[F27 - PP] A Return to Ronbaru

Nari felt the rage billowing inside of her as yet another of her attacks failed to connect with anything substantial on the elemental. Sure, it was made of air, but her companion had managed to strike something vital. All the while, all that Nari had been able to do was…swing wildly and miss everything. The frustration growing inside of her was pushing against her battle calmness – threatening to boil over and erupt like a flow of pure, unbridled hatred. At the elemental, at Cardinal, at everything.

Breathing deeply – now that she could – she forced the emotions back down, knowing that it would do her no good here. She needed to stay focused, concentrated on the task at hand. She needed to bring this things attention to her, somehow. Lining herself up again – knowing that it was likely pointless, she’d allowed NIGHT to do just about everything here, proving herself less than useful – she forced the sword art into her blade again, hoping to catch something this time as she tried to spear the centre of the creature’s form.

Spoiler

[0] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 10 | HP: 740/740 | EN: 86/86 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 1 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | FROSTBITE [30 DMG]
[3] NIGHT | HP: 1104/1104 | EN: 85/134 | DMG: 28 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 3 | LM: 2 | BLI: 32/-20MIT | BLD: 48 | FRB: 40/-1ACC | STC: 40/24 | TXV: 32 | LD: 9 | BH: 60 | [VANISH: 2/3] | [ST-B READY]

Air Elemental | HP: 784/2000 | DMG: 360 | MIT: 140 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | MD9/10: 400/440 + 240/340 DMG SPLASH | INCARCERATED | [DoTs: 320DMG (1/2)] [TXV: 64 (1/3)] STUNNED [STUN CD: 2/3]

Round Four
ID205735 | BD: 9 + 1 - 1 = 9 | <<Tech-D vs. Air Elemental>>
| The strike hits. Minor Crtitical hit. [+1 DMG] [-13 EN]
| (8 + 1) x 16 = 144 - 140 = 4 DMG
| Apply Freeze to 
Air Elemental [Frozen; -1 EVA; 48 DMG on next attack before Air Elemental's turn]
| Apply Frostbite to Air Elemental [30 DMG; -1 ACC 2 turns]

[2] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 10 | HP: 740/740 | EN: 73/86 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 1 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | FROSTBITE [30 DMG]
[3] NIGHT | HP: 1104/1104 | EN: 85/134 | DMG: 28 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 3 | LM: 2 | BLI: 32/-20MIT | BLD: 48 | FRB: 40/-1ACC | STC: 40/24 | TXV: 32 | LD: 9 | BH: 60 | [VANISH: 2/3] | [ST-B READY]

Air Elemental | HP: 780/2000 | DMG: 360 | MIT: 140 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 0 | MD9/10: 400/440 + 240/340 DMG SPLASH | INCARCERATED | [DoTs: 320DMG (1/2)] [TXV: 64 (1/3)] STUNNED [STUN CD: 2/3] | Frostbite [30 DMG: 0/2] | FROZEN

Spoiler

Word Count: 178

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice roll results
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps, after all of this, she would've remarked herself as careless. it wasn't as though the elemental seemed to be reacting, after all, so going in for the strike when it was at its most vulnerable -- that, and jack's persistence to want to drain it dead of life.

so came her swings. powerful, encompassing, each cardinal-imposed art was only a shiny distraction from when the construct forced the players backwards, unleashing its fury outwards in a terrifying roaring blow. like the whirlwind from before; and night tumbled over various rocks. the only reason she wasn't as safe as she could've been was from the cuts from the crystals in the room -- environmental damage.

the bar of their enemy was almost all black.

night fought to rise, her sword's tip on the ground to help. it bit into stone, just as she chewed on her lower lip, wondering if she should spend the extra effort in chasing its health down beyond negatives.

Spoiler

> POST ACTION: AOE-I

ID205733 | bd8 | -> Air Elemental

-15 +(2*1) +2+4 = -11EN

(28+1) * 15 = 435 DMG
435 - 140 = 295 DMG

> applying dots to stone elemental #2.
 | [DoTs: 160 *2 = 320 DMG (1/2)] [TXV: 32 * 2 = 64 (1/3)], -1 ACC, -20 MIT

ID205737 | md9 | -> NIGHT

oh uh wee. 
MD9/10: 400/440 + 240/340 DMG SPLASH

1104 - 440 = 664HP

240 - 147 = 93
740 - 93 = 647HP

[2] Nari-Lanreth | HP: 664/740 | EN: 85/86 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 1 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | FROSTBITE [30 DMG]
[5] NIGHT | HP: 647/1104 | EN: 74/134 | DMG: 28 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 3 | LM: 2 | BLI: 32/-20MIT | BLD: 48 | FRB: 40/-1ACC | STC: 40/24 | TXV: 32 | LD: 9 | BH: 60

Air Elemental | HP: 37/2000 | DMG: 360 | MIT: 140 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | MD9/10: 400/440 + 240/340 DMG SPLASH | INCARCERATED | [DoTs: 320DMG (1/2)] [TXV: 64 (1/3)]

The creature was on the brink of death, and all that Nari could think was that she wanted to end this thing. Not out of hatred, nor frustration – simply out of the chance to be done with it and have a moment to breath, to relax. She knew this had been one of her hardest fights yet – something she likely wouldn’t have survived without the help of her friend. But, for now, she wanted to just finish this and return, alive and well, to her nice warm house.

The desire drove her forward, allowing her feet to slide where they would’ve otherwise remained still. Allowing the shield to come up and brace the spear as it levelled out, preparing to push forward and impale the core of the creature. A single though passing through her mind – the image of the spear slicing the thing into nothingness.

Giving a small whisper of words, she drove the spear towards the creature, activating the sword skill and praying it would connect with the thing, and end the infernal winds. And yet…something caught her as she tried to rush forward, driving her attention from the strike that she wished so hard would be the last for today.

Spoiler

[2] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 10 | HP: 740/740 | EN: 77/86 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 1 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | FROSTBITE [30 DMG]
[5] NIGHT | HP: 647/1104 | EN: 74/134 | DMG: 28 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 3 | LM: 2 | BLI: 32/-20MIT | BLD: 48 | FRB: 40/-1ACC | STC: 40/24 | TXV: 32 | LD: 9 | BH: 60

Air Elemental | HP: 37/2000 | DMG: 360 | MIT: 140 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | MD9/10: 400/440 + 240/340 DMG SPLASH | INCARCERATED | [DoTs: 320DMG (1/2)] [TXV: 64 (1/3)]

Round Five
ID205738 | BD: 3 + 1 - 1 = 3 | <<RAW-A vs. Air Elemental>>
| The strike misses [-1 EN]

[2] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 10 | HP: 740/740 | EN: 76/86 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 1 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | FROSTBITE [30 DMG]

Spoiler

Word Count: 203

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice roll results

no. wasn't worth it.

she released the will on her blade before taking her own sweet pace towards the enemy. sure, for all of its fight, the elemental seemed hellbent on surviving, with as must gusto as it could muster avoiding the tip of nari's spear just as it dove towards its core once again. but night was done with those games.

not even a snap of her fingers. it wasn't worth the energy. the player half-heartedly looked around the room, hoping that there might be something else the dungeon would leave them that would be of interest. nothing in the vicinity seemed to catch her eye.

not even paying the boss any attention, she let the elemental decide on its own terms when to writhe, marble blackened, and disintegrate into pieces once the orb that possessed the winds fell. then, and only then, did night look back to her friend, trying to hide her annoyance for the truth behind the updated dungeons.

because they sure were irritating...

a shrug, and an offered somber smile. "we should get out of here. just a suggestion."

Spoiler

> POST ACTION: literally fucking nothing.

[2] Nari-Lanreth | Lv. 32 | P. 10 | HP: 740/740 | EN: 76/86 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 147 | ACC: 1 | REC: 8 | EVA: 0 | LD: 0 | STH: -5 | THORNS [72 DMG] | FROSTBITE [30 DMG]
[5] NIGHT | HP: 707/1104 | EN: 74/134 | DMG: 28 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 3 | LM: 2 | BLI: 32/-20MIT | BLD: 48 | FRB: 40/-1ACC | STC: 40/24 | TXV: 32 | LD: 9 | BH: 60

Air Elemental | HP: -347/2000 | DMG: 360 | MIT: 140 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | MD9/10: 400/440 + 240/340 DMG SPLASH | INCARCERATED | [DoTs: 320DMG (2/2)] [TXV: 64 (2/3)]

Nari’s eyes stared at the elemental as it burst into pieces, her annoyance at…well, everything, fresh on her face. The emotions had boiled up now that the fight was over, and as NIGHT suggested to leave the area, Nari could only muster up a single word in response. “Yeah.”

Turning and making her way back towards the entrance of the dungeon, she confirmed that the map had been monitoring their progress, before closing out the menu and thinking back on the absolute disaster that had been the adventure through the dungeon itself. She’d been near useless – something that she wasn’t pleased about, at all. She walked in silence as they retraced their steps, eventually making it back out into the freedom of open air – and perpetual night time.

“Sorry.” The only words she spoke as she came out into the night sky, her eyes still locked on the path ahead. Her shoulders had slumped slightly, and she could feel the scowl on her face as she trudged back towards the city, just wanting to get back to her house – and away from all this.

Spoiler

Word Count: 184

all that energy gone-- and who could blame her? night followed nari as she lead the duo out of the dungeon, watching her companion's back slumped over with all the burdens of being a front-line tank. at least she knew how far the woman could bend.

not that it was the most important detail to be taking note of at the moment.

“Sorry.”

and her hum back was light-hearted; more understanding than amusement. if there was a conflict within her about closing physical distance between people, this was one time she squashed it, a hand to nari's back in an attempt to comfort her companion. it was hard to look at someone once so joyful now sucked out of all their soul.

"you're being too hard on yourself," night observed, turning towards ronbaru in the distance. "it's only your first time in a dungeon. you can do better."

though, knowing that her words were likely not enough to sway the jury, she studied nari's expression carefully, considering.

"... i could fetch you dinner? if it helps. and the loot that we'd gotten for our troubles -- hey, you need looking at it more than i do."

night pulled her hand away, finally, if only because she didn't know what to do with it. "you don't need to fret over it so much."

She bit down on the response that had almost surged out, knowing that the words would’ve been hollow, spoken only in frustration and nothing more. Instead, she said what she truly felt, letting the emotions drift away, her voice sounding empty even to her own ears.

“First dungeon or not... I was useless. Less than useless. All that time preparing myself, and I’m still not ready.” Her eyes fell to the ground as she walked, her face lit with a mixture of frustration and contempt for herself. “One, maybe two times missing sure. That was what? One hit, the entire conflict. The entire dungeon. It’s… depressing. Dishonourable. Horrifying. How can I do anything useful if I can’t even hit something.”

She pulled up her menu, glancing over her stats again, trying to figure out what she could do to make herself better. More capable. There must’ve been something in her build that she had missed. Something that would give her the edge she needed. She just had to find it.

Her fingers scrolled almost frantically as she browsed through the stats, her inventory, everything – trying to find a solution to the problem that now stared her in the face.

Spoiler

Word Count: 199

"...you do remember that the goal of being a tank is to get hit instead, right?"

sure, by that metric, nari hadn't gotten that down right, either. gaining hate by attacking seemed to have its downfalls. she could only watch as the woman poured over her information, trying to find some flaw in the numbers.

night only narrowed her eyes, partially out of pity. and the part that perplexed her more was in trying to figure a distraction for her associate -- because it seemed like the easiest way for a better outcome. to calm down, return with a clear head, and review when perspectives were fresh.

she'd never been good at people. especially when they might've been at an all time low. with a breath, night took a risk with her eyes to the horizon. countless warm lights littered the darkness. the settlement.

the last time she'd decided to speak aloud, she was practically ignored with the woman beside her lost in thought. but night had little else to offer the woman otherwise. "if you're really intent on hitting things," night stated openly, with a half-hearted roll of her eyes, "then why not consider switching to a damage dealer instead? personal values aside, of course."

“I’ve considered it…but I don’t want to focus on DPS. I’m…I’m not trying to kill things. Just draw attention to myself and set it up for other players to take advantage of the debuffs…” Her response was spoken with a half-attentive tone, as she continued to pour over everything, trying to figure out what needed to be fixed. Changed. Whatever, in order to make her successful in her role. “I just need to figure out the whole…hitting. It’s never been this bad before. Never.”

Her eyes slipped up to NIGHT, walking beside her. She paused in her frantic scrolling, realising how wild she must have appeared. Her hand paused, the menu still open before her, a sudden apologetic look on her face as she came to understand how she must seem.

“Sorry…I just. I don’t…I need to figure this out, later.” A soft sigh and she closed the menu. “Thank you. For your help today. I wouldn’t have made it through without you – or, at least, not as easily. Although…likely not at all with that air elemental at the end. So, thank you.”

The sudden offer of dinner reached her mind, finally computing. “Oh. Dinner. I’d…love to, but…” The words drifted on the air as she seemed to hesitate, trying to figure out the best way to explain. She didn’t want to turn the girl down – not after everything she’d just done, but… “I was supposed to meet someone afterwards. Here, let me see if she can reschedule.”

A quick flash of the menu again, a hastily worded message, and she turned her attention back to NIGHT as she waited for the response, trying to figure out what to say. She didn’t like the growing silence, not after things had seemed to be going better. “You mentioned howl and fighting spirit…I think I’m going to do it. Grind for them, that is…I still want to focus on tanking – the tech skills are secondary, to help setup better situations for those of you who deal the damage. It’s just…frustrating when I can’t even do either well.”

Spoiler

Word Count: 345

she examined the woman closely. even further still on the stats she'd brought up close when walking beside night. after stealing a glance, she noticed an apparent lack of highlighted numbers. so it clicked right there and then.

unless they'd worn off earlier... but the misses had been occurring through the entire dungeon.

when it closed shut, night wondered when to explain it to her. they could spend the evening pouring over numbers -- that would be fine. but she didn't want to push nari through exhaustion further. and also, dinner with someone else? "don't let me get in your way," she clarified, holding up two open palms, "i'd mentioned fetching dinner in the first place because you looked some sad puppy who wasn't going to be bothered to move. --not that i care about you eating or anything."

she folded her arms. and then she spotted her entrance.

"you'll want to pair that with consumables. for any content you're unsure about --"

-- the woman did pause, if only to consider a lesson taught a long time before. then, adrift on thoughts, she looked to nari trying to consider her answer.

"for any content you'll want help with to enhance your performance." decidedly a better angle. a mix between excess and risky. "you should look out for player-made food that grants you benefits."

her fingers were already working through the menus to drop her own set of stats onto nari. decidedly, cardinal was want to give them more information that she would prefer to manage. "see? the numbers in these brackets." night gestured to them. "-- they're temporary. they might fade out the moment we get back into town."

she left the windows open for an extra few beats, before waving them off. "it's those, coupled with equipment and the skills i'd mentioned. and there are more ways to improve your accuracy beyond simply those, too. like..."

concentration.

but she left that hanging for a minute. night's eyes were on nari's messenger for a bit before her voice returned. "how's your friend doing?"

The sigh came out as the lecture had hit the midway point – she had been aware of the consumables, but she’d…well, she’d not bothered with them. She had them stowed away in her inventory – and a few on order as well, but it was something she had been saving for…well, for times when she’d need them. ‘Like fighting a giant air creature that you can’t hit and leaves you swinging like an idiot. Yeah, like those moments.’

The final question caught Nari off guard, and it took her a few breaths to not only register what was asked – but to realise an answer was expected. Her eyes drifted away from the girl – the menus she’d been staring at gone with the wave of a hand, leaving only the girl behind them.

“Uhm…friend…? What friend?” The question was so obviously an attempt at avoiding the topic, that she physically winced in response to her own words. Quickly following it up, she began digging her hole, hoping that she’d somehow dig it wide enough she could crawl out easily. “Oh. Uhm. You mean…Onóra? She’s…she’s good. We hadn’t planned dinner, it’s just…well…she lives in the estate. For now. And there’s only one kitchen. But it’s fine – she can just cook something up, if you want to grab something. I don’t have a curfew or anything.”

Where had that last part come from? Shaking her head, she gave NIGHT a sheepish smile, hoping that her awkwardness would somehow be overlook. On her shoulder, the fox gave a sigh that spoke to the failure in Nari’s composure – and likely a form of laughter at her own stupidity.

Spoiler

Word Count: 272

"w... who...?"

she just blinked owlishly at nari, as she tried to wrap her head around the situation. was that the reason why her friend had been busy with other players? night wasn't the social type, so she wasn't certain how the others she'd met would spend their time meeting new faces -- and she was certain most of them would shrug off outings with others as an exception to the traditional rule of solitude. koga was an example, and she'd hold it against him for that. now she wondered if she should've been justifying it with nari, too.

(though the irony of concern over having a tenant was, in the moment, completely lost on her.)

more importantly, she wasn't certain if she'd caught the housemate's name right.

"w-well," night pushed, with a wave of her hand, "i'd rather not be invading any personal time. curfew or not. what i'd wanted to talk about could always be revisited another day, anyway--"

and the player just wasn't sure how else to finish her sentence off.

Nari’s steps slowed, eventually coming to a stop as she tried to figure out the odd tone in her friend’s words. There was something there, she just couldn’t quite figure out what.

“You wanted to talk about something?” Her words were lilted in a tone of disbelief, as if she wasn’t sure she’d heard correctly. She cocked her head, looking at the girl for a moment before continuing. “Let’s go get something to eat, I want to hear what you have to say. And before you argue – it’s important to me, so just do me the favour and accept, please?”

She waited, less than patiently for NIGHT’S response. She was still uncertain what the girl could possibly want to talk about – maybe it was about her build, or her aspirations to assist in the front lines. Or maybe it was about wanting to tackle another quest together? ‘Whatever it is, it’s more time spent… don’t complain.’ She didn’t need the voice in her head telling her that, and as she waited a soft, shy smile spread across her face, the very tips of her ears reddening slightly – barely visible in the perpetual darkness.

Spoiler

Word Count: 193

"i-i mean..."

night winced. it felt as though she was making it seem like a bigger deal than initially thought. "we were talking about accuracy. and skills. and..." gritted teeth and a far-off look, as the player fought to find some semblance of the right words to say. the registration that it was supposed to be a big deal only struck her then, the weight of guilt and regret stuck in her throat. welling.

if she'd reacted to nari's words of concern, it was with a sheepish falter. with a shake of her head after some time to clear her thoughts, night finally returned a reply. "yeah. sure. dinner. ...didn't mean to trouble your housemate over it."

her palm worked at her face as she struggled to think of a place to visit. somewhere around ronbaru? she didn't know the place, and so looked to nari, earnest this time, with a tilt of her head. an agitated expression. "recommendations from the local? or shall we head off the floor?"

She had just opened her mouth to argue the rebuttals, when she realised that NIGHT had asked for recommendations on local eateries. Her mouth snapped shut, then opened slowly, then shut slowly again as she tried to process the lack of arguments, alongside trying to think up an answer.

“I… uhm, you know what? Let’s go somewhere you know, this time. I’m interested in seeing what other restaurants are available, and maybe learning more about your favourite places.” Her expression was thoughtful as she responded to the question, and her eyes roamed along NIGHT’s face as the girl seemed to try and… was she trying to hide her face? Nari wasn’t quite sure, but decided not to read much into it. “Even if it is just to go over my stats, I’d love to spend a bit more time together. Especially if it doesn’t involve me wildly swinging at air and making an embarrassing entertainment show out of myself.”

She added a smile to the tail end, hoping the other would catch the humour behind the words. She also wondered what sort of place NIGHT would choose for dinner. “Oh, and don’t worry about Onóra, she’s fairly used to this – she knows that with grinding and stuff, things come up. Besides… she’s probably busy making some new, fashionable something or other.”

Spoiler

Word Count: 221

her favorite places.

a phrase so foreign, for a moment, night had forgotten what she was troubled with. her eyes went from nari down to their hands. the familiar sensation, that desire of reaching out.

“Even if it is just to go over my stats, I’d love to spend a bit more time together."

likewise, she'd wanted to say, the word in limbo between her lips. it vanished, just as night's demeanor seemed to lighten for a spell, a soft scoff, making its way out her system instead. a tiny smile. "well, as long as your audience isn't complaining. and if you'd asked me, i've got no poor reviews to give, either."

the exchange was refreshing. and though her anxieties had been chased away for a time, the weight of their discussion -- and dinner -- sunk in when night wasn't looking. she was more focused on the mention of onora instead. "no... i get that."

"Besides… she’s probably busy making some new, fashionable something or other.”

"a tailor?" the player cocked her head, as she started to move her feet. "maybe i should stop by one day. the benefits of cloth armor and all." she let herself grin at the callback, though kept an eye out for her companion's reaction all the same.

her voice then dropped to a low volume, night's vision blurry through a misty gaze and fumbling fingers. "my favorite places, you said." she sighed, backed with the weight of embarrassment behind it. "i'll be honest, i don't really have a haunt i frequent."

"-- but i have stories," she continued, her front turning towards nari. "i just hope an adjacent's enough for your liking. does floor one sound good to you?"

"--and, no, i don't mean i'm taking you back to my place."

“Audience? Oh, you mean Onóra? No, she won’t complain. I have a feeling she enjoys having the estate to herself… the music is always cranked when I go to turn it on…” Nari wasn’t truly bothered by it – she did the same when it was just her there. Besides, what better way to enjoy…? “Oh, yeah. She’s an up and coming tailor. Really only does clothing right now… at least, for me. Maybe she does armour too, I’m not sure. I can ask?”

She was halfway to opening her menu when NIGHT made the final comment, causing Nari to stumble – barely catching her footing as she looked towards the girl, trying to figure out if it’d been a joke or not. It had to have been.

“I uh… hadn’t even considered the prospect. Seriously. Although now that you mention it… you do have a home, right? Not that I find someone else crashing at my place – I only have so many bedrooms, you know.” Her tone spoke of the humour behind the words, but she decided to throw in another beaming smile – just to make sure the girl knew she was joking. Mostly. Her estate really did only have so many rooms. But she could make do, if necessary. “And I’m not willing to give up my bed quite yet.

Spoiler

Word Count: 220

oh, it had definitely been a joke. and watching nari stumble only brightened her expression. perhaps she was having too much fun with the teasing.

well, it had always been bad form to throw rocks whilst living in a glass house.

night rounded the woman, walking backwards this time as she took the lead. a smile was still painted on her face. "of course i do. an estate on the first. it's a little ways from my shop, but i'm sure its address is of no importance to you." she only fell back into step with her friend once she was certain nari had regained her pacing. "with that amount of space in your lodgings, i'd figured you were trying to collect them all or something. and i'm sure onora's moving in was your doing?"

a jest. though she wondered if it would come off as one. the warm light of ronbaru was welcome as they'd finally crossed back into the safe zone, night huffing with a grin when nari made her remark of chastity. "i don't know what you're talking about."

“Oh that address very much is of concern to me…” She mumbled the words to herself before realising that the other girl could likely hear her as well. In an attempt to hide what she had said – or at least to turn the conversation away from acknowledging it, she quickly continued talking, her voice carrying an excitement to it. “I did not set up for her to move in. She just… spent a lot of time there. And so it meant sense for her to move in. Seeing as she doesn’t have a place of her own yet.”

“It is my doing. Damn it.” She added after a pause to consider the whole situation. Her expression was one of absolute shock, and as they passed through the gate into Ronbaru, she pulled up her menu – automatically storing the armour, shield and spear in favour of the violet turtleneck and black leggings. “Well. Still. She’s just a… roommate. Who lives for free. Shit.

She glared at NIGHT, her expression daring the other girl to laugh. It only lasted a few seconds though before she herself started giggling. With a twirl, she giggled out a response to her own situation. “At least I’m getting nice, custom made outfits out of it? That’s a win, right?”

Spoiler

Word Count: 213

"oh. so she spends a lot of her time at your house." and she folded her arms, barely able to help herself to a smirk. "i see how it is. and historians will write on about how you two are good friends and nothing more than that."

“It is my doing. Damn it.”

"mhm."

“Well. Still. She’s just a… roommate. Who lives for free. Shit.

her brows were raised just then, intrigue dawning on night's face. "oh, a roommate, you said. a roommate, so you clarified." she rolled her head around, eyes towards the horizon, barely making out the teleport plaza at the corner of her vision. "well okay. i see how it is. and of course, there's nothing about benefits written into the social contract either. and she's getting her own dinner tonight, too, because you have no curfew. i got it. right."

she could only laugh into the back of hand, releasing her grasp on her arm.

"next, you're going to tell me she's giving them to you for free," night continued, gesturing with her fingers. "and half her wardrobe to boot. don't worry, i'm sure that's a win in anyone else's book. you're fine. just dandy."