connection or whatever. It was stupid, and I jumped in feet first. Or head first. I fucked up. I told her… personal things. And… then I told her what the Gardener told me. She freaked out. Completely. Something about… not martyring myself. As if I somehow planned to wander to the front lines and offer myself up to the next boss as some sort of token to encourage everyone to fight on.”

A pause and breath as she realised she’d begun aggressively pulling at the dirt, damaging a few roots. Calming herself, she continued. “Words were thrown back and forth. Tempers rose. I stormed out and… banged out my anger. When I came back she was gone. I searched the entire estate – all… 30 or whatever rooms. No sign of her. Just…gone.”

Nari paused again as she rearranged her grasp, adjusting the angle she was working, trying to find the interlaced metallic substance beneath the dirt. She felt the anger bubble up again for a moment before pushing it back down, knowing it would do no good. ‘Calm, before the storm. Control, before the winds. Only when you are in control, can you devastate your opponent. Strike once you are mastered, hold firm when you are swayed.’

“She hasn’t answered any of my messages, but thankfully I can tell she’s not dead.”

ID203832 | LD: 2 + 1 = 3 | CD: 5 + 1 = 6| Material Search | Failure (0/6 Materials) [+5 EXP; 287/299 EXP] Rank 3 - Adept Forager

Spoiler

Word Count: 347

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice roll results

Koga simply stood by and listened to the woman speak, hardly moving, aside to turn and face her as she regaled the not so happy tale of her night with NIGHT. Mentally, he took notes. Things to ask. Points to address. Made a map to understand to understand the why of it all. No small task for the man who hadn't been there.

Koga took a deep breath. There were no easy answers to this, no easy ways to at least make them see eye to eye, and none where he could avoid sharing things he'd only just learned. Things NIGHT had not told Nari herself. Maybe it wasn't his place, but it was the only path her saw.

"NIGHT and I, we started leveling around the same time, with the same group of friends," Koga began to explain, turning away now, to a hibiscus. Gently, he rubbed it's petals between his thumb and forefinger, the softness like velvet. "There were six of us. Then five. Then four, and so on and so forth." There was no point in sharing the details, telling their shared story, when the point lay in only a few words. "Dead, missing. For a while, NIGHT was all alone."

He glanced back at the older woman for a moment. "She's seen a lot of friends die, go missing, Nari. We all have. I'm sure you have too." His hands retreated to his pockets as he moved from one bush to the next. "From what she's told me, after I disappeared for a while, she met another tank. A close friend, someone she considered important. And, that tank, she approached death nonchalantly. Happily even. Gladly, she would die on the Front if it meant even one more floor was cleared."

Now he turned to Nari fully, looking at her, his face devoid of anything at all. "Nari, she doesn't want to see more friends die. Not for anything. That's why she was so upset with you. Its not just about being a martyr, its about the people who'll miss you. The ones you leave behind." Something he'd only recently figured out himself.

| 203833, LD 9 +6, 2 Materials (Total 6)

Edited by Koga

The words echoed through her mind, and for a long time, Nari found herself speechless. She hadn’t considered the history, the losses. She hadn’t considered those left behind – as she had been. She only thought of those she could save, those she could ensure a future for – even at the cost of her own. Her purpose…

“I…I lost someone. Someone dear to me. We…” The world was turning blurry. Or… were the tears back? She wasn’t quite sure, but it was hard to see. She could feel her fingers digging – almost as if on their own. But her mind was blank, her emotions…

“I dived into this game with my fiancé. Eve… we… well, we both weren’t… social people. In real life. We came here to escape. To be together. Eve… We met years ago, in a forest. And… started dating. But one day, her family found out. Her father was… from a world where we couldn’t be. Where we were a disgrace. He tried to… I heard the gunshot on my voicemail. I was too late to do anything but…” The words faltered, and she felt herself fighting back sobs. She hadn’t told anyone else this. And yet… it flowed, as if wanting to be out. “The bullet hit her lower spine. Eve… lost her ability to walk. Her ability to move. Her life. So this. This was a blessing. At least at first… we ended up in a small group – a bunch of low levels with no real purpose other than to try… but we were foolish. I… I was our group’s tank, but the moment I saw our first real monster…I stumbled. I left an opening. I watched, in horror as Eve…”

The words gave out as Nari felt the emotions roll over her. The tears, the pitiful cries. Everything suddenly escaped, the hard shell shed held for so long…

‘You forget, so long as we’re here together…’ The promise, so long ago….

There was a pause in the conversation as a look of realization dawned on Nari's face. Like something clicked into place, and she was able finally see things from another point of view. Her eyes began to glaze, water, shine with a deep sadness he himself knew all too well. There was nothing like the pain of loss, nor the suffering that followed it.

The story Nari told though, it was like drawing a knife over a wound only just healed. Reopening it, fresh, eager to bleed into the world once more, set nerves on fire and draw out anguish like venom from a snake. But he was not here for himself. He was here for them. And her's was a story of an unfair world.

The man walked over to the woman and knelt before the woman, already brought low and took her hand in his, gently squeezing it. "Then you know the pain she fears. The one she's pleading you to spare her from," Koga said, voice far more calm than he felt. "All she's asking...that I'm asking is to stop putting other's ahead of yourself, and stand with them. Not behind. Defend us with your shield, not your life."

The words were there. Nari could hear them. But for a while, they didn’t register. The floated in her head, drowned out by sorrow, pain once thought to be long buried and lost. Yet, now it showed its fangs, latching on and driving its venom into her mind and body.

‘Stand beside them. Not behind, not in front. Beside. Can… can I?’ She wondered for a time. It sounded so easy… so right. Yet… what had the Gardener said? ‘Find the path that I could not. The divulgence.’

Was this what he meant? That he could not stand beside those he fought to protect? Was this… the path?

‘The warrior whom had strength alone, is afeard of the one who fights not beside other warriors – but for those who cannot be warriors themselves. It is not the strength of the arms, nor the armour, but the heart that proves victorious.’ Words from so long ago, echoed in her head. She had understood them at the time, but always their meaning changed. ‘And… what does the warrior do, when there is no more heart left to give? What does the warrior do, when their resolve – that which they fight for – is dead, and gone? What do I do, Eve?!’

The voice in her head screamed, trying to find answers. Answers where none should exist. Answers where it knew only darkness.

‘Remember, even after I am gone, I’ll always, always be in your heart. In your very soul. Never forget… our promise.’

Through tears, Nari saw the man before her, trying to comfort her. Trying to bring her back from the brink. She didn’t know… she wasn’t sure…

“I… can not face the daemons alone… I can’t. Help…” The tears still running down her cheeks, Nari buried her head into Koga, the some word repeating over and over again, the voice broken, as if something inside had cracked and given way. “Help… help…help…”

Spoiler

Word Count: 321

The look that Nari gazed at him with...it was like...she wasn't looking at him at all. Like she was in another place, another time, and he was but a fixture on some distant wall that he couldn't see.

And then it all fell apart.

The tears began to flow freely down Nari's face, and she pleaded, buried her face in Koga chest, and the only reaction Koga had was surprise. But that look was quick to soften, and he wrapped his arms around the woman, some source of comfort perhaps, small though it may be.

"You're not alone, Nari," he assured her, closing his eyes, allowing her to shed her tears into his coat. "We're all getting through this. Together." And they could only hope that they'd all be standing there at the end, to see the game's completion. To meet up in the real world, and tell old war stories over real drinks, real food. As real as everything they experienced here. "You're not alone..."

‘You are not alone…’

‘I’m always alone…always…’

‘You are not alone…’

‘I’m...always…alone…’

‘You are not alone…’

‘I’m...always…alone…aren’t I…?’

She had always been alone, hadn’t she? When was the last time… she thought back to those times – they had been… wonderful, hadn’t they? But those days were gone. She was gone. Only darkness remained. But… did that have to be to the case?

Something changed. Something within her. Gently pushing herself from Koga’s grasp, she spoke words for the first time in a while. Words that seemed… different.

“Koga… thank you. I-thank you…” There was no hesitation in the words, no anger, no sadness. Nothing. Instead, there was a hollowness, an emptiness void of anything. Her eyes, almost as hollow as the words she spoke, scanned the field, spotting a small group of wolves not too far away.

“Koga, will you help me? Help me send these beasts to greet Death?” The words were empty of any emotion, stated as more fact than question. Drawing her sword, she glided across the field towards the wolves, pulling her shield in close to herself. ‘For change to occur, first must one greet Death, and be born again. All things must die, before grown anew.’

Spoiler

[0,0,0]Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 440/440 | EN: 62/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 |

| STH: -5 | THORNS [54 DMG]

[0,0,0]Koga | Lvl 32/40 | HP: 840 // EN: 118 // DMG: 23 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 30 // ACC: 2 // LD: 6 // BRN: 56 // BLT: 32/20 // FALN: 8 // B.HEALING: 46/92

Mossy Wolf 1 | HP: 384/384 | DMG: 128/128

Mossy Wolf 2 | HP: 384/384 | DMG: 128/128

Mossy Wolf 3 | HP: 384/384 | DMG: 128/128

Combat Start

Round One

ID203845 | BD: 10  + 3 = 13 | <<Tech-C VS. Mossy Wolf 1>>

The strike hits! Major Critical Hit! (+2)

| 8 + 2 x 12 = 120 DMG

| COUNTER [1 turn]

[1,0,0]Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 440/440 | EN: 50/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 |

Mossy Wolf 1 | HP: 264/384 | DMG: 128/128

Spoiler

Word Count: 201

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice roll results

Moments passed with only the muffled shedding of tears to fill the silence as the two sat there in the grass, Nari in Koga's embrace. He doubted this was how the woman had expected their conversation to go when she had invited him out here to kill the boss. Nor was this how he had expected anything about his day to go.

Eventually, the sniffling subsided and Nari freed herself from Koga's grasp, and thanked him, though her expression still seemed empty as she seemed to look around them, for something. The answer came as the woman stood and made a simple request. One Koga would abide in.

He stood and followed her, drawing his own weapon as he did so. "Let's not take too long," was his only answer, "we still gotta take care of Nemo."

And then the fight began. The two players charged forward, Nari striking at the first of the Wolves. A black blue dashed around the woman and stopped in front of her as brought his blade up in a devastating blow that completely obliterated two of the three wolves. The survivor's only grace being that they were simply too far away for Koga's attack to strike it.

A quick leap back, putting Nari in front of him again. "All yours."

Spoiler

[0, 0] Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 440/440 | EN: 50/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [54 DMG]

[0, 1] Koga | Lvl 32/40 | HP: 840/840 | EN: 105/118 (118 -13) )| DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 2 | LD: 6 | BRN: 56 | BLT: 32/20 | FALN: 8 | B.HEALING: 46/92

Mossy Wolf 1 | HP: 0/384 (264 -255 -56 -32) | DMG: 128/128
Leeching Fang | On a natural MD of 9 or 10, this mob heals for 10% of the final damage dealt to its target.
[BURN, DMG 56, 1/2]
[BLIGHT, DMG 32, MIT -20, 1/2]

Mossy Wolf 2 | HP: 384/384 | DMG: 128/128
Leeching Fang | On a natural MD of 9 or 10, this mob heals for 10% of the final damage dealt to its target.

Mossy Wolf 3 | HP: 105/384 (384 -279) | DMG: 128/128

*Roll purpose states AOE-II, should be I, II is not unlocked
Koga uses AOE-I
  | 203850, BD nat10
  | DMG (23 +2) * 9
  | 203851, BD nat1
  | 203852, BD nat6 +2
  | DMG (23 +8) * 9
Mossy Wolf 1 takes 225 damage
Mossy Wolf 1 is BURNED
Mossy Wolf 1 is BLIGHTED
Koga CRITICALLY MISSES Mossy Wolf 2
Mossy Wolf 3 takes 279
 FALLEN damage

*Accidently rolled out of order, whoops, one roll also would need to be invalidated cause I suck T_T

Koga loots Mossy Wolf 1
  | 203872, LD nat18 +3, CD nat4
Koga receives T4 Perfect Armor (1), T4 Perfect Weapon (1), 2688 Col

Mossy Wolf 2 attacks Nari
  | 203853, MD nat5
Mossy Wolf 2 misses

*jfc purpose is missing, Mossy Wolf 3 attacks Koga
Mossy Wolf 3 attacks Koga
  | 203896, MD nat6 -2
Mossy Wolf 3 misses

Edited by Koga

Nari slid forward, her feet barely lifting off the ground as she moved. The sword lay flat across the stop of her shield, point aimed directly at the wolf – her eyes focused down along the length of the blade, and her breathing calm and steady. She stepped carefully to the right side, trying to force it to open itself to her attack. The calmness taking over her, she considered her options – knowing she could prepare for a return strike, or disable the creature…although likely Koga would finish it with his next strike.

Her skills suddenly diminished beside his, she wondered if it was even worthwhile to attack the creature. Deciding on her action, she suddenly leapt forward, the blade flashing out as it began to glow a soft violet colour, lunging across the distance between her and the wolf.

As her blade slashed the side of the wolf, she called out to Koga. “Koga! Switch!” Jumping backwards, she gave him the opening to lunge forward and strike at the beast, hoping he would take the action without hesitation.

Spoiler

[0]Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 440/440 | EN: 53/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 |

[0]Koga | Lvl 32/40 | HP: 840 // EN: 118 // DMG: 23 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 30 // ACC: 2 // LD: 6 // BRN: 56 // BLT: 32/20 // FALN: 8 // B.HEALING: 46/92

Mossy Wolf 1 | HP: 384/384 | DMG: 128/128

Mossy Wolf 2 | HP: 384/384 | DMG: 128/128

Mossy Wolf 3 | HP: 384/384 | DMG: 128/128

Round Three

ID203877 | BD: 3  + 3 = 6 | <<Tech-B VS. Mossy Wolf 1>>

The strike hits!

| 8 x 12 = 96 DMG

| DELAY [1 turn; -1 ACC Mossy Wolf 2]

[1,0,0]Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 440/440 | EN: 41/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 |

Mossy Wolf 2 | HP: 288/384 | DMG: 128/128

Spoiler

Word Count: 178

Nari made a sudden lung forward, catching the wolf off-guard and scoring another strike against it, another angry red mark appearing on it's hide as Nari retreated and called for a switch.

Not that she'd need one.

Another quick dash forward, and Koga lashed out at the two wolves, irrespective of the reach of his blade. The man's katana bit into the wolf's legs taking them out from underneath the beast, which toppled onto it's side before bursting into countless shards.

The second wolf fared far better than it's companion, suffering no more than some misplaced strands of fur as it growled at the two players. Koga kept his place at the front, weapon leveled in a mid-guard as he eyed his. The stalemate lasted for only a moment before the impatient creature leaped at Koga with it's maw wide open. Koga lifted the blade of his weapon and the sound of ringing steel echoed as sharp fangs closed around the blade, trying to wrest it from the man's grip.

Spoiler

[0] Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 440/440 | EN: 41/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [54 DMG]

[1] Koga | Lvl 32/40 | HP: 840/840 | EN: 89/118 (105 -16) | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 2 | LD: 6 | BRN: 56 | BLT: 32/20 | FALN: 8 | B.HEALING: 46/92

Mossy Wolf 1 | HP: 0/384 | DMG: 128/128

Mossy Wolf 2 | HP: 0/384 (288 -350) | DMG: 128/128

Mossy Wolf 3 | HP: 105/384 | DMG: 128/128

Koga uses AOE-II
  | 203903, BD nat9
  | DMG (23 +2) * 14
  | 203904, BD nat 1
Mossy Wolf 2 takes 350 critical damage
Koga 
critically misses Mossy Wolf 3

Koga loots Mossy Wolf 2
  | 203905, LD nat11 +6, CD 1
Koga receives 1152 Col, T4 Material (4), T4 Rare Consumable (1), and T4 Rare Weapon (1)

Mossy Wolf 3 attacks Koga
  | 203906, MD nat2 -2
Mossy Wolf 3 misses

Edited by Koga

“Alright! Let’s end this!” Nari called out as she slid past Koga, lunging forward with her blade in order to strike at the single wolf that was left standing. She had to admit that she was impressed with the switch – it had worked so smoothly, especially for her first time ever using the maneuver. It was one she would definitely keep in mind for future encounters – at least where she had a party to call upon.

Letting her shield drop slightly, she thrust the blade forward, trying to catch the beast straight across its face in a dazzling attempt to end it. At the last second she saw the wolf dodge to her right, trying to dodge the slice, and instead swung her shield out, activating the ability within it as it slammed into the creature.

Thousands of shards shimmered in the air for a moment as the wolf burst into pieces, before disappearing from sight entirely. Turning to smile at Koga, she spoke with a joyous tone lined with an odd tone of something akin to excitement. “So, shall we go pay dear Nemo a visit on our way out?”

Spoiler

[0]Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 440/440 | EN: 53/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 |

[0]Koga | Lvl 32/40 | HP: 840 // EN: 118 // DMG: 23 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 30 // ACC: 2 // LD: 6 // BRN: 56 // BLT: 32/20 // FALN: 8 // B.HEALING: 46/92

Mossy Wolf 2 | HP: 0/384 | DMG: 128/128

Mossy Wolf 3 | HP: 105/384 | DMG: 128/128

Round Five

ID203908 | BD: 9  + 3 = 12 | <<RAW-A VS. Mossy Wolf 1>>

The strike hits! Minor Critical Hit! (+1 DMG)

| 54+1x3 = 159 DMG

| Mossy Wolf 3 is defeated!

[0]Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 440/440 | EN: 43/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 |

Mossy Wolf 2 | HP: 0/384 | DMG: 128/128

Mossy Wolf 3 | HP: 0/384 | DMG: 128/128

Nari-Lanreth loots Mossy Wolf 3

| 1,152 col

| 4 materials

| Rare Trinket {1}

Spoiler

Word Count: 191

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice roll results

It wasn't much longer before Nari eliminated the last of their enemies. She slammed her shield forcefully into the wolf's face, am echoing clang like that of a bell resounding from the equipment before the wolf shattered and joined it's pals in the respawn queue.

With an exuberant tone, Nari turned to Koga and asked if they should go deal with Nemo next, to which Koga nodded. "Yeah, but let's wait a minute or two to let our stamina bars to fill back up. Not keen on standing there like an idiot if he scales harder than I think he will."

Yeah, Koga remembered his days as a lowly single digit player with barely enough energy to finish off a single boar. Those days had not been fun, and pretty much everything had been a threat then. He wasn't exactly keen on revisiting them now that he'd had some small taste of true over-levelled power.

Nari smiled at Koga as he mentioned waiting a moment. She couldn’t help but tease the man, even if only slightly. “What, are you scared of a wee little green dragon? Would you prefer to kill some more wolves to get comfortable first?”

She knew he was being logical – there was no point rushing into another bout of combat if they weren’t properly prepared for it. But at the same time…she just couldn’t resist. And maybe it would make things a bit less…awkward, after what had just occurred. Glancing around, she decided that at the very least she could take a look for any of those nice shiny bars that sometimes lay around.

Poking and prodding through the grasses on the side of the road, she called out without looking up, not wanting to see his reaction at her words. “Uhm…Koga? Could we…not mention what happened today. To anyone? I…would prefer not to…well, I don’t want people knowing about it…not yet at least.”

ID203928 | LD: 4 + 1 = 5 | CD: 3 + 1 = 4 | Material Search | Failure (0/6 Materials) [+5 EXP; 292/299 EXP] Rank 3 - Adept Forager

Spoiler

Word Count: 163

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice roll results

The swordsman rolled his eyes at Nari's teasing, as he turned to go examine another set of flowers while he waited for their stamina to finish regenerating. Koga suspected that his would be a mite faster than Nari's, so even though his bar was almost finished restoring, he contented himself with the picking of flowers.

The time was quick to pass, stamina thankfully being a plentiful and easy to obtain resource (seriously, it was like they could just stand there and photosynthesize it) and Koga's bar was already full by the time that Nari called out to him. The man didn't even glance in the woman's direction, instead eyes affixed to a vibrantly colored African Tulip. "I don't know what you're talking about," he called back. That wasn't his story to tell anyways. He was just a side character in the tale that was Nari. He'd played his role, and he was content to fade back into the inky pages having done so.

| 203934, LD nat5 +6, +1 Material

Edited by Koga

Nari gave Koga a flippant smile as she wandered towards Nemo, readying herself for what was to come. She still felt some hatred towards the NPC for what he had done to her – but… something about what Koga had said… it made the anger fizzle slightly. Not gone, but definitely receded from where it had once burned extremely hot.

As she came closer to the teleport gate, she saw as Nemo moved to block her route. Drawing her sword again, she levelled it along the top of the shield, preparing herself to launch forward and strike the green dragon the moment he had transformed. As the shimmering began, Nari saw movement out of the corner of her eye – two of the roaming monsters began heading towards her, their long, blade like arms coming up in preparation for conflict. ‘That’s not good… I hope Koga is up for this. Those things don’t look friendly… and they have knife hands. Not good.’

Spoiler

[0,0,0]Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 440/440 | EN: 62/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [54 DMG]

[0,0,0]Koga | Lvl 32/40 | HP: 840 // EN: 118 // DMG: 23 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 30 // ACC: 2 // LD: 6 // BRN: 56 // BLT: 32/20 // FALN: 8 // B.HEALING: 46/92

Nemo, the Wind of Gaia HP: 484/484 | DMG: 168 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 100

Knight of Gaia | 384/384 | DMG: 128 | ACC: 3

Knight of Gaia | 384/384 | DMG: 128 | ACC: 3

Debilitate | On a natural MD of 9 or 10, the mob strikes the player with a heavy blow, inflicting Bleed matching the Player's Tier for two turns, and applying a -2 evasion debuff to the player hit.

Combat Start

Round One

ID203935 | BD: 7 + 3 = 10 | <<Tech-A VS. Nemo

| The strike hits! 

| 8 * 12 = 96 - 100 = 1 DMG

| Nemo the Wind of Gaia is stunned! 

Nemo, the Wind of Gaia HP: 483/484 | DMG: 168 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 100

[0,0,0]Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 440/440 | EN: 49/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [54 DMG]

Spoiler

Word Count: 160

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice roll results

It wasn't much longer before Nari was also ready to start fighting Nemo. Koga wasn't exactly sure why Cardinal seemed insistent on players beating up the poor guy, but Koga wasn't going to complain. At least not right now. Moral ambiguities could always be addressed later.

The two stepped towards the NPC, drawing their weapons. The image of Nemo began to warp and distort, the his name plate glitching in and out until the man transformed into a huge, spindly, green dragon, with an epithet attached to his identifier. 'The Wind of Gaia'.

Nemo was not alone though. From the corner of their eyes, the players saw two more entities approach, sharp edged and deadly looking. Their appearance did not seem to give Nari pause as she lashed out with her blade regardless, dealing a measly one point of damage to Nemo.

"Nari, stay behind me."

The Wolf rushed off to the side, engaging the the Knights with a few ineffectual swipes, before breaking off and drawing them closer to Nemo. Okami was quick to leap at Nemo's throat as the two approached, latching on with his fangs as the Knights turned their attentions to the familiar. As soon as the three mobs were all grouped together, Koga stopped in his tracks, skidding across through the dirt as he turned his body to face the bunched together targets. The man suddenly rocketed back towards the NPCs, his blade glowing with a dark blue, near black aura as it passed through all three of them.

The man came to a stop not too far behind them. That hadn't even taken out one of the Knights, he didn't even need to look behind him to know that. He was close though.

An ear piercing shriek brought the man's attentions back to the fight as one of the Knight's attempted to slash at Koga's exposed back. A quick turn, and the Wolf deflected the bladed arm, dodged another swipe, and leapt to the side, the earth where had just been standing suddenly cracked beneath Nemo's feet.

Well...that went a little better than he'd expected.

Spoiler

[0, 1, 0]Nari-Lanreth|  HP: 440/440 | EN: 49/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [54 DMG]

[1, 1, 1]Koga | HP: 840/840 | EN: 101/118 (118 -17) | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 2 | LD: 6 | BRN: 56 | BLT: 32/20 | FALN: 8 | B.HEALING: 46/92
[ RENDING CD, 0/5 ]

Nemo, the Wind of Gaia HP: 215/484 (484 -241 -28) | DMG: 168 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 100
Twin Fangs | On a natural BD of 9 with a CD of 8+, the boss tears into the player with razor sharp fangs, inflicting 35*Tier unmitigatable damage.
Nature’s Roar | On a natural BD of 10, Nemo unleashes a gust of wind on the player, inflicting 65*Tier mitigatable damage.
Gaia’s Protection | Nemo cannot be reduced below 10 HP, and the fight ends once the player reduces his health to this level.

[ STUN CD, 1/4 ]
[ REND, DMG 28, 1/2 ]

Knight of Gaia 1 | 43/384 (384 -341) | DMG: 128 | ACC: 3
Debilitate | On a natural MD of 9 or 10, the mob strikes the player with a heavy blow, inflicting Bleed matching the Player's Tier for two turns, and applying a -2 evasion debuff to the player hit.

Knight of Gaia 2 | 43/384 (384 -341) | DMG: 128 | ACC: 3
Debilitate | On a natural MD of 9 or 10, the mob strikes the player with a heavy blow, inflicting Bleed matching the Player's Tier for two turns, and applying a -2 evasion debuff to the player hit.

Okami attacks Nemo, the Wind of Gaia
  | DMG 7 * 4
Nemo, the Wind of Gaia is RENDED

Koga uses AOE-I
  | 203938, BD nat7 +2 -2
  | DMG ((23 +8) * 11) -100
  | 203939, BD nat6 +2
  | DMG (23 +8) * 11
  | 203940, BD nat8 +2
  | DMG (23 +8) * 11
Nemo, the Wind of Gaia takes 241 FALLEN damage
Knight of Gaia 1 takes
341 FALLEN damage
Knight of Gaia 2 takes
341 FALLEN damage

Nemo, the Wind of Gaia takes 28 RENDING damage

Nemo, the Wind of Gaia is unable to move
Nemo, the Wind of Gaia is no longer
STUNNED

Nemo, the Wind of Gaia attacks Koga
  | 203941, MD nat4 -2
Nemo, the Wind of Gaia misses

Knight of Gaia 1 attacks Koga

| 203942, MD nat4 +3 -2
Knight of Gaia 1 misses

Knight of Gaia 2 attacks Koga

| 203943, MD nat3 +3 -2
Knight of Gaia 2 misses

Edited by Koga

Nari watched as Koga lashed forwards, drawing the targets together before unleashing with what seemed to be a relatively strong strike against all of them – except…none of them exploded. The Knights were clearly heavily damaged, yet still they remained. Nari had to stifle a slight giggle, before calling out in a teasing voice.

“Hey uh…Kogies, they’re still here. Let me uh…let me try something.” Closing her eyes for a moment, she let the glaive lower slightly, calling forth the energy within the blade that Cardinal provided. Three quick steps and she closed the distance, allowing the soft violet shimmer to lash out through the air, striking out towards the creatures in a wide sweep.

The blade managed to slash through Nemo and one of the Knights – causing the latter to burst into thousands of shards – however, the final creature slid backwards as it saw the blade coming, causing Nari to miss out on what she felt would’ve been an excellent finality. Scowling softly, she ducked back behind her shield, readying herself for the assault she knew was coming her way shortly.

Spoiler

[0,1,0]Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 440/440 | EN: 49/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [54 DMG]

[1,1,1]Koga | Lvl 32/40 | HP: 840 // EN: 101 // DMG: 23 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 30 // ACC: 2 // LD: 6 // BRN: 56 // BLT: 32/20 // FALN: 8 // B.HEALING: 46/92

Nemo, the Wind of Gaia HP: 215/484 (484 -241 -28) | DMG: 168 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 100
Twin Fangs | On a natural BD of 9 with a CD of 8+, the boss tears into the player with razor sharp fangs, inflicting 35*Tier unmitigatable damage.
Nature’s Roar | On a natural BD of 10, Nemo unleashes a gust of wind on the player, inflicting 65*Tier mitigatable damage.
Gaia’s Protection | Nemo cannot be reduced below 10 HP, and the fight ends once the player reduces his health to this level.

[ STUN CD, 1/4 ]
[ REND, DMG 28, 1/2 ]

Knight of Gaia 1 | 43/384 (384 -341) | DMG: 128 | ACC: 3

Knight of Gaia 2 | 43/384 (384 -341) | DMG: 128 | ACC: 3

Round Two

ID203965 | BD: 10 + 3 = 13 | <<Tech-F vs. Nemo>>

| The strike hits! Major Critical Hit! (+2 DMG)

| 8 + 2 x 8 = 80 - 100 = 1 DMG

ID203966 | BD: 1 + 3 = 4 | <<Tech-F vs. Knight of Gaia 1>>

| The strike misses!

ID203967 | BD: 8 + 3 = 11 | <<Tech-F vs. Knight of Gaia 2>>

| The strike hits! 

| 8 x 8 = 64 DMG

| Knight of Gaia 2 is defeated!

Nari-Lanreth Loots

ID203968 | LD: 17 | CD: 1 | Loot Knight of Gaia 2

| 1,152 col

| 4 materials

|Rare Consumable (1), Rare Weapon (1)

Knight of Gaia 2 | 0/384 | DMG: 128 | ACC: 3

Knight of Gaia 1 | 43/384 | DMG: 128 | ACC: 3

Nemo, the Wind of Gaia HP: 214/484 (484 -241 -28) | DMG: 168 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 100

[1,2]Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 440/440 | EN: 35/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [54 DMG]

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice roll results

Even as Koga dodged out of the way of another barrage of attacks from the mobs, their sights locked on him, he could hear Nari giggle and call him - "Kogies!?" the man shouted back at the woman. "What the hell did you just call me!?"

What kind of nickname was that!? Kogies, was he a puppy? The man was so caught up in the nickname that Nari had given him he hardly noticed how she'd managed to cleave one of the Knights in two. Or maybe he was just willfully ignoring her at this point out of spite, who really knew.

All Koga did know was that the two remaining were on their last legs. Koga didn't care which one he took out, he just wanted something to blow up. The man ran at them blindly, leaping high into the air spinning as his blade readied itself to come crashing down.

The Knight, more agile than the big dragon that was Nemo, managed to avoid the impact of Koga's attack. Nemo, as large as he was, was not so lucky. His form fizzled, sputtered before fading back to that of a human's. Now all was left was the one Knight.

Spoiler

[1] Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 440/440 | EN: 49/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [54 DMG]

[1] Koga | Lvl 32/40 | HP: 840/840 | EN: 85/118 (101 -16) | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 2 | LD: 6 | BRN: 56 | BLT: 32/20 | FALN: 8 | B.HEALING: 46/92

Nemo, the Wind of Gaia HP: 215/484 (215 -334) | DMG: 168 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 100

[ STUN CD, 1/4 ]
[ REND, DMG 28, 1/2 ]

Knight of Gaia 1 | 43/384 | DMG: 128 | ACC: 3

Knight of Gaia 2 | 0/384 | DMG: 128 | ACC: 3

Koga uses AOE-II
  | 203993 BD nat6 +2 -2
  | DMG ((23 +8) * 14) -100
  | 203994 BD 2 +2
Nemo, the Wind of Gaia takes 334 FALLEN damage
Koga misses Knight of Gaia 1

Knight of Gaia 1 attacks Koga
  | 203995, MD nat1
Knight of Gaia 1 CRITICALLY misses

Edited by Koga

Nari watched as Koga lashed out at Nemo, destroying the dragon with an anger that made her wonder if Nemo had done something to him. Just as she was considering the possibilities, she registered what he had called out. ‘I… guess he’s not one for pet names. Oops.’

Shoving the distracting thought aside, she glanced at the last night, noticing that it had begun to drift towards Koga in an attempt to lash out at him. Rushing forwards, Nari slid in between the two, bringing her blade up and around in a wide arc, in an attempt to finish off the creature once and for all.

Her blade slammed through the final creature, causing it to explode in a shower of sparks. Lowering her shield and sheathing her weapon, Nari throws a smile towards Koga, casually calling out. “Are we done here…? I… wish to be gone from this place. Nothing but bad memories here…”

Spoiler

[1] Nari-Lanreth| Lv. 22 | HP: 440/440 | EN: 35/62 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [54 DMG]

[1] Koga | Lvl 32/40 | HP: 840/840 | EN: 85/118 (101 -16) | DMG: 23 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 2 | LD: 6 | BRN: 56 | BLT: 32/20 | FALN: 8 | B.HEALING: 46/92

Knight of Gaia 1 | 43/384 | DMG: 128 | ACC: 3

Round Four

ID203996 | BD: 6 + 3 = 9| <<Tech-C vs. Knight of Gaia 1>>

| The strike hits!

| 8 x 12 = 96 DMG

The Knight of Gaia is defeated.

Nari-Lanreth Loot Rolls

ID203999 | LD: 13 | CD: 1 | Looting Knight of Gaia 1

| 1,152 col

| 4 materials

| Rare Trinket (1)

Spoiler

Word Count: 155

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice roll results

At Nari's request, Koga nodded. "Alright. Let's go."

Before either had a chance to move, the battered and beaten form of Nemo began to rise, on shaky legs. Despite his bloodied form, the NPC smiled at the two players anyways. "My, it's been a while since I found myself so entertained," he said with a grin, dusting off his clothing from the dirt and loose blade of grass that clung to him. "It's a shame you can't stay longer. Do come by again though, I would love to speak to you both more. I take great pleasure in learning more about those who visit my garden."

With that the NPC moved over towards a stone tablet in the ground, and gently taps with his foot. The intricately carved warp gate from before materializes before their eyes, and Koga wondered what the point of all this fighting with Nemo was in the first place. There had to be simpler ways to just get people to talk to him. "Oh, just be sure to clean up after yourselves before you leave. Good bye now."

Thread Summary

Spoiler

Obtained Items:
Nari:

TOTAL COL: 4,608
MATERIALS: 6 + 6 (foraging)

Tier 1 Rare Trinket (1) | [203998]
Tier 1 Uncommon Consumable (1) | [203831]

Koga:

TOTAL COL: 6,912
MATERIALS: 9 + 5 (gathering)

Tier 1 Perfect Armor (1) | [203830]