[PP-F2] Curses! (PM for invite) [Mari]

L felt rather strange after leaving from town the witch was staying in. He was headed up to floor 9 to visit Alkor when suddenly the lights went out. "[censored] [censored] [censored] what happened" He wandered around aimlessly trying to find something to hold. The last thing he saw was a tree just outside the entrance of the town in floor two, he gripped onto it and held his head tight. He was fairly sure his eyes where open and if not then why couldn't he open them? He cursed the witch that cursed her, he didn't even know if he got the riddles right or wrong, he did have an unread message but didn't check it and now he was completely blind. 

Mari, having finally gotten over her cursed ordeal; was relieved. Very, very relieved. She was heading to a higher floor to meet with a friend; When she noticed him. Life, who was walking straight toward a- OOPS!

Straight INTO a tree. Mari cracked up laughing as she approached him, giving him a slap on the back.

"Guess it's bark was worse than its bite, eh?"

L recognised the voice, it was rather familiar. "Is that you Mari" He waved his arm around to see if he could find her, he never thought he'd be so glad to hear her voice all the way out here. He struggled to see if she was in fact anywhere near him however where his hand landed wasn't in a very appropriate place.

*Squish*

L was rather confused but the feel was nothing like he had ever felt before "So soft.. yet so firm. What is this?" He continued to feel as his other hand worked his way up feeling the facial features of her "Uh..? A nose? Wait..

Mari tilted her head, "Who else would I be, genius?" She crossed her arms, wondering just what exactly it was he was doing, "You hit your head pretty hard there, did you loose some brain cells in the pro-" 

Mari paused as Life reached out to clasp his hands firmly over her chest. 

*Squish*

"What the actual censored you  censored   censored   censored   censored   censored  !!" Mari screamed as she grabbed hold of his hand and twisted it downward, her other hand slapping him hard across the face.

"Are you censored blind!?"

L wasn't too sure what just happened apart from the fact he was beaten to a pulp by a flurry of incoherent swears and had his arm twisted violently just before he was slapped so hard across the face he couldn't even tell which way was up. He collapsed too the floor just so that he was directly under her legs facing upwards as she yelled "Are you censored blind!?" He groaned and rubbed his cheek "I can't see a thing! I swear!" He spoke shakily and in a rush putting his hands up to try and cover his face from anymore attacks accidentally touching her in yet another inappropriate spot. Being 6"2 had its downsides "Soft and.. smooth..?" 

Mari huffed, "Really? Beca-"

She stopped mid sentence as Life's fingers grazed her inner thigh. "You're pushing your censored luck, kid." Mari hissed as she grabbed a hand and twisted it hard back against him. Leaning down next to him Mari growled. "If you can't see a censored thing them maybe you should use that censored brain of yours and think to keep your hands to yourself. Or I may just take advantage of that and send you over the edge of Aincad." Mari hissed darkly.

L was rather distraught, he didn't know what to do. He just laid there on the floor and took it "I don't know what's going on i swear! I literally don't even know where i am right now!" He used his free arm to cover his head. There was a clear look of distress and anguish on his face. He finally got to touch a girl and couldn't even see it, but in all seriousness he had to find a way to lift the curse. "I think the witch cursed me! You have to believe me..." His voice became strained and broken, he was probably scared of Mari more than anything else, not even the snow beast.

Mari grinned as Life flailed beneath her on the floor, Mari leant down so her face was inches above his, "You don't know where you are?" She asked in a vicious tone. "You're below a very. Very. VERY. Unhappy Mari." Mari brushed the hair out of his distraught face. "A witches curse, really now - how am I possibly supposed to believe such a thing?" 

By now, her tone had ligthened. Mari guessed it was something like that; and she couldn't very well deny that was the truth - after all she just spent a very, very scary morning as a frog. Something she wouldn't tell anyone if she could get away with it. "Suppose I do believe you, Little Life." Mari began, "Just how would my little blackbird break his curse?" Mari was enjoying herself. To her this was a sort of harmless fun.

So it was Mari, he recognised her voice, the same angelic one that could sing a symphony and make the heavens weep was hissing dark words in his ears. "You sound like you're enjoying yourself" He said in a pained voice. How would he lift the curse? He had no clue. "I don't know how i'll get rid of this thing.. all i know is i have one unread message in my inbox and nothing but darkness to read it with" He tried to look up at Maris face, he was probably looking at a tree instead or something, he still had no sense of direction at this point, his life was in Maris hands.

Mari laughed, "Oh, I am enjoying myself." She gave his cheek a few pats. Dragging his body up so his head was resting in her lap. "Poor Little Life doesn't even know how lucky he is." Mari crooned as she ran her fingers deftly through his dark hair. "Living in a world shrouded in darkness - how will little life cope?" Mari teased, "Can't even read a simple message - what ever shall he do?" 

He felt like yelling into a pillow like he usually did back at home when he was stressed. There where most likely instructions or details about his curse in the message and had no idea how he was going to life the curse. Mari admitted to enjoying herself and began to toy with him, it felt good to have his hair played with but his pride was more than damage at this point. "Not very lucky at all... stupid riddles" He began to think of all the repercussions and effects being blind would have on his future, all his dreams would be shattered. A single tear rolled down the side of his right cheek as he tried to cover his face with his forearm. "it's windy isn't it"

Mari hummed to herself for a few minutes before finally talking. "I suppose if you bought up your message I could read it for you - and aren't you lucky I'll only charge you 200 Col for such a premium and high quality service."  

Mari stopped stroking his hair for a moment, "Of course - I could always just leave you here; I'm sure someone else would be happy to help you - and I'm sure you won't accidentally wander into a random mob." Mari laughed, shifting his forearm away from his head, wiping the tear away with her thumb. "I think the excuse here is meant to be 'is it raining' ?"  

He sighed shakily and gulped "Ok... but please don't do anything else... I don't normally trust a lot of people.." He raised his hand carefully and let it dangle in the air. He had heard of people doing this before while people slept to make them accept duels to the death. If Mari wished, she could have him dead. "I don't think i can do this on my own" He bit his lip and turned his head down resting his cheek on her knee "The wind blew something in my eye is all i meant" His response was almost like a pout, it was an obviously lie but he needed to keep some pride left in tact. He wondered what the witch would have in store for him, the message might not even be from the witch herself. 

Mari pressed her finger to his lip. "Shhhhh, lil' ol me wouldn' do anything bad now, right?"

She grabbed his hand as it dangled in the air, using it to open his HUD. "Let's see now.." Mari purred. Of course, she wouldn't do anything to cause Life any physical harm. Still seeing him like this; it was funny to her. Maybe Mari was feeling especially spiteful that day because she had such a hard time with her own curse. She wished she had something as simple as blindness. She opened up his messages, and began to read aloud;

Looks like you have been cursed by me!
You are blind and cannot see!

To turn to light that which is dark;
on a quest you must embark

Find a fountain frozen in ice;
and knock upon it no more than thrice

Then a magical apple will appear;
you must cry on it, just a single tear

For such an emotion – all so true;
will bring your sight – back to you.

"Well ain't that the biggest load of sh*t I have ever seen."  Mari muttered, letting go of his hand. "Guess you're gonna be blind for...LIFE!" Mari laughed at her joke, despite it not being the least bit funny.

L frowned, he didn't know what it meant at all. "A frozen lake? Apples? Tears?" He sighed in frustration "Don't tell me I have to walk there..." Though he tried to pretend he didn't know what he meant, he just didn't want to accept the truth. Why out of all people, did this have to happen to him, if it wasn't fixed soon, he wouldn't be able to participate in the hydra fight. "Please Mari, you have to help me.." He gripped her shoulder tightly, he didn't want to live blind for the rest of his life. 

"Well how else ya gonna get there? Fly?" Mari laughed, "Or perhaps I should just call a cab. Oh look there's one right there. "Mari said as she pointed to the tree Life had walked into. "Oh wait, you can't see, hahheheheh..."

Mari brushed his fringe out from his face, resting a hand softly against his forehead as she spoke in a soft voice. "Oh Life, I said I'd help...you'd just have to pay me."  Mari leaned forward so her hair was tickling the skin of his cheeks, any onlooker would assume it was some sort of romantic affair; too bad that wasn't the case. 

"Guess we are going on an adventure to the fourth floor, hmm?"

He couldn't help but think how screwed he was. "I don't care about Col! i just want my eyesight back!" He got up and began to walk forward and away from Mari, he didn't have time to play around, he could hear voices chatting in the village and tried to make his way towards it eventually bumping into the gate. He fell back on his ass and cursed so loud people could hear him from floor 1 and 3. He punched the ground repeatedly until his knuckles began to bleed, he didn't have time to be fooling around aimlessly looking for some stupid apple. 

Mari sighed as she watched him walk away, silently following him - stiffling a laugh as he fell back down onto his cossack bone, before falling forward onto his hands, screaming and cursing. Once he finished Mari grabbed him by the cuff of shirt and started to drag him behind her.

"My, My...such a rush, eh Life~" She sang in an amused voice, "Don't worry, we'll get there before you can say...." She paused, as she heaved his body forward onto the teleport pad. "Floor 4!" She waved goodbye to him, despite him not being able to see, as she watched him disappear - she would follow soon after.

"Poor Life....Poor, Poor Life..."

He flailed his arms as she dragged him around cursing at her "Let me go you devil woman! I don't have time for this! Let me go!" With that everything was cold. Cold and dark like the true depths of hell, a ghost in the night is all he could visualise, the wind howling at him. What was he to do here, was a useless bag of crap without his sight especially in open areas. He tried to get his footing or find a path, he ended up just falling over face first into the snow. "I accept my fate.. i die here" He felt every ounce of will leave his body as he just laid there flat in the snow. 

Mari was hot on Life's tail, warping to the third floor soon after, as she stepped off of the teleport pad she gave a sigh. He was sitting there, in the fetal position in the snow. "Frozen Fountain Life. What has frozen stuff?" Mari knelt down, flicking him in the forehead. "If I am such a devil women then perhaps I should just leave you here. Geez - I never knew you had this side to you."

Mari rolled him over and pulled him up to a seated position, lightly brushing the snow from him. "If you're so willing to die; don't drag me down with you. Geez."