[OP-F1] This Sword Need a Wielder (complete)

bright_sun_and_endless_grassland.jpg

The sun was in mid-air in the green fields outside.

Rowan walked calmly while waving his sword in all directions.  "Ani Lo Yahol Lehakot Leshahek" he though, 

feeling the sword in his hands was like his dream realized before his eyes.

Rowan looked like an average boy with brown hair scattered around his head, warming countenance and deep brown eyes.

He has already spent 10 full minutes inside the game, Of those five in the Beginner's Town.

He got sick of it fast. A lot of depressing and lacking in humor players and are thrown all around the corners.

Such a good game should not be wasted sitting idly at the bar.

He didn't buy anything, read the instructions manual or look at the map. 

Simply pulled out his sword and went outside, hoping to understand how to play in this game.

{I am a new player so anyone who want to help me improve my roleplay / show me how battle work is welcome}

L walked around the outer-fields of the non-safe zone. He wasn't sure what he was looking for but sometimes a warrior just needed to clear his mind. He noticed a level 1 character off in the distance, it wasn't common to find players still new to the game but there he was. 

He walked over the the boy nonchalantly, he wasn't worried in the least about any danger on floor one. "Hey there, you look a bit lost and confused. Do you need help with anything" L wore complete black. Everything from his dark chocolate hair to his Alpha wolf fur coat to his night thief treads, seemed completely black. The only exception being his wooden pendant which glowed a deep green. He looked at the boy with an open heart, something he only showed to new players and respected players. 

Rowan Couldn't believe his good luck. a NPC swordsman, ready to teach him the game.

As the NPC walked toward him he realize that he will have to talk with him in english, I hope the system will catch my accent .

Rowan wear a a long white leather shirt and a blue pants. The system call it "Cloth Armor", he called that crap.

His hands were covered with black gloves and one of them was holding a black sword with red sheath.

"you show up really fast!" he smile at him. He probably not understanding me.i need to use keywords to active it.

Rowan smoothed his hair and grab his sword with both hands. "I'm  ready to start" he said very slowly, hoping to sound to sound clear as possible, "Lets Fight!".

L raised an eyebrow, he probably thought he was an NPC or something. "Sure let us go for a stroll, i suppose you're itching for battle" He couldn't help but smile at his enthusiasm as he made his way into the open fields, covered in boars. "We'll start with these guys. Would you like a demonstration..?"

"Yes" Rowan answer slowly, he is doing a good work by preventing his accent to interrupt the system commands.

He was pretty sure that the NPC will offer to fight him, but its seems like It's going to be a boring tutorial with level 0 monsters.
It's better to get over with it. He didn't want to fight a pigs! He wanted to cross-swords with somebody else, this is what all this game about!

"I am ready", he add again, not sure if he support to add this sentence or not

He smirked again and walked down the hill slowly. "Lets start with this one then" He picked out an unsuspecting boar and sprinted over to it at top speed. The boar turned around squealing but it was too late, L front flipped and slashed the boar straight down the middle instantly vaporising it into millions of golden particles. "Demonstration over. If you'd like another i would be happy to oblige if not then you give it a go" 

~Attack Success! Perfect Critical! 5 damage (2 base + 1 weapon proficiency + 2 Perfect critical damage) 

~Life: 17/17

~Orhalimi: 5/5

~Wild boar Boar: 0/5 - DEAD - 25 Col obtained

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 6 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 12 on the d20 (loot) dice.

"I could do it to. I though you will give me some value information" Rowan choose a boar that was separated from the others and start walking

to him, "You know like skills, battle techniques or tips..." talking to himself more then to the NPC "I will probably learn it later. I heard there is a glowing Swords around here skills that can be use".

Then Rowan waved his sword in the air and start to run swiftly toward the boar. 

{now seriously i don't know what to do in battle. I should just roll out and write the results?}

((For now just copy and paste your dice rolls. For battle dice 6-10 is a successful hit, 9 does a bonus +1 damage, 10 +2 damage. Follow the format i used for easier understanding. You start with a base of one damage so when you attack you will do one damage unless you roll a 9 or 10. Use the dice rolls to determine how you fight. Mainly you want to be looking at the Battle dice and the Mob Dice))

"That's the way, now just let your strikes flow. Nothing else to it, it's all up your creativity"He watched the boy as he charged unsure of what to do

~Boar: 5/5 

Rowan charge at the boar and swing his sword clumsily. The boar turns toward him ready to fight, his fangs block his blows one by one
 and push him back. Then they both charge against each other and a metallic noise split the air when the beginner's sword met the boar fangs.

~Attack Failed!

~Wild boar Attack Failed!

~Wild boar Boar: 5/5

• Rolled a 5 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 5 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 8 on the d20 (loot) dice.

{its that ok?}

((Yea thats good. Have you spent your two starting skill points?))

L smiled, he was pleased with the boys performance so far. "I'll help you out a bit" He dashed in front of orahlimi and cut upwards and the boars face. It recoiled in pain falling to the floor, the level 7s blade was obviously too much for it to handle. The boars body twitched and slowly got back up unsure of what to do. 

~Attack success! Bd roll: 7+1 accuracy = 8

~Enemy attack failed! Md roll: 5-1 evasion= 4

~Orhalimi: 4/5

~Wild boar Boar: 1/5

• Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 5 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 2 on the d20 (loot) dice.

{I didn't spend any skill point, i just get in the game now I got 17 on loot dice! do i get something good?}

Rowan didn't hesitated, before the pig was able to get up he turn the sword in his hand and make a quick jump toward him then stuck the blade in

his back. The pig fail again and made a series of howls and snoring. Then he Push the blade deeper into it back until the

pig vaporizing into the air.Then a board massage appeared before him "Congratulations! You Level Up!".

{i really level up lol. btw i am level 2 right now}

~Attack success! 

~Enemy attack failed!

~Orhalimi: 4/5

~Wild boar Boar: 0/5 - Death! 

• Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 2 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 11 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 17 on the d20 (loot) dice.

((On rolls 11-18 you can choose to obtain a good item which is simply a custom made item with no extra bonuses. Or the mobs health x 5 Col. In this instance 5x5=25col. For more info click this link http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/4142-obtaining-loot-col-and-materials-guide/ ))

L smiled at the boys success. "Nice job newbie, you're on the right track. Don't forget to obtain your loot now, we wouldn't want you to leave from your battles empty handed now would we" He patted the boy on the back gently and walked past him. "Is there something else you wanted to try?"

~Orahlimi: 7/7

Seeing what appears to be two players fighting boars she walks over to them. "Do ya mind if I join you guys I would like to have a bit of fun fighting as well ~da ze!" She says holding her two-handed straight sword over her shoulder with a slight grin on her face.

(Sorry for the lateness I would have been here earlier orhali.)

{no problem its time to add a bit of humor}

"Yes please. I would like you to teach me about skills" he answer, then frown his face a bit. Not in every game the NPC call you newbie.

He then open his inventory and saw 25 col and a boar eye's, he has no idea what they are used for.

Then he turn to the other player voice. Is that...a girl?  this game is definitely the best game he played so far.

Wait...but what if its not a real girl? its could be an old man that picked a girl character! I should act cautiously.

"Sure its will be great" Rowan smile. "I'm just learning how to play from this NPC. You will probably get boring from this".

~ obtained 25 col and one met

L couldn't help but snicker again when orhalimi referred to him as an NPC. "Oh, by the way.. I'm a player. My username is Life but you can call me L. Im also second in command for the largest guild in Aincrad. You can thank me later" He turned and looked at the girl, she was also fairly new, but she was high enough to manage with the other newbie. "Why don't you guys show me your skills, in SAO you make your own. Soon you'll develop your own style that distinguishes you from the rest. My style being non at all.." He smiled sheepishly and sat under a tree. "I'll trust in your abilities, do what you please" 

((Im gonna go to bed, feel free to continue on from here without me. When I'm available ill jump back in))

Looking to Orhalimi she grins. "Well you heard what he said so lets go kill us some boars and other creatures ~da ze!" She says already seeming quite excited about the whole thing. "Before we start it would be good to introduce ourselves, The names Kirisame Marisa though you can just call me Marisa!" She says smiling proudly. "So whats your name and what do you want me to call you?"

"Ho god, could not believe though you are NPC" he murmured, his face blushed a bit as a big smile shown on his face.

He never got confuse between player and NPC before, this game is so good.

"Wa, you are not seem depressing at all! My name is Rowan Seni" he respond in friendly face "Most of people call me Rowan, you can whatever you want".

{can you describe how your character looks like?}

From far across the field, Zeke was heading towards the group. He was in the middle of thinking over whether or not he should go over to them, but his mind was leaning towards the idea for one reason. Someone he had already met was with them, or so he thought. The long blonde hair was familiar to him, the great sword she carried made it even easier to narrow the ideas of who it was. If it wasn't for Marisa perhaps being over there, he would have shied away, and kept to himself. 

Now walking up behind them, it was noticeable in the girls stance and equipment, that she was the same girl from before. It was an opportunity to sneak up on the female for revenge, but the other two guys with her might get the wrong idea. Zeke also feared doing anything to Marisa that would result in a close call with her weapon. She wasn't known for being a push over. He positioned himself near Marisa, while also giving her room to swing like crazy. With a flick of a finger, Zeke looked through his menu to equip his sword. "I don't have any fancy equipment, but I am technically a high level for these enemies. I'll help."

{She looks just like my profile picture but a bit older I guess}

"Allright Rowan lets go kill us some boar..Eh?" Hearing what sounds like someone she knows behind her she turns around and grins seeing who it is. "Zeke! It's been a bit since I last saw you! What have you been up to in this world since we last met?" She says somehow being more excited and lively than before if thats at all possible.

Zeke winced at her exclamation of his name, squinting the closest eye afterwards while he responded. "I think maybe you should focus on the enemy before you go reminiscing our time. Just because I'm here, doesn't mean I can protect you from dying that easily... But I'm glad you're still alive..." He nodded to himself, looking to the one person watching as an apparent teacher of sorts. If this was a lesson, Zeke would back off a bit and watch himself, a sword laying flat on his shoulder. "Do your best, I'll be here to keep an eye out too."