[SHOP-F4] "Lighting Darkness" [BLACKSMITHING]

Entering the shop at noon, it was a long day yesterday, the scouting party which Hikari had been part of had found the boss to the ninth floor and that meant she'd need to get prepared, as she'd hopefully be a part of the font liners. Grabbing the last iron bar in her possession, Hikari hoped to create a light metal armor to replace her own. "Please, this is my last one..." Heating the bar in the forge, Hikari shaped it much like she'd shaped all her other attempts before, a single plate of metal connecting to a segmented arm guard for added mobility.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crafting Dice - 6 + 1 - Good Item! - -1 mat; +2EXP

Looking at the item, it was just like the other ones, a failed third model, a simple prototype version to the real one. "Tch, you're no better than what I already use..." Reading the stats on it, Hikari simply named the armor...

Name: Light Iron Chestguard Mk. 3

Type: Light Metal Armor

Quality: Good

Description: A failed prototype in an attempt to mimic someone else's style.

Abilty: none

Deciding that, if she had no more materials for herself, she'd at least work on another of her commissions in the meantime. Grabbing one of the two remaining bags of Dragon Scales, Hikari shaped the armor in accordance to the picture provided.

Finally having gotten hold of the materials she needed, Hikari rushed to her shop and selected one of the Tungsten ingots to make herself a new armor. "C'mon...." The boss fight was just ahead and this was her final chance, pounding on the hot tungsten, Hikari shaped it to be a light metal chest-plate with a complete arm guard, up to the hand.

Crafting Dice - 11 + 1 - Perfect Item! - -1 mat; +8 EXP

Setting her eyes on the beauty she just created, tears of joy dropped from them, the item, her first try for the day, was unimaginably perfect for her.

Name: Wings of Terca Lumireis

Quality: Perfect

Description: A complete chest guard hidden behind a black cloak protects the wearer from anything and everything. A mechanical looking arm guard sits in the right to fully protect the arm. A pair of small metallic wings sprout from the chest plate inside the coat, wrapping around the arms like shoulder plates.

Abilities: +2 DST; +1 Damage Retribution on Enemy BD6-8

Deciding not to waste any more time, Hikari began working on a sword to replace her own, using the tungsten ingots, she shaped it as a knight's royal sword, a flat guard and a cylindrical hilt, complete with a sharp blade and pointy point.

Crafting Roll - 1 - Epic Fail! (no +1, nothing can save that) - -1 mat; +1EXP

Disregarding the failure, Hikari continued on the crafting...

(OOC: sorry for short post)

Continuing the process, Hikari shaped the sword exactly the same way, hoping the gods of Aincrad could be in her favor. Shaping the guard, the hilt and the blade, Hikari stepped back to see what it was gonna make.

Crafting Dice - 3 + 1 - Bad Item - chance to salvage mats; +1 EXP

Looking at it, Hikari knew she could salvage the mats. Going to grab her dismantling tools, Hikari left the anvil.

Continuing with her final attempt for the day, Hikari shaped the ingot she just salvaged the same way as the previous times, first the guard, then the hilt, and finally the blade...

Crafting Dice - 8 + 1 - Uncommon Item - -1 mat; +3EXP

"Now this is rare..." She had only crafted one uncommon item before, and that was a commission, and this just popped up suddenly like this. "Let's see..."

Name: White Knight's Sword

Type: One-Handed Straight Sword

Quality: Uncommon

Description: An ornate blue sword with a white edge used by the captains of the imperial guard of Zaphias.

Ability: +1DMG

Image: flynn_scifo__s_sword_by_the_silver_crescent-d3laej4.jpg

The earliest she could ever come. Hikari still had bags under her eyes, for good reason, as she had just woken up.. 10 AM sat in her HUD, meaning she'd have woken at a decent time today. "Well... no use beating around the bush." Entering the shop lazily, Hikari grabbed her final tungsten ingot and got to work. "I'll have to revisit that dungeon later..." Shaping the sword as before, if it didn't turn out the way she wanted, she could make it one for the Azure Brigade, the same sword she made before...

Crafting Dice - 3 + 1 - Bad Item! - Chance to salvage mats; +1 EXP

Sighing, Hikari went off to get her dismantling tools.

Taking the damaged piece in her tongs, Hikari began shaping the tungsten back into the form of an ingot, same as she did every time.

Salvage Roll - 5 + 1 - Fail. - -1 mat

Disappointed in her luck so far today, Hikari got off the scene to store her dismantling tools, leaving the blue glow to disappear on top her anvil.

(OOC: Sorry for short post...)

Grabbing one of her Atlantis Iron ingots, she now couldn't make the sword she was aiming to mass produce without Tungsten. Nevertheless, Hikari set the ingot inside the forge and repeated the process with it, at least hoping it'd end up better than her previous failure..

Crafting Dice - 4 + 1 - Bad Item - Chance to salvage mats; +1EXP

Sighing another sigh, Hikari went off again to get her tools.

Grabbing hold of her trusty hammer, she began to doubt its trustworthiness, as it had failed her multiple times today. In any case, Hikari took the salvaged ingot and began trying to get it into the same shape it was before its salvage, with less faiure this time, hopefully...

Crafting Dice - 9 + 1 - Uncommon Item - -1 mat; +3EXP

"Ehh... I'll take it, I guess..." Her sleepiness still showing, Hikari examined the sword's stats before stashing it away.

Blue Knight's Sword

Description: A twin to the White Knight's Sword, this one was crafted specifically for the members of the Azure Brigade, a shining aqua blue blade ends in a cyan edge over the deep azure hilt engraved with yellow gemstones.

Ability: +1 Damage

One final attempt for the day, one final material on hand. Taking it in her hand, Hikari did much the same as before, shaping the metal the same exact way as she did the uncommon sword.

Crafting Dice - 8 + 1 - Uncommon - -1 mat; +3EXP

The same process wielded much the same result- no, in fact, it wielded the exact same result and she now had two copies of the same sword. "W-what sorcery is this?!" Taking the sword in her hands, Hikari read the description and stats of both swords again, indeed they were exactly the same with not one difference between them. Exiting the shop for the day, Hikari let her keys jingle as she closed it, putting the two swords in the back for Miaki to review.

Name: The Knight's White Rose

Description: This mystical white bladed sword not only looks pretty but it does damage too.

Quality: Perfect

(I want it to specialize in doing a rather large amount of damage.)

I walk into the dimly lit shop that looked interesting from the outside. From the back I heard the clanging of metal, the blacksmith. Hello, anyone here? I called out, knowing that someone was here of course.

Hearing a shout from the entrance, Hikari stops fiddling around with the display weapons and moves to see who it was, making her silver hair flutter around her naked arms over her work tank top. "Hello? Welcome to Lighting Darkness, the luckiest shop on floor 1!" Looking at the girl dressed mostly in white, Hikari gave a friendly smile, like she did to all her customers. Noticing the girl was holding a paper in her hand, Hikari thought it could be a commission before looking up at her name tag. "Primrose, huh? Is that a commission you want to make?" Trying to be as friendly as possible, Hikari really wasn't suited to talking to people like this, she needed to hire a cashier or something... Still giving an awkward smile, Hikari took the girl's paper, confirming it was indeed a commission. "Hmmm.... I can make this, but I need some time, why don't you browse around in the meanwhile?" Stepping back to let Primrose see the weapons on display, Hikari read the paper more thoroughly, thinking what a sword like this would look like...

I was surprised to see that the shop owner was a young lady, it was a good thing though. Without hesistation the girl welcomed me into her shop, this made me trust her even more. Thank you, yes I'd like that to be made. You can take your time with it though, I don't need it done until I get to harder training. I said, returning a smile of my own to her. I handed her the commission paper and nodded. Indeed, I want to buy another weapon as well maybe a shield or...I trailed off and let my feet carry me to the nearest shelf which contained simple looking swords. My eyes ran over most of the items, even though they were well crafted, until I found a chest plate. I don't wear armor but they said I need some.. I sighed and picked up the armor and kept looking through the other items. I also found a pretty neat looking sword, that had a nice name on it. The sword found it's way into my arm as I walked to the counter and laid the two items on the table. How much for these two oh and don't forget to charge me for my commission.

Name: Light Iron Chestguard Mk. 3

Quality: Good

Description: A failed prototype in an attempt to mimic someone else's style.

Abilty: none

Name: White Knight's Sword

Description: An ornate blue sword with a white edge used by the captains of the imperial guard of Zaphias.

Ability: +1DMG

Looking at the items on the table, the decision was quick. "Normally, they'd cost 1150 Col together but I'll tell you what..." Picking up the sword, Hikari checked its stats. "I'll give you the sword for 400, so 900 for both. The commission would cost you 1150 but... what the heck, I like you, 900 for it." Giving Primrose a smile, Hikari added. "The chestplate is actually very much like my own... exactly the same even, just missing the coat..." She could see that Primrose was friendly, so she gave her a first-timer discount, a little gift, you could say. "You just need to pay for the commission after it's done, I only take payment after it's done, but I also only sell it when I get it." She was very strict when it came to business issues, that was her nature and she couldn't do anything about it so she hoped the girl would understand. Equipping her old armor so the girl could see if she liked it, a chestplate appeared on her chest and a few curved slabs of metal covered her arm, making it look like it was fully protected by a shield. "What do you think? The coat's an extra, it's a vanity item." Unequipping the armor again, Hikari sat down, now only in her loose tank top, and waited for the girl's response.