SP - Floor three: The hunt for leather and treasure [COMPLETE]

He roughly checked the entrances of each tunnel and found a very interesting hint as to where the Reptile would be hiding. Its shedding was laying around carelessly all over the ground, it was fairly large and considering it was a shedding it was probably bigger. He continued down the pathways until he finally reached the last tomb, dead bodies were sprawled across the floors as he spotted the serpent swallowing a dead body whole. "Thats just nasty..." The serpent eye'd him and payed no care to his presence as it casually finished it's meal. "And that's just rude! You're going to get it from me good.."

Ancient Black Serpent

Health: 30

Damage: 4

Abilities: Paralysis(2) on rolls 18,19,20 

Black_Snake_1440x900.jpg

• Rolled a 16 on the d20 (loot) dice.
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ignoring me is something you're going to regret. Time to teach you a lesson!" He brought his blade behind his back and it glowed a deep blue as the serpent went on to eat its second meal "Fell Crescent!"  In the blink of an eye he travelled across the tomb leaving a trail of light behind him slashing straight through the scales of the beast leaving a bright red mark on its body as he re- appeared behind it. The serpent turned around slowly and looked at him in slight amazement but also with a look of despise. 

~Attack Success! Critical Strike!

~Life: 20/20 Well Fed: +5 max health Fibre: +1 Damage Mitigation.

~Ancient Black Serpent: 27/30

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 7 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 13 on the d20 (loot) dice.

The snake struck at him with its tail as a test of strength knocking him into one of the pillars as he blocked most of the damage being dealt. "Hmm not bad" He smiled slightly the snake began to grow intrigued as L still ran at the snake with full strength slashing back at its tail. The snake flicked its tail back in pain and hissed at him. The battle was about to get serious.

~Attack Success! 

~Enemy Attack Success!

~Life: 18/20 Well Fed: +5 max health Fibre: +1 Damage Mitigation.

~Ancient Black Serpent: 25/30

• Rolled a 5 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 8 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 8 on the d20 (loot) dice.

"Time to get serious!" The snake hissed in anticipation as it charged fang first at L. His eyes began to shake wirily as he tried to concentrate, time slowed around him and he closed his eyes envisioning the room around him as the serpent slowly edged closer and closer. The time felt perfect as he exhaled and opened his eyes slowly to reveal glowing crimson red eyes, he was once again in the zone. He stopped the beasts attack with a single stroke of his weapon and slid it up the side of its fang slashing upwards at its mouth cutting it through the middle effectively parrying its attack in one swift formless motion. The beast wallowed in pain, recoiled and writhed hissing loudly. It's tail quivered around the room in search for vengeance destroying numerous sarcophaguses and sepulchres in the process, it had never been hurt or threatened so much in it's entire life and seemed to be regretting ever taking him lightly. 

~Skill: Parry - Success! 6 damage! (Enemy attack 4 damage +1 Critical + 1 sword skill proficiency)

~Ancient Black Serpent: 19/30

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 1 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 19 on the d20 (loot) dice.

He smirked and looked at the beast in superiority, it seemed to be greatly confused by this new pests surprising power. He muffled his movements slightly dashing from side to side eventually breaking out into a full sprint and instantly had lost the tracking of the beast. He jumped up and slashed down at the reptiles long body as it struggled to find an opening for a counter attack.

~Attack Success!

~Skill Success!

~Ancient Black Serpent: 16/30

• Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 5 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 13 on the d20 (loot) dice.

He jumped off the back of the beast and lashed out at its head mid air as he swiftly landed on the floor. The beast attempted to strike at him with it's tail but the blow to it's head put it's aim off. Things were going much easier and smoother than he'd imagined. 

~Attack Success!

~Enemy Attack Failed!

~Ancient Black Serpent: 14/30

• Rolled a 6 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 3 on the d20 (loot) dice.

He payed no attention to the status of the snake effectively underestimating it, this he would pay the price for. As he charged the snake once again lashed out with its tail sweeping him off his feet causing him to crash down to the ground. He had no time to react as the beast began to charge it's next strike, it was going to be deadly, he could tell.

~Attack Fail!

~Enemy Attack Success!

~Life: 16/20 Well Fed: +5 max health Fibre: +1 Damage Mitigation.

~Ancient Black Serpent: 14/30

• Rolled a 2 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 16 on the d20 (loot) dice.

The jaws of the snake enlarged as it prepared to swallow him whole. "You cocky little bastard!" L thrusted his blade forward as the snake made it's move onto his body stopping its head from progressing any further. The blade was jammed into its upper mouth however its fang was jammed into his arm. "Tch, i can do this all day!"

~Attack Success!

~Enemy Attack Success!

~Life: 14/20 Well Fed: +5 max health Fibre: +1 Damage Mitigation.

~Ancient Black Serpent: 12/30

• Rolled a 5 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 15 on the d20 (loot) dice.

It tighented its bite as L tried to fight back succeeding only in making the pain worse. The snake injected its venom into his arm causing him to collapse to the floor, it was a smart move by the beast. It released it's grip onto his arm and started to coil it's long body around his.

Enemy attack success! Perfect Critical! 4 damage! (4+2-2)

Attack Failed!

~Paralysis (2)

~Life: 10/20
~A-B-S: 12/30

• Rolled a 1 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 5 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 20 on the d20 (loot) dice.

The snake began to constrict him applying enormous amounts of pressure on his constitution. He cried out in pain as he felt his bones begging to give in, it seemed like this was his end. 

~Enemy Attack Success!

~Paralysis (1)

~Life: 8/20
~A-B-S: 12/30

• Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 11 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d20 (loot) dice.

He began to transition in and out of consciousness, could this really be it..? He didn't want to believe it was over, he didn't want to give up. The images of his past began to appear before his eyes, he couldn't tell what was real or what was fake. His blood started to heat up as rage and adrenaline began to flow through his veins. "I.... I refuse this reality... I want to live, even if i spend the rest of my life in this censored hole!" He felt the paralysis wear off pushing his body outwards trying to squirm out the serpent just tightened its grip and moved to swallow him whole. "Y-you... you bastard! Wait until I'm unconscious if you're going to try that!"  He spat in the serpents eyes and punched its face pushing himself out of its grip as it hesitated for a moment, he readjusted the grip on his sword and slashed at its face creating a horizontal red scar, it began to hiss loudly in pain and despise. 

~Attack Success!

~Enemy Attack Fail!

~A-B-S: 10/30

• Rolled a 4 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 4 on the d20 (loot) dice.

L walked slowly towards the serpent with cold dead eyes, consumed by inner rage. The serpent looked back at him in despise and anger, towering over the petty boy. His heart was heavy and rage still flowed through his veins. "You don't get to do this to me, you don't get to live.." He snake sent its tail flying towards him, he noticed its shadow moving and anticipated the attack slicing off a thick portion of the serpents tail off. 

~Skill Success!

~Attack Success!

~A-B-S: 7/30

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 12 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 12 on the d20 (loot) dice.

The snake turned in fury slithering angrily towards him. L stood firm, un wavered by the giant reptile approaching him. "Come at me you vile creature!" The snake furiously opened its jaws wider than his whole body, It tilted its head and went to bite at the side of his abdomen. He eye'd the snake ominously "Bad idea" He dashed back forcing the snake to slam its own jaws shut while he lodged his blade in it's mouth forcing it though it's head. It opened it's mouth hastily to get the blade out. L reacted swiftly pulling it out and kicking it's mouth back shut, it bonked backwards for a moment and he jumped onto its head "Rest in hell.." He raised his blade high into the air and brought it down piercing the whole way through its skull, the hilt sinking so far into it's head that it was no longer removable by hand.

~Skill Success! Parry 7 damage! (4 base + 2 perfect crit + 1 sword proficiency) 

~Ancient Black Serpent: 0/30

~Loot: 150 Col. Ancient Black Leather. Ancient Snake Fang.

• Rolled a 3 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 20 on the d20 (loot) dice.

The snakes huge body slowly dissipated into golden particles and he slowly walked away from it. Once the last particle had disappeared the tomb started to cave in, he ran for the exit but it was too late, he was trapped inside, the snakes tomb was also to be his. "What is luck?" He shook his head in frustration and collapsed to the floor in defeat. Hours past but the air didn't grow thin. "Hold on... if im not running out of air, there must be an opening leading to the outside!" He started to look around the tomb and to his surprise he noticed a large crack in the wall, the old walls were also very weak. "I guess Kayaba isn't as cruel as i thought" How am i going to crumble this wall though..?

L knocked the wall right his knuckles and listened closely, there was another pathway for sure. He pushed the wall with his bare hands, it gave in slightly but it wasn't enough. "This reminds me of the time I was at the Goblin Kinds domain and broke the wall down to get the treasure chest" He laughed to himself and pushed a bit harder, it still didn't give in. For a good 10 minutes he pushed a bit harder each time trying to get it to collapse under his constant pressure. He quickly began to get frustrated "Alright you know what, screw this, screw you Kayaba, screw you game mechanics and screw you, YOU STUPID WALL!" He kicked the wall hard with a frontal kick finally giving it the last push it needed to crumble, he damaged himself in the process but at least he got the wall down. "Thank goodness, i thought i was trapped in here forever" 

~Life: 7/20

• Rolled a 18 on the d20 (loot) dice.

The passageway was dark, he attempted to analyse the room through the darkness. It was a long singular walkway, below it was nothing, just darkness and above it was the roof of the cave with a single slit large enough to allow a good amount of air to flow through but not large enough to give too much light to the room, or maybe that was just because it was now night time? or perhaps the permanent darkness of the forest of death, that was probably it. The adrenaline wore off and he felt completely lethargic "urghh, this day has worn me out, i need to get back to the village soon.. Im also dangerously low on health i don't think i'll be able to survive another battle.." He continued down the walkway, it seemed to never end as his well fed and fibre bonuses wore off and it began to grow very, very cold. 

• Rolled a 1 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Voices began to echo through his head as the darkness warped his vision and clouded his mind. He looked up to the ceiling for a glimpse of light, but there was only darkness, he blinked as his head throbbed in pain blood splattered across the wall. "Why is this happening to me, i don't even know why i keep having these visions!" He began to run in fear, fear of himself, the fear of fear itself. His heart raced and dead bodies appeared in front of him trying to knock him down from the walkway, he ran and ran pushing them out of the way and jumping over their corpses. "LET ME OUT OF HERE!" He closed his eyes as he continued to sprint and eventually the road ended leading him into a new room.

The new room was bright and beautiful. The morning light trailed through the cracks, was he really in this cave for a full day? The light wrapped it's body around a statue of mother mary, this was a sanctuary.. the floor was a smooth grey and white marble and the walls where tangled and covered with vivid green vines and moss. There where two directions he could head, further into the sanctuary or out of the cave once and for all. He felt the urge to continue into the sanctuary but the was a good chance he wouldn't come back out. "I guess it will have to wait..." He turned away from the sanctuary with unease and a longing, he'll definitely return to this place. 

The marble floor began to disappear and the darkness engulfed his surroundings, the sanctuary was no longer visible. The cave tunnel ended with a singular door waiting to be opened. "What do we have here..." He slowly opened it and a chilling wind rolled through the cave blowing his hair violently past his face and his eyes widened. Bodies where scattered all over the floor, it was horrific. Blood was splattered across the walls and bodies and heads were impaled straight through and in the centre of the room was a blood shrine.  A shine used for blood offerings, he wondered to himself how a game could have such an easter egg. "Did Kayaba plan to put this in the game..?" He began to wonder why people would fill the shrine with blood but he was curious to find out.

The shrine hummed "Please Donate" He cringed at his thoughts but his curiosity got the better of him, it really wasn't a good idea but he didn't care. He sensed as if this was necessary. He pulled his sword back out of his inventory, it was rusted and at it's worst in terms of durability, he closed his eyes and cut his own hand pouring his blood into the shrine. It began to glow a deep crimson red, it kind of reminded him of his guilds name, the crimson inquisition. He wondered if this place would make a good secret meeting room for his guild. He put the sword away and watched as the shrine sunk into the floor, the same way his heart sunk into his chest. "What's going to happen...."  An announcement came onto his screen saying "Thank you for your contribution, your life, has been spared" 

He shook his head dumbfounded but glad, he can see why so many people had died. The shrine completely disappeared into the floor leaving only a button left to press. He stepped on it cautiously and the wall in front of him collapsed, was this a one off test..? He shook his head in disgust and continued through the room but before he exited the room he noticed a red and gold chest which had also appeared from the shrines trigger. "I don't even know what to say right now.."

He cautiously opened the chest and eye'd the item inside carefully. A pair of rare light metal arm-guards. They were stunning, both where well made and light weight as well as the fluorite crystal he needed to craft his <<Blade Of Dreams>>

Shinigami Arm Guards

Quality: Rare

Shop: ????

Description: A beautiful pair of black light metal arm guards that are comfortable and lightweight

They provide +1 skill rank with curved-sword Skill and +1 Paralyse on rolls 8,9,10

~Life: 5/17

~Rolled 21 (19LD+1 Heart of the forest+1 Detection) 

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d12 (craft) dice.