[F3-PP] Off to... Who Knows Where? (Searching for Hoya)

Digging through the dirt, it has taken him this long to figure out that he wasn't liked in the towns very much. Even though all he stole was a ship and a few other things for it with Celeste, they still think that he is the worst guy in the world given his icon. They are all so judgy, but it gives Lium a reason to explore the outdoors more. 

Starting to walk almost aimlessly, he finds himself at the main town on floor 3. Thinking how good it would be if he was able to start taking quests again. At the start he really didn't care for them. It wasn't until he couldn't take them that he realized he missed that green icon. No matter, he didn't regret how he got it. Lium has had the time of his life with Celeste. When you got to know her, she was actually a pretty cool person. Lium would sigh as he stands outside the gates, staring at the quest board waiting for someone, anyone to take something from it, maybe they would let him join if he begged...

Using Mega Slime Farm

Freyd offers and takes one share of: Gugnir’s Shard (Untradeable/Unique/Reusable Consumable): Crème Brûlée Tray | ACC 2 | Feast (3/6) + Filled

Lium | HP: 260/260 | EN: 44/44 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 12 | ACC: 4

Spoiler

Lium,
Level: 13
Paragon Level: 0
HP: 260/260
EN: 44/44

Stats:
Damage: 16
Mitigation: 12
Accuracy: 4

Equipped Gear:
Weapon:
Armor:
Misc:

Skills:
Martial Arts R5
Cloth Armor R3

Addons:
Ferocity
Precision

Battle Ready Inventory:
3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP) x1

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Edited by Lium

"Please tell me that thing is temporary."  How long had Freyd been sitting there, watching him?  The man had an annoying habit of just showing up out of the blue, or, perhaps more accurately, the black.  The Whisper was leaning against a hitching post, his chin resting on a hand as pitch as night, propped up on his elbow and carrying an almost bored expression on his face.  

"You know that, if I were a bad person, you'd be a smear on the ground now, right?"  A finger flicked in the direction of the orange icon spinning and glaring at him from over Lium's head.  "Seriously.  Being this close to any town with your immoral high beams on is a sure way to get ganked.  And what would I tell Sam?  Sorry, he must have really wanted that pirate hat - which looks stunning on you, by the way - but the guards turned him into pixel paste the moment they laid eyes on him."  One brow arched even as his lips pursed on the verge of a grimace.

"I'd somehow end up getting blames for not stopping you, which would end up devolving into a longwinded conversation about my superior fashion sense.  Wearing black, she'd have to agree."

Confusion dawned as he sought to recall how he'd ended up on this topic in the first place.

"Yeah... so... nice hat.  You must be here for the Hoya, or something, because there is literally nothing else to do on this floor, except to get captured by Bandits."

He looked bored again, realized it, then started typing.

To: Eruda

Eruda.  I'm almost out of honey cakes.  Need more.  This is a trap.

I know that it's Freya's job, but she's getting all gooey with Gaius right now.

Plus, I summoned the cake spirit.  By the old magic, you must abide.

Stop arguing with your HUD.  Just do it.  Hoya.  Floor 3.  Bring crystal batteries.  Lium's is on the fritz.

Also, bring the green-haired kid.  Komodo...or something.

Freyd offers and takes one share of: Gugnir’s Shard (Untradeable/Unique/Reusable Consumable): Crème Brûlée Tray | ACC 2 | Feast (5/6) + Filled

Freyd | HP: 1100/1100 | EN: 144/144 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 78 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 7 | BH: 60 | LD: 5 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | REC: 8

Full Stats:

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadow
Level: 32
Paragon Level: 108
HP: 1100/1100
EN: 144/144

Stats:
Damage: 24
Mitigation: 78
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 4 (+2+1)
Battle Healing: 60
Loot Dice: 5
FLN: 16
HLY: 16
REC: 8

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Samael's Pride (T4 MA | HLY 2 | FLN 2)
Armor: Fallen Angel Garb (T4 LA | Mit 2 | Rec 2)
Misc: Fight O'er Flight (T4 Trinket - ACC 2 | EVA 2)

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Martial Arts R5
Battle Healing R5
Light Armor R5
Searching R4
Charge
Energist
Quick Change
Extended Mod Limit

Active Mods:
Night Vision
Tracking
Meticulous
Untraceable
Vanish
Surprise Attack (Assassin)

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Ferocity
Precision
Resolve
Reveal
Stamina

Active Extra Skills:
Disguise
Survival
Forgotten King’s Authority
Hiding R5

Inactive Extra Skills:
Meditation
Brawler
Photosynthesize

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals x7
Mass HP Rec [Inst] (+30*T HP) x7
Mass HP Rec [Inst] (+30*T HP) x7
Crystal of Divine Light (Reusable) x1
Rhino's Horn (Reusable) x1
Hmr.Pk: The Thing Behind All Lies (T4 Demonic WH, AA, Blight, Static, Para.Ven (Off)) x1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:

Shadowed figures of Firm Anima standing around her, fighting like their lives depended on it. A turn to her right as Freya gets stabbed and falls to the ground, Eruda screams but no words could be heard. A sift clash of a sword against her shield. Pushing it back as another slices her side. A yell as Raidou comes into view and wipes out the crowd, placing a hand on her shoulder... Saying something, but nothing could be heard still. Looking back to Freya with tears in her eyes as Gaius picks Freya up. Griswold charges in and wrecks that crowd of humanoids. That feeling...

Eruda's eyes flash open from the chime of her HUD going off. Sweet drips down her forehead... "What the hell was that..." a hand to her head feeling it wet... Her heart was racing as her chest feel tight. Opening her HUD, it was Freyd. Glancing around at her surroundings, she realized that she fell asleep in her chair at the guild hall again. Taking a deep breath as honey buns fill her nose. When was Freya here... Getting up from her chair to head to the kitchen, there was a plate of bun laying on the counter. Hovering her hand over them, they were still warm. Freya must of just left. They was a note sitting next to the plate.

Please bring these to Freyd. I know that you have been hanging with him a lot as of late. Please tell him I am sorry. I just really need to be with Gaius right now. I hope you understand.

Love <3,
Freya

Eruda just smiles and places the note in her pocket.  Eruda didn't really know what that dream meant, or why it was now that she was having them. Unsure what to make of it. Setting the rolls in a bag, she walks out of the kitchen and sees Kodo walk through the doors. "Oh perfect, your coming with me." Realizing right then that they have not officially met yet. Eruda gives him a smile, "I am sorry, I am Eruda. Freyd has asked me to bring you along." Kodo says nothing, just give Eruda a nod. 

They both travel to floor 3 like Freyd wanted and sees Freyd and Lium who was standing outside the gates. Looking at his icon because Eruda could only think of one reason why. Eruda just rolls her eyes, takes a bun out of the bag and throws one at Freyd. Instant reaction he turns and bobs his head, catching it in his mouth. Eruda chuckles, and wonders why this would be a trap. Eventually she would find out...

Freyd offers and takes one share of: Gugnir’s Shard (Untradeable/Unique/Reusable Consumable): Crème Brûlée Tray | ACC 2 | Feast (4/6)

Eruda | HP: 900/900 | EN: 102/102 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 179 | ACC: 2 | | BH: 49 | LD: 4 | BRN: 56 | BRN IMMUNE | FL. AURA: 16 | FL. THRN: 8 | REC: 8 | TAUNT | THRNS: 72

Spoiler

Eruda, The Blazing Lily
Level: 32
Paragon Level: 51
HP: 900/900
EN: 102/102

Stats:
Damage: 8
Mitigation: 179
ACC: 2
Battle Healing: 49
Loot Dice: 4
BRN: 56
BRN IMMUNE
FL. AURA: 16
FL. THRN: 8
REC: 8
TAUNT
THRNS: 72

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Consuming Pyre - Surt T4: (Burn 2, Taunt)
Armor: Reinforced Plate - Lily T4 Demonic: Flame Aura 2, Flameproof, Recovery 1
Misc: Stalwart Defender T4 Demonic: (Thorns 2, Recovery 1, Flame Thorns 1)

Skills:
Curved Sword R5
Heavy Armor R5
Battle Healing R5
Fighting Spirit
Howl
Searching R4

Active Mods:
Night Vision
Tracking

Addons:
Iron Skin
Focus
Rampart
Stamina

Active Extra Skills:
Block R5
Concentration
Survival

Housing Buffs:

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Following behind Eruda, he had not been doing much before this. Kodo was still getting a feel for everything around him that seemed so old yet new in the same perspective. Knowing that he was too low level to do much right now, he would have been waiting to hear something from Freyd. After that day, it was a hit to reality. Trying to get his sister out of his head without forgetting all the good memories, it was hard to do for Kodo. He knew that his sister was gone, but it didn't feel that way. Not hearing her voice for a while, still unsure if it was real or something that his brain had mustered up in a panic to keep him from going insane. Trying to cope, but he was unsure how that was working and he wasn't sure how to deal with that feeling. So far Freyd was the only one that actually tried to get to know him, everyone else would just walk past him like he wasn't there. Similar to what was going on when he was set in the state of mind. Kodo remembers seeing people walk by him, but said nothing... 

Joining the group shaking his head, as he peers at the boys icon... A glare could be seen... Kodo would just stand there watching the man with the weird pirate hat unsure what to make of him or any of them for that matter. 

Kodo | HP: 60/60 | EN: 24/24 | DMG: 1

Spoiler

Kodo,
Level: 3
Paragon Level: 0
HP: 60/60
EN: 24/24

Stats:
Damage: 1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon:
Armor:
Misc:

Battle Ready Inventory:
3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP) x1

Lium just laughs at the fact that the topic or point that Freyd was trying to get at took a weird turn. "I do not regret a thing, maybe a little sad that I can't take quests right now, but that is why I have you," saying this with a smirk. "I have been rather enjoying Celeste company." Glancing to Eruda who throws that roll playfully at Freyd. Clapping his hands as one is tossed toward him as well. It bounces in his grasp, but Lium manages to catch it barely. Taking a bite of it and his eyes just go wide. "Dis is rerry ood," saying with is mouth full. A deep swallow, "Who the hell made these and where do I get more." Glancing to Freyd then to Eruda. Lium catches the new person staring at him. "Ask your questions, I have no secrets. This old thing," he points to the icon above his head before continuing, "I stole my home and the things for it. Nothing more..." He could see a guard from inside the small town start to eye him specifically. "Welp, time to go groupies. A share of that quest would be nice Freyd is you would." The man rushes the other direction as a blip pops up for invites for the group. Accepting it as he stuffs the rest of the roll in his mouth, he seemed to be having a hard time chewing, but it was just sooo good... 

"Mmmm... twanks!"  Devouring the entire cake in one ravenous bite, Freyd promptly greeted the others and extended them party invites.  The Hoya quest was then shared for Lium's benefit, Freyd's eyes lingering on the boy who seemed to have no understanding of the consequences barreling towards him for the sake of of pilfering a few trinkets.  That he could so casually brand himself with the mark of his former captors was disturbing, and frankly disappointing.  What would Sam say about it, he wondered?

"Eruda and I are celebrating, after a fashion.  It was during my very first foray into the labyrinth near the Forest of Wavering Mists that she, Raidou and I first met."  Their gazes met.  He wondered whether she had even remembered.  "There is an item here that I rarely bother with, but seems most appropriate for us to obtain.  If you're all willing, we'll get in some training in the process."

It was only then that Freyd noticed Kodo's bare hands.  Sizing the man up and down, he knelt and reached down into his own shadow on the ground, pulling up a curved, silver blade with matching scabbard.

"Take this," he told the man.  "Use it.  Stay alive.  For her."

Freyd gives Kodo:

Dreams of the Sublime +2 | T1 Perfect 1hCS | DMG, Holy, Para Ven. (Off)
Acquisition ID [195501b] | Roll ID: 196189, 196190, 196191 | Reroll IDs: 196192, 196193
A silver blade filigreed to appear as a single feather from an angel's wing, and set within a golden grip wrapped in arctic white linen that will never tarnish. It is said to deliver a most sublime bliss by its bite, granting its victims a momentary glimpse of perfection, as each would define it for themselves.

"Actually," saying as she swallows, she too was munching on the bun. "It was worn out welcome that we met. Hoya was just an hour after. Same day so I guess your partially right," a playful grin was given toward Freyd. Regardless, those days were over. Ones that would always be with her, when she started to move forward with her fears. "That stutter I had was pretty bad. I am so glad that is over with," a weird look appears on her face as she remembered how bad it really was. Eruda also recalls that pendant that Raidou tossed to her that day. You could see Eruda's face turn red at this point. Seeing Lium race off and a sword being handed to Kodo, she begins to walk with the group. 

Not knowing was Kodo or Lium have done, "Stay close you two. Even though this quest seems easy you two are still lower in the levels. I will not allow that recklessness from either of you. I have dealt with is far to many times to deal with it now," looking to Kodo with the up most seriousness. Then to Lium, she didn't know what he had been up to with Celeste, it could go either way. A glance to Freyd, she had a feeling that he knew exactly who she was talking about. Eruda still was unsure what her was up to, but given the quest and the random invite, and the event that just transpired with Eruda and Rai... Eruda had a pretty good idea about what this was about... Unsure how to feel about it, they all walk into the maze.

It was familiar, "We will be going after both today," Eruda didn't really care that Freyd was the one to grab the quest or send out the invites. If she was here, she was going to lead. Eruda had been through these training sessions enough to know exactly what she was doing, and it showed. Larbrook had joined their group after a short conversation, as they continued through.

After a little bit of traveling through this maze, Eruda would stop, close her eyes and focus. Unsure how it worked really, she was winging it for the time being. Eruda would focus on the one creature she fought last time and the minute her eyes opened, the path was clear and set. "This way guys," as she started to walk deeper into the maze.

Using Tracking on Kantaras, the Eastern Hoya Minotaur

A coy smile and non-committal gaze.  Of course he was up to something.  He was always up to something.  It kept life entertaining.  Otherwise, he'd be up to his eyeballs reading reports and living a vicarious life vicariously.  Something, something, 16 walls.  Content to let Eruda take the lead, he only smirked when she corrected him about the order of the quests on their meeting day.  He'd honestly forgotten about Worn Out Welcome, because she's hardly said a word through that entire encounter.  Now, here she was fearless and confident as she led three other warriors against th every same foes.  Symbolic.

"Don't worry," Freyd added, reassuring his male counterparts.  "We could hardly be in better hands."

Seeing the direction in which Eruda turned, Freyd cast his gaze into the shadows, seeking the enemy's twin.  There would be no surprise ambush or pincer movements.  He was onto the Hoya's little tricks and would be waiting, fists clenched and ready for battle.

Freyd uses Tracking on Govarron, the Western Hoya Minotaur

Pushing her back against the wall for a moment to look back at the group. Talking to specifically Kodo, "Pointy side forward, I will get his attention. That will be your cue to attack," -No risks- Eruda thought to herself as she looks at the other two with the up most serious expression. Even something as easy as could go horribly wrong. Pulling out her sword and shield, walks around the corner. You can hear a huge roar from behind the walls. The next thing you hear in metal against metal as Eruda drags her blade against her shield, igniting those blue flames. You could feel the heat from around the corner as you hear a battle cry outburst from her diaphragm. Those flames hit every wall around her, sizzling, including the one right next to the others. Another almost growl this time from the creature as all it could see now was fire and the one person in it... "NOW" Eruda would call out as she pulls her shield up.

Eruda didn't know why Freyd brought her here, and the thought kept crossing her mind that it was about marriage. There was only one problem with that, Raidou would have to make that first move. Eruda has been chasing him for oh so long and to most it would seem desperate, but to Eruda it was more than that. She hated seeing him in pain and she wanted Raidou to be happy. Now that he seemed to be from that last instance, she had him. Eruda had no clue where this was going to lead or how long it was going to take. The one thing Eruda knew was that she didn't want to push Raidou anymore. No matter what, she would wait for him. Eruda wanted it so bad, the question was, what did Raidou want...

Eruda seemed to stay focused on the task at hand though...

Eruda uses Howl -2 EN

Players:
Eruda | HP: 900/900 | EN: 100/102 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 179 | ACC: 2 | | BH: 49 | LD: 4 | BRN: 56 | BRN IMMUNE | FL. AURA: 16 | FL. THRN: 8 | REC: 8 | TAUNT | THRNS: 72
Freyd | HP: 1100/1100 | EN: 144/144 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 78 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 7 | BH: 60 | LD: 5 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | REC: 8
Kodo | HP: 60/60 | EN: 24/24 | DMG: 1 (Temp until he equips the new weapon)

Enemy:
[4,0,0,0] Kantaras, the Eastern Hoya Minotaur | 150/150 | DMG: 45 | ACC: 1

Lium watches the fire ball land on the wall beside them. Glancing Kodo with a smirk, "That is our tank, the flames won't hurt us, them on the other hand." Lium chuckles as he glances around the corner to the blond. Feeling that heat but nothing more. "Watch and learn little boy," he didn't know how old the green haired boy was but he was a newbie. Celeste had showed him a few things and he was ready to show off a little. Rushing into the fray, Lium pulls his hand back and into a fist. The large dude was aimed for Eruda, distraction. Running and sliding in front of the blond, his fist was glowing bright purple. Taking a deep breath and releasing that energy, it makes contact right to the chest. The creature was sent flying back and crashing through the wall behind it. If you watched carefully you could see it switch a little, right before it burst into nothing... "Success," Lium raises his hand above his head with a joyful smile. Looking behind him to the rest of the group who was just staring at him... "What, Celeste is a good teacher. Thanks for that by the way Freyd," saying with a smirk. "Okay whats next, I am so ready to smear that one too." Lium knows that he had got stronger but that was something else, a shock to even him.

Using [x12] TECH-A [-12 EN]
ID:204199 | BD:10, CD: 7, CRIT+2 Using [x12] TECH-A vs.  Dealing 216 DMG, [Stunned] applied

Players:
Eruda | HP: 900/900 | EN: 100/102 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 179 | ACC: 2 | | BH: 49 | LD: 4 | BRN: 56 | BRN IMMUNE | FL. AURA: 16 | FL. THRN: 8 | REC: 8 | TAUNT | THRNS: 72
Freyd | HP: 1100/1100 | EN: 144/144 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 78 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 7 | BH: 60 | LD: 5 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | REC: 8
Kodo | HP: 60/60 | EN: 24/24 | DMG: 1 (Temp until he equips the new weapon)

Enemy:
[4,2,0,0] Kantaras, the Eastern Hoya Minotaur | 150/150 | DMG: 45 | ACC: 1

Edited by Lium

Kodo stands there staring at that sword in his hands. His heart sunk and his chest tightens. Kodo's memory floods back to that day. Everything around him was just noise, just like before when he was sitting in that ally way. Kodo's hand starts to shake as the memory of that sword plunging into his sister's stomach. To everyone else they would see tears from the wide eyes. "I can't,' saying dropping that sword on the ground. Backing against that wall as he just stares at the blade. "Kodo," hearing someone muffling something, but he couldn't hear it. "Kodo..." but still nothing...

Lium looks to Kodo with excitement, but then an even face. Lium has seen that look before, it was one that he wore for so long. Staring into that mirror, remembers thinking what else he could have done to save those friends of his. Lium had not a clue what Kodo saw, but that blank stare that he had was all too familiar. Walking to the man and placing a hand against Kodo's chest, pushing him against that wall. "Kodo," not response. Lium pats the dude on the cheek a few times, "Hey Kodo," finally the man looks up with those sorrows wet eyes. "Good, tell me. Would she want you being like this," Lium had heard Freyd say she and by Kodo's reaction right now, he would only assume that it was one in the same. Kodo just shakes his head slowly. "Then fight, fight with every bone in your body. If you can't for yourself, then do it for her. FIGHT for HER Kodo." Liums words were a solid tone, but you could hear a mix of determination and passion within them. 

Kodo takes an inhale of breath like he was trying to catch it. Lium removes his hand slowly to gage his reaction. Kodo looks to the sword again, wipes his sleeve against his eyes. "Okay," is all Kodo says before grabbing that blade in his grasp once more, waiting for the others to lead the way.

New Stat Block:
Kodo | HP: 60/60 | EN: 24/24 | DMG: 2 | HLY: 2 (9-10 | P.V.O (8-10)

Freyd gives Kodo:
Kodo Equips this:

Dreams of the Sublime +2 | T1 Perfect 1hCS | DMG, Holy, Para Ven. (Off)
Acquisition ID [195501b] | Roll ID: 196189, 196190, 196191 | Reroll IDs: 196192, 196193
A silver blade filigreed to appear as a single feather from an angel's wing, and set within a golden grip wrapped in arctic white linen that will never tarnish. It is said to deliver a most sublime bliss by its bite, granting its victims a momentary glimpse of perfection, as each would define it for themselves.

Edited by Kodo

Spidey senses tingling, Freyd whirled and kicked high, catching the second minotaur in the chin.  Head flying up and backwards, Govarron flailed failingly for purchase, his attempt to sneak up on the intruders having flopped just as he did, on his backside.  Pressing his advantage, Freyd lunged and smashed a fist into the beast-man's elbow, the force of the hit causing his hand to jerk open and wicked, giant axe to fall free.  The wooden haft landed with a heavy thud, followed by the ringing clanging of metal on stone as the axe head made contact.  He'd left the mob stunned and disarmed.

"NOW!"

An order and call to Kodo and Lium to finish the job.  A test to see whether they could and to what effect, revealing part of his plans within plans thinly concealed beneath a party invite.  Eruda would see through it, or she should, but it was not the fulsome meaning of his intent.  With the Whisper, there was always more.

Kodo had never actually used any type of weapon before. The mere effect that it was doing to him though, Lium walks to the beast. A bit nervous that it was going to get up and dice his ass. Kodo's chest was pounding a million miles per second, was this what being scared felt like. Looking back at the group, Lium stuck a thumb out with a grin. Taking a deep breath, he still didn't know these people. How could he trust who he didn't know. This thing could probably one shot him if given the chance. Sweat starts to drip down his forehead as he got closer to the giant thing. One small foot fall at a time. That large hoofed foot near him now, Kodo quickly plunges at it. A roar of annoyance from the creature as it starts to get up. Those huge eyes staring directly at him, Kodo began to back away nervously. That Giant Axe raises into the air and starts toward him. Closing his eyes tight as he hears metal against metal. Heat rose on his skin, opening them slowly, seeing Eruda with her shield up. Forcing the large monster back with just a simple push. "That was good, but I believe you can do better Kodo," a smile was given to Kodo, as he takes a few step more away.

Using a Basic Attack -1 EN

ID:204216 | BD:7-1=6, CD: 8, HIT Using Basic Attack vs. Govarron, the Western Hoya Minotaur,  Dealing 2 DMG

Players:
Kodo | HP: 60/60 | EN: 23/24 | DMG: 2 | HLY: 2 (9-10 | P.V.O (8-10)
Lium | HP: 260/260 | EN: 32/44 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 12 | ACC: 4

Enemy:
[1,0,0,0] Govarron, the Western Hoya Minotaur | 148/150 | DMG: 45 | EVA: 1

Edited by Kodo

Lium runs into the fray and just when he pulls his hand back, the creature shifts slightly staring him down. The Axe swings down and Lium had to move or get smooshed. He would see Eruda right then bash the creature in the face with her shield, rearing back holding it's nose, dropping his weapon. Shaking his head as to get something off. Lium right then would glance around, trying to figure out what he could do to help since his attack didn't go through. "Hmm" Lium glances to the large things feet. Lium was kinda smallish and that thing was kinda bigish... This could work...

Lium quickly runs behind the Minotaur, gets down on all fours and burrows his face beneath his arms. Moments later it backs up just enough to trip backwards over Liums body. Slamming to his back, Lium swiftly gets to his feet with a smile. "It worked, I can't believe that worked. WAHOO," saying cheerfully as he gets into an almost defensive position staring the thing down who was struggling to get to it's feet now.

[x12] TECH-A (13 EN) -2 EN

ID:204217 | BD:2+4-1=5, CD: 5, MISS Using [x12] TECH-A vs. Govarron, the Western Hoya Minotaur

Players:
Kodo | HP: 60/60 | EN: 23/24 | DMG: 2 | HLY: 2 (9-10 | P.V.O (8-10)
Lium | HP: 260/260 | EN: 30/44 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 12 | ACC: 4

Enemy:
[1,0,0,0] Govarron, the Western Hoya Minotaur | 148/150 | DMG: 45 | EVA: 1

Edited by Lium

Missing wasn't an option.  If this thing got back to its feet and focused on Kodo, the outcome could be 'twinky-bad', as one of his old schoolmates used to say.  It was some sort of old movie reference, but he'd heard it so many times that it had gotten stuck, like long term ear worm, or something.  A flex of his fingers triggered the change, void instantly replaced by roiling purple-black clouds of dark energy that left contrails as he moved.  Briefly, his fractured forms of both hands were visible, looking like he'd dunked them in acid, then had them electrified for good measure.  It wasn't pretty, and vanished just as quickly as Freyd moved into action.

An airborne, overhead spin drove his heel squarely into the middle of the aged minotaur's torso, causing its eyes to bulge out in a cartoonish manner.  Even as strangely applied poison filled its veins, Freyd rolled and grabbed the mammoth creature by the wrist, his grip adamant with resolve.  His own shadow momentarily swelling in size, Freyd hauled the hoya's entire mass, heaving and throwing it against the nearest stone wall of the labyrinth like some sort of improvised crash test dummy, fracturing most of its front face and unleashing an electrical discharge that made its hairs stand on end.  Then, going for full Bam-bam effect, he peeled its flattened form off of that wall and flung it into the opposite face, where the entire mob simply exploded in a confetti-spaghetti-like mess of shiny sparkles.

No hint of anger had ever touched the Whisper's face.  His breathing was calm and controlled through the melee, brief though it may have been.  A glance back at the rest of the group.

"Is everyone alright?"

Spoiler

Post Action | AoE-I (x15 AoE, 11 EN, +2 AoE Shift, +2/hit,): 15 EN - (Rested 1/2; Stamina) = 12 EN. 
Free Action (Skill) | Quick Change (CD 0/3).  Replacing Samael's Pride with The Thing Behind All Lies.  Stats updated below.

ID #204218 | BD: 9 (Crit +1).  DMG (15*24=360).  Blight and Static applied, not that they matter.

Players:
Kodo | HP: 60/60 | EN: 23/24 | DMG: 2 | HLY: 2 (9-10 | P.V.O (8-10)
Lium | HP: 260/260 | EN: 30/44 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 12 | ACC: 4
Freyd | HP: 1100/1100 | EN: 122/144 (-12) | DMG: 24 | MIT: 78 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 8 (incl AA) | BH: 60 | LD: 5 | BLIGHT 32 | STATIC 40 | PV(O) | REC: 8
Eruda | HP: 900/900 | EN: 100/102 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 179 | ACC: 2 | | BH: 49 | LD: 4 | BRN: 56 | BRN IMMUNE | FL. AURA: 16 | FL. THRN: 8 | REC: 8 | TAUNT | THRNS: 72

Enemy:
[1,0,2,0] Govarron, the Western Hoya Minotaur | 0/150 | DMG: 45 | EVA: 1 (148-360)

"Of course we're fine," wrapping an arm around Kodo's shoulder. "For you first time kid you did great, I think I need to teach you a few things though." Turning his head to Freyd. "I have him, I think Eruda needs a little attention," pointing toward her. Eruda was just standing there staring at the pendent on the ground. Lium walks off with Kodo, it might take them a little time to get out of here, but for the most part, there was no other true danger. That was already taken care of. The large bruit NPC came with them, not saying a word, just helped guide them out. When they were out of earshot from the other 2, "I think you and I need to have a little chat. That look that reaction, I have been there. Let me tell you a little story." Lium has gotten better at handling what little issues he's had, thanks to a few select people. He has noticed the influx of people coming out from the dark and after assessing the situation, he offers the help whether they want it of not. Something about it just made him feel better about what happened in his past.

Hearing the conversation behind her, a little extra attention... That was an understatement. Reaching into her pocket, the same pendent as the one laying on the ground. The only difference was the color of the gem in the middle. The one Eruda was holding was a light blue like her flames, the one sitting on the ground was red... Time after time, these signs just keep popping up. Picking this one up off the dirt, Eruda holds them side by side. It almost pained her to know that Raidou had been gone for a couple days. It was his thing, he was still a busy man even after everything that just happened. Wrapping her fingers around both, she turns to Freyd. "Why did you bring me here. I have not seen him for days Freyd. I am not sure this is even an option..." Eruda knew how Raidou felt pure and simple, but she knew how busy he was, still was. Even if Freyd and Eruda had taken some of that burden off his back, it still felt like Raidou was being distant. Was it her... Eruda's eyes narrow back down to the pendants... You could see a hint of her eyes watering.

Freyd stepped next to her and intertwined the two trinkets in her hand, closing her fingers over them. 

"He loves you.  I have no doubts about that.  But he's spent his entire time in here forgetting what that means, and burying his feelings so deep beneath responsibility that it will take some time for them to surface and sort themselves out.  If we try to rush it along, he'll probably get the feels bends or something.  Whatever.  It won't be pretty."  A little humour went a long way and reminded him that he was still processing so much himself.

"We've opened the unopenable door, Eruda.  Trust him.  Give him the time a chance to think it through.  Raidou and I are very much alike.  I can imagine what he's dealing with, right now.  It's a lot.  This sort of thing isn't like flipping a switch.  Think of it more like allowing old scars to actually heal.  They take time... and lotion.  I recommend lots and lots of lotion.  And probably some sort of steamy, romantic holiday."  Old habits die hard.

"Start small.  Work from there."  He patted her closed hand with his. 

"You should keep those," he suggested with a smile, as if he'd been setting up this moment all along. 

"Have a little faith."

"I know but..." her words cut as she listens. Her heart was pounding a million miles a second. "I just..." another cut off. Eruda eyes squint in a small glare toward Freyd. Eruda understood what Freyd was saying, it did not make it any easier though. "I want to help it along, but I don't know how without crossing that boundary. Now that everything is finally okay, I am afraid that I am going to say the wrong thing or do something stupid." Around Raidou, that was a huge habit. Eruda's face turns 5 shades redder... "Freyd, for example, the other day right before the Morrighan thing," she pauses and looks down at the pendants.  "We almost did that thing..." taking a deep breath, trying to calm what she was feeling. "Rai stopped it, but I can't help to think that I pushed him too far." Her eyes met his again. "That is what I do. I either go too far or not enough. It's hard for me to find that in between." Biting her bottom lip as her eyes narrow to the ground and she places the pendants in a special pocket where she kept the other all this time. "The way I feel about him literally makes me crazy," she says this with a nervous chuckle. "I just don't want to overstep and mess everything up..."

"Look," he added, putting on his best older brother face.  "I say this with complete sincerity: you two really just need to have it out in the back of the guild hall one day, with absolutely no regard for who is listening."  With that, he gave her the 'you know I'm right face.  

"You both desperately need it, and it's getting to the point where the rest of us need you to just do it already."  Leaning against a nearby tree and casually crossing his arms, Freyd just laid it all on the line.  At first she thought that he was just mocking, but the look on his face never flinched or faded.

"It's as simple as this: you can twist yourself into knots about it, or you can let it go where it wants to go and see what happens.  The obstacles that existed before have been dealt with.  Push him.  Heck, manhandle the dude, if you need to.  But, please, stop handwringing about it, for your own sake.  It's not doing you any good."

An arched eyebrow and smirk dared her to say he was wrong.