[PP - F4] Introductions {Guardians}

She hoped that she was doing the right thing by creating this guild. Deep in her heart, she knew it was the only way to achieve her goal of becoming a front-liner. But that did not stop hints of doubt from tugging at her. Her soft sigh filled the empty room. She had called this meeting for all new members to get to know each other. Perhaps having them around would help her grow more confident.

Edited by Lessa

Footsteps would traverse the snowy ground heading towards his destination. He had received a message from Lessa and immediately took off to where they would be hosted for the evening to meet the new members. His floor that reminded of home was good as any place to get things started. It would warm his heart to be here as it was something that he grew up with. The snow danced in front of his vision as he gazed upon the Inn that wasn't too far away." Hmm. Good as any place to start." He would whisper into the blowing wind letting it get carried away into the darkness. Eyes would glance slightly around the surrounding area making sure this wasn't some sort of ambush and she wasn't kidnapped or something weird. 

It didn't seem too out of place but he would still remain on guard in case someone decided to lunge at him. Footsteps would then reach the steps and he would go up the wooden porch that held the doorway's presence. His hand would walk up to the frame and he pushed his way through into the Inn. The blustery wind pushed him forcefully as it was sucked in by the heat like a vacuum. Red orbs trailed for every occupant but it seemed the only two people who were there besides him was the innkeeper and Lessa. A slight smile formed across his face as he started walking to her." Eyo." He would speak in a light upbeat fashion to her.

She looked occupied to him as he stared at her upon approaching her. With the distance closed to a few feet, he would speak softly to her." Whats going on in that mind of yours, Lessa? " He would inquire seeing how this would be the free moment to ask her a private question while no one was around just yet. He soon silenced himself waiting for the answer, if any, from her. He was her support and he would do just that for the young miss, even though she was two years older. 

Staring quietly down at the scene from his vantage point on the staircase, Alkor watched the first of the new guild's members bled into the room. It hadn't been in his itinerary to join a guild, and though he didn't necessarily feel bad about it, being around people was still awkward to the youth.

He draped his arms lazily over the banister and after a moment, he recognized Kiluia as the retired front liner who had helped Lessa alongside him on the first day they had met. So, he's stayed around this long, huh? To Alkor, it didn't seem like a coincidence. She must really appreciate him sticking around.

His listen skill wasn't high enough for him to eavesdrop; Alkor didn't believe in listening to other players' private conversations. He looked away from the scene unfolding below and opened his menu, reading back over the message she sent out.

According to the CC, there would be at least two players other than he and Kiluia, and they had yet to arrive as far as Alkor could tell. He would join the group when everyone else had arrived- insomuch as he would make his presence known, and probably stay secluded at the top of the stairwell. He hated large groups.

He looked over his equipment again and decided that for a meeting in an inn, everything was as safe and secure as it could get. Alkor closed out the menu and watched the door, face set like stone and hood draped over his features.

Lessa turned from the fire at the sound of a voice behind her. As she recognized the player, her face lit up. "Kiluia," she greeted, giving him a smile. "Figures you would be the first to show up." She gave him a playful wink, then added, "you always were the first one to respond to my messages." That had been one of the main reasons why she had worried about him while he was gone. For the longest time, he had come whenever she called. But when he disappeared on her, and stopped replying to her messages, she had figured something terrible had happened. Now, she was just thankful that he was standing there before her.

At his question regarding the guild, her smile faltered. She wrapped her arms tighter around herself, and moved her gaze back to the fire. "Not much," she replied softly, the red flames dancing in her blue eyes. Then she sighed. "I don't know, Kiluia." She donned a tight-lipped smile. "I never could keep things from you, could I?" The young woman turned back to him once again. "I'm just a bit nervous about the whole guild thing. I'm still a relatively new player, and most people don't even know who I am. I've never been on the front-lines." She paused, then looked up to meet his gaze. "What makes me think I can run a front-liner guild?"

"It's not think, it's can. You can because you have people like us who are willing to give an arm an' a leg to support each other."

Tristan leaned against the door, then walked in. He wore smart-casual clothing, as was typical of him. He supposed it was something of habit when you came of older age.

"Besides, we're going to work with the Crimson Inquisition right? So we aren't going at it alone. Rather than sinking a ship before it has even left harbour, let it test the waters first." Tristan smiled, ridiculous as his analogy was.

Rebekah had gotten the message late, and was now scrambling down to the inn where they guild would be meeting. She did not want to make a bad first impression to the rest of the members. Thankfully, it was not too far away from her shop, and she made it here, albeit a tiny bit late. She opened the door, and tried to slip into the room unnoticed.

There she had noticed that she was the last person to arrived, and quietly went inside. She had only caught the last bit of Tristan's speech about working together with another guild. That would be an interesting situation, as she had never visited anywhere near the front lines before, but she had been training up for the day where she could be strong enough.

As the rest of the group finally trickled in to the small room Lessa had acquired for the meeting, Alkor walked quietly down the stairs adjacent to the door and headed toward it. For so long as the door was open, he wouldn't need to be inside to hear the proceedings. Leaning himself against the wall next to the door, Alkor bowed his head and crossed his arms.

He genuinely hated being a part of large gatherings, even if he belonged to the group in question. Their conversation seemed trite, something about the guild being paired with another for teamwork or something. It all sounded like some pep rally, high school nonsense to him. He'd agreed to come and listen, and potentially offer his aid to their cause in times of great need, but realistically, there was a sense of camaraderie building in that room that had no place for Alkor in it.

His eyes slowly shut as he considered what his next move would be. The Front Line effort had stalled, and while he couldn't restart it on his own, the players needed to make a big push in order to move up through the floors. There was no way they could stay stuck in this game forever.

Still, there were a number of weak players now, but very few strong ones or rising strong ones to pick up where the former frontliners had left off. There was a boss waiting inside the dungeon on the ninth floor and no one to rise to the challenge. In silence, Alkor gritted his teeth and searched within himself for an answer.

The blonde listened to Tristan speak, nodding along. True, his analogy was a silly one, but it did make some sense. "The Crimson Inquisition was kind to offer their support," she told him, "and I'm sure we will stay in touch."

As another figure entered the room, Lessa turned to her. "Rebekah," she called out, giving the other woman a small wave. "Welcome. I'm so glad that you were able to make it. Feel free to grab a coffee or cocoa. We will be starting in just a second." Turning back to Tristan and Kiluia, she added, "same goes for you two. Hot drinks on the table over there. Make yourselves comfortable."

Yet again, she caught herself glancing toward the empty doorway. Alkor still had not arrived. Sure, he should be there - he was a member of the guild, of course. But deep down, she doubted that he would show up. He was not a social person, by any stretch of the imagination. She feared inviting him might make him uncomfortable, and that he would decline without a second thought. It seems that is the case, she thought to herself with a small sigh. Might as well move on.

"Good evening, everyone," she announced, addressing the small group of players. "Thank you all for coming. I really appreciate your interest and support. You probably already know this by now, but my name is Lessa, and I am the creator of the Guardians of Aincrad guild. The purpose of this guild is to train the next generation of front-liners. The first thing that I wanted to ask you all was what you want to see from me, and from the guild as a whole." Motioning to the rest of the players, she said, "so, if you have any suggestions, please feel free to voice them now."