[OP-F1] Fading Reality

Fade had been lost in this world for what seemed like years, but it's only been a few weeks. She hadn't made a slightest of effort to try and join the upper ranks, because she thought she regretted everything for joining SAO. She joined hoping to have fun, for a new game, but instead, she joined for a survival challenge. This was the day, she had decided to try and work her way up to the higher ranks. She had decided it was time to take up the position as a tank in the world and that she tries to help clear the game with the fellow front liners that have been putting in a valiant effort to help everyone get out of this game.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fade, saw that a player had approached her. "Hey there, name's Fade. Sadly, I'm new here, well, new to trying to be social. I'm trying to be a tank. Preparing to join the front lines once I get up there in the levels haha." she says as she holds up a starter two handed sword. "However, I'm a unique tank, because I don't use heavy armor or a shield."

"I'm Fade, pleasure to meet you Clarence." She says as she shakes his hand. His grip was firm, she liked a guy with a firm grip, and a muscular build. She blushed, realizing that he didn't look to bad either. Either way, she wasn't here to find a partner, she just wanted to leave this game, however that's everyone else as well, and yet they always find a person to get close to.

Rain looked up from her slumber in the grass in these fields so close to the Town of Beginnings. Where was she? Oh, right, she was in the fields, having walked here heedless of the circumstances of stepping outside of a safe zone. Oh dear, what was she thinking when she fell asleep here? Nevertheless, she was grateful she had even woken up. Standing up, Rain looked around at her surroundings.

Grass, grass, and more grass. That was to be expected. Oh, but over there! Three blurred figures were in the distance, perhaps engrossed in conversation as she looked on from far, far away. From this distance, it didn't seem as if those people were dangerous- none of them looked to have the orange cursor of a player killer. Hesitating only briefly, Rain's avatar, whose name was SkyDove, ran towards the group of people.

As she drew closer, Rain slowed down, just to see two of the three persons shaking hands.

"I'm Fade, pleasure to meet you Clarence," she heard. Unsure of how to approach a blushing female and, oh, look, an orange player, Rain lingered off to the side awkwardly.

It was strange how the other person, whose name was Maker, tried to duck down and disappear, and failed, partially because there was nothing to disappear under in this wide-open field and that he had no hiding skill.

SkyDove, as her character was named in-game, looked at the orange player's hand, before reaching out to shake it. "Nice to meet you. My in-game name is SkyDove, and I presume your name is Clarence?"

The group was happy to continue their little circle jerk, even as the monster stepped out of the nearby brush, striding with murderous purpose across the field. Real strength in this world came from killing your enemy, not having friendly conversations and wasting the day on the First Floor. It sickened him, to see others who cared nothing for strength. And so he prepared his crossbow, his dark armor gleaming under the sun. Crawl little worms, death has come for you, so crawl away in your bellies in the dirt where you belong for Vile has come to cull the weak once again. Taking aim, Vile squeezed the firing lever, a smile baring his teeth beneath his dark helmet.

Battle Dice: 6 + 2 = 8 Success!

Damage: 3

Result: The heavy black bolt slammed into his target's shoulder, dealing hefty damage to the player who had been trying to roll in the grass. The paralyzing toxin smeared across the tip of the bolt went to work, paralyzing his target for 3 turns.

Fade: 5/5

Maker: 8/11 (Paralyzed 3/3 turns)

Skydove: 5/5

Clarence12: 29/29

Vile: ???/???

Daeron had been enjoying a while on the different floors. Finally, he had worked his way down to the first floor. The place where he had began. Daeron was walking around the first floor until he heard someone fighting. When he arrived, he saw that plenty of players were there fighting. Four versus one. The one was VILE! Daeron needed to talk to him, so he ran forward out of instinct with his weapon drawn. He ran at one of the four players and swung his weapon at the player that said The Maker above it.

Battle Dice: 1-8 = 2 Damage (Because of Paralyze), 9-10 = 3 Damage

Dice: 5+1 = 6

The sword cut across his chest, and he had no chance to block the hit either. The player was paralyzed and it was imminent he would die very soon.

Fade: 5/5

Maker: 6/11 (Paralyzed 3/3 turns)

Daeron: 37/37

Scorch: 30/30

"Wow Maker what the heck..." I sigh, watching Maker roll around in the grass. I detect something moving fast and I only have time to yell and drop to the ground ( at the same time) as an arrow strike Maker, causing him to be paralyzed."Maker! What the heck happened." I draw my dagger and look around, noticing a man named Vile out in the distance.Who is Vile? I think to myself as I Slowly stand up, cautious. I open up my HUD screen and message Miaki.

Who the heck is Vile! He just attacked a kid named Maker! Help!

I see Daeron and think he is going to help. I am about to say something but then Daeron cuts his stomach."Daeron!" I yell, trying to grab his arm.

Fade watched as two orange players had appeared in front of her. Player killers. Why did a fight have to break out in front of her when it's literally just the first time she had tried to train. She stopped in her tracks and stood there for a moment until she saw The Maker was attacked. He was paralyzed and she could do nothing. Although she was a kind person usually, she knew she wouldn't live if she went to fight. Instantly she turned around and began running back to town, hoping to avoid the entire situation.

'Oh this is fun isn't it " aria thought to her self as see watch the fable vile attack some player she had never meet well, dearon attack him and another dagger user ran into the fray. she was high up in a tree and in sneak mode so it was rather unlikely for her too be found

"Actually" she thought "You know what could be more fun,... if I join in" aria jumped out of the tree and started running towards the group glancing the the figure in the ebony armor. Then she saw a crippled body on the group it was the one paralyzed player...maker was it. Then something clicked in her head her vision when't red and started running towards him pulling out her dagger and standing over the paralyzed player well she raised up her dagger above his chest

roll 7+2 =9

The blade dug in the player doing 1 damage "BLEED hahaha Bleed" aria yelled as she slashed at the player. looking back at the three player's behind her she grind crazily at them

Switching immediately to Caladbolg and Hellfang, Vile prepared to wade in to finish off his stricken victim. But then, all hell broke loose. Like scavengers attracted to a soon to be carcass, other would be mavericks scurried into the battle field in a frenzy, attacking his fallen prey. The sight was enough to cause the Alpha Maverick to pause, as he watched them hack into the paralyzed figure. Up until now, he had assumed the other would be 'mavericks' to be little more than fakes wanting the reputation. Certainly they had tried to cozy up with the Guilds for long enough, but today's experience seemed to hint that real killers besides himself might actually exist. But still, they were attempting to steal his prey. Striding forward, ignoring the running girl and the new arrival, Vile drew back his impressive sword to strike.

Battle Dice: 3 + 3 = Success

Damage: 4

Result: Standing over his paralyzed foe, who was frantically warning his friend to flee, Vile slowly drove his great black blade into his helpless foe's chest, pinning him to the ground and reducing his HP to a mere sliver. "Do you fear death, worm? You will die here, now, with no one to morn you, no one to fight for you. And your little friend will follow you to hell, courtesy of my sword." He said, twisting the blade in a savage wrench. "Do you regret it now? Being born?"

Maker: 1/11 (Paralyzed 2/3 turns)

Daeron: 37/37

Aria: 27/27

Jumping backwards as the player in the ebony Armor drive it's sword into maker and a new player ran into the fight, Aria turned and ran towards the new player with her blade at the ready

going to slash at the new player missing and stumbling forwards surprised that she had missed glaring back at the new person "Your lucky" she hissed back at him.