Do you support this idea?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support this idea?

• Yes
    • No

While I was browsing around the Internet to find a face claim for another character I want to play, I had a thought: a dedicated face claim page for SAORPG. Most of the other forum roleplay sites I've been part of have had such a feature, as to prevent dozens of Light Yagamis or Ls running around. Not only that, a dedicated page would also allow users to see what faces have already been used by other players so they can avoid writing a character with a certain face in mind, only to realize that they're the fourth user to use the face.

I'm sure that if this idea makes it past the initial stage, there will be deciding on what the rules for this system will be. Here are just a few of my ideas:

• 1. Characters made before the system was implemented will automatically be given their claim. If there are multiple uses of the face claim, either the most active, or the first to use it will be given it.
    2. On the FC page, you may reserve a face up to a week or two while you're writing your character's journal. After that, the face is opened to the general public.
    3. After three months of inactivity, a character's FC will be no longer be protected, and users will be allowed to reserve/claim it once more.
    4. Claiming the faces of canon characters is both unnecessary as the name and face are already linked.
    5. Upon the death of a character, their FC is relinquished and opened up to the general public.
    6. To apply for a FC, simply post a link to your character's journal and the face you're claiming.
    7. Not all characters need a face claim, but without it, the appearance of the character must be described with at least a paragraph of detail.

Obviously, rules can be added as necessary, but that's just the basic outline of them. As for who will run the dedicated face claim page, the staff could run it, as they do the journals. Although I'm not a member of the staff, I'd be happy to run it as well.

Just some food for thought.

Now this is a good idea, and I do think that this would work. But this is SAO, you just can't really say that another person from a another anime can jump in, we try to keep this as real as possible to the anime series as possible. I don't want to say yes, nor have my head blown off by the GM's but I would like to hear what they have to say first before I am completely down with this, for you see I knida took the role of L. from Death Note, it may not say that in my journal, but I have the appearance and the personality as well as the Aliias of L. in it, just my backstory and name is completely different, as well as I have much more altered info to, the age, the height, the weight all these things are different, as well I'm Greek and not British.

That's your journal. Your character may, for all intents and purposes, be written as L. It doesn't matter. The face claim is only reserving the appearance of the character. Don't think of a face claim as a your character being a character from another series. Think of it as looking like a character from another series.

Ah I see, well then you already who Achilles looks like, and as such if this is approved, then I will claim his face as my own, as for anyone else who wishes to take it, I now have a reason to be more active now. As now back on the topic, thank you for clearing this misunderstanding with me, I hope that no more of these happen with me, as now I will change my vote to yes, i would like this to happen. I would most like to keep my face as the L. of SAO.

I face claim Siehart from Record of Agarest Wars Zero. He is mine and mine alone, I have had alot of work put into to be almost like him, and I will not allow another person to take him, so yes I do like this idea, as I am always online, so I don't have to worry about losing his face claim.

As someone who uses a face claim that not many people would, I actually support this as well. I don't want a bunch of people who look exactly alike running around. Now if two characters join who are twins... I guess I can take that. But when masses of people doing Blue Exorcist or Eren Jeager, things get a little wonky.

While I was browsing around the Internet to find a face claim for another character I want to play, I had a thought: a dedicated face claim page for SAORPG. Most of the other forum roleplay sites I've been part of have had such a feature, as to prevent dozens of Light Yagamis or Ls running around. Not only that, a dedicated page would also allow users to see what faces have already been used by other players so they can avoid writing a character with a certain face in mind, only to realize that they're the fourth user to use the face.

I'm sure that if this idea makes it past the initial stage, there will be deciding on what the rules for this system will be. Here are just a few of my ideas:

• 1. Characters made before the system was implemented will automatically be given their claim. If there are multiple uses of the face claim, either the most active, or the first to use it will be given it.
    2. On the FC page, you may reserve a face up to a week or two while you're writing your character's journal. After that, the face is opened to the general public.
    3. After three months of inactivity, a character's FC will be no longer be protected, and users will be allowed to reserve/claim it once more.
    4. Claiming the faces of canon characters is both unnecessary as the name and face are already linked.
    5. Upon the death of a character, their FC is relinquished and opened up to the general public.
    6. To apply for a FC, simply post a link to your character's journal and the face you're claiming.
    7. Not all characters need a face claim, but without it, the appearance of the character must be described with at least a paragraph of detail.

Obviously, rules can be added as necessary, but that's just the basic outline of them. As for who will run the dedicated face claim page, the staff could run it, as they do the journals. Although I'm not a member of the staff, I'd be happy to run it as well.

Just some food for thought.

Though some people may not agree with this, me and Haine had been attempting to give everyone a face claim on the website. Attempting to make it better, with face claims for different accounts. Though it may not have passed on to everyone else I've added a face claim part to my journal, and so has Haine. It would be fairly easy to update the page's face claims. I would help you upon attempting to update it every-so often.

Though some people may not agree with this, me and Haine had been attempting to give everyone a face claim on the website. Attempting to make it better, with face claims for different accounts. Though it may not have passed on to everyone else I've added a face claim part to my journal, and so has Haine. It would be fairly easy to update the page's face claims. I would help you upon attempting to update it every-so often.

I actually noticed that, and I've added that little tidbit to my three character's journals, which in turn led me to bring it to support. xD

Honestly, I was going to choose Rin Okumura and then I read this thread. I have to go rethink my face claim now and I love the idea. Well part of it. I mean reserving a face claim for a week or two would be ridiculous. It should be if they go inactive for a certain amount of period or die. I mean say the week or two option is put to effect. I could wait a week and become Giraffe (Saix). I know it's just a basic outline, but I'm just saying what I think about it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Am i the only one that thinks this takes away the originality from roleplaying? I get that everyone wants the bragging rights of saying "Oh i look like kira from death note" but come on, he's just another dude. Essentially you can look like him without the name, and you're not even claiming the name. Sure i guess it's alright but i really don't think it holds any purpose.. Don't you want to become epic yourself? Being known for you, and not an anime character..

I don't support face claiming. Unless it is a requirement, or a norm on the site I use, I steer clear. The reasoning behind this is my own personal preference, and my tendency to not use face claims exactly. I may post a picture of an anime character, and explain in my description that she looks similar to this, but with brown hair and green eyes. Is that different enough that I don't need a face claim? Would someone looking to use the character exactly still be able to?

Furthermore, who is going to take on the job of enforcing this? I realize this was posted a few months ago, so things may have been different. But the staff seems far too busy to go through and check the face claim thread every time there is a new journal submitted. And better yet, combing through past journals to see who is inactive enough to lose their face claim. As it is, that's a huge task. Now imagine if the site continues to grow. It's just not something that I see being practical.