[PP-F1] Conquering Stone & Unjustified Conduct

CONQUERING STONE & UNJUSTIFIED CONDUCT

While it wasn’t completely unknown to Faux how to request help in this world, it was something he almost never felt necessary in the past. Asking questions of other players would sometimes almost guarantee a level of misinformation that NPCs simply do not offer. But it would be impossible to say the past few months haven’t felt a bit lonely. It seems players are mainly interested in leveling and escaping the game, and while documenting the experiences of the people here intrigues some, others have no interest in giving up their time for Faux. That’s why, this time it would be different. Having gained a bit of know-how on how to survive, he felt it was time to finally take part in combat. The monsters in this game are vicious, unfeeling. They wield mystical prowess beyond comparison to players and aside from that, there are traps and pitfalls all through this game. Faux wondered if a fate as embarrassing as being decimated by a simple mob trap would suit him. Perhaps, if it were a spectacle.

He thinks of the note he had posted on a Bulletin Board in the Town of Beginnings: “To those who appreciate the preservation of culture, and the study of the world we are trapped in, please assist me in taking my first steps in understanding combat. I will take notes of your combat abilities, as well as hope to sharpen my own. I am a low level player, and will reward you kindly for the assistance. Meet me in Horunka at…” He wonders if he made it seem too melodramatic, now. It seems whenever he attempts to appeal to people’s sensibilities, he ends up making himself feel silly. He shakes off the feeling as he awaits the players that hopefully were intrigued by his proposition. 

What he couldn’t toss from his skeleton, however, was the feeling that something terrible awaits him. This would technically be his first time partaking in combat. Relying on others makes him a liability, he felt, so he would maximize this opportunity so times like these would become few and far between. ‘Of course that‘s what you want— to go away.’ It’s a quick intrusive thought and Faux dismisses it. Someone is approaching...

tumblr_e20aa92013fb48970078afe08c16402b_96dbc9f8_1280.png.fc878be43c24ab3789f05d8efd3431d9.png

fauxkiller [#996699] [LEVEL 2]

SABER (T2) | HP: 40/40 | EN: 22/22 | DMG: 1 [+4]

EVA: 0 | ACC: 0

Spoiler

PARTICIPANTS: fauxkiller, Morningstar, Raidou

Spoiler

Weapons

• Salt Therapy [ SABER ] [ RARE / 2 SLOTS ] [ PARALYZE ] [ BLEED ] Description: An ornate, white saber with a slight minty tint to it. Its hilt has two horn-like blades protruding from either end. It was the first weapon Faux received in-game. He feels attached to it, despite not finding much use for it at first.

Armor

• N/A

Consumables

• Materials - [15]

• T1 Rare Quality Health Potion - [1]

• T1 Uncommon Quality Health Potion - [5]

• T1 Uncommon Overhealth Potion - [1]

• Starter Healing Potion (50 HP) - [3]

Edited by fauxkiller

Finding the city of Horunka to be just as lax and laid back as he'd remembered it, Raidou seeks the various stores to which he'd become accustomed. A spool of thread, a few bolts of cloth and a bag full of apples. This floor had a habit of producing some odd and end wares, and the orchard that lingered just beyond its walls an amicable source for the small village to partake. Even still this place was ripe to the brim with players of all sorts, leather armor and simple pokers with a little bit of an edge to them. Some had no issue charging headfirst into conflict, where as others lingered close behind ebbing on the sides of caution.

As he moved in his plain and vanilla attire, finding comfort in the fact that none would recognize him this way. But his attentions couldn't help but fixate, a singular boy found the rim of a fountain and had seemingly little comfort. Upon his head a snow peaked mountain that did well to contrast its surroundings. Curious, Raidou fixes the glasses on his brow and finds himself to its edge. "Something wrong?" A gentle and yet firm echoing of his voice, that would cut the white noise that purveyed the ambience of civilization. Little did he know about the boy's posting, or further the sheer thoughts racing through his head. Even still, The red wanderer still found himself to care as he'd always had.

Raidou | HP: 1000/1000 | EN: 138/138 | DMG: 11 | MIT: 69 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 2 | BH: 55 | LD: 6 | BLGT: 32 | REC: 8 | TAUNT | V.D.: 110 | V.O.: 165

Spoiler

Raidou, Firm Anima Vanguard Captain
Level: 32
Paragon Level: 93
HP: 1000/1000
EN: 138/138

Stats:
Damage: 11
Mitigation: 69
Evasion: 4
Accuracy: 2
Battle Healing: 55
Loot Dice: 6
BLGT: 32
REC: 8
TAUNT
V.D.: 110
V.O.: 165

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Ebon Star - Vanguard Revenant [T4/Demonic/Straight Sword]: V.O 2, Taunt, Blight 1
Armor: Red Wanderer's Resolve - Sympathy [T1/Demonic/Cloth] 2 Evasion, 2 Vampiric Defensive
Misc: Vision of Wisdom - Whisper [T4/Demonic/Trinket] Evasion 1, Recovery 2, Accuracy 1

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Straight Sword R5
Cloth Armor R5
Battle Healing R5
Howl
Searching R5
Fighting Spirit
Energist
Charge
Quick Change

Active Mods:
Detect
Athletics
Vengeful Riposte
Tracking
Justified Riposte

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Nimble
Ferocity
Precision
Focused Howl
Stamina
Reveal

Active Extra Skills:
Parry
Survival
Forgotten King’s Authority
Concentration

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal x2
Resonance of the Grave [T1/Perfect (Instant)/Debuff/Incarceration] [184322] x1
Misperception Masterpiece/Instant (4): [178761] [200882][200893][200896] x4
Hypnosis 2 Masterpiece/Instant: 186609 x
Lullaby 2 Masterpiece/Instant: 190648 x

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor []: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Tanos Statue: +25 Mitigation for a thread.

Wedding Ring:

The note was well-written and persuasive. Morningstar rarely took requests like this but seeing as he had nothing to do but train, he did not think it could hurt to support another in their time of need. He had never heard of the player, which he supposed made sense considering their level. He began hypothesizing what they were like and why they chose to begin their journey into Aincrad at such a time. Stories were the bread and butter of life, he thought. He couldn't get enough of them.

Naturally, curiosity got the best of him. He wanted to hear this player's tale, no matter how short it was. For a small fee, he rented a horse and together they traversed the wild plains of the First Floor. Eventually, Horunka came into view. The city—no, it was more of a village—was quiet and infrequently visited by most. There were only a handful of buildings in total and not much to do, unless a break was what you had in mind.

Morningstar rode up to the gate, dismounted the horse, and walked it to the village stable. He scanned through the nearby players, looking for the player who had made the initial request for help. It was difficult to tell who he was meant to talk to. A few men and women looked far more experienced than he was. It definitely was not them. Then, something caught his eye. A man, rather ordinary in appearance, approached another. They were the only pair that it could have been; not that he had any evidence aside from pure instinct.

If he was wrong, he was wrong.

Dressed in his silver armor set, he walked toward the two, clearing his throat before he spoke. "Sorry—did either of you write the request for help posted in the Town of Beginnings?"

MORNINGSTAR |
 Lv. 31 |
XFEhDPc.png
  Hide contents

notes

• activating (1) yui's grace: 200*tier EXP boost

MORNINGSTAR | HP: 620/620 | EN: 100/100 | DMG: 35 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 107 | LD: 5 | Stealth Rating: -5 | EN Cost: +1 (+0 on first 2 turns)

equipped

• royal greatsword 
    DMG III
  • armor of fallen radiance 
    MIT III
  • lexa's light
    ACC III

battle-ready inventory

• teleport crystal

skills

Hide contents

mod count: 3/5

• 2HSS | RANK 5/5
    • precision, stamina, ferocity
    • shift: tech
  • HEAVY ARMOR | RANK 5/5
    • impetus
  • COMBAT MASTERY: DMG | RANK 3/3
  • SEARCHING | RANK 5/5
    • night vision, detect
  • ENERGIST
  • CHARGE

extra

• SURVIVAL

buffs

Hide contents

statue

• n/a

consumables

• n/a
  • n/a

paragon

• n/a

misc

Hide contents

housing

• Rested | -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat.
  • Clean | The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down).
  • Filling | Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot. This can exceed normal Cook enhancement caps. Ex: A perfect T2 MIT food gives 35 MIT instead of 30.
  • Tasty | Turn 2 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed. Lesser Feasts created this way cannot be used outside of the thread they are created. Limit 1 item created per thread.
  • Relaxed | Increases out-of-combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
  • Basic Training | +5% EXP to a thread. Limit one use per month. Must be used on a player's first post in a thread. Cooldown begins counting down when used in a post.

gathering

• n/a

"Something wrong?"

Faux lifts his head to meet the gaze of another young man around his own age, staring at him with a bit of conern on his face. No, sympathy? Faux moves away slightly from his touch, furrowing his eyebrows. "Nothing is wrong, no. Thanks," he states plainly, not in the mood to be distracted. He instead decides to look past the plain man and observe his surroundings. Faux couldn't see anyone else looking around like a lost child, so he returned his attention to the man who was still standing there. "Well, I suppose if you aren't busy, I actually--

"Sorry—did either of you write the request for help posted in the Town of Beginnings?" A man's voice interrupts Faux. He whips his head around to see the blonde man approaching, armor and bold red colors bolstering the appearance of a confident warrior. Surely, he wasn't the one player to respond to the ad. In fact, Faux turns his head back to the four-eyed man. And then back to the blonde. And then back to Mr. Plain. Faux snickers and takes a big wipe of his face, both palms. "I'm sorry. Yes, I am the one who posted the request. I'm looking for assistance in the Stone Valley," he explains. "Also, I'm without much protection myself. I might require protecting, but my purpose is to not hinder fellow players like this in the future." He bows an unnecessary amount of times during this speech. "If you gentleman would be so kind.

After a moment of silence with his head bowed, he tilts himself upright and feigns a smile. "You can call me Faux."

Spoiler

tumblr_e20aa92013fb48970078afe08c16402b_96dbc9f8_1280.png.fc878be43c24ab3789f05d8efd3431d9.png

SABER (T2) | HP: 40/40 | EN: 22/22 | DMG: 1 [+4]

EVA: 0 | ACC: 0

Edited by fauxkiller

The silence finally cracked, the taste of nervousness fell away rather quickly. The notion met with a gentle smile that checked Faux's demeanor, before moving to address the man in plate. It was heavy and pulled light off in odd angles making it gleam under a stilled afternoon sun. This light finding itself reflecting of the lenses on his nose. "Well, glad that it seems you have some help." Raidou remarks and shuffling the bag of fruit in his grasp, the weight beginning to play on him a bit and slipping. It seemed as though the matter had been handled, This other fellow he'd recalled seeing as a contestant during Baldur's Tournament and should easily be able to handle his own. To show the player who'd admitted that this was his first rodeo.

A single step backward, and the nomad started about his day. Adjusting the bag around, and tucking the parcel back on his other. "Stone Valley..." The phrase stuck in his head as he repeated it. There were a number of hostiles in the area, it was a hotspot for the unprepared meeting an untimely demise no differently then the pile of items that conveyed a body in Black Iron. As to why a player that had just recently left the walls of sanctity that was the Town of Beginnings was eager to visit such a spot, eluded and astounded him. Furthermore, although Raidou was confident in this other players capabilities this wouldn't be a test of strength. Should they get overwhelmed, a singular rogue strike could very well mean Faux's death.

All of these thoughts occur in mere moments, and clutching onto his groceries Raidou slides open a menu. The flutter of a crimson red robe as it enters from a pocket, adorned with the slightest fraying and the familiar and yet ominous scents of the wilds. "Do you mind if I tag along?" offered with that same gentle smile, as the Red wanderer would walk again.

Stone Valley was no joke—monsters love the place. The man was smart to call for backup. Morningstar doubted that he would return, had he opted for the solo route. Of course, the blonde would offer his help to the player, despite his strange introduction and repeated bowing. When the other member of the trio spoke up, asking to join them on their journey to the valley, Morningstar smiled.

He was glad that the man had offered, considering the circumstances. It would have pained Morningstar to lose track of a low-leveled player during combat and have them die on his watch. A second pair of eyes and a spare weapon were exactly what they needed. It instilled a bit more confidence in Morningstar. He was positive that in a test of strength versus the mobs of Floor One, he would come out on top. However, he was no tank and any random, stray attack on his new acquaintance would be fatal. His conscious could not handle that.

He met the eyes of the white-haired fellow and then shifted them to the brunette. "If he's okay with it, then I welcome your help. The more the merrier, I say."

A swish of his hand brought Morningstar to his menu, where he scanned through various items choosing what to equip and what to leave in storage. He settled with his trusty greatsword and a teleport crystal, which he offered to the newbie.

"Might come in handy, just in case things take a turn for the worst. Better safe than sorry, yeah?"

The man of metal and blonde extends his arm out, holding a crystal for the weaker player. Faux takes it immediately. He nods thankfully at him and makes sure to take note of his gamertag: Morningstar. “Thank you…” Faux trails off as if he’s searching for a name. “What should I call you? Star?” These men seem friendly, and honest. They both are quick to accept his request, and this makes Faux hopeful that the men feel confident in their abilities. He had heard of the treachery that awaited them in the valley; but if he didn’t, the genuine concern these two share hung thickly in the air. Faux was about to thank them and bow (again) when the plain man transforms into a red caper, with just a switch of the wrist. The adornment made Faux giggle (althought that might not have been Raidou’s intention), as it reminded him of the superhero animes he would watch as a kid back home.  He gives Raidou a thumbs up and a half smile.

Then, Faux’s expression suddenly turns from a welcoming beam to a concerning shadow. He stares at the two men intensely. “I don’t expect to be much help at first, but I imagine if I can observe and remain extra cautious, perhaps you two could provide an opening for me to strike. I like to think of myself as a decent analyst and will provide any insight when possible, ” Faux rattles on, hoping to inspire the men to not be so on edge. 

What’s important is that players who can progress towards escape stay alive. I will use this crystal if need be, and you two should take similar measures to protect yourselves if the situation becomes dire. I do not expect you to lay your life down for me. Just humor a former voyeur,” Faux winks at his soon-to-be crimson heroes. 

And another thing,” Faux sighs. “Before we head out… Do either of you happen to have spare armor? He could learn to exercise a little discretion. 

Spoiler

EVA: 0 | ACC: 0

Spoiler

+ 1 Teleport Crystal ! [FROM: Morningstar]

Edited by fauxkiller

The robe came to rest on his shoulders, finding itself closed and beginning to hide his rather plain appearance beneath it. Raidou looks to Morningstar with a small nod "Good call, best be prepared. If it hasn't been cleared out recently the area could be overgrown." Raising a hand to compliment the insecure feeling in his stomach as Faux bowed to the both of them. "I'm sure you will do fine, Faux. You'd be surprised how much you can accomplish with a bit of ingenuity. Skills only go so far, its how they are used that matters. Your headspace will do you wonders. Keep you safe." The groceries beneath the long robe still held beneath his left arm, this shouldn't be too much of an issue. Although he could take the time to take them back, it wouldn't be ideal. Raidou found himself concerned on the twos behalf, and was exasperated by the sudden inquiry about an armor. He couldn't take the risk if they should decide to start without him.

So instead, he'd just operate with one arm. Shouldn't be an issue on floor 1.

"I currently do not, I am sure I can have something commissioned but not on such short notice." he explains as he begins to pull open his menu, orchestrating to his map and beginning to change its size with his fingers. A flash of green on his iris as he triggers [Tracking] and a number of red dots begin to appear on the 3D map laid out in front of him. "It would seem that the area has been farmed recently, the numbers don't suggest that its been left dormant for too long. Maybe 3 days tops. The counts will be large but manageable. Wolves, Wargs or Hobgoblins. Perhaps even the occasional Nepent. Did either of you prepare some antidotes?" Raidou remarks as he looks to them both.

"Star's fine, yeah. What do you two go by?" He returned the question.

Morningstar fumbled around his inventory in search of an extra set of armor, but it did not seem like he had one lying around. There was a sword that he had long since forgotten but it looked weaker than the one the rapier Faux wielded. Besides, it was a two-handed straight sword. He doubted the man would have much use for it.

"Sorry," he shook his head, "I've got no armor to offer either."

He continued looking through his inventory while Raidou scanned his map of the valley. "No antidotes on me, unfortunately. Just HP and overhealth. Nothing strong." He glanced at Faux, considering whether or not it would be best to hand over the overhealth potion and let him use it. He would probably still be one shot, at his level. From head to toe, he looked over Raidou. It was hard to tell what type of build he was running just by looking at him.

"What're your strengths, friend? Might be smart for us to strategize a little before we get started."

"I currently do not, I am sure I can have something commissioned but not on such short notice." That's unfortunate. "Sorry, I've got no armor to offer either." A double whammy. Faux sighs at this revelation, but it was always a possibility that he suffer an unfortunate swiping out here. It's a shame he would make it so easy for those beasts. He shrugs this off.

The newly red Raidou begins marking the map. Supposedly, the hoard should be managable. Faux tries to subtly glance over at Star as their party member details the valley's spawns. Something about the golden man poked at Faux's curiosity. There's a friendliness in his speech that felt familiar to him, like a childhood friend or a favorite coworker. But, he doesn't want to be rude so he listens as intently as possible to the new information. "You can call my Faux," the weak link blurts after Raidou has stopped speaking, failing to acknowledge his question. "I've only been face-to-face with those hogs in the plains, so it will be nice to be chased by something new," he says this earnestly. 

"What're your strengths, friend? Might be smart for us to strategize a little before we get started."

'What are my strengths?' Faux wonders. He knows this question was not for him, but he couldn't help but ponder if he's truly obtained any strengths in this world to offer. Combat wise, there would be little to boast about for Faux; in fact, no record to even review. He had gotten lucky being granted his saber, and learning sword arts was simply a matter of reading. Perhaps, his whit and his experience in the real world would afford him some helpful common sense. But, how much of their common sense is applicabe to Aincrad? Faux's eyes wander. He glances around as if uninterested in the conversation, his mind drifting elsewhere.

Spoiler

Edited by fauxkiller

His attentions shift to the other fellow who the instruction and information seemed to whizz on past. Offering his left hand to his mouth and offering a sharp cough, this kind of analysis may have been a bit too much. This was not normally the sort of battles he was preparing for, and it shouldn't need to be so grandiose he supposed. "Let's hope it doesn't come to that." The guy responds with a wave of his hand, dismissing the screen that was already committed to memory for him. As it would appear, there wasn't much to be worried about. The numbers were inflated, sure but nothing that even the slightest generation couldn't control. "Then we steer as far as we can from the forest. Best to not risk any chance of poisons." A silent account that it could prove lethal should it stick.

Morningstar's questions finally stick now that his sit rep had been completed, albeit cut short. "Oh...uh." Raidou offers him with a left, realizing the grocery bag before extending his right instead. A fingerless glove reaches out in a handshake. "The names Kuzunoha, Raidou. Raidou is fine." The second question, a more turbulent one and yet Raidou didn't hesitate to answer it. "I am... was a frontline tank." The small correction given his retirement and upcoming wedding arrangements came to mind. "Maybe we should get a move on, wolves become worrisome once night hits."

Morningstar did not press for details. "A tank, huh? I'm focused on DPS so that works out well."

With Raidou blocking incoming hits, Morningstar would be free to weave in attacks alongside Faux. Their team dynamic seemed sound to him. Faux would be protected and they would all leave happy and, hopefully, a bit wealthier. "Nice to meet you both. I look forward to working with ya."

Raidou insisted that they made their leave; it was not long until night would fall, making it dangerous for them to continue. The blonde shot a look towards the stable, where he had dropped off his horse. There was no protected carriages in a village so small. They were limited to horseback and walking. Neither of the two was optimal. Walking would take a good chunk of time and keeping an eye on Faux would be difficult if they were riding horses. Maybe two of them could share a single horse. It could make things a bit easier.

"Any preferences for how we travel? I can rent us a few of those," he said, pointing at the stable, "if you guys don't feel like making the journey on foot."

Either way, Morningstar was not picky. He was comfortable walking distances similar to this and, frankly, had only started using transportation options fairly recently.

Faux silently agrees with Star not to press that subject. Although, he could see the reflection of something more in Raidou’s eyes upon mention of his former position. It’s impressive, nonetheless, to be traveling with someone who had fought on the frontlines. While Faux was interested in toughening up, he still had absolutely no interest in fighting at the front. No life is guaranteed up there. Maybe Faux did understand Raidou better than he knew.

And then a proposition to ride horses. Faux turns his head to hide his cheeks warming. The only time he rode a horse in this game was with another player who had requested a date in exchange for information. He clears his throat. But, before he can reject the idea, he remembers how much he dislikes walking long distances in this game. He didn’t realize how far the valley is from Horunka, and based on Raidou’s wanting to avoid nightfall, they might want to prioritize speed. 

Horses are not a bad suggestion,” Faux starts, turning back to his partners, “But it’d feel wrong letting you pay for them all yourself. I could offer a small bit of Col if it helps.” Then, he smiles at Raidou. “Better yet, you must have a large sum of Col. You pay. Faux says this with a kind smile, as if it’s a universal truth and not a command. 

Spoiler

Edited by fauxkiller

It seemed they'd decided on a pair of horses with Faux taking a bit of a glow to the notion, and although Raidou had considered it a few time he'd never taken that bait. More for the horses sake then anything, he couldn't bear the thought of leaving an animal in the middle of the wild as he pranced around. "Then its settled." His eyes trace to Morningstar. "Likewise, its a pleasure to finally put a name to the face." Reciprocating the handshake before taking a few odd steps. "I'll meet you there." He answers in a monotone and mysterious way, adjusting the lenses on his nose as he proceeded outside of Horunka's walls.

A number of NPC carrying crates and bags, the odd horse or two eating out in cordoned pastures. Cattle joining them from troughs. This quant little farming community where dear Anna and her mother that could never keep track of her resided. Paying the two a visit, seeing that the girl still took up residence and was safe for now. With a smile Raidou rakes her hair as she latches on to his upper thigh. Leaning down and whispering in her ear, the girl becomes flush and nods. That ring she'd given him finally had a use.

After giving both players ample time to beat feet and get to the Stone Valley, Raidou reaches to his neck and clutches on to Ruri's Tear. A flash of blue light as the gateway opens, and he hops through.

Alchemists didn't need roads.

"Nah, don't worry about it. I'm supposed to be helping you out," he laughed.

Morningstar appreciated Faux's offer to help pay for their steeds. He deemed him a respectable guy. Chivalrous, even. However, the blonde could not accept his money; he doubted the man had much to offer and did not intend to rob him. Instead, he gave him a pat on the shoulder and turned to lead the crew to the stables.

Raidou surprised him. He gave him a look of obvious confusion, then looked at Faux. It was probably best not to question the tank's words, although he found it unlikely that they would stray far from his mind in the near future. Morningstar shrugged, turning away with Faux at his side.

"See ya there then," he chuckled.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

They rode for a while until, eventually, they arrived at Stone Valley. Sunset was nearing but not at a worrisome rate. They had an hour, maybe two, of good light. After that, Morningstar would suggest they call it a night. Raidou had yet to arrive and Morningstar was still unaware of how he intended on meeting them. He wondered if there were other types of mounts that he did not know of. It would be a surprise to him; he had yet to see someone ride something that was not already common on its respective floor.

He gave Faux a chance to dismount before doing the same and tied the horse to a nearby tree. It was small and frail looking. Its branches were crooked and pointed upwards like jagged arrows. Morningstar was no expert, but he thought it was dying. He hoped that it was strong enough to hold the horse, not that he thought it would move around much.

It did not take long for the party to catch the attention of a nearby monster. It was a warg. Morningstar had not seen one in what felt like a millennium, not since he was grinding his way through the first floor all that time ago. It brought back memories. Not happy ones.

He withdrew his Royal Greatsword, steadily approaching their first target. "You can follow my lead."

Activating a simple sword art, he slashed the monster, leaving a large red mark in the wake of his blade.

Spoiler

PARTY
MorningstarHP: 620/620 | EN: 88/100 (-12) | DMG: 23 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 107 | LD: 5 | Stealth Rating: -5 | EN Cost: +1 (+0 on first 2 turns)
Faux HP: 40/40 | EN: 22/22 | DMG: 5
RaidouHP: 1000/1000 | EN: 138/138 | DMG: 11 | MIT: 69 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 2 | BH: 55 | LD: 6 | BLGT: 32 | REC: 8 | TAUNT | V.D.: 110 | V.O.: 165

ENEMIES
Warg | HP: 84/384 | DMG: 192

ACTIONS
Morningstar's attack
ID213629 | BD: 10 | <<ST-I vs Warg>> | (23+2)*12 = 300 DMG

Edited by Morningstar

Dissapointed, sure, but certainly not surprised that the man with shoulderblades crimson was not interested in paying. In fact, it would seem he little interest in their means of transportation. With an adjustment of his glasses and a toss of the cape in gorgeous flare, he is setting off. Faux turns to a giggling Star and smiles. "Thank you. We should get going, then.

The ride to the Stone Valley was stunning. Faux didn't mind riding behind the stranger, because his mind was spinning and soaring through the valley in the distance. All that his eye could capture he would absorb. He even recorded a couple scenes in his sketchbook, being sure to also attempt a crude rendering of the horse they were riding. 

When they arrive, Faux dismounts and watches his new teammate secure their steed. They don't have much time to talk or imagine where Raidou is before a Warg is crawling into their path. This thing is the largest creature Faux has seen in person thus far. Its face is gnarled on the left side, as if it's been defending its valley for decades. It ends today.

Faux's saber glows a faint opalescent white, amplifying the bleach of its blade. He focuses on his target. This is his first attempt at sword arts. Following his metal counterpart, Faux would lunge forward at the Warg and strike it immediately after Morningstar finishes his attack. With a swing of his glowing saber, he succesfully slashes a sewing of red fibers from the unfortunate beast's shoulder. "Ha." 'I did it.'

Spoiler

PARTY
Morningstar HP: 620/620 | EN: 88/100 (-12) | DMG: 23 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 107 | LD: 5 | Stealth Rating: -5 | EN Cost: +1 (+0 on first 2 turns)
Faux HP: 40/40 | EN: 16/22 (-6) | DMG: 5
Raidou HP: 1000/1000 | EN: 138/138 | DMG: 11 | MIT: 69 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 2 | BH: 55 | LD: 6 | BLGT: 32 | REC: 8 | TAUNT | V.D.: 110 | V.O.: 165

ENEMIES
Warg | HP: 54/384 | DMG: 192

ROLL ID: 213791 / BD: 8 / HIT! 

<<ST-I vs Warg>> | [5]*6 = 30 DMG

Edited by fauxkiller

The gateway closes behind him, finding him nearby the target he'd coordinate locked using [Tracking]. The sounds of conflict confirmed they'd already arrived, and as Raidou crests the treeline he locks eyes with the culprit. As it would seem, Morningstar was showing him the ropes and Faux had a decent head on his shoulders. Unsheathing his blade, leaning low and allowing [Nimble] to fire. One by one skills trigger and firing out of the brush at near breakneck speeds, the heavy osmium blade collides with the side of his hapless victim. The deafening crack, like a car finding a wall going 90. It's appearance seems to distort under the velocity, as his momentum is transferred into the creature through a deep crimson connection.

This poor warg finds itself gyrating out of control, hitting the rough and coarse stone beneath it.

Once, twice... and

*BLAM*

A tiny prompt accompanies a dancing set of cyan blue shards of glass that flicker off before vanishing. The prompt reads a UI font which reads <<Immortal Object>>, its source one sturdy tree. The layer of dust turned cloud that obscured the area starts to settle, a heavy blade hangs low as Raidou tussles his spectacles. "Nicely done." he mutters to Faux, in a reaffirming at his capabilities. A bag of apples still tucked under his left arm.

Spoiler

Post Action | TECH-C (x16,  12 EN, +2 Shift): 14 EN - 3 (Rested 2/2, Stamina) = 11 EN
Free Action | N/a

ID#213799 | BD: 7+2=9, (hit) vs. Warg #1 dealing (11*16=176 DMG)

PARTY
Morningstar | HP: 620/620 | EN: 88/100 | DMG: 23 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 107 | LD: 5 | Stealth Rating: -5 | EN Cost: +1 (+0 on first 2 turns)
Faux | HP: 40/40 | EN: 16/22 | DMG: 5
Raidou | HP: 1000/1000 | EN: 127/138 (-11) | DMG: 11 | MIT: 69 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 2 | BH: 55 | LD: 6 | BLGT: 32 | REC: 8 | TAUNT | V.D.: 110 | V.O.: 165

ENEMIES
[1,1,0] Warg #1 | HP: 54/384 | DMG: 192

Loot:
ID#213801 - LD: 19+7 (Searching 5, Nimble, Paragon), CD: 12

Faux quickly got the hang of things. His strike was accurate and quick, dealing enough damage to cripple the poor beast. Intent on finishing it off for them, he stepped towards it, both hands gripping the hilt of his sword. Then, from out of nowhere, Raidou reappeared, brandishing his bag of apples.

"That works," Morningstar said, putting his greatsword away.

The warg was gone in a flash, remembered only by the loot that the tank received for slaying it. He nodded at Raidou's comment. Faux had done surprisingly well for being so new to fighting. There was always room for improvement, of course, but he swung his sword rather efficiently and with more confidence than many others would have. The blonde crossed his arms, shifting his eyes between the group and the apples. "You're on your way to becoming a pretty fine duelist," Morningstar said to Faux, before scanning the rest of the nearby area for follow-up monsters.

"How much did ya pay for those apples, by the way? Mind if I buy one off of you?"

Another stray warg wandered towards them from the flank, tiptoeing down the nearby cliffside. It lunged at the group and Morningstar took notice, slashing through it.

Spoiler

COMBAT | ID: 213814 BD: 10
<<TECH-A>> vs Warg | (23+2)*16 = 400 Damage

LOOTING | ID: 213815 LD: 4+5 = 9 CD: 7
+ 2,304 Col
+ 2 Materials
+ 1 T4 Rare Trinket

PARTY
Morningstar | HP: 620/620 | EN: 79/100 (-13) | DMG: 23 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 107 | LD: 5 | Stealth Rating: -5 | EN Cost: +1 (+0 on first 2 turns)
Faux | HP: 40/40 | EN: 16/22 | DMG: 5
Raidou | HP: 1000/1000 | EN: 127/138 | DMG: 11 | MIT: 69 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 2 | BH: 55 | LD: 6 | BLGT: 32 | REC: 8 | TAUNT | V.D.: 110 | V.O.: 165

ENEMIES
[1,0,0] Warg #1 | HP: 0/384 | DMG: 192

Edited by Morningstar

Faux is appreciative of the kind words from the experienced players, but there's little to show on his face. He sheathes his blade. It was clear that the other two were significantly stronger, and doing most of the heavy lifting. The dusky boy admired them for uplifting him in this moment without being patronizing. 

However, his eyes could barely follow Raidou's movement just now. And the fact that he so calmly stood in this dangerous valley at the edge of night with his groceries still in hand made Faux feel a bit silly for having to concentrate so hard. Even now, the hairs on the back of his head rise and fall every few minutes at the sense of a new potential threat. In fact, if he were only slightly lesser of a man, Faux might have soiled his pants at the flash of ruby cutting through the battle just now. In less words, it was shocking, impressive, and relieving all at once. 

Faux is so deep in thought that he doesn't even see the Warg approaching the trio until it is being slain. "How much did ya pay for those apples, by the way? Mind if I buy one off of you?" Again, both handling battle so casually. Faux is amused by them. While the two men exuded quite different energies at the beginning of the day, it would seem they both carry the quiet confidence of true heroes. This is comforting to Faux, that people like this exist here.

"Thank you both so much for bringing me here. I wouldn't have been able to see the sights I've seen on my own," he gives his signature thumbs up and awkward smile. "I will continue to seek understanding of Aincrad for the betterment of all--!

Just as Faux attempts inspiring words, a low humming sound fills the air. And then, it's accompanied by flapping. These sounds conjoin and flood the man's ears as a giant bettle-looking insect descends on the group. Faux immediately jumps backwards and unsheathes his saber. He would attempt to halt it, this time before the other two. 

Only this time, Faux would use his saber almost like a spear, jolting forward in similar fashion to how he had watched Raidou do a moment ago. Except, Faux does not move with the same burst of speed. Nonetheless, he stabs his saber into the beetle successfully, and swiped it outwards from its position in one of its winds. That was a different sword art. It felt a little awkward at first, but certainly impacted the insectoid. 

Spoiler

PARTY
Morningstar HP: 620/620 | EN: 79/100 | DMG: 23 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 107 | LD: 5 | Stealth Rating: -5 | EN Cost: +1 (+0 on first 2 turns)
Faux HP: 40/40 | EN: 9/22 (-7) | DMG: 5
Raidou HP: 1000/1000 | EN: 127/138 | DMG: 11 | MIT: 69 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 2 | BH: 55 | LD: 6 | BLGT: 32 | REC: 8 | TAUNT | V.D.: 110 | V.O.: 165

ENEMIES
Giant Beetle| HP370/400 | DMG: 195

ROLL ID: 213816 / BD: 7  / HIT! 

<< TECH-A vs Giant Beetle>> | [5]*6 = 30 DMG + [STUN FOR 1 TURN]

Edited by fauxkiller

Upkeep: +4 EN recovered, ID #213823: CD 2 (Recovery/VD no proc)

The nomad glanced into the bag, shuffling the contents around a bit. "Oh these? 100 col each. But by the dozen they're cheaper. There from a tree that Ariel and I found, so the village gives me them at a low rate. Golden apples from a tree out in their pastures." Reaching in and plucking one out, he'd offer one to Morningstar. A brilliant almost metallic shade to its outer skin, there were 'golden delicious' and then were these things. Looked like they'd break your damn teeth. Even still he gestures the bag to the fellow.

"Way I see it, a couple of them are free so take your pick." His attentions shift to Faux, finding his gesture colorful. "Not an issue, I'm sure...Morningstar" The hesitation given he wasn't comfortable using an abbreviation. "is with me, we are glad to give a hand when we can." The buzzing catches his senses, and a thick red film that appeared began to bleed off his shoulders. These vaporous strands of silk, slightly translucent and heavy ooze off him like dry ice. Visible hatred. But its cut short, with a reflexive action from Faux in his own right.

With senses like those, and with a reaction like that. Raidou looks to Morningstar and nods. Faux would go far.

Spoiler

Post Action | N/a
Free Action | N/a

Giant Beetle is [Stunned!], takes no action and [Stunned!] is replaced with Stun Immunity [0/4]

PARTY
Morningstar | HP: 620/620 | EN: 79/100 | DMG: 23 | ACC: 4 | MIT: 107 | LD: 5 | Stealth Rating: -5 | EN Cost: +1 (+0 on first 2 turns)
Faux | HP: 40/40 | EN: 10/22 | DMG: 5
Raidou | HP: 1000/1000 | EN: 131/138 | DMG: 11 | MIT: 69 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 2 | BH: 55 | LD: 6 | BLGT: 32 | REC: 8 | TAUNT | V.D.: 110 | V.O.: 165

ENEMIES
[0,1,0] Giant Beetle | HP: 370/400 | DMG: 195 | Stun Immunity [0/4]