[PP-F9] Of Raging Fires <<Gatekeeper of Fire>>

she totally needed to make up for her mistake. running headfirst into the next fight was her way to do it, and stealing cerberus' attention was her way of demonstrating her dedication to the slaughter. night dove in with the first attack, drawing the attention of all three heads – one strike was enough to bring a target down to the red, sending the other two on alert with their bites aflame. finally, oathkeeper was responding – and so too was her health reacting to the blazes, but the player would face worse tomorrow. getting through this fight would be simple, easy practice.

health down a third. no, she wasn't going to be shaken, she hoped. then she quickly remembered what was left of the fight, and turned to vigilon, speaking aloud so that the assassin, too, could hear, "you don't mind about meeting the art unlock condition, do you? it'd be easier to bring the weakened head down first!"

Spoiler

> FREE ACTION: CONCENTRATION
> POST ACTION: AOE-I

ID214041 | bd7+6-2 | -> Cerberus, Head#1

(27+16) * 15 = 645 DMG
645 - 75 = 570 DMG

THORNS: -30HP

ID214042 | md9 | -> NIGHT
ID214043 | md2+3-6 = -1 | -> NIGHT
ID214044 | md10 | -> NIGHT

175 + 25 = 200 DMG
175+200 = 375 DMG

[2,0,0] NIGHT | HP: 837/1242 | EN: 144/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 6 | BH+HB: 122 | HLY/FLN: 16 | TAUNT | [CONCENTRATION (1/3)] | [BURN: 56 (0/3)]
[0,0,0] Dazia | HP: 732/782 | EN: 61/86 | DMG: 28 | MIT: 104 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | FLN: 8
[0,0,0] Vigilon | HP: 822/897| EN: 79/112 | DMG: 26 | MIT: 138 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BLI: 32, -20 MIT | FLN: 16 

Cerberus, Inferno's Rage (Head #1) HP: 80/650 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Cerberus, Inferno's Rage (Head #2) HP: 650/650 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Cerberus, Inferno's Rage (Head #3) HP: 650/650 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

Edited by NIGHT

Night went on ahead, it would seem that the party was gonna go right into the fray. Vigilon shrugged, and began to follow. Dazia wasn't in sight, so it was likely that she had entered stealth and taken the same initiative as Night had. Welp, might as well get this over with while the cavern was hot.

When Vigilon managed to reach the cavern's innermost area, he saw Night battling the target monster. It was Cerberus, all right, and it definitely looked bigger, stronger, and nastier, too. She managed to bring down one head's HP into the red, though all three heads attacked Night and managed to chip away a third of the player's health. Night called out to Vigilon, asking if he wanted to meet the condition for unlocking a specific Sword Art. "Thanks, but I'm content with what I've got." He answered. He then looked to the monster. Given how much HP Night had already chipped away, it should be possible to try taking down this monster more easily than expected. Maybe the party didn't necessarily need to drill away at one head at a time, maybe they could overcome this beast quicker if they all just unleashed their sword arts. Three Players, three Heads. Sounded simple enough.

The problem, however, was outsmarting the monster. Vigilon readied his sword art as he ran up to the center head, then leaped into the air to attack. The center head maintained eye contact with Vigilon as he neared it, showing no fear. "I'll show you what I can d-oof!!!Cerberus reared up and swatted Vigilon to the side with one of its paws, knocking him away. Vigilon landed on the volcanic ground, but momentum got him rolling a meter or two. Flat on his back, but still gripping his sword, Vigilon stared blankly at the cavern ceiling over this unexpected turn of events. "Right...stronger monster, is also smarter, too. Noted." He thought aloud.

ID# 214073 BD: 2+4-2=4(miss)

[2,0,0] NIGHT | HP: 837/1242 | EN: 144/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 6 | BH+HB: 122 | HLY/FLN: 16 | TAUNT | [CONCENTRATION (1/3)] | [BURN: 56 (0/3)]
[0,0,0] Dazia | HP: 732/782 | EN: 61/86 | DMG: 28 | MIT: 104 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | FLN: 8
[0,0,0] Vigilon | HP: 822/897| EN: 81/112 | DMG: 26 | MIT: 138 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BLI: 32, -20 MIT | FLN: 16 

Cerberus, Inferno's Rage (Head #1) HP: 80/650 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Cerberus, Inferno's Rage (Head #2) HP: 650/650 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Cerberus, Inferno's Rage (Head #3) HP: 650/650 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

Edited by Vigilon

Dazia had gone on ahead, hoping to scout out and see who she was up against next. Just like last time, the monster the players were after was right here in the innermost area of the cavern. "Target sighted." Dazia thought, as her gaze took in the sight of the beast. This one was stronger, all right...now all she needed was the right timing. Cerberus stopped, its three heads began sniffing the air around, as if noticing that someone was nearby. Before they could spot Dazia, however, Night arrived and caught the Target's attention with her attack. On top of this, Vigilon also attempted to make an attack, but was sorely unprepared for a smarter Cerberus. Dazia shook her head. "Pathetic." She muttered under her breath.
                                    Time to get that key.
                           Dazia lunged from her cover, activating her sword art and cleaving at one of the monster's heads with considerable force. Infernal Crescent, like many of Dazia's Sword Arts, often brought plenty of pain to her enemies, aside from players, who could only feel a tingling sensation, if not phantom pain from the initial hit. The head that Dazia struck let out a deep yelp as Dazia damaged it. Dazia landed on her feet, then she and the head she attacked would proceed to give each other burning glares. Two sets of eyes, burning with fire and hate, one infernal red, and one hellish blue, staring burning daggers at each other, unwilling to show any fear.

(Used Surprise Attack: Assassin)

ID# 214125 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG)

Infernal Crescent: 34x15-75=435 Damage to Cerberus, Inferno's Rage(Head #3)

Thorns Damage: Dazia takes 50 damage

[2,0,0] NIGHT | HP: 837/1242 | EN: 144/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 6 | BH+HB: 122 | HLY/FLN: 16 | TAUNT | [CONCENTRATION (1/3)] | [BURN: 56 (0/3)]
[0,0,2] Dazia | HP: 682/782 | EN: 42/86 | DMG: 28 | MIT: 104 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | FLN: 8
[0,0,0] Vigilon | HP: 822/897| EN: 81/112 | DMG: 26 | MIT: 138 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BLI: 32, -20 MIT | FLN: 16 

Cerberus, Inferno's Rage (Head #1) HP: 80/650 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Cerberus, Inferno's Rage (Head #2) HP: 650/650 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Cerberus, Inferno's Rage (Head #3) HP: 215/650 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

Edited by Dazia

well, she wasn't planning on dropping the ball so soon. she noted vigilon's stumble as the hellhound decided to play, and one of its head wincing, yelping the moment dazia lunged out of the shadows. night paid attention to the amount of damage dealt to their target – enough to be eliminated within one strike from her blade, assuming she wasn't going to miss again.

so she went for it, curtailing the nips of cerberus from a potential toy or health snack. the third head had proved itself to be the most aggressive of the bunch either way, so shutting it down early would be best. the beast as a whole dove forward, two heads trying to grab a bite out of the party's main aggressor, but caught only air in their commitment to the attack. the final strike, a reared canine neck exposed, was instead laid upon by the player, cutting loose the threat as it was about to retaliate against dazia.

momentum, momentum. night had to keep it up.

837 + 122 - 56 = 903 HP

ID214152 | bd2+6-2 = 6 | -> Head #3

(27+16) * 18 = 774 DMG
774 - 75 = 699 DMG

18+2-3-4 = 13 EN

THORNS: -30HP

ID214153 | md1 | -> NIGHT
ID214154 | md3+3-6 = 0 | -> NIGHT

[2,0] NIGHT | HP: 873/1242 | EN: 131/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 6 | BH+HB: 122 | HLY/FLN: 16 | TAUNT | [CONCENTRATION (2/3)] | [BURN: 56 (1/3)]
[0,0] Dazia | HP: 682/782 | EN: 42/86 | DMG: 28 | MIT: 104 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | FLN: 8
[0,0] Vigilon | HP: 822/897| EN: 81/112 | DMG: 26 | MIT: 138 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BLI: 32, -20 MIT | FLN: 16 

Cerberus, Inferno's Rage (Head #1) HP: 80/650 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Cerberus, Inferno's Rage (Head #2) HP: 650/650 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Cerberus, Inferno's Rage (Head #3) HP: 215/650 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

Edited by NIGHT

This battle was already off to a bad start on Vigilon's end.
        Vigilon got up, to see Dazia emerge from the shadows and land her sword art on one of the heads within a split second. The fact that the injured head yelped must have meant that Dazia's attack must have felt awfully painful to it. Sure, players couldn't feel pain, aside from phantom pain, but he sure wouldn't want to be on the other end of one of Dazia's sword arts. Of course, now Dazia and the third head were glaring burning daggers at each other, so this wasn't likely to end well.

Night intercepted the conflict by finishing off the third head. One down, two to go. Vigilon set his sights on the first head, might as well finish the thing off. He readied his sword art, leaped forward to strike the head, but then a volcanic stalactite thrust into the igneous cavern floor, getting directly in Vigilon's way.
                         Sure, he din't let go of his sword, but he took a bit of a hard hit to his entire front side, including...
                 Vigilon's instinctive reaction proved to him that there was always one spot for a guy to get impact against that would almost always trigger phantom pain. While it only lasted for a second, the fact was that his attack failed and now he was sliding down the fallen stalactite, all the way to the ground, his mouth wide open from the apparent phantom pain.

That could have gone way better.

ID# 214155 BD: 1(Critical miss)

[2,0] NIGHT | HP: 873/1242 | EN: 131/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 6 | BH+HB: 122 | HLY/FLN: 16 | TAUNT | [CONCENTRATION (2/3)] | [BURN: 56 (1/3)]
[0,0] Dazia | HP: 682/782 | EN: 42/86 | DMG: 28 | MIT: 104 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | FLN: 8
[0,0] Vigilon | HP: 822/897| EN: 83/112 | DMG: 26 | MIT: 138 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BLI: 32, -20 MIT | FLN: 16 

Cerberus, Inferno's Rage (Head #3) HP: 0/650 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

Edited by Vigilon

Before Dazia and the third head could clash, Night finished off the third head. Dazia would have preferred to kill it herself, but she would give a nod of appreciation to Night nonetheless. She then looked to see Vigilon try a similar tactic as before, but he clearly didn't notice the environment rumbling from the force of combat, the consequences of a giant three headed canine moving about in a cavern, one made from volcanic stone in which some were still burning or laced with embers. Stones and stalactites began to fall from above, one of which landed directly in front of Vigilon.
                                          Dazia shook her head at the resulting collision. She readied her weapon as she decided to use the top of the fallen stalactite as a place to activate her sword art from. 
"Fine, I'll do it myself."
                                       It was simple yet effective, and the first head cried out as Dazia unleashed her sword art upon it. Now only the center head remained. It looked to the fallen heads, then glared at the trio of players, and snarled. One of them was a mere nuisance, but the other two had slain its fellow heads. Either the center head would also fall, or it would bring vengeance for itself. Regardless, neither side had any intention of losing.

ID# 214172 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG), CD: 9(ST-B available!)

Shadow Cutter: 30x12-75=285 Damage to Cerberus, Inferno's Rage(Head #1)

Thorns Damage: Dazia takes 50 Damage

[0] NIGHT | HP: 873/1242 | EN: 131/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 6 | BH+HB: 122 | HLY/FLN: 16 | TAUNT | [CONCENTRATION (2/3)] | [BURN: 56 (1/3)]
[0] Dazia | HP: 632/782 | EN: 34/86 | DMG: 28 | MIT: 104 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | FLN: 8
[0] Vigilon | HP: 822/897| EN: 83/112 | DMG: 26 | MIT: 138 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BLI: 32, -20 MIT | FLN: 16 

Cerberus, Inferno's Rage (Head #1) HP: 0/650 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Cerberus, Inferno's Rage (Head #3) HP: 0/650 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

Edited by Dazia

then surely some hound would need to get a better clue, because there was only one way this fight would turn out.

from where she'd landed, night flipped the flat of her blade upwards. it was difficult to tell from a third person's perspective – the sword was entirely white, after all, with minute details on its silhouette to tell where its different parts were. but in a conversation between a sword and its handler, especially after some practiced use, night knew of every inch, every word of her weapon's speech.

so with a running start, she cast its motive towards the fire. didn't matter of the ashes and debris. she would wonder later if it was the sword singing of home, or if the thought originated from herself. as her edge struck the central, remaining gatekeeper's head from a side angle, another chunk of health was gone from the dog.

good, the player considered, in tandem with her light's rumble. and she dropped to the floor, away from the fangs that were bent on whisking her up and away.

873 + 122 - 56 = 939 HP

ID214315 | bd7+6-2 = 11 | -> Head #2

(27+16) * 15 = 645 DMG
645 - 75 = 570 DMG

15 +2 -2 -4 = 11EN 

THORNS: -30HP

ID214316 | md5+3-6 = 2 | -> NIGHT

[2] NIGHT | HP: 909/1242 | EN: 120/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 6 | BH+HB: 122 | HLY/FLN: 16 | TAUNT | [CONCENTRATION (3/3)] | [BURN: 56 (2/3)]
[0] Dazia | HP: 632/782 | EN: 34/86 | DMG: 28 | MIT: 104 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | FLN: 8
[0] Vigilon | HP: 822/897| EN: 83/112 | DMG: 26 | MIT: 138 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BLI: 32, -20 MIT | FLN: 16 

Cerberus, Inferno's Rage (Head #1) HP: 0/650 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Cerberus, Inferno's Rage (Head #2) HP: 80/650 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

Edited by NIGHT

The situation was going smoothly, both attack interruptions aside. Night and Dazia were cutting this thing down with little trouble at all. Dazia finished off the first head, and Night made a major assault against the remaining center head. Now all that needed to be done was to finish this.

Vigilon had enough, it was past time he get this over with. He readied his weapon, prepared his sword art, and walked towards the monster. No fancy tactics, no elaborate leaps to try and get a stronger attack, just keeping it simple. When he got close to Cerberus, the remaining head growled, glared at him as if he were some sort of pest, then Vigilon unleashed his sword art, finishing the battle, and quickly, to boot. Cerberus tried to remain standing, but as the last head drew its last breath, the creature fell limp, then shattered. Vigilon let out a sigh of relief, it's about time.

He then looked to the other players. "Thanks," He began with a smile. "I don't know if I could've done this without you, both of you." He then looked to his inventory, there it was, the item he needed to repair his weapon. He sheathed his weapon and put his hands in his pockets. "So then, is there anything else that can be done, or are we parting ways for now?"

ID# 214392 BD: 7+4-2=9(hit, Fallen Activates!)

Wyrmslash: 42x12-75=429 Damage to Cerberus, Inferno's Rage(Head #2)!

Thorns Damage: Vigilon takes 25 Damage

NIGHT | HP: 909/1242 | EN: 120/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 6 | BH+HB: 122 | HLY/FLN: 16 | TAUNT | [CONCENTRATION (3/3)] | [BURN: 56 (2/3)]
 Dazia | HP: 632/782 | EN: 34/86 | DMG: 28 | MIT: 104 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 6 | FLN: 8
 Vigilon | HP: 797/897| EN: 75/112 | DMG: 26 | MIT: 138 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BLI: 32, -20 MIT | FLN: 16 

Cerberus, Inferno's Rage (Head #2) HP: 0/650 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

Edited by Vigilon

Night unleashed her sword art against the center head, and Vigilon proceeded to finish it off with an attack laced with his weapon's fallen energy. Dazia checked her inventory for anything different once the Target shattered. Two items were found. One was a Cerberus Etching, and the other...

<<Earthen Sun Key>>

Dazia pulled the key out, and held it in her hand. The key's top was shaped similarly to an artistic design of the sun, made from metal black and reflective as obsidian, and a fire opal within the top's center. She stuffed it back into her inventory, and Vigilon would look to the two players with a smile, thanking them for their help. Dazia remembered that she had a question to answer.

Dazia slowly turned her head to look over to Night, and she was hesitant to speak. "...I'll need to take some time to think about today's events." She decided. "To me, this was hardly a taste of what's to come. While I could easily be wrong, something like this...and what I remembered..." She continued, remembering the battle that seemed so ridiculously hopeless, as well as the one she realized she wasn't ready for. Would it be different this time around, or was there more to this whole thing than she thought? She shook her head. "There's a chance, but I wouldn't count on it. Regardless of whichever decision I make, however, I'll be willing to tell your informant what I know."
                      The assassin looked to Vigilon. "I have some things to mull over, so I don't think I have any spare time for any extra activities. In fact, I should be going now." She answered, pulling up her menu and leaving the party. Before she left, she decided to give the two players each a set of words. To Vigilon, she would repress a smirk from under her cowl. "Vigilon...I don't know how you or Princess would feel about it, but...maybe...you could think about giving Koharu a chance?"
                        Seven steps later and she stops. She removed her cowl, and looked to Night. "Night...I hope we meet again...preferably...perhaps...as allies on even footing." She uttered out, before suddenly running off. She'd already spent too long in this floor, she needed a breather elsewhere.

and how did she feel, now that cerberus was brought to its knees...?!

... nothing. not much, really. but this lack of emotion for its demise was probably for the better. if night had to hazard a guess, most of her feelings were stored in the sword that shook with fervor once the beast was slain. the player remained quiet as she found the etching in her inventory. when she looked back up to assess the party, she swore she noticed an unusual item, but promptly thought nothing of it.

because the boss fight was the more important consideration at hand.

so long as dazia was willing to converse with bistro, night was sure she had her bargain met. "of course. and if you're not showing up after tomorrow to get it, i'll see if i'll be able to find you somehow. to pass you adjudicator, i mean."

she gave the assassin a curt nod, watching her dart off into the distance. family issues with whoever this 'princess' person was – night figured it would be best for her to stay out of it. although, "well, i'm sure it's none of my business, but i think it's a little questionable that some parts of your circle are out for each others' blood." the player shrugged, slowly strolling out of the cave. "to each their own, though. i hope you're able to repair that sword soon."

as though she had been clairvoyant, night waved to vigilon as she left. a look over her shoulder, and a failure to elaborate – "i'll see you at the raid meeting," she said, and then with a shatter of a crystal cuboid, she was out of the heat.

Edited by NIGHT

thread closing.

NIGHT
+ 10269xp | (1141 * 0.6 * 15)
+ 1,540 | (xp * 0.15)
+ Cerberus Etching
+ oathkeeper.

Dazia
+ 6923xp | (1141 * 0.6 * 5) + 3500
+ 7700col | 7500 + 200

+ Cerberus Etching

Vigilon