[SHOP-F8] The Steel Dragon's Hoard

A hanging sign near the center of Florenthia denotes the shop's name and specialty:

THE STEEL DRAGON'S HOARD and below that, a depiction of a Katana Blade.

A forge, an anvil, a smeltery, and a cot in the back. This would be both his workplace and his home for the time that he was here in Aincrad. There weren't really that many shops on Floor 8, so he was positive that he'd get enough clientele to make his way.
As one would enter the shop, a sign denoting the rules was posted: "Welcome to The Steel Dragon's Hoard. Anything taken here must be replaced with something of equal or greater value. Be it Col, materials to replace the item, or another item. Commissions are on a first come, first serve basis. Commissions must be paid in either Materials or Col, and if paid in Col, must wait 3 days for material gathering. Some mat commissions will be created on-spot. Others, a day or two at most. Welcome once again, to The Steel Dragon's Hoard!"

Rank 4: 40 XP and 4 Crafts a day

1=Epic fail 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)
2-3=fails 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)
4-5=bad Item 1 EXP (50% chance to salvage mat's in repeat quest)
6-8=Good Item 2 EXP
9-10=Uncommon Item 3 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)
11=Rare Item 5 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)
12= Perfect Item 8 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

Mats: 11

Salvage Items: 1

EXP: 62/80

SHOP LIST:

Normal Items:
Longsword - 100 Col
Katana - 150 Col
Heavy Straight Blade 1-H - 100 Col

Uncommon Items:
Katana - Thorn's Gambit: -2 HP while wielding, +2 Damage - 500 Col

Katana - Devil's Golden Katana: -2 HP, -1 Accuracy, +3 Damage - 400 Col

Rare Items:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was time to get the day's crafting out of the way... two times today. So that's what he was going to do. Coming out of the Smeltery, a hot Ingot of Iron comes out and onto the Anvil, where the craftsman smacked it a few times with a hammer... doing so, the items started forging out to an appropriate shape... a Curved Blade! He might just use it... looking it over and getting a sense of what the blade is exactly, he decided that he was going to use it!

ITEM GET!

Scimitar: Bolt Scimitar

Enchantments: +1 BD, on 8-10 natural BD, Paralyze target for 1 posts.

Description: This blade may be a curved blade, but the blade itself boasts a zig-zag patterning of the blade itself, making for a dangerous-looking blade. The tips of each zig-zag look as if they crackle with energy!

On a roll, Sotarou decided to give it another go... this time, going to hopefully craft some Armor for himself. Light Metal Armor... but as he pulls the Ingot out of the Forge, the durability of it suddenly drops to zero and the Ingot shatters! Well, so much for armor... either way, that was his crafting for the day!

Sotarou got up and wiped the sleep from his eyes, yawning widely as he stretched. "Man, it feels good to sleep in a tree... I should make a treehouse when I get back..." IF he got back... but he wasn't going to admit that out loud... it'd be as if admitting there was a chance he wasn't going to get back home. But enough depressing thoughts! He had 11 materials, and he was going to get his two craftings done today! First attempt... so far so good... pulled the Ingot out without it shattering... but he placed it on the Anvil and smacked it with the hammer... and it shattered. "Great... I must really be tired..." He yawns widely.

"Alright... try number two..." This time it went well! Pulled the Ingot out, and hit it a few times with the hammer. After he was done, it came out a piece of Light Metal Armor. Normal quality, but he wasn't complaining! The Armor didn't look too much like Armor in the first place... it actually looked kinda like a Kimono... except it was a bit more loose-hanging. Thankfully, it was a Male's Kimono. He'd feel stupid wearing a female Kimono... but as he examined the piece, it looked to have hidden plates in it to provide protection from attacks! Light Metal Armor...it was something interesting, to say the least... either way, that was his two crafts. He changed into his Kimono Light Metal Armor and sat waiting for a customer...

Stretching as he awoke on his Cot. "Mmmm... Morning, Floor 8..." Sotarou said to noone in particular... doing his morning routines... it wasn't fully necessary in this world, but keeping habits from the real world like brushing your teeth and such would make sure he didn't forget to do them when he got back to the real world. Once his morning rituals were complete, he started off with his newest ritual: crafting. He fired up the Forge and began work on his first craft for the day. As he finished with the item, it came out rather terrible... even to a video game's standards... he tossed it aside to try and salvage the metal later...

And again, he tries. And again, another bad blade. He tossed it aside with the others. Maybe he'd be able to salvage those someday... but for now, those were his two crafts. He looked at how close he was to levelling up his Smithing... not too far off... over half way there... maybe a few more days... at this rate though, it'd be more like a week... but he was patient. Crafting something took time, even in the real world. So that's what he decided to do: wait.

And yet again, he tried his luck. Because that's all it was at this point: luck. But fortune favors the lucky, as he strikes the Ingot and yet again creates a masterpiece of craftsmanship! A Rare item! Armor, no less! It even has a similar appearance to the Armor he was wearing before! Then again, that wasn't surprising. When one crafted in this game, their will makes the item.

ITEM GET: Light Metal Armor - Akaviri Samurai Armor

Description: This lightweight set of armor made for the traditional Samurai looks the part of an intimidating piece of forged armor, but gives the user all the mobility it requires to stay ahead of the enemy's attacks!

Enchantments: -1 enemy BD, -1 enemy Damage.

I walked into a shop named, The Steel Dragon's Hoard. It was quite, ordinary. I stepped into the shop and walked over to the blacksmith. "Hello there. May you craft me a heavy straight sword?" I said. I scrolled down my menu and took out two iron ingots. I placed it down in front of the owner of the shop. "If you need other materials, I'd gladly go out and retrieve some missing materials for you." I said. I flashed a smile to the owner and took a look around the shop. "You're shop looks amazing, sir." I said, in a professional way.

Sotarou blinks as he hears the shop door open up. A customer! Right on! "Be with you in a second!" He takes the Armor he'd just crafted and sets it aside for now to let it cool off. He didn't want to show it off so soon... he walked out to the front of the store and bowed before his first customer! "I can craft you a Heavy Straight Sword no problem. I'd like to get a few more details, however. Do you want it single- or two-handed? And do you have any specific enchantments you were looking for?"

I heard the owner of the store come back from his crafting, "Oh hello there. It would be great if it was a sing handed. The enchantments are up to you, sir. This is your shop. I'm not greedy." I said with a smile on my face. I walked towards the counter where the own stood, "But it would be great if I could do some damage with it." I said to him with a curious look on my face. I looked at his armor he set down, "You're armor is quite fascinating, if I say so." I said, as I leaned on the counter.

Sotarou smiles. "Well, thank you. I feel kinda proud of it. So... single-handed Heavy Straight Blade. Wants damage." He'd been jotting all this down in a notepad. "Okay! Try back tomorrow. Should have your Sword by then." He takes the two Iron Ingots from the Patron and stores them until he can successfully craft them later.

I smiled at the owner, and tuck my hands in my trench coat. "Nice doing business with you, sir. I'll be back tomorrow." I said, as I walk towards the door. I look around once more, and I gave a light smile. "Simply beautiful." I said, as I walk out the door and back into Floor 8. I found an Inn and stay there for a night.

As Sotarou arose the next morning, he had a mission. He was given two Ingots to work with... checking his XP bar, he had enough XP to ding to level 2 no matter what happened with his first craft of the day... so he'd have 3 chances today to make the sword that his first customer wanted... he wanted damage... so... best to do would be to increase the weight of the item to give it a harder hit. It wouldn't be unwieldy to an extreme... but it'd still be kinda heavy to lift. With that in mind, he set about to work. Pulling up his inventory list, he immediately ressed the two Ingots he was given yesterday and a third for good measure just in case the two Ingots given to him weren't enough... As he shaped the Ingot out into the weapon, he looked at it a bit... it was a Heavy Single-Handed Straight Blade... but it wasn't nearly the right quality for his customer... as he finished the blade however, he felt himself advance to the next level! As a mark of momentous occasion, he decided to put the blade on display anyway.