[PP-F4]Auburn Skies (The Crimson Inquisition only) Closed

"In the village of Torencaf there is a legend of a creature called Thameseen, a massive lava salamander that lived in the dormant volcano in that the village rest against. As long as Thameseen stays asleep the Village when not burn but, if the lava salamander opens but one eyes. Seismic activity will erupt in a matter of second." Argumail looked at guild members. "SukÄretto zenpan: Rin Mitsuki ,Reddo ippan: Mortambo, Crimson Tactician: Miki, Red Inquisitor Captain: Akumu, and Oliver, the Intern. I heard rumors of this volcano becomin active again. Which means.... someone is about to wake up fully" He hopped down from a step and smiled.

"I going to be blunt with you were... broke. This is the best option for monies." Argumail said rather seriously," Rin, you and Akumu are going to do some recon on this thing find out the specific details go armed to the teeth... Oh bring the intern too." This part of being a leader kind of made him nervous ,sending his best friend out to see an unknown enemy. " Oh... go buy some teleport crystals before you go, Don't go dying on me!" Argumail said with a sad smile," As for Mortambo and Miki, You will stay here to help me formulate a plan of attack base on the what we already know and reading these folklore books." He pointed to a sack of books. A expression of pure agony went across his face.

He looked Akumu and looked at with a look that only they would understand," You, this a order ... no casualties, no POWs, and no injuries, you guys get back here safe. I mean it."

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mortambo nods as he hears his orders, and goes over to the stack of books taking the top one. "What do we know about this salamander so far? I'm guessing we don't have time to build trenches to divert the lava flow away from the town... I'm not sure what else we can do besides stop him from waking up." Mortambo walks around the room holding the book behind his back, his face creased in thought.

She gives a thumbs up and walks over to Mortambo and grabs a book aswell. "Do we have any maps of the area, or do we have to go off of what the recon team gives us?" She glances through the pages for anything that could help in defeating or stopping the beast. "We shouldn't risk making a trench. I don't think we have enough people to make one big enough before it wakes."

Argumail pulled out a map with specific details. He pointed at ridge the separated the city from the volcano but, it only stretched for 12 kilometers. "That is where we engage the enemy. Mortambo I'm afraid that evac is impossible... if we make to much noise the NPCs will fully awaken Thameseen. I don't know much about it." Argumail looked at Miki and then walked to sit down. "All we need is a strategic check. The enemy has already obtained a trump card. That being the NPCs and the lava out flow."

Argumail looked at Miki intensely," Look at the maps from 10 years ago."

Argumail stood up and looked at the map over her shoulder, there where significant differences. "Just as I thought Torencaf got Pompeii'd. Torencaf is built atop the old city, Caf. If we lead the creature there instead of the ridge then, at least we will save the NPCs." Argumail smiled then it faded," But in turn that will increase the chances for causalities. What do you guys think?"

"Fighting him will be highly dangerous no matter where it is done. Out in the open is only slightly more so. I vote for leading him to the ruins of the old city where at least if we can't defeat him, maybe we can contain him," Mortambo says. "I feel that that's a better option than destroying the NPC village. There might be players there as well just wandering through or looking for quests. Better to keep them safe then be sorry we murdered people."

She stares at the maps that Argumail gave them before looking over to Mortambo. "I second this, but how are we going to lead it there? Using someone as bait would be extremely dangerous. If we are avoiding casualties then we can't use a player as bait. It may sound cliché but does it have a favorite food?"

"As a matter of fact... Miki your genius, Thameseen, favorite food is called Mortims, It's a small creature filled with ice crystals." Argumail read aloud," But that move has it own risks... Mortims freeze anyone come in contact with them."

Argumail slammed his fist on the table. " [censored], everytime we get a check, the king has a place to move!"

He pick up a book and tossed it Mortambo." Read this and tell me if you find one... just one strategic foothold in lore."

He looked at Miki," We can do this guys, I will not be defeated by a lizard!"

Mortambo takes the book, but his face suddenly lights up. "What if we captured the Mortim in a trap to use it as bait. We wouldn't have to touch it and get frozen, but we could still attract the salamander," he sits down with the book, "I'll look through this to see if there's a better idea, but that's the best idea I have at the moment." He starts flipping through the pages of the book of lore.

Mortambo does a check of his gear to be sure he's got everything he needs. "Ready when you are, sir." He looks through the guild supplies and grabs a net saying "Hopefully this will be enough, we will just have to be really careful not to touch it ourselves." He frowns "Even this will be pretty dangerous. We need to be careful."

When Oliver stuck his hand out for me to shake it, I just stared at it. I waved a little from under my hood and brought my attention to the task. We had to go inspect the creature without taking damage. With the new intern this might be difficult. I thought as I stated walking to the area where it was suspected to be.

Oliver stood there with a confused look on his face when Akumu didn't accept his hand. Akumu seemed strange to him, she was mute but scary. He knew that she always wore a hood also. He looked around and noticed she was going away towards a wooded area. Oliver studied the trees as they passed by them. The trees were identified by their colors, type of wood and even the leaf style. Oliver got too engrossed in his tree gazing because he had bumped into Akumu, who stopped suddenly.

I looked behind me to see Oliver going to every tree like a madman inspecting them. I sighed and kept walking on the forest ground. The massive rock ahead was daunting to me, since I was a tad short. I stopped suddenly and Oliver smacked into me, not paying attention. I didn't bother to turn around and apologize for stopping. I place my foot on the rock and began to climb it slowly.

Oliver scaled the rock, carefully placing his feet and hands in the correct placement. It took a lot of strength and energy to climb the rock. Once he got up onto the gigantic thing he looked down and waited for Akumu to arrive. Her hood had fallen off and she looked determined to get up here without flaw. Behind him, Oliver heard a crack of a twig and spun around. Standing over him was a distorted creature, he wasn't sure what it was only it didn't look friendly. He scrambled to get his sword out and fight the monster. Oliver tripped over a log on the ground then looked up, terrified. the monster howled and spit all over him. Oliver ran with his eyes closed at it and jumped on it's back, causing a gash to open.

Oliver 8/8

Unknown Monster 7/10

My hood had fallen down and the sun pierced my eyes when I looked up. I tried to put it back on but never got the chance to. From above I heard Oliver and a loud holler. I quickened my pace and got up onto the the solid ground up ahead. I saw Oliver blindly strike the beast without being hit. I instantly whip into the action. The monster was distracted so I snuck behind it and cut in the neck of it. It wailed and smacked it's hand at me. I fell a few feet away without much damage done.

Oliver 8/8

Akumu 13/ 15

Uknown Monster 4/10