[F8-PP] Fighting the Monkey King | <Monkey King>

Rebekah had long heard about the legendary creature terrorizing the elves and treants in the forest surrounding the village of Florenthia. She had always wished to challenge herself by seeking the beast and killing it. After all, she loved spending time on the 8th floor due to its vast forest. Rebekah knew that she would struggle to take down the boss all by herself, and knew that she needed help. She posted a general message to the guild asking for help, hoping that someone will respond to her request. It was the first time she was going to meet them since joining the guild last week.

Spoiler

Rebekah is looking for help with the Monkey King. If you are able to help, please meet me at Florenthia on the 8th floor.

As she safely made the trek to Florenthia, she noticed that the entire village looks drastically different. She walked through the village last week when she was fighting monsters in the forest. She had heard the rumors of the village where new buildings keep appearing every week after the flooding that occurs. Rebekah hoped that it would not rain today as she does not want to get trapped in the flood today.

She was looking for the zoologist's in the village. She was having trouble finding Remington, who would explain the lore behind the beast in the forest. Luckily, the elf had pointed her in the right direction, and she found the NPC that she was looking for.

"I am waiting for another person or two to join me." She told the NPC who was eager to share his research with her and his experiences with the Monkey King.

Spoiler

Rebekah
Level 32 | Paragon 1 | HP 640/640 | EN 82/82 | DMG: 22 | MIT:  48 | ACC: 6 (4+2) | EVA: 1 | LD: 3
Battle Heal 5% | Survival +10% | Anti-freeze | EN -2

Equipment:

Laevateinn II (T4 RAPIER) 3 [DMG]
 Silver Necklace (T4 Trinket) 3 [ACC]
Unbroken (T4 Shield) 2 [MIT] [Anti-freeze]

Skills:
Weapon Skill (R5) | 7 [DMG]
Battle Healing (R5) | 5% (32 HP)
Searching (R3) | 3 [LD] 3 [SD]

Combat Masteries:
Evasion (R1) | 1 [EVA]

Add-ons:
Ferocity | 2 [DMG]
Precision | 1 [ACC]
Stamina | 2 [EN]

Extra:
Survival
Disguise

Items:
N/A

Guild:
Trading Hall
Treasury | + 5% mobs + 10% treasure chest

Edited by Rebekah
Editing Stats: Consumed Creme Brule on Post 4

Shuffling papers around, there had been so many different updates for quests from the Cardinal system. It was a lot to keep on top of. Not only that, there had been a lot of new recruits coming into Firm Anima. Eruda was glad to see how quickly it was growing. With everything getting back on target the way it was suppose to be, Eruda would go back to helping these new recruits find their way. Eyeing a few more papers on the red plastered table, a chime of her HUD caught her attention. Opening this message, a name that she didn't recognize. A new recruit maybe, Monkey King... Closing her HUD she scrabbles through the papers and finds that quest. It was one that was in fact updated. Reading through it quickly, knowing now that it was not a heavy mob, Eruda wouldn't have to bring anything special this time. Cleaning up her mess, setting them into a neat pile as they were before.

Eruda opens her HUD quickly and sents a message to Freyd, a new found relationship that she wished to explore. 

To: Freyd

I would like your help taking down the Monkey King with this new recruit. If you are not too busy, please meet us on Floor 8.

The chime of a sent message as she gets to her feet and starts gathering her things. "Raserei, wanna come." The wolf jumps up in excitement and heads straight for the door. Eruda chuckles a bit before opening that door and heads to the designated area.

Arriving in that village on floor 8, it had been some time since she had been here. The smell of damp natures fill her senses, glancing around, she finds that NPC and a girl. Grabbing the quest herself and approaching her, "I am Eruda, Vangaurd Division. You must be Rebekah," as Eruda introduces herself, her wolf sit next to her feet, staring up at this woman with a slightly tilted head. A smile "And this is Raserei. I have invited one other who can help with damage output. I will be tanking." Sending Rebekah a party invite, while they wait for the last to show or message back or something to indicate that they should be moving forward.

Freyd shares: Gugnir’s Shard (Untradeable/Unique/Reusable Consumable): Crème Brûlée Tray | ACC 2 | Feast (4/6)

Eruda | HP: 880/880 | EN: 100/100 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 179 | ACC: 2 | | BH: 48 | LD: 2 | BRN: 56 | BRN IMMUNE | FL. AURA: 16 | FL. THRN: 8 | REC: 8 | TAUNT | THRNS: 72

Spoiler

Eruda, The Blazing Lily
Level: 32
Paragon Level: 49
HP: 880/880
EN: 100/100

Stats:
Damage: 8
Mitigation: 179

ACC: 2
Battle Healing: 48
Loot Dice: 2
BRN: 56
BRN IMMUNE
FL. AURA: 16
FL. THRN: 8
REC: 8
TAUNT
THRNS: 72

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Consuming Pyre - Surt T4: (Burn 2, Taunt)
Armor: Reinforced Plate - Lily T4 Demonic: Flame Aura 2, Flameproof, Recovery 1
Misc: Stalwart Defender T4 Demonic: (Thorns 2, Recovery 1, Flame Thorns 1)

Skills:
Curved Sword R5
Heavy Armor R5
Battle Healing R5
Fighting Spirit
Howl
Searching R2

Inactive Mods:
Night Vision

Addons:
Iron Skin
Focus
Rampart
Stamina

Active Extra Skills:
Block R5
Concentration
Survival

Housing Buffs:
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

"Why on Earth are we taking down recruits while fighting the Monkey King at the same time?  Seems ineffective, on multiple fronts.  Sewy, did you have anything to do with this?  And, oh, hey newbie!"

Freyd wandered into the central square from an ornately carved connecting bridge, a heavily armored elf walking at his side.  Tall and lanky, dressed all in black like an edge lord might, Freyd sauntered along casually with his features concealed beneath his cowl.  A mischievous grin beamed Eruda's way, as if taunting a tank was his favourite pastime.  He carried no weapon, and looked dressed for infiltration more than combat.  The NPC's keen eyes, meanwhile, scoured every inch of the plaza, as if expecting some manner of threat from within the walls.  The entire city was carved and grown from giant trees.  If one turned out to be an angry treant in disguise, it was probably game over.

"Are you two going after the extra skill?  Shatter's actually a damned handy thing to have in your back pocket."

Tossing out a tray of desserts, he nabbed some for himself.

"Eat up.  Donkey Kong Kaiju's not all that tough, especially with muscles out front," he jerked his thumb in Eruda's direction while winking at her, "but you don't want to stand around any longer than is necessary."

Freyd shares: Gugnir’s Shard (Untradeable/Unique/Reusable Consumable): Crème Brûlée Tray | ACC 2 | Feast (6/6)
[You can edit your first post to consume and add it to your stats there}

Freyd | HP: 1100/1100 | EN: 144/144 | DMG: 30 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 7 | BH: 60 | LD: 5 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | PARA IMMUNE | REC: 8

Freyd consumes:

Spoiler

1 share of Gugnir's Shard
Liquor of Light (Potion) | Damage 3 [178030-1]
Breakfast Fry | T4 Protein 2 [177718] + Filled

Full Stats:

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadow
Level: 32
Paragon Level: 106
HP: 1100/1100
EN: 144/144

Stats:
Damage: 24 (+3+3)
Mitigation: 78 (-60)
Accuracy: 5 (+2)
Battle Healing: 60
Loot Dice: 5
FLN: 16
HLY: 16
PARA IMMUNE
REC: 8

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Samael's Pride (T4 MA | HLY 2 | FLN 2)
Armor: Fallen Angel Garb (T4 LA | Mit 2 | Rec 2)
Misc: The Shadowed Rose (T3 Trinket - ACC 3 | Para.Imm)

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Martial Arts R5
Battle Healing R5
Light Armor R5
Searching R4
Charge
Energist
Quick Change
Extended Mod Limit

Active Mods:
Night Vision
Tracking
Meticulous
Untraceable
Vanish

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Ferocity
Precision
Resolve
Reveal
Stamina

Active Extra Skills:
Disguise
Survival
Forgotten King’s Authority
Hiding R5

Inactive Extra Skills:
Meditation
Brawler
Photosynthesize

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals x7
Mass HP Rec [Inst] (+30*T HP) x7
Mass HP Rec [Inst] (+30*T HP) x7
Crystal of Divine Light (Reusable) x1
Rhino's Horn (Reusable) x1
Hmr.Pk: The Thing Behind All Lies (T4 Demonic WH, AA, Blight, Static, Para.Ven (Off)) x1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:

As Rebekah waited for someone in the guild to respond to her message, she asked Remington, "What is the problem around the village?"

The NPC replied, "There is a monster named the Monkey King. It is terrorizing the villagers so we are afraid to venture into the forest. I cannot go out to preform my own research to study nature around here."

Just as Rebekah began to strike up a conversation, she saw a blond hair girl approach her with a black and blue wolf. She introduces herself with Raserai, who will be joining them today. She was also excited to hear that there was another player joining them as Eruda will assist by being the main tank for today's expedition. Normally, she has challenge quests by herself or without a tank, so it would be very helpful to learn how to battle with a tank. Rebekah accepts Eruda's friend request and responds, "Nice to meet you Eruda. Yes, I am Rebekah and I am grateful for your help today."

Rebekah has never met a wolf familiar before, and did not know how to react. She turned to the wolf, and said, "Nice to meet you too, Raserai."

She was not sure of the wolf's reaction but did not want to anger it. She thought about patting it on the head but decided against it. That would not be a good idea to get on the bad side of the wolf.

As they waited for a few more minutes, she asked Eruda, "Have you done this quest before?" Rebekah continued to explain, "I am hoping to learn a brand new sword art."

Rebekah sees a tall black haired guy walking towards them. He asks them if they were going to learn a brand new skill. Rebekah reaches out and grabs a piece of the creme brule. She introduces herself to both Eruda and Freyd. "I do not think we have met before. My name is Rebekah, a new recruit in the guild." Rebekah then sends a friend request to Freyd.

She turns to Freyd. "Yes, I am looking to learn a new skill. Thank you for the creme brule." as she takes a bite into the dessert.

Finally, she turns back to Remington, "Since we are all finally here, we can begin. Can you tell us more about your encounters with the beast, the Monkey King?".

Remington began to speak up about his his brief meetings with the giant ape that roams the forest surrounding the village. He tells the story of how he is afraid of leaving the village himself as he cannot go on any research expeditions to learn more about the plants and animals living in the Forest of the Great Tree.

(edited first post with stats)

"Yea, me too. Was eventually going to do this quest, but uh... Front lines happened." Joy washed over her followed by a playful glare to Freyd. Raserei takes a few steps forward after realizing that this female was not a threat to Eruda. Rubbing her head against a leg, guiding it to the girl's hand. A full grown wolf, very friendly until she saw something threatening in the mist beyond. Rebekah would see that soon enough. Grabbing a bite of what Freyd had brought, the buff activates and they were ready to head out. 

After the tale, Eruda found it a bit interesting. They would meet up with the NPC Sewallus who would be joining them on the conquest. Sending a party invite to this individual, he would accept it and join the party. "The giant ape should be just around the corner, stay behind your tank, I will take the damage, if it lasts that long..." Turning to Freyd with a grin knowing what he was capable of doing. This would be over fairly shortly, if he hit the thing. Eruda would let the girl experience for herself what Firm Anima could do. In those spoken words, they would sound different from moments ago. Eruda's leadership would bleed through in a serious matter. It would be clear that this was not the first time she had helped out someone new. 

Accepting the friend and party invites, Freyd bantered casually with both women making basic introductions as chit chat as they walked.

"I noticed your name recently added to our guild roster, Rebekah.  Are you just starting out or looking for new opportunities?"  

He groaned loudly when she asked about past encounters with the mob they were hunting.

"Ugh.  I bloody hate this thing, and seem to have the absolute worst luck when facing it.  One time I was facing it with Kiluia and Haine, they're in the Provisional and Assault divisions of the guild.  Anyway, Kiluia does his fancy flippity-floppity martial arts stuff and causes a branch to fall, or something.  I slip on it, of course, then end up sliding ass over tea kettle right between the beasts leg and facing the absolute nastiest piece of ass I have EVER seen.  It was just..."  Feigning a gag, Freyd's skin did seem to pale a bit at the recollection, suggesting that there had to be some element of truth behind the whole thing.

Something inky black and more akin to vapour than liquid oozed down from Freyd's leather vest as he spoke.  Upon touching the ground, it took a long, slender shape reminiscent of a fetter, but not quite right.  Twin azure eyes, with horizontal slits for irises, opened as its shadowy limbs manifest beneath it.  Persi, Freyd's shadow mongoose familiar instantly recognized one of her favourite play mates and pounced adorably all around Raserai, taunting the flaming wolf to do the same.

"Oh, and if you're ever looking to roast marshmallows over that thing," Freyd said, pointing at the wolf, "my shop sells overcooking insur-."

RAAAAaaaaaawrrrr

Something huge thundered through the underbrush, emerging without warning and catching virtually all of them by surprise - except one.  Persi, mild-looking, ever playful little Persi, immediately launched into the air like a bolt of black lightning, striking the mammoth beast in the chest with such force that the Monkey King flipped backwards in mid and landed with a sickly crunch that left it dazed and its health bar in tatters.

"Ah.  Err.  Did I mention that she also eats field bosses and the like for breakfast?"

Spoiler

Post Action | AoE-I (x15 AoE, 11 EN, +2 AoE Shift, +2/hit,): 15 EN - (Rested 1/2; Stamina) = 12 EN. 
Free Action (Skill) | Activate Grappling Familiar (CD 0/5)
Free Action (Item) | Activate Rhino's Horn (-1 EVA for rest of battle)

ID #203901 | BD: 2+7=9 (hit).  DMG (33*15=495-60=435).  STUNNED.

Rebekah | HP 640/640 | EN 82/82 | DMG: 22 | MIT:  48 | ACC: 6 (4+2) | EVA: 1 | LD: 3 | BH 35 | Anti-freeze
Eruda | HP: 880/880 | EN: 100/100 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 179 | ACC: 2 | BH: 48 | LD: 2 | BRN: 56 | BRN IMMUNE | FL. AURA: 16 | FL. THRN: 8 | REC: 8 | TAUNT | THRNS: 72
Freyd | 
HP: 1100/1100 | EN: 132/144 (-12) | DMG: 30 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 7 | (EVA: -1) | BH: 60 | LD: 5 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | PARA IMMUNE | REC: 8
Sewallus | 
HP: 400/400 | DMG: 75 (100 on crit) | MIT: 50 | EVA: -1

Abilities:

• Florenthian Howl | Grants Sewallus +5 Hate against the Monkey King. Requires a Post Action. Sewallus will use this ability on his first turn, and every second post thereafter.
  • Shatter Upon a successful attack, reduce target's Mitigation by 15 before damage is calculated. This effect can stack up to three times. Shatter from outside sources will not increase the stack count, but will refresh the duration. Effect lasts three turns.

[H:0,0,1,0] Monkey King | HP: 215/650 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 60 | ACC: 2 | G.Stun Imm. (0/3) | STUNNED (650-435)

Abilities:

• If a Tree Falls | On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the Monkey King will pick up a large tree and throw it at the party.  This replaces the Monkey King's normal attack, automatically dealing 120 unmitigatable damage and inflicting stun to each target.

Rebekah watched as they made their way to where the Monkey King resides. As they walked, she noticed Raserei was very friendly. She decided to reach out and patted the wolf's head. As expected, it did not try to bite her hand off. That was a relief.

As Freyd tells his story of his previous encounter, she was determined to not let that repeat itself. The last thing she wanted to deal with today was being hit in the face with a giant tree branch. She did not want to deal with the effects of a concussion. As she watch Freyd's familiar play with Raserei, she was thinking that she should get a familiar as well. She made sure to introduce herself to Persi as well. She turned back to Freyd to respond to his question, "I just recently joined the guild after a long break. I was looking for a new opportunity since I retired from the frontlines over ten floors ago."

Given this extended layoff, it was only natural for her level and strength to fall behind her other two party members. She knew it was going to take a lot of work to slowly catch up.

The Monkey King had yelled, and she jumped as she got startled by the noise. She realized Persi was very brave to charge right at the boss immediately. Freyd quickly followed suit. She had went over the plan with Eruda while walking here, so she knew it was her turn next.

She watched as Freyd landed a textbook stun on to the Monkey King. Now, the pressure is on her, especially with a stunned boss who cannot move to dodge her attack. Rebekah was determined to not mess up on her first impression to her new guild members. She took a deep breath, and then took out her sharp rapier. Rebekah ran towards the Monkey King determined not to embarrass herself.

Rebekah launched a clean single target strike at the Monkey King. She now jumped out of close combat range to avoid being hit by the next person to attack in their party. As she looked up, she noticed it did not deal as much damage as Freyd's previous attack. However, the Monkey King's health bar drop rapidly into the red. By her estimates, all the group needed was one more hit to defeat the boss. She now realized that she could have finished off the boss herself if she tried a different skill. This was her second strongest opening skill. Hopefully, this mistake would not be too costly.

Spoiler

Post Action | [x12] ST-I (12 EN) | A single-target sword art.

ID #203902 | BD: 3 + 6 = 9 (hit) | DMG = 22 x 12 - 60 =  204 | EN = 12 - 2 = 10

Rebekah | HP 640/640 | EN 72/82 | DMG: 22 | MIT:  48 | ACC: 6 (4+2) | EVA: 1 | LD: 3 | BH 35 | Anti-freeze
Eruda | HP: 880/880 | EN: 100/100 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 179 | ACC: 2 | BH: 48 | LD: 2 | BRN: 56 | BRN IMMUNE | FL. AURA: 16 | FL. THRN: 8 | REC: 8 | TAUNT | THRNS: 72
Freyd | 
HP: 1100/1100 | EN: 132/144 (-12) | DMG: 30 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 7 | (EVA: -1) | BH: 60 | LD: 5 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | PARA IMMUNE | REC: 8
Sewallus | 
HP: 400/400 | DMG: 75 (100 on crit) | MIT: 50 | EVA: -1

Abilities:

• Florenthian Howl | Grants Sewallus +5 Hate against the Monkey King. Requires a Post Action. Sewallus will use this ability on his first turn, and every second post thereafter.
  • Shatter Upon a successful attack, reduce target's Mitigation by 15 before damage is calculated. This effect can stack up to three times. Shatter from outside sources will not increase the stack count, but will refresh the duration. Effect lasts three turns.

[H:1,0,1,0] Monkey King | HP: 11/650 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 60 | ACC: 2 | G.Stun Imm. (0/3) | (215 - 204) STUNNED

Abilities:

• If a Tree Falls | On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the Monkey King will pick up a large tree and throw it at the party.  This replaces the Monkey King's normal attack, automatically dealing 120 unmitigatable damage and inflicting stun to each target.

Edited by Rebekah

Chuckling just a bit watching the two play cat and mouse with one another, it was clear that they had become good friends. It was nice, so had Freya and Eruda. "Well we are glad to have you in Firm Anima. If you need any help with anything you let us know." A growl from the large Monkey sees Eruda's words cut short. Seeing Perci jump into battle right then, Raserei begins to bare her teeth at this thing 10 times her size. Rebekah also leaps in for some action and right before Eruda could do anything, Sewallus gives a battle cry outburst that sounded like a howl to Eruda. "Really, did you not hear the plan that was said just minutes ago..." The NPC looks at Eruda with a shrug. Quickly pulling out her sword and shield, this was going to be and interesting fight if she couldn't get the large apes full attention. Eruda chose to stand there and observe the combat, after he shield decided that it was going to fizzle out of flame... Eruda give a sigh and keeps her eye on the Monkey who was twitching at the moment.

Spoiler

Post Action-(Sewallus): Uses Florenthian Howl Gaining +5 Hate

Post Action-(Eruda): Raw-A (Miss -1 EN)
ID:203907 | BD:1 Miss, vs Monkey King CD: 1 RUMF

Post Action-(Monkey King): Stunned, can't take any actions

Rebekah | HP 640/640 | EN 72/82 | DMG: 22 | MIT:  48 | ACC: 6 (4+2) | EVA: 1 | LD: 3 | BH 35 | Anti-freeze
Eruda | HP: 880/880 | EN: 99/100 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 179 | ACC: 2 | BH: 48 | LD: 2 | BRN: 56 | BRN IMMUNE | FL. AURA: 16 | FL. THRN: 8 | REC: 8 | TAUNT | THRNS: 72
Freyd | HP: 1100/1100 | EN: 132/144 (-12) | DMG: 30 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 7 | (EVA: -1) | BH: 60 | LD: 5 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | PARA IMMUNE | REC: 8
Sewallus | HP: 400/400 | DMG: 75 (100 on crit) | MIT: 50 | EVA: -1

Abilities:

Florenthian Howl | Grants Sewallus +5 Hate against the Monkey King. Requires a Post Action. Sewallus will use this ability on his first turn, and every second post thereafter.
Shatter | Upon a successful attack, reduce target's Mitigation by 15 before damage is calculated. This effect can stack up to three times. Shatter from outside sources will not increase the stack count, but will refresh the duration. Effect lasts three turns.
[H:1,1,1,5] Monkey King | HP: 11/650 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 60 | ACC: 2 | G.Stun Imm. (0/3) | STUNNED

Abilities:

If a Tree Falls | On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the Monkey King will pick up a large tree and throw it at the party.  This replaces the Monkey King's normal attack, automatically dealing 120 unmitigatable damage and inflicting stun to each target.

Stepping sideways into a field of fluctuating shadows cast by the flowing foliage above, Freyd reappeared an instant later high above their enemy and hurtling downward with increasing momentum.  His fall looked surprisingly clumsy and uncontrolled, like he'd snagged his foot on a root during his transition.  A subtly shift of his hands adjusted to the circumstances, for the Whisper was nothing if not adaptable.  Contorting as he fell, he still ended up how he'd originally intended and crashed like a meteor, fist first into the giant ball of monkey fur that lay crumpled.  The thing exploded like a pinata struck by a cruise missile, tufts of pixelating hide and fur splattering all over everything within twenty paces.

When the fractals cleared, Freyd stood in the middle of the vanished quest mob, dusting off its detritus and goofing like an idiot.

"Finally!  It's about time I got some payback!  Is everyone okay?   Oi!  Erm.  Rebekah.  You got a little bit of King on the side of your..."  Freyd pointed to the left side of her face, cringing slightly at the quantity of excess splatter.

Spoiler

Freyd regains +4 EN
CD 7 (+8 EN from REC proc) ID #203913

Post Action | AoE-I (x15 AoE, 11 EN, +2 AoE Shift, +2/hit,): 15 EN - (Rested 2/2; Stamina) = 12 EN. 
Free Action (Skill) | Quick Change (CD 0/3), swap Samael's Pride for The Thing Behind All Lies (Stats adjusted below)

ID #203914 | BD: 1+8 (hit).  DMG (30*15=450-60=390)

Rebekah | HP 640/640 | EN 72/82 | DMG: 22 | MIT:  48 | ACC: 6 (4+2) | EVA: 1 | LD: 3 | BH 35 | Anti-freeze
Eruda | HP: 880/880 | EN: 99/100 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 179 | ACC: 2 | BH: 48 | LD: 2 | BRN: 56 | BRN IMMUNE | FL. AURA: 16 | FL. THRN: 8 | REC: 8 | TAUNT | THRNS: 72
Freyd | HP: 1100/1100 | EN: 132/144 (+4+8-12) | DMG: 30 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 8 (incl. AA)british  | (EVA: -1) | BH: 60 | LD: 5 | PV(O) | PARA IMMUNE | BLGT 32 | STATIC 40 | REC: 8
Sewallus | HP: 400/400 | DMG: 75 (100 on crit) | MIT: 50 | EVA: -1

Abilities:

Florenthian Howl | Grants Sewallus +5 Hate against the Monkey King. Requires a Post Action. Sewallus will use this ability on his first turn, and every second post thereafter.
Shatter | Upon a successful attack, reduce target's Mitigation by 15 before damage is calculated. This effect can stack up to three times. Shatter from outside sources will not increase the stack count, but will refresh the duration. Effect lasts three turns.

[H:1,1,2,5] Monkey King | HP: 0/650 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 60 | ACC: 2 | G.Stun Imm. (1/3) (11-390)

Abilities:

If a Tree Falls | On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the Monkey King will pick up a large tree and throw it at the party.  This replaces the Monkey King's normal attack, automatically dealing 120 unmitigatable damage and inflicting stun to each target.

Rebekah had caught herself watching to the fight instead of reacting to it. She was watching Freyd dive from overtop the ape into it causing a giant mess of fur everywhere. She was unlucky to be standing too close and not having expecting the explosion of fur to happen. All she had time for was to get her shield up to block it from hitting her all over the face. As Freyd landed he pointed out there was something on the side of her face. She wanted to yell at Freyd but realized it was her fault for not paying attention.

Rebekah dusted off the fur from her face, and her shield to ensure none of the fur was still sticking. Before she could say anything at Freyd, she received a quest notification indicating that she has successful completed the quest, and Sewallus quickly showed both Eruda and myself the new sword art before leaving the party behind to return to the village.

Rebekah turned to both of her guild members, "Thank you for helping me with this quest. Now that we are completed very early, is there anything you want to do?" She was not sure if they were busy or if they had some free time for the rest of this morning.

Spoiler

Out of Combat 1/3 - Rebekah

Rebekah | HP 640/640 | EN 73/82 (+1) | DMG: 22 | MIT:  48 | ACC: 6 (4+2) | EVA: 1 | LD: 3 | BH 35 | Anti-freeze
Eruda | HP: 880/880 | EN: 99/100 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 179 | ACC: 2 | BH: 48 | LD: 2 | BRN: 56 | BRN IMMUNE | FL. AURA: 16 | FL. THRN: 8 | REC: 8 | TAUNT | THRNS: 72
Freyd | HP: 1100/1100 | EN: 132/144 (+4+8-12) | DMG: 30 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 8 (incl. AA)british  | (EVA: -1) | BH: 60 | LD: 5 | PV(O) | PARA IMMUNE | BLGT 32 | STATIC 40 | REC: 8

Edited by Rebekah

Eruda just chuckles at the total splatter of the giant monkey that was now oh so tiny. Persi went right back to playing around with Raserei like nothing happened. It was clear that something like this was not an issue in the slightest. Looking to Rebekah, "Sure, Freyd?" Glancing to him for an answer, "Sure, I could use great coffee," Freyd just smirks. Eruda knew exactly what Freyd was insinuating. "Freya it is. I will see if she is available." Eruda didn't know if Freya was still taking a break day with Gaius. "My sister and her man Gaius are the best Chef Duo's in Aincrad." Starting to walk back to town as the other 2 follow. It would also give her a chance to see how they were doing. Sending a quick message to Freya as they walk, moments later Eruda get confirmation that it was okay for them to and told Eruda to meet her at the guild hall. 

The party moves to Floor 22

Turning to Rebekah, as they approach a large Cathedral looking building. One that you would see in a scary movie. Trees around it that look like they could be dead. "This is the Cathedral of the Lost. Firm Anima's guild hall. We have everything that you would need to bring with you on a quest. Food, potions, recording crystals, equipment. You name it, we probably have and if we don't, it can be made per request." Walking to the large doors, she pushes them open. It reveals a huge spacious interior. A long large red-ish table right in the middle. A staircase that splits 2 ways just ahead. The smell was an odd mixture of food, metals, sulfur, herbs... You would hear some pans clanking and sizzling of something being made in one of the many rooms this place holds. A blond female walks out with 3 coffee cups. This female looks exactly like Eruda with short hair. "Three Vanilla Moka's with a hint of cinnamon." Setting the cups on the table, "I am Freya, your meals will be done shortly. Freyd," Freya would give a smile to Rebekah with a nod of her head before walking back into the kitchen. Eruda takes a seat in her normal spot at the table, gripping one of those coffee's with a exhale. 

"Yanno, this is gonna sound really weird, but I feel like I haven't actually fought anything in ages!"  Stepping last into the room, Freyd somehow still managed to find his favourite chair before anyone could get to it.  That was a ruse, in and of itself, as the man never sat in the same seat twice, at least in a row.  Unpredictable and unbalanced, someone had called him once.  It might have been Montjoy, now that he thought about it.  It felt weird not to hear his voice anymore, yet his presence was still there.  Kicking a pair of booted feet up onto the table, Freyd slurped his drink as loudly and obnoxiously as possible, as a special inside joke thank you to Freya.  She narrowed her eyes at him, but smiled, recognizing the signs.

"So!  Rebekah.  What's your deal?  I've gotta fill in a profile here, or there a 78.4% chance that the guild hall may eat you the next time you enter."  Tapping his fingers in the air, Freyd made a good show of filling in his invisible user interface.  There was nothing actually there, of course, but no one else was going to know that.

As Eruda lead the group away from the remains of the Monkey King, they headed towards the teleportation gate. She was lead towards the guild hall, a grand Cathedral. It was the first time that she had visited this unique and creepy building. Inside, Rebekah noticed a strange odor when entering the building, but she thought it was normal. It had been a long time since she had visited a guild building. It was the type of smell she had not whiffed in a long time. It was the smell of a busy guild full of distinct individuals perfecting their crafts.

Before she could walk any further, a blond with a striking resemblance to Eruda walked out and handed her a cup of coffee. Before she could say anything or thank Freya, she had immediately disappeared and returned what Rebekah assumed was the kitchen. She could hear the distinct sizzle of the pan after she had left. As they entered the next room, both Freyd and Eruda immediately went to their spots. She could feel the tension in the room, as Freyd was ready to scrutinize her next step as she sat down. Rebekah nervously took a sip of the coffee. She could taste the sweet vanilla with the slight distinct flavour of cinnamon. It was a perfect cup of coffee. The coffee was on such a different level that made her respect the chef who brewed it.

Now it was back to reality, Freyd began to interrogate her since she was an unknown individual. She had tried hard to remain hidden in the last several years. It was not a common occurrence when a level 32 player joined an established guild and attempted to keep a low profile until reaching out one day for help with a quest. She knew that she would have to come clean about her past. She took a second and then responded as confidently as she could, while maintaining eye contact, "I am Rebekah. I was one of the remaining and surviving members of the Azure Brigaide."

She paused for a second before continuing on, "I retired from the frontlines about seven in-game years ago. However, I got bored in retirement waiting for the game to be cleared. Therefore, I recently decided to return to the game. Upon, my return, I received an open invitation to join Firm Anima."

Freyja Meal.jpgEruda just rolls her eyes with a smile. Freyd was half right though, they do have a roster of the guild members. What armor is worn, the weapons they use. It helps everyone stay up to date on their equipment. Eruda was not going to bother the girl with this though. Rebekah would soon find this out for herself if she decided to be involved with everyone in the group. "Well, we are glad that you have chosen us among all the others. I can promise that you will not regret it in the slightest." Giving the girl a smile as her twin walks out, holding 3 plates. One on her arm and 2 held in her hands. Eruda still didn't know how the hell her sister could juggle them like that. Eruda knew couldn't... well, maybe now... She has never attempted it since that one tragic day...

"I have other things to attend to, but I look forward to working with you Rebekah." Setting the plates carefully on the table in front of each person. "Please enjoy," Freya says with a smile and a slight bow before taking her apron off and placing it over her shoulder. Glancing back to Freyd, "Stop terrorizing the poor girl. We want her to stay." It was clear that Freya was listening from the kitchen... Walking out those large doors. She took time from Gaius to be here. Eruda felt a little bad, but she would enjoy the meal regardless. Eruda would have to thank her later. "Sorry about her. Freya is a very busy person." Eruda looks to the meal that was created, it was beautifully made... How did she get this done in so little time... Freya continues to surprise her.

"Wait.  Whut?  No, no, no.  We don't make promises about regrets.  Regrets just happen.  Let's limit how much fate we try to change in a week, m'kay?  My head's still spinning from the last time!"  Freyd groaned dramatically and pressed the ball of his right palm to his forehead.  "Can we at least mitigate it to mostly no regrets?  You seem like a really nice person, Rebekah, but I don't want to overpromise here."

Freya took her parting shot, as fully expected.  

"Who's terrorizing?  Monkey guts build character!  She got off a hell of a lot lighter than I did the first time I faced the thing."  Face blanching and left eye twitching slightly, Freyd grasped both arms of his chair for stability.

"Azure Brigade, Azure Brigade.... I know that name." Craning around, he glanced at his own shadow.  "Why do I know that name?"

A shrug and a shift and he was back to slouching in his chair again.

"Seven years is a heck of a long time, but you looked capable enough to me.  Glad to have you aboard!  Please, feel free to wander about and explore the grounds.  We ask only that you respect the privacy of those who request it.  Also, not an urgent thing, but you should know that the guild is grouped into four divisions: Vanguard being the tanks, Assault being most of our damage dealers, Provisional being crafters and gathers and Operation & Intelligence.  We're the spooks, scouts and healers of the bunch.  Figure out where you think you'll fit best and let us know."

Tilting back to let his feet drop back to the floor and leaning in to tackle the mound of food Freya had brought them, Freyd urged his companions to do the same.

"Mmmmm... and when you're ready, let the rest of us know.  We can walk you through just about any quest in the Tower, with a bit of notice."

She took a look at the meal that Freya had made them. As she lifted her knife and began to cut the meat, it was like cutting butter. That was her telltale sign of very tender piece of red meat. It tasted delicious as it looked, which was expected from one of the top chefs in the guild. Rebekah managed to say good bye to Freya before she left. She needed to meet her one day, as she would like to improve her cooking skills from one of the top chefs.

Rebekah was also very grateful for Eruda being here. She was not sure how the atmosphere would have been if she was still talking with Freyd. She was unable to get a solid read on his behaviour in their previous conversation.

Rebekah was still not sure if Freyd was exaggerating about his previous encounter with the Monkey. Personally, she did not think the boss was too difficult. If Rebekah had really wanted to, she could have attempted to fight by herself. But she was looking forward to meeting members of the guild, and she hoped that at least one other player was interested in learning the brand new skill.

As she listened to Freyd describe about the different sectors of the guild. Rebekah thought about a minute. She was not built to be a tank, but she was also barely strong enough to be part of the assault division. Her long term goal of her return was to return to the frontlines as a damage dealer. The new update had wreaked havoc on her equipment, and she has not had the time to upgrade into stronger equipment. Her current equipment had maxed out at perfect tier. "I do not think I am strong enough yet, but I would like to be part of the assault division."

She continued, "Thank you for your help today with learning a new skill." She was grateful for their help, as she learned another new sword art. "I am slowly easing back into things, but I will take you up on the offer, with enough advance notice."

There was one thing that was on her mind, "Since I was away for a very long time, I am interested in finding out more about the history of this guild."

My head's still spinning from the last time

I loved you Eruda, I always have, and I always will
            I would have given you everything I had

I can't live without you. I wasn't living without you.

Eruda kept that smile on her face, a chuckle with the conversation. Freyd was so right though, that day was... It was so special... Like a dream that came true in an instant, too good to be true. Eruda was now waiting for that other shoe to drop. Like everything that she ever wanted was just going to be ripped from her in one swoop. It was the weirdest feeling, fate worked in mysterious ways. Something amazing happens, but then something horrible happens in its place. Nothing is always just black and white in most cases. Only time would truly tell if it was going to last. Eruda was not going to let those thoughts get in the way of what made her happy. That window that she was mentioning to Raidou, it was finally here and she would spend any time she was able to get, to explore this new side of Raidou now that those chains have been broken.

"Hmm assault division, well then you will be seeing a lot of Freya. She truly is a wild one." That smile was kept on her face as her mind rushed around. It wasn't that she was scared, Eruda was just waiting. Whatever happens, will happen...

"Assault.  Good choice.  They're a good bunch.  Gaius took over as their interim captain when Haine stepped down.  Feel free to reach out to him for advice."  Freyd's dark sense of humour was getting the better of him again.  Responsibility wasn't Gaius' strong suit, but the man had matured quite a bit, of late.  Something told him that he might make a fair captain, if he wasn't allowed to shirk the role.  Sending a new recruit his way might do just the trick.

"Raidou leads the vanguard.  Kiluia is still in charge of Provisional, I believe, and yours truly looks after O&I, but don't tell anyone or Setsuna may try to kill you.  These aren't truly ranks, though.  More like assumed responsibilities.  Feel free to reach out to any member of the guild at any time.  We work to help each other out in whatever capacity is required."

Digging in, Freyd's eyes went wide at the flavours, clearly agreeing with Rebekah's assessment, but he felt it necessary to keep it to himself, lest he ego swell and blow the blonde right off her.

"Name the place and time.  If your goal is to rejoin the front lines, then we will make that happen."

Gaius. She would have to remember that name. After all, if she is planning on joining the assault division of the guild, that was who she would have to report to. Rebekah was recalling if she have ever met a Gaius before. His name did not sound familiar. She was definitely planning on reporting to him shortly, after she gets settled in the guild. She does have a few questions on equipment. One step at a time, she told herself. She was trying to retain all the information she was being thrown her way. It would take sometime before she would be able to process everything that she was told.

She had not met the other members of the guild just yet, but she was looking forward to meeting them. Kilua. The name sound very familiar, but she could not recall where she had met him before, or if she ever did. They were finally finishing up the delicious meal that Freya had made them today.

"Thank you again for your help today. I look forward to meeting the rest of the members of the guild." She said.

Eruda would have said more, but Freyd had pretty much covered it all. Firm Anima had been on a huge growth spree and now Rebekah was part of that. Eruda would make her feel as welcome as she could and help where it was needed. They all finish their meals and one by one they start to separate. Staying behind to do the dishes that were created. Eruda knew that her sister would get to it eventually, but she was trying to help out more around the guild. Eruda had been so distracted with other things as of late. 

Drying her hands and gathering her things again, the day was not over. There was more that had to be done, and she couldn't just sit around and drown in her thoughts. Eruda had to keep herself busy. Heading to floor 1 with her wolf in toe, the mobs needed to get their daily clear. Mainly so that new players that showed up and starting level wouldn't have such issues or get overwhelmed with the amount of mobs around them. Thinning out the crowd, but leaving enough would be the best course of action, at least that is what Eruda would believe. This way, there was less of a chance for them to die. 

Quest Complete:
Kodo 1.jpg

5749/30=191*5=958

Rebekah:
958*4=3832+1000=4832 Exp (Quest complete first time, Word Count)
400 Col (1 Page)
<<Shatter> Ability Unlocked (Tech-D)
Monkey Agility (Uncommon Consumable [potion]): Evasion by 1. Lasts for one thread.

Eruda:
958*9=8622+1000=9622 Exp (Quest complete first time, Word Count)
9622*.15=1443 Col (Laurel Wreath)
<<Shatter> Ability Unlocked (Tech-D)
Monkey Agility (Uncommon Consumable [potion]): Evasion by 1. Lasts for one thread.

Freyd:
958*14= 13412 Exp
13412*.15=2011 Col (Laurel Wreath)
Monkey Agility (Uncommon Consumable [potion]): Evasion by 1. Lasts for one thread.