(PP-F1) Trek [Mari]

"A game is a game deary." Argumail said, in a sing songy voice," Often the best acring is done, when the actors don't know there is a stage." He look at her, as if he knew the charade. "Tell me, if two people put up a front without know the other is a facade is it really interaction? Before, we go into battle I need to who you are... I will not stand for Pouting girl... pout.. pout... cutesy. I need to know if you are a puppet or ventriloquist. I need to see the real you, so that I can plan appropriately."

Mari blinked, he completely avoided her question. Instead, he hinted that he knew of her charade. Which was a little odd, he didn't exactly seem like the type who'd notice such a thing, Mari stepped back - immediately dropping her sweet and innocent act.

"Your word play is poor, Argumail." Mari stated, voice turning sharp. "It is an interaction - it simply shows that both parties have some god damned common sense- why be all honest and up front when we tread a very dangerous line between life and death?" Mari asked with a shrug.

"Your planning is pathetic at best, you can't even handle simple terminology. A war on two fronts?" She scoffed shaking her head, "What you described is divide and conquer idiot - the term 'a war on two fronts' is where fighting takes place on two geographically separate fronts, yes - in a sense it is a means to separate an enemy, but on a grander scale than a tiny battle field on a floor."

Mari sighed, twirling a pink strand of hair around her finger, "If you did all the planning, I'd be fearful for my life." 

Mari's words were cruel and calculating, she had dropped the act completely and all the pent up frustration she had toward him was beginning to trickle out in her bile filled words. "You act tough sweetheart, and you talk big - you may outrank me in game experience and levels, but I assure you, I could dominate you in a onslaught of wit and word any day."

She gestured out beyond the town gates, "Now - if you still want to bother with this imbecilic crusade and impotent show of false valiance then be my guest - if not then let's spare us both the trouble, and part ways now." 

Argumail had willingly unleashed Pandoras box, and it wasn't going to close now.

Argumail smiled at the pathetic little girl," How pathetic, I'm not someone you would enjoying to war with. Because you give up a queen to quickly. Look here, deary never give up a facade unless your back was against the wall. So quick to pull a gambit but, not follow through on it. But you are right, about my terminology, a word... not the act. That is your probably, you fear for you life, a life that you cleary don't have. True, wits are backed, you that is why yo are not my equal. The Wolftor Pass is like a bowl, So I want you to stay out. I will enter and pull them in and you well up them out. Do worry for you life you will have back up.  This interaction, because there are no more clouds, what I see is what I get. The touch is real and the game continues. To answer your question I suck at wordplay yet, you still fell for the traps I set."

Mari crossed her arms. "Really, pathetic? Is that the best insult you got?" She shook her head in disappointment, "I guess I can't blame you, a man so poor with his words can't exactly have the intellect for a wide vocabulary." Mari linked her hands behind her back, and began to slowly step around Argumail, circling him as she spoke.

"I didn't give up a queen, If you are going to talk synonyms at least stick to the one topic, from a stage to a chess board - its as haphazard as your little brain. It's Idiotic to give up a facade only when backed up against a wall. It's wise to pick and choose, to know when you've been met, with let's say a check - if you want to keep in line with the chess reference." Mari glanced up at the sky, still circling, still weaving a cruel web of words.

"You're so far off the mark with your assessment, don't confuse fear with a will to live. ' you that is why yo are not my equal.'  Those words you speak make little sense, you should learn sentence structure," Mari sneered, Mister Argumail "   

Mari stopped in front of him, "If I were to be your equal I'd have to stoop myself to your level, I prefer not to do that." 

Argumail went on about his plan, again his failure with words made him difficult to understand, so much for being a 'strategist'

"So you want to lead them into the bowl, using yourself as some sort of..." Mari waved her hand about in the air, "...bait, and have me stand at the lip of this 'bowl'  and ...well them out? do you mean lure them out, one by one?"

Mari laughed when he said she fell for his so called trap. No traps had been set, the two were simply sick of putting on a friendly charade around each other. Mari couldn't be bothered pointing it out to him, lest he spurt out more nonsense, mindless drivel. Mari was waiting for the crap that poured from his mouth to give her an annurism from its sheer tomfoolery. 

"I swear," Mari muttered, "Every single person from your guild I have met is a pompous, arrogant misogynist."

Argumail looked at her," Misogynist?" Argumail laughed uproariously. He turned pink and he banged his fist on the table. He patted her on the back and shook her hand. "Misogynist? that is hilarious. Listen I could match you wit for wit for hours and I image you can do the same. Checks mean very little if, there is no heart in them. I must say you are very interesting to say the least. Although I don't quite understand your reason for your peaveness. I will concede to you, because I'm tired of walking around and butting heads with everyone, so [censored] my pride. Take the lead, I done all I tried to do is help you and I end up being a Misogynist. I'm will follow your command, if you are so much better."

(They are in the middle of a street I don't think there are tables, also are we allowed to swear o_o ahaha sorry for the delayed reply)

Mari crossed her arms, sighing speaking through his laughter. "Yes, you know, that whole hatred and dislike of girls thing.." The pink haired girl had to admit that Misogynist was perhaps not quite the right word to use, but any observing 3rd party would possibly label Argumail as such, since his tall form towered over the lithe girl in such a menacing manner. She stumbled forward a few steps as the taller man gave her a overambitious pat on the back, followed by a shake of her hand. 

"Did I...miss something here?" Mari asked, honestly confused at his shift in behaviour, when he mentioned that he didn't understand her reasoning behind her peeved behaviour she shrugged. "Arrogance really annoys me, and you have that in spades, and don't be daft - I don't know where this stupid little wolf bowl is."

They were on the very outskirts of town, and the two were a high enough level to make any looting on the first floor become null. 

Argumail looked at her and decide that she was one those people that were Louise called," Pissedoffs, people who were always pissed off." He laughed to him, his english was that good when he told him that, but it didn't necessarily get better either. He got up and started off walking to Wolf Bowl. He smiled as he thought of all times with Louise.

Argumail didn't acknowledge her question, at least not with words. He just shot her a dark look, before his gaze drifted elsewhere, a small smile danced upon his lips. Mari tilted her head slightly, bangs of pink hair falling in front of her eyes. Was he remembering something? someone? A joke? She knew she wasn't the cause of the smile, with the way the two fought, it was a miracle they didn't part ways here.

"So what's the deal? Why are you still going to this place with me, we clearly don't like each other."

"Oh yeah, Let's go we are both professional people. Although the actors for George and Lennie might not like each other, George has to wait to put the bullet in the back of Lennie head." Argumail said,"As I said before, we can just sit on our arses, and expect the world to change around us."  He kept moving.

Mari sighed, In a sense, he was right - Mari would rather go out and get something than do nothing. "So, which of us is George and which of us is Lennie in your little scenario then?" She asked with a wry grin. She wondered how far away from the town this supposed Wolf Bowl was, Mari had been over the majority of the First Floor, and other than a few caves, she hadn't seen much else except flat, grassy plains.

"mmm..." Mari mused, unsure if Argumail was attempting to be nice, or if he was implying she'd shoot him in the back. If by 'shot in the back' he meant decieve, she had already done that. But her trekking partner was just as guilty of wearing a guise as she was. After a long walk, Mari felt like her legs were going to fall off. She stopped talking with the man, partly due to being tired, and partly due to being annoyed she had to walk out so far.

Wouldn't it be nice if she had a car?

They reached the lip of a large crevice, peering down it, Mari had to conceed that Argumail was right about one thing. It looked like a giant bowl, and in the centre of it sat an undetermined number of wolves. "Oh, Well Whaddaya know, you're right about something."

Argumail said something, but Mari didn't hear what he said, she turned around to see a strange creature grow out from the ground, "ok What the censoredis that?" Mari cried out, almost jumping back and falling into the bowl.

Argumail caught her and laughed,"It my familiar, it life is 34 so you are going to be fine." Argumail walked down the hill and hit sword against the treasure,"Soup on!" he smiled. He wasn't what to expect. It been a long time since he hear of this quest with his friend Lennoth... Rest In Peace. He saw the wolves coming and he smiled,"I still like War on two fronts better." he whispered. 

Wolf Hoard 46/46

Alpha Wolf 78/78(Has not appeared yet)

Argumail 37/37

Cedar 34/34

Mari 15/15

Mari twisted out of Argumail's grip, "Ugh, I am fine." She hissed as she shook him off. "familiar Huh?" Mari said, approaching the strange creature which appeared to be made of wood. It had just over half her health, despite looking like it was some useless lump of wood with eyes and a bad overbite.  

"So you're just going to go down there and....what? Drive some out here?" Mari asked, but he didn't answer - he had skidded down into the  bowl, and the fray of ravenous wolves. "Guess that's a yes then, eh Mr Woody?" Mari asked, turning to Argumail's familiar.

Wolf Hoard 46/46

Argumail 37/37

Cedar 34/34

Mari 15/15

Cedar nodded his head and chirped," S.S.D.D." very dryly. Argumail was ready for the attack. One jumped on his back and tried to bite his neck but, Argumail threw him off. He laughed at the creature and he looked up at the girl and cedar. As he was saying start when every you are ready.

Wolf Hoard 46/46

Argumail 37/37
Cedar 34/34
Mari 15/15

(I have no idea what sort of damage the wolf pack is meant to do so I am going by attack/ floor and call it 1)

Mari raised her eyebrow, it seemed the wooden....creature...thing could sort of chirrup a few words? She gave it a light kick with her foot. Wondering what else it was meant to be able to do. Mari wasn't sure what he meant by her starting when she was ready; she thought he would be the one to start considering he WAS in the middle of the fray. Mari, being a performer had the ability to entice monsters toward her.

She pulled out the sphere of symphony: a light gray sphere and threw it into the air, it transformed to a simple instrument; rather than her trademark violin; a small bell. The sound drew the attention of one of the wolves; which started coming up toward her. Quickly equipping her Dagger Mari attacked.

Rolled a 2 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Sadly, her strike just missed it. 

"Dangit."

Wolf Hoard 46/46

Argumail 37/37
Cedar 34/34
Mari 15/15

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 8 on the d10 (mob) dice.
Rolled a 8 on the d12 (craft) dice.
Rolled a 8 on the d20 (loot) dice.

"You play the violin, so do I ." He ran into battle and cut down a wolf,"Archery, class in this game that would be helpful." He ran and jmped on to the treasure and slammed them. 

Cedar looked at the girl and drew his weapons, he looked down the hill and pointed them at the wolves.

Wolf Hoard 42/46

Argumail 36/37
Cedar 34/34
Mari 15/15

((There is no possible way Argumail would know Mari plays the violin. Please edit to reflect that: how are you not hurt from the wolf hoard?))

Mari sighed, noting that she wasn't getting all too far with the wolf hoard. She was begining to regret the decision on going out on a quest with him. She and Argumail continually seemed to bump heads. They didn't know how to read each other; and both communicated poorly with one another. Mari felt frustrated that the strange lump of wood tried to point toward the wolf hoard; acting as though she didn't know what to do. Mari tried hard not to kick it.

Turning back to the pack of wolves Mari noticed that one tried to attack her.

•  
  •  

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (mob) dice.
-1 HP

The wolf bit into Mari's arm; Mari gave a yelp and kicked it off, retaliating. 

Rolled a 4 on the d10 (battle) dice 
-MISS

Mari cursed her luck, it seemed that she just wasn't able to land a hit on these things.

Wolf Hoard 42/46

Argumail 37/37
Cedar 34/34
Mari 16/17

((He can hear her play. Echoing of acoustics... I will fix it in a moment.))

Rolled a 1 on the d10 (battle) dice.
Rolled a 10 on the d10 (mob) dice.
Rolled a 4 on the d12 (craft) dice.
Rolled a 9 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Cedar rolled her attacking it like her tank. He was hit a couple of times, he stumbled back a little he motion for her to move behind him.

Argumail was getting attacked from every direction, his play was failing and he smiled. "The girl was right." He slammed his sword on a empty space. The wolf jumped on his black and ripped him up. He screamed in pain and flung the wolf off. "I really like that girl, she is really genuine, no one had the balls to say that to my face." He laughed as he coughed up blood.

Wolf Hoard 42/46

Argumail 32/37
Cedar 30/34
Mari 16/17

• 3 weeks later...

((Since this thread has been AWOL from the start and constant rule breaking from one party I've been given permission to leave the battle and end this: Mari was only level 2 when she entered this battle so I am quickly going to RP it that way))

Mari could see that this battle was quickly going downhill, if he was struggling, she had no hope - Mari had begun to assume that the man lead her out here to die; he wanted to use her as nothing more than bait to distract the wolves whilst he went and grabbed the loot. Well she wasn't going to have any part of it.  "You're on your own, censored wad!"   Mari called out as she backed away from the bowl. She was able to leave as she wasn't the one engaged in comabt; the entirety of the wolf pack remained in the 'bowl' as she backed away and headed back into town.

Argumail; leader of the Crimson Inquisition. He was one person she felt she would never, ever get along with. 

COMPLETE

Mari: 200 Col + 1 SP
Argumail: 200 Col + 1 SP