SP - Floor three: The hunt for leather and treasure [COMPLETE]

L looked at his scroll thinking about where he could find this forest of death unfortunately Sai wouldn't give him any clues as to what type of challenges he would face as he progressed gathering the materials for his sword. He was on the third floor but no forest in sight. "hmmm i wonder where i can find this forest... Hey!" He ran over to an NPC who looked at him with a blank grim expression "Are you ok old man?" The old grey haired man turned to him shakily, it looked like the start of a quest. "B-B-Boy! I need your help! Theres a threat to our town! A snake is coming into our town at night and killing our cattle and we fear our children might be next! Will you slay this monstrosity for us?" 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Â« Snake Slayer»

Description: A giant snake is terrorising the village . Go into the dark tomb in the forest of death and hunt it down. Bring back it's fang as proof of your success.

Fulfillment requirements: Snake fang dropped by Greater Black Snake

Aid Allowed:  No

Rewards: The towns gratitude
Repeatable:  Yes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He accepted the quest despite his unease about its difficulty. "Don't worry about it sir, i'll have your pesky problem sorted in no time" He smiled at the man as he waved goodbye 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L started to make his move from the forest after getting directions from another npc, this was to be a long journey as expected. The wind rushed past his head as he broke out into a sprint effectively cutting a large amount of distance in little time. He looked around him and analysed the structuring of every object from the tallest building to the smallest plant. Everything was perfect in appearance, the sky was crystal clear, the smell of the air was clean and fresh and the detail was marvellous. Whoever made this game had a LOT of time and money to burn. He ate a loaf of bread and drank a bottle of water as his journey was to be long a filled with peril.

Well Fed: +5 max hp

Fibre: + 1 Damage Mitigation

After a good 10 mins of running he finally came at a crossroad. One depicting a safe rout to the next village and the other leading to the forest of death. "Welp, guess i know where I'm going. Forest of killing and scary stuff here i come!" He started to run down the path of the forest of death. The clear blue sky became dull and grey, the air became heavy and damp and the environment around him started to look moister like it had rained for weeks giving off an earthly smell. The soil produced a kind of squishy pitter-patter under the weight of his steps as he ran to the entrance of the forest of death. "So this is it huh... looks kinda dangerous, fitting for a snake to live indeed" He looked at his scroll to check the materials he needed to make his dream blade, slightly confused "Hmm wait what! I can get three of the materials i need from here! Sweet!"

"First material... hmmm. Mahogany should be the first and easiest to get. Considering the amount of trees here" He looked over at the trees, some where different to each-other but the majority were straight-grained with a reddish-brown colour. "These are definitely the mahogany trees" He swung his sword at the trunk of the tree with nothing happening at first until, one of the branches struck back knocking him to the floor. The tree de rooted itself and moved over to him slowly but furiously. "Again?! Every time i go out on a quest something like this happens! Im sick of it!"

Mahogany Tree-Ent

Health: 25

Damage: 3

Special Ability: Battle Healing (2) on roll 17-20

Description: You must've been really dumb to piss this thing off

walking_ent_by_typhonart-d67vrow.png

~Life: 17/17

~Mahogany Tree-Ent: 25/25

L scowled and slowly stomped his way over to the tree keeping the same pace as the tree. They met halfway and the Ent swung it's large twisted arm of branches horizontally attempting to whack him away and deal heavy damage. L grimaced and simply ducked it bringing his blade to his hip and thrusted fiercely at its body of bark taking a large chunk out of it's body. "I guess I'll just chop n' slice until you're nothing left of you but a sapling" 

~Skill Succes!

~Attack Succes!

~Critical Strike!

~Life: 17/17
~M-T-E: 22/25

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 7 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 3 on the d20 (loot) dice.

L ducked under its legs turning over to its right leg and hacked away at the thing with his large curved blade. It was like carving a turkey except it smelt like animal excrement and mold. The Ent looked down at him and stomped it's foot down sending a small shockwave though the ground making him stagger slightly. The Ent turned and whacked his upper-torso sending him flying into boulder covered in vines. Luckily he raised his arms in time, his coat absorbing most of the impact. "That kinda hurt.."

~Attack Success! 2 damage! 

~Enemy Attack Success! 1 damage! (3 dmg -2 from damage mit)

~Life: 16/17

~M-T-E: 20/25

• Rolled a 6 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 5 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 12 on the d20 (loot) dice.

The Ent stomped over to the boulder to crush Life against the it. It thrusted it body straight towards him, L grabbed one of the vines and swung away from it. The Ents arm smashed into the boulder staggering it giving him the opportunity to hack away at it's arm. 

~Attack Success! 2 damage! 

~Enemy Attack Failed!

~Life: 16/17

~M-T-E: 18/25

• Rolled a 5 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 6 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 1 on the d20 (loot) dice.

His sword got caught in the monstrosities arm and it swung back agitatedly forcing him to dash backwards. The giant Tree trampled the shrubbery around it stomping it's way towards him furiously. It seemed like it didn't like being played with. Armless L stood trying to find a way to get his weapon back, he was definitely in a difficult position. "I need to get my sword back, but it's stuck in that things arm.. oh man here he comes.. I'm so screwed" He scanned the area again and spotted the tomb off in the distance, with a plan useful for such an event, perfect in this situation. He started to sprint over towards the tomb, hoping the Ents aggro was still focusing him, he didn't want to lose his only sword.

• Rolled a 9 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 11 on the d20 (loot) dice.

He reached the tomb and to his delight the Ent was still following "Oh goody, we can have some fun then!" He spoke out loud with a grin, the Ent grunted in response charging straight for him trying to catch up with him. L stood straight at the entrance and waited for the obsolete log to make its move. The tree reached the entrance of the tomb but to his confusion his target was no longer in sight. From out of the shadows L jumped out from the entrance of the tomb sliding under it's legs, the Ent turned in confusion to see what slid under his legs reaching out with it's arm to catch the pest. The trees movements were too slow and L stepped up onto the trees hand ripping his sword out from the trees bark jumping up onto it's shoulders. The tree tried to grab at him but L simply grabbed onto it's other hand and once the tree tried to flick him away he jump back onto it's head slicing from the top of its head down its neck and along it's back. The tree seemed to give off a loud humming noise as sap poured from the trees wounds. "That's... kinda gross.."

~Skill Success! Evaded attack!

~Attack Succes! Perfect Critical! (4 damage)

~Life: 16/17 - Well fed: +5 Max Health. Fibre: +1 damage Mit. 

~M-T-E: 14/25

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 2 on the d20 (loot) dice.

He smiled as the Ent seemed to be completely devastated by the attack. "Hey tree thing! You're looking a little green!" He laughed hard at his own joke, once again having way too much fun in a death game. The tree seemed unimpressed and almost looked at him rather cross charging at him for another attack. L analysed it's patterns, this attack seemed very sloppy. With barely any effort he dodged the attack strafing to the left and slashed once again at his trunk like legs. "You're going to have to do better than that. It looks like you've already lost the will to fight" His words seemed to hurt more than his blade. "I bet your own (Mother) nature doesn't love you! You reeky, in-grown bum-bailey!" 

~Attack Success! 

~Enemy Attack Failed!

~Life: 16/17 - Well fed: +5 Max Health. Fibre: +1 damage Mit. 

~M-T-E: 12/25

• Rolled a 7 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 4 on the d20 (loot) dice.

The Ent was now seething with anger, the last two insults seemed to push him too far over the edge. "You're going to regret those words! You unmuzzled, fen-sucked pigeon-egg!" He looked at the npc bewildered, that's the third enemy he's faced with human like emotions. "Would you look at that... perplexing indeed! Have at you then!" The two charged straight for each-other. L pulled his sword back charging for a strike, he let it fly as the Ent swung it's large branch-twisted arm 360-degrees meeting his blade effectively crushing him to the ground. "I never learn.. note 3: Stop pissing the monsters off, for real this time" The Ent towered over his body and began channeling energy into the earth almost as if it were embracing it as vines latched onto it's body pulsating green light.

~Skill Failed!

~Attack Failed!

~Enemy Attack Succes! Critical Strike! 2 damage ( 3 base + 1critical - 2 damage mit)

~Enemy Skill Success! Battle Healing (2)

~Life: 14/17 - Well fed: +5 Max Health. Fibre: +1 damage Mit. 

~M-T-E: 12/25 - Healing (2)

• Rolled a 4 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 19 on the d20 (loot) dice.

L looked up at the creature, the green light pulsating from its body. "It's so beautiful...ugh, censored this hurts" The Ent glared at him as the vines finished moving from the ground into its body still pulsating. He struggled to get up onto his two feet, the Ent already making its advance. The trees around him rustled as the wind blew through the woods, the ground still mushy and wet. He grabbed some of the mushy dirt and threw it straight at the Ents face charging at it soon after. The Ent took a random swing for him as it tried to absorb the earthy material into it's body and gain its sight back effectively missing his shot. Lifes body was still pounding in pain as he attempted to strike at the trees abdomen weakly, ultimately failing at doing any damage. It seemed the shoe was now on the other foot.

~Attack Failed!

~Enemy Attack Fail!

~Enemy Healing.

~Life: 14/17 - Well fed: +5 Max Health. Fibre: +1 damage Mit. 

~M-T-E: 13/25 - Healing (1)

• Rolled a 4 on the d10 (battle) dice.

L started to get annoyed as this was taking way too long for his liking, he hadn't even gotten to the main boss yet. "Let's make this quick stumpy" He running now carelessly toward his enemy. "Lets wrap our little fiasco off" His body started to look sluggish in his movement though he swung his sword gracefully around the trees body chopping chunks off as sweat trailed down from his forehead to his neck. The tree too slow to react to his rapid movement.

~Life: 14/17

~ M-T-G: 12/20

• Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d12 (craft) dice.

It seemed as though he was willing to go hit for hit with the tree, not letting up or giving it the slightest bit of space. His movements looked as though it were shrouded in mist. Another chunk of bark flew from the trees body and it lashed back in anger coming at him from the side. L glanced at its arm and put up his arms to guard the strike. 

~Life: 13/17

~M-T-E: 10/25

• Rolled a 3 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 6 on the d20 (loot) dice.

The only sound that now came from the forest was the feint groans of pain and the clash of metal on wood. The two battling entities of the forest drew in the energy and attention of all the life surrounding them. Another chunk of wood flew past and another grunt of pain was heard as they continued to battle.

~Life: 12/17

~M-T-E: 8/25

• Rolled a 10 on the d20 (loot) dice.

L began to grow tired if this back and forth fiasco and jumped back. It was time to end this thing, both creatures of the forest charged at eachother again. One with its blade out beginning to charge its strike the Ent realised they were playing this scene out again and smirked to itself as it began to swing it's arm in another 360 crush attempt. The fiend with the blade was an analyst and a learner. The same attack won't work twice on him as he sliced straight through the arm of the Ent. It wallowed in agony as it's hand split in two at a vertical. 

~Attack success! Perfect critical!

~M-t-e: 4/25

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 12 on the d20 (loot) dice.

The tree looked to him in despair, a fight which looked one sided ended up capsizing on him. L walked over to the Ent staring blankly at it with cold dead eyes. The monster hesitated for a moment, even though it was 2-3x larger than he was he felt belittled by his presence. "I'm not amused, nor am i impressed. I really thought this was going to be more difficult but it seems as though you gave up on caring about your life again. But i suppose thats all your good for either way, giving your life to enrich ours. That is your fate"  His words reminded him of a friends. The tree screwed it's face up and ran at him for one last time with his other good hand. L intercepted the Ents strike by grabbing his arm and cut it off with his sword. â€‹"You're obsolete now. Fulfill your purpose" The tree staggered, falling to the floor with nothing left, no will or way to fight back.

~Attack success!

~Enemy Attack Fail!

~M-t-e: 2/25

•  
  • Rolled a 1 on the d20 (loot) dice.

L stepped on top of the log that sat stunned looking down on it with supercilious eyes. The Ent tried to lift it's arm that had been split in two trying to inflict what little damage it could leave him with. He raised him arm blocking it, not having enough power to knock him away considering its power had been literally cut in two.  "Let's not make this more painful than it has to be" He took his blade and pierced it's forehead ending it's misery and suffering as it's body became limp and lifeless blowing up into minuscule particles evaporating into the upper canopy of the forest. A notification popped up, another uncommon item, a wooden pendant with the glowing life of the forest and the mahogany he first came for. "Tch.. yet another npc monster showing emotion. Why..." He shook his feelings of unease and started to head into the tomb. 

Heart of the forest

Quality: Uncommon

Shop: ???

Type: Pendant (necklace)

Description: +1 LD

~Skill Success! 

~Attack Success!

~Level up!
~Life: 20/20 - Well fed: +5 Max Health. Fibre: +1 damage Mit. 

~Mahogany Tree Ent: 0/25

• Rolled a 20 on the d20 (loot) dice.

The tomb was dark a dreary. Burial customs changed with the ebb and flow of history. What is a common burial place today may be unheard of fifty years from now. Consequently tomb types also change. This one seemed to be a natural cave, a cave converted for the use of being a tomb. As he walked through the rocky tunnels of the cave he noticed many different chambers. "How in the hell am i going to find this thing.." The tunnels were fairly wide and long with various splits going off in the distance, he simply moved forward not interested in getting lost and waited for hints as to where the beast might lay in rest. 

• Rolled a 3 on the d20 (loot) dice.

The ground made no sound under his footsteps and he equipped some of the equipment that he hadn't put on previously. His new boots were very made his steps very sensitive but the material was strong. The pendant he had just received gave off a small light making traversing the tombs slightly more bearable and his fur coat keeping him warm. He started to search some of the catacombs but to no luck. It looked like it was going to take many attempts traversing this place to reach his destination. He broke up some of his bread and left a trail behind him as to not get lost and downed some water to stay hydrated.

~-1 bread

~ -1 Water

• Rolled a 2 on the d20 (loot) dice.

He continued down through one of the catacombs, this one seemed larger and more daunting than the others. To no avail there wasn't much to show from his expeditions but it seemed as though this catacomb was special. There were many other rooms branching off from this one, it seemed as though this was probably the main room in which they held funerals and the tunnel and many other tombs that branched out from it which he was originally moving through was just one of the routs leading to morgues. "I need to pick one of these routs? And each one is about the same size as the last ones i was in? I am convinced i have the worst luck..." 

• Rolled a 9 on the d20 (loot) dice.