[OP-F1] Night exploration in the city

After watching the events for a bit I decide to walk over as well. "What they said about me is mostly true though I am curious about something... If he is fine with it could one of you *looks to ryuu and argumail* do a duel to see who can get the other to half health first? I'm just curious about everyones abilities is all and this seems like the perfect opportunity to find out. My eyes from the left being blue and the right being red switch positions for a second or two as I ask this question.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If you don't mind, I would like to see you two duel as well." Ourian stated, curious as to the strength of the warriors before him. Other than his sister and his friend Ether, he hasn't seen a battle involving other players.

(Sorry if I seem out of line for asking, but I'm still new to rping. Still trying to figure a few things out :p)

"Okay then, but don't expect too much. I still only have the starter gear, but along the lines of skill, I'm unquestionably strong." Ryuu drew his sword and assumed a versatile position which he could quickly change between offense and defense. He prepared mentally for the attack, planning through multiple scenarios. It wouldn't be too hard since this man already fought him once and carried on a conversation. Ryuu had gained the necessary knowledge to properly predict his attacks. He held his position, waiting for Argumail to draw his sword before deciding to advance.

I smile slightly at his answer. "I go by Xethan in this land but if you talk to anyone else about me I go by X." Gesturing to myself I continue speaking. "Now you may have noticed that I only have basic equipment right now so I was wondering if you could use some of your own col or materials and find someone that could craft me a rare or perfect cloak that lets me take less damage and makes it harder for people to hit me, If you have enough or feel like it could you also acquire a better dagger that can paralyze targets when I hit them? I know this stuff is a little... expansive, but it would really help me out and I also promise to pay you back sometime if this is all okay with you." At the end of my question/speech I look directly at you with my blue/red eyes and await your answer.

Argumail toward his opponent and smiled bowing his head. He unsheathed his blade and stood in his Yang Taiji Joan stance. He moved his sword against the wind. It made a small ring sound as he inched over to Ryuu. He closed his eyes and waited as he inched to hear the ringing sound stop. When it did he slash in the wind and corkscrewed at Ryuu.

Ryuu had been expecting this. He quickly ducked down and kicked the legs of Argumail out from under him, in a basic low sweep. Having attained a brief moment of peace he rolled backwards onto his feet. "Now that our little warm up is over, shall we begun the actual battle." Only waiting for Argumail to get back on his feet and prepare slightly, Ryuu charged him, but instead of following through with an attack of undeniable power, he jumped into the air and brought his sword down. Oddly enough though this was not his attack. Instead, he planted it in the ground just enough to kick off the flat of the blade, and changing directions completely. He put his hand down as he was still airborne as to flip his body around due to the friction of his hand and the ground. Now only 3 feet from Argumail, he slashed horizontally.

Ryuu used his rotation caused by the kick and used the tree as a spring board. He returned the brutal counter with one that added the counter's intended force to his own. This time he did a number of vertical slices, turning him into something of a saw blade. He knew that Argumail would have to retreat in some direction, but couldn't yet determine which. Upon landing, he spun in a circle with his blade outstretched to accommodated for all directions, keeping his eye trained on Argumail as he did.

Argumail didn't retreat instead he lowered his sword and rose it slowly. He hunkered and turn his blade sideways. Ryuu came he defected to one way away from him. He was surprised that he chose a momentum attack when. Argumail was a sword Tai Chi. Strength and Knowledge were meanless with a strategy. Argumail began working on an endgame. Knowing that they were both on the same level it would end in a draw. The outcome is this because of extensive martial arts they both knew.

"The two of them seem rather skilled." Ourian states, complimenting the two warriors battling before him. Opening up the Head Up Display, he checks the time to see that it was getting close to sunrise.

"Sorry to cut our conversation short, my friend... but I must be on my way if I am to get some training in, as well as find a blacksmith or tailor that can craft what you seek. Until we meet again." Ourian says as he walks off towards the city's portal plaza.

[Leaving current RP]

Ryuu walked over to Argumail and offered his hand. "Well fought. You almost had me there at the end. Too bad neither of us were able to use our full strength due to the shortness of the fight." After shaking hands, Ryuu turned to Xethan. "I think I speak for Agrumail too when I say that we are all up for some mob killing."

• 2 weeks later...