[PP - F01] KnightessCiela Joins the Battle | <<The First Lesson>>

Posted (edited)

She cheered her companion on as he began combat. She could tell by the stance he took that he wasn't afraid at all, he was confident and sure of his movements. Most of all he was poised. She watched contently as the attack he dealt hit three of the four wolves, leaving the three that were hit stunned. After he was done attacking she took a quick moment to search for materials. After a short moment, she turns up with nothing and goes back to watching Wulfrin fight. She watched as the wolf that wasn't stunned attempted to bite Wulfrin. She shielded her eyes with her hands, but peeked through her fingers slightly, worried the wolf may hit her companion. She's utterly suprised when the wolf misses entirely. She watched as he set up his next attack, listening to his statement and taking a mental note of what he's told her. "You got it! I'll keep that in mind!"

Gathering | ID: 220208 | LD: 10
No Materials Found

Total Materials: 3/5

Edited by KnightessCiela

Wulfrin rushed towards the pack of wolves once again. This time his blade shone with the brilliant blue of a different sword art. Each wolf recoiled from the strike of his sword. As the final strike landed a holographic square appeared to move outward from the group, the afterimage of Horizontal Square. Three of his targets burst into a shower of polygons as the fourth lunged at Wulfrin with fangs bared in retaliation. Wulfrin ducked to his left and rolls repositioning himself for what he hoped to be his final strike. He briefly looked back at his companion to ensure she wasn't in danger. Satisfied that she was not being harassed, he focused his attention back on the final wolf. Its health bar was on the verge of being completely drained, yet it stood firm. Wulfrin couldn't help but admire the wolf's determination to keep fighting. He would do the same if he was faced with impending death.

"Well come on then fido," Wulfrin taunted. "Let's see how long you can keep up."

Recovery Roll: ID: 220229 | CD: 7 | +2 EN
Recovery: 4 EN

Post Action: AoE-I (x9, 17 EN)
Free action: None

ID: 220225 | BD: 10 (+2 DMG) | DMG: (16*9) = 144 to wolf 1 | Bleed Proc (-24 hp) | Para Proc
ID: 220226 | BD: 9 (+1 DMG) | DMG: (15*9) = 135 to wolf 2 | Bleed Proc (-24 hp) | Para Proc 
ID: 220227 | BD: 7 + 3 = 10 | DMG: (14*9) = 126 to wolf 3
ID: 220228 | BD: 3 + 3 = 6 | DMG: (14*9) = 126 to Wolf 4

Wulfrin | HP: 260/260 | EN: 15/44 | DMG 14 | MIT 44 | ACC 3 | REC 1

Wolf #1 | HP: 44/156 | DMG 52 | Stun Immun (1/3) | Bleed (-24HP) 0/2 (44-144) dead
Wolf #2 | HP: 12/156 | DMG 52 | Stun Immun (1/3) | Bleed (-24HP) 0/2 (12-135) dead
Wolf #3 | HP: 44/156 | DMG 52 | Stun Immun (1/3) (44-126) dead
Wolf #4 | HP: 30/156 | DMG 52 (156-126)

Wolves Turns:
Wolf #4 attacks Wulfrin

ID: 220230 | MD: 4 miss 

Wulfrin | HP: 260/260 | EN: 15/44 | DMG 14 | MIT 44 | ACC 3 | REC 1

Wolf #4 | HP: 30/156 | DMG 52

Loot Rolls

Wolf #1
ID: 220231 | CD 10 | LD 7+2 =9
Col: 468 + 312 (CD Even) + 156 (CD 10) = 936 Col
Mats: 2 (LD odd)
Items
T2 Rare Trinket ID: 220231

Wolf #2
ID: 220232 | CD 4 | LD 3+2=5
Col: 468 + 312 (CD Even) = 780 Col
Items

Wolf #3
ID: 220233 | CD 3 | LD 17+2=19
Col: 468 
Mats: 4 (CD + LD odd)
Items
T2 Perfect Consumable ID: 220233a
T2 Rare Trinket ID: 220233b

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

Ciela continued to watch her companion fight. She was beginning to become visibly frustrated by the lack of materials she'd been finding. "Man am I unlucky." She scratches her head confusedly and continues to search while also paying attention to the fight. She lets out a chuckle as she hears Wulfrin taunt the wolf. As he looked back at her, she gave a thumbs up. "I'm good! You got this, get em Wulfrin!" She watched Wulfrin fight and she was in awe of him. She studied his weapon and wondered if he could make her one that was similar to his. She planned to ask him once he was done fighting. She was definitely interested to see his shop as well as all the different things he's crafted so far. She sat back down in the grass, making herself comfortable. She sat close to the river and splashed her fingers on the surface of the water.

Gathering | ID: 220234 | LD: 2
No Materials Found

Edited by KnightessCiela

Wulfrin and the wolf had a stare down for a count of 3. Both charged each other with speed and ferocity. Wulfrin's blade began to glow with a green light as he prepared for a strike downward. The wolf jumped towards Wulfrin ready to tear into his virtual flesh as the sword cleaved through its form. Wulfrin continued his strike by swiping back upward sending the wolf flying backwards and up into the air. Before it could hit the ground, its HP hit zero and it shattered into a shower of fractal polygons like the wolves before it. Wulfrin was breathing heavily. His Energy gauge was almost empty and the system was making sure he knew it. He recollected himself and returned the blade to its home within the scabbard at his side.

"And that's all she wrote," Wulfrin said as he returned to his companion. "The hardest part is aiming. If you get that initial motion right, the system will let your body move on its own with more accuracy and speed than you could if you actually tried to perform the skills in real life. Knowledge of sword play does help with basic attacks and dodging, but aren't that necessary."

Recovery Roll: ID: 220242 | CD: 9 | +2 EN
Recovery: 4 EN

Post Action: ST-I (x10, 10 EN)
Free action: None

ID: 220241 | BD: 9 (+1 DMG) | DMG: (15*10) = 150 to Wolf 4 | Bleed Proc | Para Proc

Wulfrin | HP: 260/260 | EN: 9/44 | DMG 14 | MIT 44 | ACC 3 | REC 1

Wolf #4 | HP: 30/156 | DMG 52 (30-150) dead

Loot Rolls

Wolf #4
ID: 220243 | CD 12 | LD 3+2 =5
Col: 468 + 312 (CD Even) + 156 (CD 12) = 936 Col
Items
T2 Rare Trinket ID: 220243

Rewards for thread

+28 Fishing EXP this thread

Col: 3,120
Mats: 11
Items
T2 Rare Trinkets [220243] [220233b] [220231]
T2 Perfect Consumable [220233a]
T2 Unidentified Perfect Weapons [220061a] | [220061b] 
T2 Unidentified Perfect Armor/Shield [220061c] | [220061d] 
T2 Random Dungeon Map [220061e]

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

As Wulfrin landed the final blow, Ciela's eyes widened and her mouth was agape. She began slowly clapping. "Bravo. I definitely wanna be as powerful as you are someday." She twirled her hair with with her fingers. "I used to practice swordplay with those heavy plastic like swords in real life. But it's been a very long time since the last time I practiced." She patted the ground next to where she was sitting, inviting Wulfrin to take a seat. "Take a break you look exhausted. Maybe you'll get better luck with some fishing for a moment." She looked over at him. "What about you, have you ever practiced swordplay before being thrust into the game?" She paused and began to lean back, quickly realizing she's relaxed too soon as she lands her back on the ground just a little too hard. Hoping her companion didn't notice, she lets out the quietest, "ow."

Gathering | ID: 220270 | LD: 4
No Materials Found

Edited by KnightessCiela

"My background is from like childhood years," Wulfrin replied. "But since the system makes up for the slack, a lot of the motions and forms have sort of returned. I'd call it muscle memory, but we don't exactly have those right now."

Wulfrin pulled his fishing rod back out and cast it back into the river. He took the seat offered to him just as his companion bonked her head on the ground. Wulfrin let out a small chuckle as he watched the bobber dance along the waves. Floor One always had the right mix of danger and peace. Wulfrin guessed that was by design so that new players didn't run away at the first sight of a monster. In a regular MMO, this would be the perfect starting area. Wulfrin however had been to the Monument of Life in Black Iron Palace. On that ornate slab were the names of the players who had died in the game, and there were far too many of them with "killed by boar" next to it.

"So I noticed the heavy armor," Wulfrin said attempting to start up a conversation. "Are you planning to spec into being a tank?"

EN Recovery (post 1/3)

Fishing Attempt | ID: 220271 | CD: 5 | LD: 17 | Nothing Found | +3 exp
Rank 2 Fisher: 
Success on CD 7+ Critical on LD 11+
+1 LD while opening up treasure chests obtained by the Fishing skill

Rewards for thread

+31 Fishing EXP this thread

Mats: 11
Items

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

She nodded, "I don't usually play MMOs. But when I do I usually choose support like a healing class, or tank with a mix of dps. I guess it just depends on the game. There have been times in MMOs where I've played a support class but I was the tank of the party. Honestly, I chose heavy armor because I wanted to play a true tank for once. So once I level up and get more SP I can get more fancy skills. Do you have any suggestions on skills to grab?" She looked over at her companion and asked, "What did you spec into? By the looks of your gear, it's definitely not support." She giggled. She still hunted for those elusive materials, finally after what felt like ages of not finding one she got one. She almost wanted to jump for joy but composed herself and clicked the menu away.

Gathering | ID: 220272 | LD: 18
+1 Material Found
Total Materials: 4/5

Edited by KnightessCiela

"Your assumption is correct," Wulfrin affirmed. "I specialized in damage. I have ranks in light armor but that is mainly so I have some sort of buffer in case I get hit."

Wulfrin pondered for a moment. He had fought along side some tanks in his travels. He had a decent idea of suggestions, but nothing for certain. Commonly they all had ways to focus monster aggression onto themselves and had ways of mitigating the damage they took. Often they used a shield and heavy armor with additional enhancements that dealt damage onto their attackers.

"I have a few suggestions," Wulfrin said as he reset his line after reeling in his catch. "Invest in a weapon skill first, as that will give you a way to protect yourself. The Martial Arts skill is an option but its locked behind a quest. Pick up a shield once you get the chance. I can't quite make them yet, but I'm close. If you don't want to wait visit Knight Shift up on floor eighteen. Ren makes Tier 1 gear for free. As for later down the line you want some way to increase your hate on mobs. The skill Howl and later Focused Howl are the go to for that. Battle healing is a must, to keep your HP up. As for your armor look out for enhancements that deal damage when something hits you. I can put thorns on Armor and Shields as a starting point, but most of the fun ones are unique enhancements which require an appraiser and unidentified items, like the ones I got from the wolves and fishing."

A grin crept across Wulfrin's face. "I actually may have a way for you to draw hate before getting the Howl skill."

EN Recovery (post 2/3)

Fishing Attempt | ID: 220273 | CD: 11 | LD: 1 | Success | +8 exp
Rank 2 Fisher: 

+1 Material

Rewards for thread

+39 Fishing EXP this thread

Mats: 12
Items

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

She listened intently to Wulfrin as he gave her tips. She was taking mental notes of all of the suggestions he's given her so far. As he spoke, she continued to search for materials. She only needed one more and she wanted so badly to get it so she could continue the rest of this quest. She got up from their relaxation spot and began to look elsewhere, attempting to not stray very far from her companion. She even attempted looking under the rocks where the river met the ground. After a while with no luck, she sat back down and relaxed once more. She leaned back more carefully this time, assuming that her companion saw her bonk her head based on the chuckle he let out right after it happened. She then looked up at him, and she noticed a grin begin to creep across his face. She immediately began to get worried, "Wh-What's with the creepy grin? What are you planning?" 

Gathering | ID: 220274 | LD: 7
No Materials Found
Total Materials: 4/5

Edited by KnightessCiela

"So..." Wulfrin started. "There is a boss here on floor one that drops a reusable item. Said item has the ability to generate additional hate for you. If you can get a decent blade and some sword arts, I bet you could come along with me. It isn't much stronger than the wolves I fought, so it will be the perfect capstone for your second lesson. There is a downside, I will technically be no stronger than you as far as stats. It will cap me to Tier 1, and my Sword Arts will scale down from Rank 4 to Rank 2."

Hearing the plan out loud, Wulfrin shook his head. He was stupid for even suggesting it. "On second thought, it might be too risky. I have the HP to take the hits, but you wouldn't. Not to mention it's mitigation stat will likely soak up most of the damage you do. Forget I suggested it."

EN Recovery (post 3/3): EN Full

Fishing Attempt | ID: 220275 | CD: 10 | LD: 15 | Critical Catch | +16 exp
Rank 2 Fisher: 

+1 Material

Fishing Chest
ID: 220276 | LD: 13 +1 = 14

T2 Perfect Armor/Shield [220276]
T2 Rare Armor/Shield [220276]

Rewards for thread

+55 Fishing EXP this thread

Mats: 13
Items
T2 Unidentified Rare Trinkets [220243] [220233b] [220231]
T2 Unidentified Perfect Consumable [220233a]
T2 Unidentified Perfect Armor/Shield [220061c] | [220061d] [220276]

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

Ciela looked at Wulfrin, astonished. She put her hand on his shoulder to attempt to reassure him. "No, no, it's a good plan. Let's get me a weapon and maybe some stronger armor first. Then we can attempt to tackle that boss. But in my current state, you would have to carry me and if we don't have the damage output then it would be a game of high tail it the heck out of there as soon as possible so we don't die. Honestly, I'm not going to be fully tanking anytime soon, I know that for certain." She got up and began looking for materials once more, hoping, praying even, that this time she would get lucky enough to get the last one. She looked under rocks and didn't find anything, so she swapped to picking herbs. The menu popped up and she clicked it away. "Good news. We can head back to Zackariah. I got my last material that I needed."

Gathering | ID: 220277 | LD: 16
+1 Material Found
Total Materials: 5/5

Edited by KnightessCiela

"It's not necessary," Wulfrin replied. "Besides, if you go through The Bloodstained Land, you'll likely skyrocket up several levels letting you grab a handful of skills all at once. i also wouldn't go without picking up a teleportation crystal or two. They are literal life savers."

With nothing biting, Wulfrin recalled his fishing rod. "Sounds like a plan to me. Follow me." He guided the duo back to Tolbana and through the winding streets of Tolbana. He had a decent haul form his little fishing and hunting expedition. Eventually he led the duo to the small alchemy shop of Zackariah.

"Welcome back you two!" Zackariah announced. "Find anything good this time Wulfrin?"

"Handful of useful things," Wulfrin gestured over his shoulder to Ciela. "She's the one you really want to talk to."

Wulfrin spotted movement in the shadows of Zackariah's shop. A small mongoose made almost of pure shadow stared back with its beady blue eyes. Wulfrin followed its movement to another player clad in shadows that seemed to suck in the light around them.

"Go craft your stuff," Wulfrin said to Ciela. "I'm gunna have a chat with mister brooding over there." He gestured to the man patiently leaning against the wall.

Fishing Attempt | ID: 220278 | CD: 4 | LD: 6 | Nothing found | +3 exp
Rank 2 Fisher: 

Rewards for thread

+58 Fishing EXP this thread

Mats: 13
Items
T2 Unidentified Rare Trinkets [220243] [220233b] [220231]
T2 Unidentified Perfect Consumable [220233a]

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

"Bloodstained Land? Sounds dangerous." She followed him closely as they headed back to Zackariah's shop. Right as they entered Zackariah greeted them, "Welcome back you two! Find anything good this time Wulfrin?" Wulfrin gestured to Ciela, giving her the chance to talk to Zackariah. "I've got the materials you were wanting. Sorry it took so long." She immediately facepalmed, remembering she's not talking to a real person but an NPC. She usually said sorry out of pure habit. She always apologized even when it wasn't fully necessary. Zackariah responded, "Yes! Yes! Bring them here. Now use these materials to craft a Healing potion for me. Make as many attempts as you need, I'm a patient man." She began working on crafting the potion. Her first attempt yields nothing, as she notices her companion go over to a shadow in the corner. "I'm definitely trying." Zackariah presents new materials for Ciela to attempt again, "Try again, dear, you'll get it." She makes another attempt and this time she gets it. Content with herself she smirks, "It's a rare healing potion!"

She hands it to Zackariah and he examines it. "You did a fantastic job!" Zackariah hands the items to Ciela and states, "Now, was there anything else?" Ciela thinks for a moment, then remembers. "Oh! Yes! Did Mayor Dorian happen to lend you money? He can't remember who he lent it to." Zackariah chuckles and shakes his head. "Leave it to Dorian to forget something so important. No, I'm afraid it wasn't me that borrowed the col. You might try Lyle, the blacksmith. I've seen him talking with the mayor frequently the past month or so, and he's just up the road. I wish you luck!" 

She went over to her companion once he finished speaking to the shadow man. "Let's go speak to Lyle then."

Crafting Attempt | ID: 220313 | LD: 3
Crafting Attempt | ID: 220314 | LD: 9
Crafted 1 Rare Healing Potion

Edited by KnightessCiela

"Sounds like a plan," Wulfrin wrapped up his conversation with the cowled figure. "Later Freyd!" The shadowy figure had already exited the building as Ciela emerged form Zackariah's crafting room.

"Alright," Wulfrin greeted his companion. "It might be a bit before the system fully registers the quest completion. Now is a good time to pick up some other simple quests. All of the profession quests start here in Tolbana, or we can go see if we can hunt down the traveling gypsy that gives out the familiar hunting quest." Wulfrin led them to the small town plaza and set them up at a table. "Get ready though most of the professions are more of the same thing as what you just did. If you wanted to go down that route I'd suggest we start with your secondary profession, as that one allows you to collect items better."

Wulfrin pulled out his map ready to outline a route towards whatever his companion wanted to tackle next.

Posted (edited)

"Who's Freyd?" She looked at him puzzled as they exited the establishment. "Bye Zackariah!" She waves at Zackariah. Zackariah waved back at the two, "Safe travels." As Wulfrin presented her with options, she became very frazzled. She didn't do very well when given multiple options, she was quite indecisive. "Well, I wouldn't mind either if I'm being completely and totally honest. I want a familiar but I don't know what options there are. As for the profession, I know for a fact I wanna do cooking. I wanna make some of those tasty honey buns." Her mouth waters at the thought of eating another one, and being able to make them herself. "I have a question. Would I be able to accept both quests then just kind of choose after accepting? I know in most MMOs that's something you can do, but I didn't know if it was the same case in this game." She twirled her hair and looked at Wulfrin.

Edited by KnightessCiela

"Freyd was the first player I met on my journey," Wulfrin replied. "He will be the lead on Bloodstained Land quest. That's the one with the land shark called Tera Firma on floor five. He took me on that and it bumped me up quite a bit. That's why it's called the Shark Bait Training Program. Apparently he has a follow up lined up as well, so you and I can experience it for the first time together. First though we should focus on getting you settled into the game. You said you wanted to do cooking?" 

Wulfrin flicked through the menus and pulled up the info broker's page. He navigated to the professions page. "I would suggest foraging. You can always get items from killing and looting monsters, but Col is a bit harder to come by. It's basically the upgraded version of what you were doing for Zackariah. If its like my fishing quest, you will likely have to find a rare crafting component, so it will be a long grind. Cooking will likely start with material gathering as well, except its just five regular materials. The downside is you'll be using the full difficulty of the system, so they will be harder to find. So, of the two which do you want to start first?"

"Shark-bait ooh ha ha. I'm so sorry I've been holding that back since you first mentioned it." She looked at her companion hoping the joke landed. "I'm glad we will get to experience part two together though. You've been fun to hang around with. Even though it's been short." She thought about which she quest she wanted to go after first for a moment. "Honestly, the long winded one might be the better option of the two. That way we can just kind of get it out of the way super fast." She scratched her head. "Do the professions quests go hand in hand? Like if I get one thing does it count for the other? Cause that would save us both a lot of headache." She looked at Wulfrin with a look of saddened puppy dog eyes, "Was your fishing quest long and arduous? Are we gonna be at this for hours?" 

"Sadly no," Wulfrin replied. "Each quest has to be completed individually. And yes it took me a while, especially since you can't do anything to influence the numbers. Who knows though with any luck you might be able to power through it with ease. I will say the gathering profession does make it easier to complete your respective crafting quest. When I was gathering the materials for my Blacksmithing one I would go fight a monster and fish while my energy regenerated. It made it a bit less arduous since I alternated it, but it was also super boring and lonely since I went solo. I can tag along for both of those quests but I can't participate or I risk losing my profession and starting over. We can however breeze by Lyle's place just so you know where it is. Wouldn't hurt to stop at a general merchant either and grab a couple teleport crystals."

Posted (edited)

"No I remember, you're there for moral support. You're my cheerleader remember?" She giggled and smiled at him devilishly. "Doing it that way definitely sounds like the easier option, would I be able to fish? Or is that something specific I would have to choose profession wise? Cause fishing and cooking go hand in hand you know. The whole saying, teach a man to fish and he'll eat for his entire life and all. What a silly saying." She looked over to her companion. "I also need to get a sword, you wouldn't happen to have any in stock at your shop would you? Cause that's something we could do to kill time. What floor did you say it was on again?" She attempted to remember, but as the memory came closer to the front of her mind, it disappeared again. This time with no trace of her remembering it at all.

Edited by KnightessCiela

"Nope," Wulfrin replied. "Fishing is its own profession. Honestly since crafting materials are generic I probably should have gone the foraging route." Wulfrin shrugged. "I chose it for the unidentified items. They have a chance to have unique items, and fishing lets me get the Gleaming Scales I need to keep those unique enhancements when fusing them. As for swords, yes I have a couple in stock, including a Tier 1 Longsword with a Unique Enhancement on it. Shops up on Floor Twenty Two, just outside the main town of Coral. It has a fantastic view of the floor's prominent lake. There's also a good plot of land nearby that I'm saving up to put a house on. Come on let's go get you your foraging profession started." The two got up from their small table and headed off into the streets of Tolbana looking for their next big adventure.

Thread Closing

KnightessCiela receives:
1,054 EXP (Word Count [8630/10*1*0.7] + Quest [450])
1,300 col (2 pages [800] + Quest [500])
5 Materials (Quest [5])

(5) T1 Uncommon Health Potions: Heals 5% of Maximum HP.
(1) T1 Uncommon Damage Potion: +1 DMG for an entire thread.
(1) T1 Uncommon Overhealth Potion: Adds 5% of Maximum HP to users Maximum HP for a thread.
(1) T1 Rare Health Potion: Heals 10% of Maximum HP (crafted potion)

Unlock <<The Second Lesson>> quest

Wulfrin receives:

1,208 EXP (Word Count [8630/10*2*0.7])
3,120 col (2 pages [0] + Loot [3,120])
13 Materials (Looting and Fishing)
+58 Fishing EXP
Items
T2 Unidentified Rare Trinkets [220243] [220233b] [220231]
T2 Unidentified Perfect Consumable [220233a]