[F26 | PP] The Sky is the Limit <<Trouble at the Skyport>>

<<Trouble at the Skyport>>

The sight that was the Ladonian Skyport was something that Katoka had only heard in passing. When she had arrived on the 26th floor her sights had been set on finding the structure from the start, that was where the quest she had been on the hunt for was supposedly located. She had managed to get a rumor or two from an info broker but not much else, her usual trover of information at he guild hall had yielded little since this particular quest was fairly new.

Once the samurai had found the skyport she had taken a few minutes to stand beneath it to really take in the sheer architectural wonder that was before her. She had never flown on an airship, let alone been to this floor back when the frontliners had last populated it. From what she knew there had been more than one fight in the clouds on the vessels that she watched sail too and from dock. A small smile touched her lips as she thought of who to invite with her on this grand voyage.

Opening her menu with a gesture she quickly navigated to her friends list and selected the person she thought of like an older brother:

Freyd, care to set sail with me once again? There shouldn't be any fish here, we'll be to high up for that. Meet me at the skyport on 26. - Kat

With a jingle she sent the message on it's way and started the climb up the structure before her. She felt a child like delight watching the NPCs as they worked, this was a whole new place for her to experience. She wasn't sure exactly where the Dockmaster was supposed to be at, but she didn't want to get too lost looking for him just yet, especially when she was supposed to meet Freyd. After finding what seemed to be a sort of main hub she found a set of benches and sat down to drink a few potions and see how long it took the Whisper to arrive.

---

Katoka consumes:

Draft of Keen Edge | Tier 1 | Damage 3 | 218087

Katoka | HP: 780/780 | EN: 112/112 | DMG: 26 | MIT: 78 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 5 | BH: 42 | AA | BLGT: 32 | P.V.O | REC: 8 | STK: 40

Spoiler

Katoka, The Cerulean Storm
Level: 33
Paragon Level: 20
HP: 780/780
EN: 112/112

Stats:
Damage: 23+3=26
Mitigation: 78
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 5
Battle Healing: 42
AA
BLGT: 32
P.V.O
REC: 8
STK: 40

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Raijin's Corruption | T4/Demonic/Katana | Abs.Acc, Blight, Para.Ven (off), Static
Armor: Oni Haori | T4/Demonic/Light Armor | MIT 2, REC 2
Misc: Aquamarine | T4 Demonic Trinket | ACC III, EVA I

Combat Mastery: Damage R3
Combat Shift: ST
Familiar Skill: Rending Familiar
Custom Skill:

Skills:
Battle Healing R5
Katana R5
Light Armor R5
Energist

Active Mods:
Meticulous
Vengeful Riposte

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Ferocity
Stamina
Resolve
Precision

Active Extra Skills:
Survival
Concentration
Parry
Forgotten King’s Authority

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal x5
Starter Healing Potion x2

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Basic Training: +5% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:                           

It had taken quite a bit of time and effort, but Witherwind Rest's final touches were nearly complete.  For weeks, Freyd had been shirking his other duties because some secluded part of him told him that this was important.  He and Elora were finally moving in together.  His better half, by far, she had already gone off to gather all the seeds and herbs for her gardens and pharmacy.  'If she ever actually steps foot in it,' he thought, laughing.  She talked a big game, but he'd never seen her actually devote much energy toward her alleged profession.  Still, she had insisted on having it, and seeing it rouse her passion for their joint project had melted something internally that would undoubtedly require fixing at some later date.

Having unceremoniously dumped half his inventory into the space selected as his future workshop, Freyd reluctantly had to admit that the carefully crafted mess lacked... something.  Probably shelves.  Elora had told him it was shelves, but he furiously defended the rigors of his piling system.  Turns out, what he really needed was shelves.  And not just any shelves, but the very best, industrial-grade shelves, so that he could unceremoniously dump epic stuff into them without them buckling.  Only one place carried such vaunted wares, and it had gone out of business.  So he was heading to the discount bins on the ass end of Ladonia instead.  Freyd always imagined it as the Taiwan of Aincrad, producing all of the very best quality junk.  As a certified madlad appraiser, you got to know this sort of thing.

And so it was, by the purest of chances, that he received Katoka's message while perusing piles of discarded shelves amidst heaping piles of wreckage probably blasted out of the sky by Celeste and her ignoble crew.  Or maybe those pesky Skyrat pirates he'd encountered a while back.  

"Skyport, eh?  Yeah.  I could do that.  There will be plenty of better palettes and logistics equipment up there.  Maybe Ryland can point me in the right direction, if he hasn't gotten himself killed thanks to his big mouth and bigger principles."  Rolling his eyes and tossing the latest bits of flotsam he'd been pondering back over his shoulder, he quickly blended in with shadows only to reappear by his companion's side a short while later.

"Does Sam know you hang around the port, staring at the sailors all day?  Without her along, I mean."  Grinning widely, his form shifted from that of a random deckhand to her irrepressible friend and fellow captain, cowl draped casually overhead and hands tucked firmly in his pockets.  "You here doing a thing, or are you also looking for housewares?"

Vanity Tag: @Elora

Note: CS (Shades of the Gemini) is in use.  If any other player objects to this, please state in first post and it will be considered inactive.

Freyd consumes:

Gugnir’s Shard (Untradeable/Unique/Reusable Consumable): Crème Brûlée Tray | ACC 2 | Feast (5/6) - takes one share [filled] and offers rest to party
Armageddon Juice (Potion) | Damage 3 | 197176
Madlad Muffin | Tierless Rare Meal | EVA 2 | 216702
Jackpot Pretzel (Snack) | Loot Die 3 | 197259
Stalwart's Stew | T4 Perfect Meal | MIT 3 | 215312a
Hearty Soup | Tierless Perfect Meal | Overhealth 3 | 195559a
kintsugi. | TIER 4 PERFECT SALVE | TOXIC VENOM | (4/20) https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/19383-f01r10-alchemist-cintamani-open/?do=findComment&comment=676877

Freyd | HP: 1334/1334 | EN: 154/154 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 6 | ACC: 6 | BH: 73 | LD: 9 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV: 32/3 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows
Paragon Level: 127
HP: 1160/1160+174
EN: 154/154

Stats:
Damage: 21+3
Mitigation: 45+60
Evasion: 4+2
Accuracy: 3+2+1
Battle Healing: 63+10
Loot Dice: 6+3
FLN: 16
HLY: 16
V.D.: 127+19

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Samael's Pride | T4 MA | FLN 2 | HLY 2  
Armor: Black Cowled Traveling Garb | T4 CA | VD 2 | REC 2
Misc: Fight O'er Flight (ACC 2 | EVA 2)

Combat Shift: AOE
Familiar Skill: Grappling Familiar
Custom Skill: Shades of the Gemini

Skills:
Martial Arts R5
Battle Healing R5
Cloth Armor R5
Searching R4
Charge
Energist
Quick Change
Extended Mod Limit
Extended Weight Limit
Fighting Spirit
Howl

Active Mods:
Night Vision
Tracking
Athletics
Emergency Recovery
Untraceable
Detect

Inactive Mods: n/a

Addons:
Focus
Precision
Nimble
Reveal
Stamina
Focused Howl

Active Extra Skills:
Disguise
Survival
Meditation

Inactive Extra Skills:
Frozen Hide
Brawler
Photosynthesize
Hiding R2

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals x7
Mass HP Rec [Inst] (+10% HP) x7
T4 Vitality (+16 EN) x7
Crystal of Divine Light (Reusable) x1
Rhino's Horn (Reusable) x1
Hmr.Pk:  Hope's Covenant - Resolve +4 (T4 Demonic Weapon (MA) - AA, Phase, Frostbite, VO)  x1
EWL: The Thing Behind All Lies (T4 Demonic MA, AA, Blight, Static, Para.Ven (Off))    x1
EWL:  Shadowed Rose (ACC 3 | Para.Imm.) x1

Housing Buffs:
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Angler: +2 Fishing EXP per attempt
Practiced Angler: +2 Fishing EXP per attempt, addition +1 LD/CD to fishing attempts
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Tanos Statue: +25 Mitigation for a thread.

Wedding Ring: n/a

Fishing: Level 5 | 576XP                                             

Edited by Freyd
Posted (edited)

A shock ran through Katoka when Freyd appeared next to hear, seemingly out of nowhere. She turned to glare at him, removing the hand that had reflexively gripped her weapon and instead used it to punch her companion in the shoulder. "One of these days you're going to scare me and I'll actually end up hurting you out of reflex." she grinned after a short moment before giving him a quick hug and stepping back. "How have you been? Staying busy spending time with Elora I hope."

The samurai scratched her nose and looked away from Freyd at the mention of Sam. It was hard to spend time with her when she was so reclusive these days. She was worried that their relationship was going to suffer do to their time apart, but she held on to hope that they would pull through. "Sam is... Sam knows how I feel. She is more worried about something happening to me than me eyeing up the dockhands." her eyes drifted to one of the female workers that seemed to be taking inventory, "They are easy on the eyes though, if you catch my drift."

"Also, how the hell did you get here so fast? Did you pick up some other ridiculous skill that lets you zip around the floors in an instant?"

----

Katoka consumes:

Gugnir’s Shard (Untradeable/Unique/Reusable Consumable): Crème Brûlée Tray | ACC 2 | Feast (4/6)
Well-Done Steak | Tier 1 | Protein 2 | 190626-1

Katoka | HP: 780/780 | EN: 112/112 | DMG: 28 | MIT: 38 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 7 | BH: 42 | AA | BLGT: 32 | P.V.O | REC: 8 | STK: 40

Spoiler

Katoka, The Cerulean Storm
Paragon Level: 20
HP: 780/780
EN: 112/112

Stats:
Damage: 26+2=28
Mitigation: 78-40=38
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 5+2=7
Battle Healing: 42
AA
BLGT: 32
P.V.O
STK: 40

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Raijin's Corruption | T4/Demonic/Katana | Abs.Acc, Blight, Para.Ven (off), Static
Armor: Oni Haori | T4/Demonic/Light Armor | MIT 2, REC 2
Misc: Aquamarine | T4 Demonic Trinket | ACC III, EVA I

Combat Shift: ST
Familiar Skill: Rending Familiar
Custom Skill:

Skills:
Battle Healing R5
Katana R5
Light Armor R5
Energist

Active Mods:
Meticulous
Vengeful Riposte

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Ferocity
Stamina
Resolve
Precision

Active Extra Skills:
Survival
Concentration
Parry

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal x5
Starter Healing Potion x2

Housing Buffs:
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Basic Training: +5% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:                           

Edited by Katoka

Hugging Freyd had always been like hugging a tree.  It didn't hug back.  Unexpectedly, though, Kat actually felt the tender press of a hand upon her back in the moment where she gave the spoopy shadow man his compressive greeting.  There was also an uncharacteristic ease in his eyes, which so often looked like they were permanently set in predatory-sarcasm mode.  Not today.  

"Actually, Elora and I have been spending quite a bit of time together.  I think I'd told you we were thinking of moving in together, right?"  He honestly couldn't recall with certainty, but if he'd told anyone it was likely Kat, and he felt like he had.  Felt.  That felt weird.  Feeling stuff.  But such was the measure of change befalling the Whisper in Shadows.  "We're actually doing it.  The house itself is up.  We're just getting it all filled up with our respective junk."  He chuckled at the disparity between them, on that count.  Each had their own version of excess and organization that neither of them had quite figured out how to blend.  Time would sort it all out, or so he believed.

"It's... really weird, but in a good way?"  Seeing his comment's reaction reflected upon her face, Freyd placed a heavily wrapped hand tenderly upon her shoulder.  "I'm sorry.  I know she worries and that things haven't been simple.  It was thoughtless of me to bring it up.  Why don't you come over to the Witherwind, when you have a moment?"  Her face instantly told him that she had no idea what she meant.  "Witherwind Rest.  It's what we've called it.  Not far from Urbus, but also out of the way.  I'll send you the coordinates, though please keep them confidential."  Kat would understand why the captain of O&I wouldn't want his new address posted all over Aincrad.  He was about to deflect the question about his travel times when fate played its hand.

"Freyd?!"  The arm slipped off Katoka's shoulder, flexing into a fist at the calling of his name.  "Than goodness you're back!  Calas is at it again.  Her and her gaggle of sycophants are up on the span letting those pesky pirates help themselves to MY goods.  NOT HAPPENING!"  Grabbing the Whisper by his sleeve, he started dragging a very confused looking Freyd to the nearby elevator, clearly intending to have him help with policing a few unruly, wayward souls.

"Wait.  What?  Ryland?  I did this already. When the fuck did it become a quest?!  Kat, get your butt over here!"

Feeling his hand on her back was something that Kat didn't realize she had needed in that moment. It had taken so long, but she was glad to see that being with Elora had finally cracked open the hard outer shell that was Freyd. I'm sure it would take a while for him to mold his gooey center into something that could be presentable to others, but she was glad that even this much of his soft side was presented to her. "I would love to come and see your home, it's been far too long since all three of us spent some time together that didn't involve dispatching hordes of whatever this game throws at us."

Katoka felt warmth spread through her. She had friends, no family, that cared for her dearly here. Once they cleared all the floors would she really be able to return home? She was pulled back to reality when she heard Freyd's call for help. She cocked her head to the side like a confused dog as she watched him being dragged into an elevator by an NPC. "Oh, hey! Wait for me!"

The samurai sped to the machine and slipped between the closing doors just in time, the metal slamming shut with a loud clang. As the whirring of the contraption began to raise the box Kat turned to Freyd, "Uhh, so how do you know this guy?"

The dark, brooding fellow - notably not Freyd for once - was muttering to himself by the lift's gate, not having bothered to spare Katoka so much as a glance.

"Eh... Ryland: Kat.  Kat, this is Ryland. He's the skyport's harbourmaster and resident nanny.  Everything that takes place here is on his watch."

"Right," the gruff former sailor interrupted.  "Which means that every time our supposed security forces cut a deal with another band of pirates, it comes out of my paycheck, and the higher ups take it out of my hide!  I've had it!  Calas and her goons keep taking bribes to look the other way - or worse, a cut of the profits.  We're putting an end to this."  The man was sporting neither armor, nor weapon, making his appointed task very unlikely to end well if the ruffians they were rushing to meet carried either or both.  Turned up into a sneer, his beard twitched in barely controlled rage, ready to unload upon whoever they were about to meet.  Freyd turns his cowl to Katoka's ear to better muffle his words.

"This is really weird," he began, voice laden with surprise and uncertainty.  "I've faced off against Calas and her goons like this before, but I swear that it wasn't a quest. Could Cardinal be-"

"A-hah!"  The lift lurched to a stop, Ryland throwing around slurs and accusations before he'd even opened the grille.  "Calas, you corrupt Razwellian [censored]!  What the hell do you think you are doing!?"

There were dozens of men and women on the dock, most of them heavily armed pirates by the looks of them and busy carting ill-gotten booty back to their sky skiffs.  A handful of dock workers were huddled together and tied up nearby, four Ladonian guardsmen and their lady captain standing over them like jailors, instead of protectors.  The woman, who was busy speaking with a tall, ornately dressed pirate, turned a cold and callous stare their way, rolling her eyes.  "I'll deal with this," she said to the broad-chested pirate, and then to her patrol added: "No witnesses."  The deck hands died instantly as their captors icons bled from orange to crimson red.  Those of the pirates were already starting to turn.

"Shit."  Freyd had lived this before and knew what was about to happen.  Despite their combined strength, there were too many foes here for them to taken on at once.  Trying to send the lift to another floor proved fruitless.  Its controls had already been disabled.  Grabbing Ryland by the scruff of his jacket, he tossed him towards the far end of the span.  "There's a rescue skiff at the end," he added through clenched teeth.  "You know the one.  Run.  Now.  And for goodness' sake, keep your damned mouth shut while you do!"

Posted (edited)

"What in the hell is goin on?!" Kat yelled as she watched three red named guards as well as Calas herself step forward. Their weapons drawn faster than she could finish her sentence.

The samurai's instincts kicked in before she could even process what was happening. Her body dropping into a ready stance as she drew her blade in quick succession, the weapon giving off an orange glow as her sword art began to charge. "Right, big one first." she lunged forward and hit the captain first, her AoE striking the woman with a loud twang. She moved in quick fluid motions to each of the enemies that had stepped up to engage them, slicing and slashing with almost zero wasted movement.

When she had finished she placed enough distance between herself and the guards and Calas to give Freyd room to work. "I take it we're making our way to the skiff at the end?" she glanced behind her to the other various pirates and people that seemed to be waiting their turn to jump in. "At least their all polite."

----

Spoiler

Post Action | AoE-I (x11, 11 EN, +2/hit): 19 EN - (Rested 2/2; Stamina) = 16 EN
Free Action | None

ID:221077 | BD:3+5+1-2=7 HIT | CD: 5 | DMG:  308-100=208 DMG vs. Guard Captain Calas
ID:221078 | BD:7+5+1=13 HIT | DMG:  308-100=208 DMG vs. Corrupt Dock Guard #1
ID:221079 | BD:6+5+1=12 HIT | DMG:  308-100=208 DMG vs. Corrupt Dock Guard #2
ID:221080 | BD:3+5+1=9 HIT | DMG:  308-100=208 DMG vs. Corrupt Dock Guard #3

Katoka takes 30 Thorns DMG via Corrupt Dock Guard #1
Katoka takes 30 Thorns DMG via Corrupt Dock Guard #2
Katoka takes 30 Thorns DMG via Corrupt Dock Guard #3

(1,1,1,1) Katoka | HP: 690/780 (780-90) | EN: 96/112 (112-16) | DMG: 28 | MIT: 38 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 7 | BH: 42 | AA | BLGT: 32 | P.V.O | REC: 8 | STK: 40
(0,0,0,0) Freyd | HP: 1334/1334 | EN: 154/154 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 6 | ACC: 6 | BH: 73 | LD: 9 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV: 32/3 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146
(0,0,0,0) Dockmaster Ryland | HP: 1000/1000 | DMG: 0 | MIT: 20 |  EVA: 2

Guard Captain Calas | HP: 792/1000 | DMG: 250 | | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 (1000-208)

• Officer Training | While Guard Captain Calas remains in combat Corrupt Dock Guards are immune to disabling effects.
  • Ready Riposte | Begins combat with Parry and Vengeful Riposte in effect.  Once expended, Calas will regain those benefits on a CD 9+ when making an attack

Corrupt Dock Guard #1 | HP: 392/600 | DMG: 220 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 2 | THORNS 30 (600-208)
Corrupt Dock Guard #2 | HP: 392/600 | DMG: 220 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 2 | THORNS 30 (600-208)
Corrupt Dock Guard #3 | HP: 392/600 | DMG: 220 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 2 | THORNS 30 (600-208)

• Old Blighty | Targets struck by a Corrupt Dock Guard have their mitigation reduced by 50 for 2 turns.  This effect does not stack

Edited by Katoka

"Not sure that I'd call it manners when people queue to kill you just because there isn't enough space for them to all try at the same time!"  Bending backwards to a seemingly impossible angle, Freyd dodged a few deft and ambitious strikes while they scrambled to get away from the gaggle of goons that was already closing in.

"Calas, you harlot, selling your soul for a bit of col.  Why not just butter yourself up and bend over for a fat, hairy fu--- URK"

Yanking on the dockmaster's collar to keep him from getting skewered, Freyd tossed him down the dock in the hopes of fending off the closing enemy.  Unfortunately, Ryland's words had earned the guards' ire, not appreciating the suggestion and intending to demonstrate their displeasure using the pointy ends of their blades.

"BRING IT, DOILIES!  Maybe her lady-ship will let you suckle her teat more once you've done her bidding.  Be mindful not to choke on your collars, dogs!"

"Shut it, Ryland.  You're not helping matters in the slightest.  Now RUN!"  A few quick parries and strikes of his own downed one of the guards, but it was all Freyd could manage not to get tramples and knocked over the edge as the swarm of angry mobs bore down on their loudmouth antagonist.  "You're going to get us all killed, you rabid wombat and keep moving!"

"Uh... Kat... can I explain later?!  Maybe after we get away from the murder wave bearing down on us?"

Spoiler

Note: Calas had Parry active against Katoka's last attack.  Final damage reduced by 50% from 208 to 104.  Vengeful Riposte would also have dealt 308/2=153-38=115 damage back to Katoka.

Post Action | AoE-I (x15, 11 EN, +2 shift, +2/hit): 21 EN -(Rested 2/2; Stamina) = 18 EN (-4 from 2 misses)
Free Action | None

ID:221169 | BD: 5+6-2=9 (hit), DMG:(15*24=360-100=260) to Guard Captain Calas (CD 11 | ST-B Unlocked)
ID:221170 | BD: 1 (miss) Missed Corrupt Dock Guard #1
ID:221171 | BD: 7+6=13 (hit, Fallen +16). DMG: (15*40=600) to Corrupt Dock Guard #2. Dead.  Skyrat Pirate 1 immediate joins melee.
ID:221172 | BD:1 (miss) Missed Corrupt Dock Guard #3

Freyd takes 30 Thorns DMG via Corrupt Dock Guard #2

Ryland's Big Mouth | ID 221173 | BD 9 | +4 hate.  All players hate is halved.

ID:221173 | MD: 3-2=1 (miss) | CD 9 | Parry & Vengeful Riposte activate.
ID:221174 | MD: 5-2=3 (miss)
ID:221175 | MD: 9 (Crit +1) DMG 221 to Ryland.  Old Blighty applied.
ID:221176 | MD: 2-2 (miss)

(1,1,1,0) Katoka | HP: 575/780 (780-90) | EN: 96/112 (112-16) | DMG: 28 | MIT: 38 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 7 | BH: 42 | AA | BLGT: 32 | P.V.O | REC: 8 | STK: 40
(1,1,1,0) Freyd | HP: 1304/1334 (1334-30) | EN: 140/154 (154-14) | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 6 | ACC: 6 | BH: 73 | LD: 9 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV: 32/3 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146
(4,4,4,4) Dockmaster Ryland | HP: 779/1000 (1000-221) | DMG: 0 | MIT: 20 (-50, 1/2) |  EVA: 2

(Note: hate values show new pirate as 4th enemy))

Guard Captain Calas | HP: 636/1000 | DMG: 250 | | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | PARRY (Vengeful) (1000-104-260)

• Officer Training | While Guard Captain Calas remains in combat Corrupt Dock Guards are immune to disabling effects.
  • Ready Riposte | Begins combat with Parry and Vengeful Riposte in effect.  Once expended, Calas will regain those benefits on a CD 9+ when making an attack

Corrupt Dock Guard #1 | HP: 392/600 | DMG: 220 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 2 | THORNS 30 
Corrupt Dock Guard #2 | HP: 0/600 | DMG: 220 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 2 | THORNS 30 (392-500)
Corrupt Dock Guard #3 | HP: 392/600 | DMG: 220 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 2 | THORNS 30 

• Old Blighty | Targets struck by a Corrupt Dock Guard have their mitigation reduced by 50 for 2 turns.  This effect does not stack

Skyrat Pirate 1 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1

• Poisoned Blade | On MD 9-10, apply Toxic Venom 30 to the target for 3 turns.  If already active, the effect refreshes.
  • Blood Frenzy | While subject to any DoT effects, a Skyrat Pirate gains +2 ACC, +1 EVA and -20 MIT.

Loot Corrupt Dock Guard 2: ID #221328 | LD: 9+10=19 | CD: 5
+4 materials (+4 CD/LD odd)
1800 col (HP[600]*3)
T4 Perfect Armor/Shield 221328a
T4 Perfect Trinket 221328b

Edited by Freyd
Posted (edited)

If this were any other situation Katoka would have found Ryland's yelling at other people a bit funny. In this situation however it was not in the least bit helpful. The samurai was also not please at the fact that they were fighting waves of multiple enemies back to back. She hated fighting multiple things at once.

Kat unleashed another multi target attack, once again aiming for the corrupt captain of the guards, to once again get her blade knocked to the side as if she was nothing more than a child with a stick. Yes she managed to nick the woman on the arm in the process, but her form and her swing were perfect and it meant nothing if it was batted to the side like that. It also didn't help the blonde's ego when the captain slashed her across the stomach with a grin that in any other scenario she might have taken it as flirting.

In as much a fluid motion as she could Kat moved on to Calas's merry men, taking out her freshly boiled rage that was beginning to simmer inside her. The remaining dock guard took the brunt of her attack, the sky rumbling above him as lighting struck the sword in his hand and sending bolts of electricity arcing towards the others that surrounded her. She she had finished she felt the corner of her mouth turn up into a small smile, happy with the last little shock she had given the crew.

"We need to take that bitch down." she told Freyd, her words dripping with as much venom as the third dock guard's wound.

----

Spoiler

Katoka regains 42 HP via BH

Post Action | AoE-II (x14, 14 EN, +2/hit): 22 EN - (Rested 1/2; Stamina) = 19 EN
Free Action | None

ID:221489 | BD: 6+7+1=14 HIT | 14*28=392 196 (Halved for Parry) - 100 MIT= 96 DMG (CD: 11 | ST-B Unlocked)
ID:221490 | BD: 5+7+1=13 HIT | 14*28=392-100 MIT= 292 DMG
ID:221491 | BD: 9 CRIT +1 | 14*29=406- 100 MIT=306 DMG [BLGT: 32/2] [Paralyzed] [STK: 40/2]  applied
ID:221492 | BD: 6+7+1=14 HIT | 14*28=392-100 MIT= 322 DMG

Static splash damage applied to Guard Captain Calas, Corrupt Dock Guard #1, Skyrat Pirate 1 [24 DMG]

Katoka takes 196-38=158 DMG via Vengeful Riposte.
Katoka takes 30 Thorns DMG via Corrupt Dock Guard #1
Katoka takes 30 Thorns DMG via Corrupt Dock Guard #3

(2,2,3,1) Katoka | HP: 399/780 (575+42-158-30-30) | EN: 77/112 (96-19) | DMG: 28 | MIT: 38 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 7 | BH: 42 | AA | BLGT: 32 | P.V.O | REC: 8 | STK: 40
(1,1,1,0) Freyd | HP: 1304/1334 (1334-30) | EN: 140/154 (154-14) | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 6 | ACC: 6 | BH: 73 | LD: 9 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV: 32/3 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146
(4,4,4,4) Dockmaster Ryland | HP: 779/1000 (1000-221) | DMG: 0 | MIT: 20 (-50, 1/2) |  EVA: 2

Guard Captain Calas | HP: 516/1000 | DMG: 250 | | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | PARRY (Vengeful) (636-96-24)

Corrupt Dock Guard #1 | HP: 76/600 | DMG: 220 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 2 | THORNS 30 (392-292-24)
Corrupt Dock Guard #3 | HP: 86/600 | DMG: 220 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 2 | THORNS 30 | [BLGT: 32 1/2] [STK: 40 1/2] [Paralyzed] (392-306)

Skyrat Pirate 1 | HP: 254/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 (600-322-24)

• Poisoned Blade | On MD 9-10, apply Toxic Venom 30 to the target for 3 turns.  If already active, the effect refreshes.
  • Blood Frenzy | While subject to any DoT effects, a Skyrat Pirate gains +2 ACC, +1 EVA and -20 MIT.

Edited by Katoka

Grabbing Calas' hand on the backswing, he wrenched and twisted her wrist causing the criminal captain to cry out in pain.  A blade fallen from her grasp met his foot and was launched into a nearby sentry, splitting him through the middle and spilling his motes all over the stained and worn deck boards.  She tried to spin and met his knee with her gut, fresh of the spin of its projectile launch.  Delicately coifed hair splayed forth, with a fair share of spittle.  Freyd was in a frenzy.

Her lone remaining aide came to the rescue, or tried, but found his spear deflected by a palm and repurposed to a dirtier business.

"Uuurk..."  Ignoble last words.  

"Playing with fire, captain.  You just got burned."  

"No!"  The guardsman's screamed, steeped in anguish and surprise, did nothing to prevent his leader from literally falling to pieces.  Tugging forward on the spear now sitting in vacated space was all it took to throw its holder off balance and send him reeling over the edge. 

"Someone below was about to get a very nasty surprise."

More pirates surged to fill the void crafted by the Whisper's handiwork, skewering his fellow captain and drawing a look of concern.  "Kat!  Stay with me!  And Ryland, if you say one goddamn word, I swear by Kayaba's infernal fluffy slippers that I WILL END YOU."  

Whether confused by the reference, or just getting the gist, the dockmaster's jaw snapped shut.  He simply gulped and nodded, racing along towards a widening horizon of empty, open sky.

"Use a healing potion if you've got one, Kat.  I'll tag you with another crystal in a minute.  And maybe skip the fighting while you're at it, at least until you heal.  I can take a few stabs if I have to." Hatchets flew by along with a javelin or two, several dozen cutlasses brandishing themselves at their heels as they ran like mad towards the skiff that they hoped was still there.

This is getting completely out of control...

Freyd's Turn:

Spoiler

Freyd regains +4 EN
Freyd regains 73 HP from BH
CD 10 (+8 REC proc) ID #221493

Post Action | AoE-II (x18, 14 EN, +2 shift, +2/hit): 24 EN -(Rested 1/2; Stamina) = 21 EN
Free Action [item] | Mass HP Rec [Inst] (+10% HP) | 157462

ID #221494 | BD: 9 (Crit +2, Holy +16).  DMG (18*42=756-100=656) vs Guard Captain Calas. Dead.
ID #221495 | BD: 4+6=10 (hit).  DMG (18*24=432-100=332) vs Corrupt Dock Guard 1.  Dead.
ID #221496 | BD: 8 (Crit +1, Fallen +16).  DMG (18*40=720-100=620) vs Corrupt Dock Guard 3.  Dead.
ID #221497 | BD: 10 (Crit +3, Holy +16).  DMG (18*43=774-70=704) vs Skyrat Pirate 1.  Dead.

Freyd suffers 30 damage from thorns from Corrupt Dock Guard 1

(2,2,3,1) Katoka | HP: 477/780 (399+78) | EN: 77/112  | DMG: 28 | MIT: 38 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 7 | BH: 42 | AA | BLGT: 32 | P.V.O | REC: 8 | STK: 40
(1,1,1,0) Freyd | HP: 1304/1334 (1334+73+78-30) | EN: 131/154 (140+4+8-21) | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 6 | ACC: 6 | BH: 73 | LD: 9 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV: 32/3 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146
(4,4,4,4) Dockmaster Ryland | HP: 879/1000 (779+100)  | DMG: 0 | MIT: 20 (-50, 2/2) |  EVA: 2

Guard Captain Calas | HP: 0/1000 | DMG: 250 | | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 (516-656)

Corrupt Dock Guard #1 | HP: 0/600 | DMG: 220 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 2 | THORNS 30 (76-332)
Corrupt Dock Guard #3 | HP: 0/600 | DMG: 220 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 2 | THORNS 30 | [BLGT: 32 1/2] [STK: 40 1/2] [Paralyzed] (86-620)

Skyrat Pirate 1 | HP: 254/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1  (254-704)

Loot:

Spoiler

Loot Guard Captain Calas: ID #221498 | LD: 4+10=14 | CD: 9
+2 materials (+2 CD odd)
5000 col (HP[1000]*5 - incl. +2 LD even)
T4 Rare Weapon 221498a
T4 Uncommon Consumable 221498b

Loot Corrupt Dock Guard 1: ID #221499 | LD: 20+10=30 | CD: 4
4200 col (HP[600]*7 - incl. +4 CD/LD even)
T4 Perfect Consumable 221499a
T4 Perfect Consumable 221499b
T4 Perfect Armor/Shield 221499c
T4 Perfect Armor/Shield 221499d

Loot Corrupt Dock Guard 3: ID #221500 | LD: 8+10=18 | CD: 8
4200 col (HP[600]*7 - incl. +4 CD/LD even)
T4 Rare Consumable 221500a
T4 Rare Armor/Shield 221500b

Loot Skyrat Pirate 1: ID #221501 | LD: 17+10=27 | CD: 12
+2 materials (+2 LD odd)
3000 col (HP[600]*5 - incl. +2 CD even)
+1 Gleaming Scale
Random Dungeon Map 221501

Mobs' Turn:

Spoiler

Ryland's Big Mouth | ID 221502 | BD 1 | Ryland generates no hate.

Note: With no hate, and no previous attacks, pirates will target based on CD values: (1-4: Katoka, 5-8: Freyd, 9-12: Ryland)

ID #221503 | CD 8 (Freyd) | MD: 8+2-6=4 (miss).  
ID #221504 | CD 6 (Freyd) | MD: 3+2-6=-1 (miss).  
ID #221505 | CD 2 (Katoka) | MD: 7+2-1=8 (hit).  DMG (250-38=212)
ID #221506 | CD 5 (Freyd) | MD: 5+2-6=1 (miss).  

Katoka | HP: 265/780 (477-212  | EN: 77/112  | DMG: 28 | MIT: 38 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 7 | BH: 42 | AA | BLGT: 32 | P.V.O | REC: 8 | STK: 40
Freyd | HP: 1304/1334 | EN: 131/154  | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 6 | ACC: 6 | BH: 73 | LD: 9 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV: 32/3 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146
Dockmaster Ryland | HP: 879/1000  | DMG: 0 | MIT: 20 (-50, 1/2) |  EVA: 2

(0,0,0) Skyrat Pirate 2 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 
(0,0,0) Skyrat Pirate 3 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 
(0,0,0) Skyrat Pirate 4 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 
(0,0,0) Skyrat Pirate 5 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 

Edited by Freyd
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Panic shot through Kat like, for lack of a better term, electricity. Seeing her HP bar dip into the red was something that she was not used to seeing, especially now that she was higher in level. She quickly put some distance between her and the group of enemies she was in the thick of. Her breathing was fast and her chest felt tight as anxiety gripped her, making her hand tremble as she attempted to fish a health potion from her inventory.

She cursed herself for still only having beginner potions on her person at all times. She had grown too complacent and felt too safe these days. She vowed to make a batch of potions herself the next chance she got, if she survived. In a quick motion she tossed back the bottles contents and gulped it down. The small amount that it healed was barely more than what she got from her battle healing, but it would have to do for now.

"I'm sorry! I didn't expect these guys to swarm me, I figured that were a bunch of wimps." she joked, attempting to lighten the mood.

----

Spoiler

Katoka regains +4 EN
Katoka regains 42 HP from BH
CD 9 (+8 REC proc) ID #222687

Post Action | None
Free Action [item] | Starter Healing Potion +50 HP

Katoka | HP: 357/780 (265+42+50)  | EN: 85/112 (77+8)  | DMG: 28 | MIT: 38 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 7 | BH: 42 | AA | BLGT: 32 | P.V.O | REC: 8 | STK: 40
Freyd | HP: 1304/1334 | EN: 131/154  | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 6 | ACC: 6 | BH: 73 | LD: 9 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV: 32/3 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146
Dockmaster Ryland | HP: 879/1000  | DMG: 0 | MIT: 20 (-50, 1/2) |  EVA: 2

(0,0,0) Skyrat Pirate 2 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 
(0,0,0) Skyrat Pirate 3 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 
(0,0,0) Skyrat Pirate 4 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 
(0,0,0) Skyrat Pirate 5 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 

Edited by Katoka

"Bitch got what she finally deserved!"  Ryland just couldn't help himself once Calas had fallen, calling out his old nemesis though she was now nothing more than a sprinkling of glitter on deck boards some fifty feet back.  All of her men had fallen with her, leaving them all still being swarmed by an especially surly bunch of pirates.

"Dude," Freyd barked, smashing a random swashbuckler hard enough to send him flying back against the advancing throng like a wrecking ball and slowing their chase.  "You really need to shut it."

Glancing sideways, Freyd managed to pull out a healing crystal to benefit the lot.  And, somehow, fate seemed to be smiling on the mouthy dockmaster as none of their assailants managed to find purchase in his hide with any weapons.

"Please tell me the service skiff is still at the end of the span, Ryland, or we're all just taking an extended sprint off a very long plank."

"It's there.  It's there!"  Repeating it somehow didn't make his words any more reassuring.

"Then that's our only chance." The distance wasn't far, but fending off several dozen angry mobs while they boarded a vessel barely larger than a dinghy was going to take some doing.

"Thin them out a bit, Kat.  If you can.  I'll grab the rest of their attention and buy us all as much time as I can.  Don't hesitate," he added, with dubious finality.  "We'll only get one try at this."

Spoiler

Freyd regains +4 EN
Freyd regains 73 HP from BH
CD 8 (+8 REC proc) ID #222690

Post Action | AoE-I (x15, 11 EN, +2 shift, +2/hit): 21 EN -(Stamina) = 19 EN
Free Action | Mass HP Recovery (heals 10% of max hp) | 157463

ID #222691 | BD: 5+6-1=X (hit).  DMG (15*24=360-70=290) vs Skyrat Pirate 2
ID #222692 | BD: 10 (Crit +3, Holy +16).  DMG (15*43=645-70=575) vs Skyrat Pirate 3
ID #222693 | BD: 4+6-1=X (hit).  DMG (15*24=360-70=290) vs Skyrat Pirate 4
ID #222694 | BD: 1 (miss) vs Skyrat Pirate 5

Katoka | HP: 435/780 (357+78) | EN: 85/112 | DMG: 28 | MIT: 38 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 7 | BH: 42 | AA | BLGT: 32 | P.V.O | REC: 8 | STK: 40
Freyd | HP: 1334/1334 (1304+73) | EN: 124/154 (131+4+8-19) | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 6 | ACC: 6 | BH: 73 | LD: 9 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV: 32/3 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146
Dockmaster Ryland | HP: 979/1000 (879+100)  | DMG: 0 | MIT: 20 | EVA: 2

(0,2,0) Skyrat Pirate 2 | HP: 310/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1  (600-290)
(0,3,0) Skyrat Pirate 3 | HP: 25/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | TXV 32 (0/3) (600-575)
(0,2,0) Skyrat Pirate 4 | HP: 310/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1  (600-290)
(0,1,0) Skyrat Pirate 5 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 

Mob's Turn

Spoiler

Ryland's Big Mouth | ID 222695 | BD 9 | Ryland generates 4 hate and all other player hate values are halved.

Skyrat Pirate 3 suffers 32 TXV damage and dies.  Replaced by Skyrat Pirate 6

Note: With no hate, and no previous attacks, Skyrat Pirate 6 will target based on CD values: (1-4: Katoka, 5-8: Freyd, 9-12: Ryland)

ID #222696 | MD: 4+2-2=4 (miss) vs Dockmaster Ryland
ID #222697 | (roll invalid.  died from poison)
ID #222698 | MD: 1 (miss) vs Dockmaster Ryland
ID #222699 | MD: 4+2-2=4 (miss) vs Dockmaster Ryland
ID #222700| CD: 8 (Freyd) | MD: 4+2-6=0 (miss)

Katoka | HP: 435/780 (357+78) | EN: 85/112 | DMG: 28 | MIT: 38 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 7 | BH: 42 | AA | BLGT: 32 | P.V.O | REC: 8 | STK: 40
Freyd | HP: 1334/1334 (1304+73) | EN: 124/154 (131+4+8-19) | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 6 | ACC: 6 | BH: 73 | LD: 9 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV: 32/3 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146
Dockmaster Ryland | HP: 979/1000 (879+100)  | DMG: 0 | MIT: 20 | EVA: 2

(0,1,4) Skyrat Pirate 2 | HP: 310/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1  (600-290)
(0,2,4) Skyrat Pirate 3 | HP: 0/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | TXV 32 (1/3) (600-575-32)
(0,1,4) Skyrat Pirate 4 | HP: 310/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1  (600-290)
(0,1,4) Skyrat Pirate 5 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 
(0,0,0) Skyrat Pirate 6 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 

Loot:

Spoiler

Loot Skyrat Pirate 3: ID #222701 | LD: 4+10=14 | CD: 11
+2 materials (+2 CD odd)
4200 col (HP[600]*7 - incl. +2 LD even, +2 from roll)
T4 Rare Armor/Shield 222701

Edited by Freyd
Posted (edited)

With her HP inching back into a much more comfortable range, Kat turned to her friend and nodded. She trusted him fully and despite the close call they had just had, she was determined to get back into the fight. His words lingered in her head for just a moment before she drew her katana once again, "We'll only need one try."

She seemed to vanish from sight as she leapt once more back into the fray, her form materializing in front of one of the pirates long enough her her to slash him from hip to shoulder before vanishing again. She seemed to teleport from one enemy to the next, never staying long enough for them to react to her appearance. An explosion of electrical energy surged out from one of the pirates and seemed to jump to each one causing them to seize and spasm in various degrees.

She reappeared in her previous starting position as the ground zero skyrat shattered into light, only to be replaced by another. The brow of the Cerulean Storm furrowed as she clicked her tongue in frustration, "They just seem to never stop." A smile pulled at the corners of her mouth, "Let them come, I'll show them what it's like to play in the rain." With those words the sky seemed to grow a bit darker as thunder rumbled in the distance.

----

Spoiler

Katoka regains +4 EN
Katoka regains 42 HP from BH
CD 6 (no REC proc) ID #222838

Post Action | AoE-I (x11, 11 EN, +2/hit): 19 EN - (Stamina) = 17 EN
Free Action | None

ID: 222836 | BD: 7+7+1-1=14 HIT | CD: 3 | 28*11-70=238 DMG vs Skyrat Pirate 2
ID: 222840 | BD: 10 CRIT+2 | 30*11-70=330 DMG vs Skyrat Pirate 4 [BLGT: 32/2] [Paralyzed] [STK: 40/2] applied
ID: 222841 | BD: 4+7+1-1=11 HIT | 28*11-70=238 DMG vs Skyrat Pirate 5
ID: 222842 | BD: 6+7+1-1= 13 HIT | 28*11-70=238 DMG vs Skyrat Pirate 6

Skyrat Pirate 2 takes 24 Static splash DMG. Skyrat Pirate 5 takes 24 Static splash DMG. Skyrat Pirate 6 takes 24 Static splash DMG.

Katoka | HP: 477/780 (435+42) | EN: 70/112 (85+4-19) | DMG: 28 | MIT: 38 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 7 | BH: 42 | AA | BLGT: 32 | P.V.O | REC: 8 | STK: 40
Freyd | HP: 1334/1334 | EN: 124/154 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 6 | ACC: 6 | BH: 73 | LD: 9 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV: 32/3 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146
Dockmaster Ryland | HP: 979/1000  | DMG: 0 | MIT: 20 | EVA: 2

(1,1,4) Skyrat Pirate 2 | HP: 48/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 (310-238-24)
(0,1,4) Skyrat Pirate 4 | HP: 0/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | [BLGT: 32/2] [Paralyzed] [STK: 40/2] (310-330)
(1,1,4) Skyrat Pirate 5 | HP: 338/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 (600-238-24)
(1,0,0) Skyrat Pirate 6 | HP: 338/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 (600-238-24)
(0,0,0) Skyrat Pirate 7 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1

Looting Skyrat Pirate 4:

ID: 222844 | LD: 1 | CD: 7
1980*Col
4*Materials

Edited by Katoka

Seizing a moment's advantage as Kat went all... whatever electric magnificence it was that she'd just pulled out of wherever and managed to shove Ryland forward to the end of the dock.  The skiff was there... kinda. 

"Ugh... it looks even worse than I remember from last time."

It wasn't much to look at.  No, actually, it was barely anything to look at, given how punky the tiny vessel's deck boards looked, bits of shy shining through the absent hull below in a few places.  It was only modestly redeeming that skyships didn't really need to keep any water out.  The heavily corroded contraption in its centre pretended to be an engine, but looked as though it hadn't been fired in Freyd's lifetime.  There was barely enough room for Ryland, let alone all three of them, but that was presently a secondary problem.

"Get her started," Freyd barked, whirling to dodge and counter a buccaneer's thrust, driving a high knee into a jaw lowered by lunging.  "Kat, get ready to make a break for it, and hang on to... err... whatever you can.  Looks like options will be a bit limited." 

Freyd's turn:

Spoiler

Freyd regains +4 EN
CD 3 (No REC proc) ID #222882

Post Action | AoE-II (x18, 14 EN, +2 shift, +2/hit): 24 EN -(Stamina) = 22 EN (-2 for 1 miss = 20)
Free Action | None

ID #222878 | BD: 9 (Crit +2, Holy +16).  DMG (18*42=756-70=686) vs Skyrat Pirate 2. Dead. (CD 6 | ST-B locked)
ID #222879 | BD: 4+6-1=9 (hit).  DMG (18*24=432-70=362) vs Skyrat Pirate 5. Dead.
ID #222880 | BD: 2+6-1=7 (hit).  DMG (18*24=432-70=362) vs Skyrat Pirate 5. Dead.
ID #222881 | BD: 1 (miss). vs Skyrat Pirate 7

Katoka | HP: 477/780 | EN: 70/112  | DMG: 28 | MIT: 38 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 7 | BH: 42 | AA | BLGT: 32 | P.V.O | REC: 8 | STK: 40
Freyd | HP: 1334/1334 | EN: 108/154 (124+4-20) | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 6 | ACC: 6 | BH: 73 | LD: 9 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV: 32/3 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146

(1,4,4) Skyrat Pirate 2 | HP: 0/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 (48-686)
(1,3,4) Skyrat Pirate 5 | HP: 0/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 (338-362)
(1,2,0) Skyrat Pirate 6 | HP: 0/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 (338-362)
(0,1,0) Skyrat Pirate 7 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 

Mob's Turn:

Spoiler

Ryland's Big Mouth | ID 222883 | BD 8 | Ryland generates 3 hate.

ID #222884 | MD: 1 (miss) vs. Dockmaster Ryland
ID #222885 | MD: 4+2-2=4 (miss) vs. Dockmaster Ryland
ID #222886 | MD: 1 (miss) vs. Dockmaster Ryland
ID #222887 | MD: 5+2-2=5 (miss) vs. Dockmaster Ryland

Katoka | HP: 477/780 | EN: 70/112  | DMG: 28 | MIT: 38 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 7 | BH: 42 | AA | BLGT: 32 | P.V.O | REC: 8 | STK: 40
Freyd | HP: 1334/1334 | EN: 108/154  | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 6 | ACC: 6 | BH: 73 | LD: 9 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV: 32/3 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146

(0,1,3) Skyrat Pirate 7 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 
(0,0,3) Skyrat Pirate 8 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 
(0,0,3) Skyrat Pirate 9 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 

(0,0,3) Skyrat Pirate 10 | HP: 600/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 

Loot:

Spoiler

Loot Skyrat Pirate 2: ID #222888 | LD: 13+10=23 | CD: 9
+4 materials (+4 CD/LD odd)
5400 col (HP[600]*9 - incl. +6 from roll)
T4 Perfect Consumable 222888

Loot Skyrat Pirate 5: ID #222889 | LD: 18+10=28 | CD: 1
+2 materials (+2 CD odd)
3000 col (HP[600]*5 - incl. +2 LD even)
T4 Perfect Consumable 222889a
T4 Perfect Consumable 222889b
T4 Perfect Armor/Shield 222889c
T4 Perfect Armor/Shield 222889d 

Loot Skyrat Pirate 6: ID #222890 | LD: 10+10=20 | CD: 5
+2 materials (+2 CD odd)
T4 Perfect Armor/Shield 222890a
T4 Perfect Trinket 222890b

Edited by Freyd

The sight of the skiff made Kat stop for a moment and almost forget the battle at hand. "Eh?" had they really been fighting for their lives so they could escape on a ship that looked like, this? She snapped back into focus as more pirates once again entered the fray, their sabers glancing off her blade in a shower of sparks. "Damn these assholes, WHERE DO THEY KEEP COMING FROM?!"

Katoka felt her rage gather inside her, the sky once again rumbling as the clouds that had gathered above them turned dark. The pirates that stood in front her began to nice as their weapons began to spark in their hands, their hair slightly rising on end. "I'm really getting tired of you all." she spoke as malice dripped from those words. With a flash of motion Kat sprinted forward, clashing with the first man in her path. Her blade glancing off of his own and slicing his cheek, leaving him frozen in place. The next skyrat swung an overhanded blow at her, missing as she sidestepped it and skewered him straight through. A flash of blinding light followed by the deafening sound of lighting striking the katana that remained in the man's gut. From the pirate electricity leapt once again to each of the enemies that surrounded them both, making them jerk about as if they were malfunctioning animatronics.

With a quick motion Katoka removed her weapon and dealt two more swift strikes to the remaining men before retreating to the skiff. "I'm ready to break when you are! Is this poor excuse for a boat, plane? Whatever! Even skyworthy?"

----

Spoiler

Katoka regains +4 EN
CD 11 (+8 REC proc) ID #223022

Post Action | AoE-II (x14, 14 EN, +2/hit): 22 EN - (Stamina) = 20 EN
Free Action | None

ID#: 223023 | BD: 8+7+1-1=15 HIT | 28*14=392-70=322 DMG vs Skyrat Pirate 7 [Paralyzed] applied
ID#: 223024 | BD: 10 CIT+2 | 30*14=420-70=350 DMG vs Skyrat Pirate 8 [BLGT: 32/2] [Paralyzed] [STK: 40/2] applied
ID#: 223025 | BD: 6+7+1-1=13 HIT | 28*14=392-70=322 DMG Skyrat Pirate 9
ID#: 223026 | BD: 4+7+1-1=11 HIT | 28*14=392-70=322 DMG Skyrat Pirate 10

Skyrat Pirate 7 takes 24 Static splash DMG. Skyrat Pirate 9 takes 24 Static splash DMG. Skyrat Pirate 10 takes 24 Static splash DMG.

Katoka | HP: 519/780 (477+42) | EN: 62/112 (70+12-20)  | DMG: 28 | MIT: 38 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 7 | BH: 42 | AA | BLGT: 32 | P.V.O | REC: 8 | STK: 40
Freyd | HP: 1334/1334 | EN: 108/154  | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 6 | ACC: 6 | BH: 73 | LD: 9 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV: 32/3 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146

(0,1,3) Skyrat Pirate 7 | HP: 254/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Paralyzed] (600-322-24)
(0,0,3) Skyrat Pirate 8 | HP: 250/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 50 | ACC: 2 3 | EVA: 1 2 [BLGT: 32/2] [Paralyzed] [STK: 40/2] (600-350)
(0,0,3) Skyrat Pirate 9 | HP: 254/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 (600-322-24)

(0,0,3) Skyrat Pirate 10 | HP: 254/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 (600-322-24)

Edited by Katoka

"You're asking me!?"  Freyd managed, half-joking and half-incredulous, too busy dodging an assortment of pilfered blades to pick either one in whole.  "What the heck would I know about skyships?"

"Ryland," he snapped, interrupting the Dockmaster's next idiotic retort before it could even leave his lips.  "Get your ass in that raft and make it ready to save all of our collective cheeks.  I can keep them off you for another few seconds."

When dust and fractals alike finally settled, Freyd reset his stance in readiness for the next wave... which didn't come.  Crowding around them like a solid wall of eye patches, molting parakeet and salty peg-legs, the throng of threatening pirates held back while on the precipice.  Freyd stared them down, fists and kata at the ready, waiting to take on the horde, if necessary.  Instead, the field of second-hand clothing desperately in need of a laundromat finally parted, making way for their grand poohbah.  

"Drell?  You're looking a lot less dead than I would have expected.  Respawn timer treating you well?"

Shifting his stance, Freyd was signaling madly for Ryland to put a rush on starting the skiff.

Part 2 requirements have been met.  Part 3 triggers on the next post.

Spoiler

Note: Added Katoka's hate gains from last post.

Freyd regains +4 EN
CD 9 (+8 REC proc) ID #223030

Post Action | AoE-I (x15, 11 EN, +2 shift, +2/hit): 21 EN -(Stamina) = 19 EN (-2 for 1 miss)
Free Action | None

ID #223031 | BD: 8 (Crit +1, Fallen +16).  DMG (15*41=615-70=545) vs Skyrat Pirate 7. Dead. (CD 7 | ST-B Locked)
ID #223032 | BD: 1 (miss) vs Skyrat Pirate 8
ID #223033 | BD: 8 (Crit +1, Fallen +16).  DMG (15*41=615-70=545) vs Skyrat Pirate 9. Dead.
ID #223034 | BD: 10 (Crit +3, Holy +16).  DMG (15*43=645-70=575) vs Skyrat Pirate 10 . Dead.

Katoka | HP: 519/780  | EN: 62/112 | DMG: 28 | MIT: 38 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 7 | BH: 42 | AA | BLGT: 32 | P.V.O | REC: 8 | STK: 40
Freyd | HP: 1334/1334 | EN: 103/154 (108+4+8-17)  | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 6 | ACC: 6 | BH: 73 | LD: 9 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV: 32/3 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146

(1,4,3) Skyrat Pirate 7 | HP: 0/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Paralyzed] (254-545)
(2,1,3) Skyrat Pirate 8 | HP: 0/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 50 | ACC: 2 3 | EVA: 1 2 [BLGT: 32/2] [Paralyzed] [STK: 40/2] (250-40)
(1,3,3) Skyrat Pirate 9 | HP: 254/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 (254-545)

(1,3,3) Skyrat Pirate 10 | HP: 0/600 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 70 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 (254-575)

Loot:

Spoiler

Loot Skyrat Pirate 7: ID #223035 | LD: 4+10=14 | CD: 3
+2 materials (+2 CD odd)
T4 Rare Trinket 223035

Loot Skyrat Pirate 9: ID #223036 | LD: 2+10=12 | CD: 8
4200 col (HP[600]*7 - incl. +4 CD/LD even)
T4 Rare Weapon 223036a
T4 Uncommon Consumable 223036b

Loot Skyrat Pirate 10: ID #223037 | LD: 17+10=27 | CD: 10
+2 materials (+X LD odd)
3000 col (HP[600]*5 - incl. +2 CD even)
+1 Gleaming Scale
Random Dungeon Map 223037

Edited by Freyd

Katoka watched as what seemed like the never ending pirates parted, allowing a man with dark brown hair and an eyepatch to casually walk between them all and stop a few paces away from the group. Aside from the wind, the hurried sounds of Ryland trying to get the skiff started seemed to dominate the now silent dock. A grin spread across the man's face as he eyed Freyd and Katoka, "My my, it's been a while has it not?" Ulric crooned as he drew his sword, "What do you say we have another go?"

Kat's eyes widened, "He remembers you? I thought they couldn't do that?" Ulric shifted his stance and the samurai felt her body react on pure instinct, her body lashing out as she rushed forward to swing at the man. Her sword art nearly missed, just grazing him on the arm as her katana swung wide. She leapt back near her friend and felt her body breathing heavy. She had reacted on pure fear just then, like an animal that had been cornered.

"I really don't like the looks of this guy."

----

Spoiler

Katoka regains +4 EN
CD 2 (no REC proc) ID#: 223108

Post Action | ST-I (x15, 12 EN, +2 shift, ): 14 EN - (Stamina) = 12 EN 
Free Action | None

ID#: 223108 | BD: 1+7+1-3=6 HIT | 28*15=420-75 MIT= 345 DMG vs Ulric Drell

Katoka | HP: 561/780  | EN: 62/112 | DMG: 28 | MIT: 38 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 7 | BH: 42 | AA | BLGT: 32 | P.V.O | REC: 8 | STK: 40
Freyd | HP: 1334/1334 | EN: 103/154 (108+4+8-17)  | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 6 | ACC: 6 | BH: 73 | LD: 9 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV: 32/3 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146
Dockmaster Ryland | HP: 979/1000  | DMG: 0 | MIT: 20 | EVA: 2

(1,0,0) Ulric Drell | HP: 1655/2000 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 (2000-345)

• Poisoned Blade |  On MD 9-10, apply Toxic Venom 30 to the target for 3 turns.  If already active, the effect refreshes.  
  • Whirling Dervish | On CD 11-12, Ulric Drell’s attack becomes an AoE effect that includes Dockmaster Ryland and all players in the party.
  • Oddly Resilient | Ulric Drell heals 100 damage at the start of each of his turns, and reduces the duration of Bleed, Blighted, Toxic Venom and Envenomed effects by 1 turn.
  • Captain’s Nerve | Ulric Drell cannot be disabled.  But, each disabling effect instead reduces his ACC and EVA by 1 until the start of his next turn.  This debuff can stack.

Edited by Katoka

*SNAP*

The entire crowd focused in Freyd's fingers, as fully anticipated and desired.  It gave Persi precisely the opening she required.  Having snuck into the crowd while the pirates were busy cornering their elusive prey, Freyd placed her as a trump card immediately after Katoka shish-kebabbed his tawny coat with her katana.  Racing between a forest of hairy legs and pantaloons, the little shadow mongoose wormed her way up Ulric's leg to a combination of great surprise and consternation.

"What the... GAH!"

Most mobs panicked at the feel of inky shadows darting up their underpants.  Drell jumped, but almost instantly recovered, reaching below his belt with lightning speed and snaring the unwelcome guest with disturbing ease.  By the twitch in his eyes, he was ready to toss her over the edge and be done with her forever, but Freyd had likewise made his move.  Plans within plans.  Persi was just part of the distraction.  Even as the pirate captain pivoted for the throw, the Whisper's leg swept low to knock his legs out from under him.  Landing hard released his grip, allowing the agile mongoose to wring herself free and escape onto the skiff.

"Bahahaha!  Shaking your booty for the crowd, Drell?  I never knew you had it in you.  Is that what keeps the whores in line, or is it that you've just lost the least number of.. AARRGH"

Freyd just facepalmed.  Ryland's forearm had just attempted to swallow Drell'ls flung cutlass.  

"We need to get this done fast, Kat.  Or loudmouth over there will get himself killed."

A palpable, irate glower emanated from beneath the cowl, aimed the foolhardy Dockmaster's way.

Spoiler

Freyd regains +4 EN
CD 10 (+8 REC proc) ID #223109

Post Action | AoE-I (x15, 11 EN, +2 Shift, +2/hit): 15 EN - (Rested 2/2; Stamina) = 12 EN.  
Free Action | Grappling Familiar (CD 0/5)

ID #223110 | BD: 3+6-3=6 (hit).  DMG (15*24=360-75=285) vs Ulric Drell.

Ryland's Big Mouth | ID 223111 | BD 5 | Ryland generates 3 hate.

Ulric Drell regains 100hp from Oddly Resilient.

ID #223112 | MD: 10 (hit).  DMG (300-20=280) vs Dockmaster Ryland

Katoka | HP: 561/780  | EN: 62/112 | DMG: 28 | MIT: 38 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 7 | BH: 42 | AA | BLGT: 32 | P.V.O | REC: 8 | STK: 40
Freyd | HP: 1334/1334 | EN: 103/154 (103+4+8-12)  | DMG: 24 | MIT: 105 | EVA: 6 | ACC: 6 | BH: 73 | LD: 9 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV: 32/3 | REC: 8 | V.D.: 146
Dockmaster Ryland | HP: 699/1000  | DMG: 0 | MIT: 20 | EVA: 2 | TXV 30 (0/3) (979-280)

(1,2,3) Ulric Drell | HP: 1470/2000 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 (1655-285+100)

• Poisoned Blade |  On MD 9-10, apply Toxic Venom 30 to the target for 3 turns.  If already active, the effect refreshes.  
  • Whirling Dervish | On CD 11-12, Ulric Drell’s attack becomes an AoE effect that includes Dockmaster Ryland and all players in the party.
  • Oddly Resilient | Ulric Drell heals 100 damage at the start of each of his turns, and reduces the duration of Bleed, Blighted, Toxic Venom and Envenomed effects by 1 turn.
  • Captain’s Nerve | Ulric Drell cannot be disabled.  But, each disabling effect instead reduces his ACC and EVA by 1 until the start of his next turn.  This debuff can stack.

Edited by Freyd