[PP-F2] Curses! (PM for invite) [Mari]

L normally behaved like this when he felt he had no hope, it was a childish side of him. "Your condescending comments are always welcomed in my dire situations, thank you" He pulled himself up again and tried to walk in a straight line, he ended up walking circles around Mari instead of actually getting anywhere. "Making progress already, i haven't fell over yet" He had a determined look on his face and continued walking around in circles, he still had his pride left, no matter how broken. 

Mari grinned, placing her hands on her hips. "You're welcome, dearest Life~" She had to stifle a laugh as she watched him walk in lopsided circles around her. She wasn't sure if that was his intention or not, but whatever the case - it was funny. "Well, if you're making so much progress perhaps I should just leave you here." Mari joked.

Before Life could delve into another bout of self pity Mari placed her hand on the mid of his back, guiding him toward the starting town. "C'mon let's go, I think there is a frozen fountain in town."

He pouted, he didn't like this one bit but he had to work with her if he wanted his eyesight back. He felt the gentle touch of her hand pushing him against his stride, he was walking in circles but she wouldn't tell him that. He smiled crookedly, deep down she was really a nice person, it was a shame she wouldn't show it. "A frozen fountain eh? Don't think i've seen one of them before" He soon frowned realising he wouldn't be able to see it either way, he imagined it would be something of a splendour. They continued through the snow until they arrived at the fountain, he felt around and bumped into the fountain falling on his behind again "Merh..." he mumbled to himself as he pulled himself back up, he still wasn't getting used to his blindness and he didn't think he ever would. "What now..?" He looked over to where he thought Mari was however it turned out he was looking in the complete opposite direction of her.

Mari laughed, continuing to carefully guide him through the village, one slow player stood in their way and Mari unceremoniously pushed them out of the way. She shot the player a threatening glare, and the player scampered off. "Yeh, too bad you probably won't see this one either." Mari said in a jesting tone, prodding him in his rib.

Life and Mari managed to reach the fountain however Life, being a tad too willing to cure himself of is ailment, bumped right into the fountain. Mari, in an un-Mari-like fashion was actually nimble managed to guide Life's fall, so he wouldn't fall head first into the frozen water. He landed with a soft 'thump' in the snow. grumbling he cleaned himself off, asking her what to do now.

"Yo..." Mari tapped his shoulder so he would look in the right direction. "Really? You don't know what to do... remember what the message said? 'Find a fountain frozen in ice; knock upon it no more than thrice...." Mari sighed, "Geez... did you loose your capability to remember things, as well as your sight? Here." 

Mari grabbed Life's hand and guided it so it was hovering over the fountain. "Knock here." 

Another quip but he just nodded he wasn't in a position to talk back to her. He felt her warm touch and smiled knocking on the fountain and knocked gently on it three times in a slow succession trying not to miss. "I feel so stupid doing this.." He bit the bottom of his lip, it was rather embarrassing when he thought about it. "So apparently an apple is supposed to appear? Wonderfully considered by the hag, i cant see a darn thing!" He was frustrated, but mostly because of the next part of the riddle, he wasn't the type to cry and when he did it was barely a single drop. He waited patiently for Maris guidance, he couldn't do it alone. 

"You look pretty stupid doing this too."

Miari watched as the entire fountain shattered, it was actually quite a pretty sight. The glistening fragments reflected the soft sunlight and danced downward before disappearing as they hit the ground. Mari had to wonder if the quest was the same for all the players who were cursed with blindness, or if it differed from person to person. This seemed like a really odd quest to do whilst blind...what if Mari wasn't there?  Where the centre of the fountain once stood,a glass apple floated in mid air. Mari tried to grab it for Life, but her hand went straight through it. "Well. I guess it's a ghost apple for me..." Mari mumbled.

"Here, stop being a whiny b**ch." She gruffly grabbed hold of his wrists and guided his hands so his fingers grazed the apple.

"If you want, I could kick you in the balls."

Oh held onto his gentiles with one hand reached for the apple with another "I don't think that would fulfil the requirements for the riddle.." He mumbled hoping she wouldn't try anything while he was drunk. After 13 attempts of swinging for the apple he finally got a hold of it and *humphed* with satisfaction, he wasn't quite sure how he was going to do it but he had to try "Tell me something really sad" He turned looking at the wrong side of his body to face Mari again. "I was thinking that maybe if you told me something sad i might cry?" He screwed his face, he wasn't sure how he was going to cry, he didn't want to either, he hadn't cried in a long time well at least.. not for real. 

Mari shrugged, "Suit yourself."  Of course, she never would actually do that to Life, but she wanted to tease him, he seemed extra vulnerable today; probably because he was blind. Mari watched as he, despite being guided right to the apple kept swinging and missing. His hands always just grazing the top or just missing it, a few times he had missed completely and nearly struck Mari in the head. 

"Something sad?"  Mari shifted, so she was in front of Life; this time not bothering to atttempt to correct him. "Well, I'd say look in a mirror, but you can't really see that now huh?" Mari said with a laugh. Life just gave her a pout and Mari sighed. "Ok...something sad..."

She thought about her daughter, and how she was taken away from her. The songs she used to sing, the little beanies she's crochet. Mari gave Life a sad smile, as she turned her eyes away. "You know...I am not very good at knitting, or crocheting- but I picked it up, to make clothes for her . My hands were so sore, I had poked needles through them countless times.. finally, after so long...I had done it. I made something. And I was so incredibly proud of myself." Mari's words were soft spoken, and clearly heartfelt. "She wore it all the time, now, it's all I have - I sleep with it next to me on my pillow, because it's scent reminds me of her."

L knew he wasn't going to cry from her story, but he tried anyway. He managed a small forced tear but nothing happened. It had to be from true feelings or it was useless. He grumbled under his breathe, he needed his eyesight back. He tried to think of something that would make him cry and searched his memories and at that moment it hit him. It shattered his mind like a hammer on glass which was then melted and left to harden as a messy pile of nothing."No..." It was a memory from when he first joined, his friend... who jumped off the edge of Aincrad. It was a haunting memory but he was just one of the hundreds of suicides. It was an unbearable memory so painful he didn't even realise he was crying until his eyes turned their attention downwards, noticing his tears dripping like light rain on a november morning. He had stood shocked, paralysed at the haunting memory not noticing he was hurting, he couldn't even speak. He was even too shocked to realise his eyesight was back.

Mari guessed he wasn't going to cry from her story, it didn't make much sense out of context - if anything she sounded like a crazy old lady. He seemed to make a frustrated face, then a grunting noise, "All good there blackbird?" Mari asked, crossing her arms as she waited. A few minutes passed before Life's face changed, contorting into one of pain, and worry. Mari slowly unfurled her hands, reaching out to see if he was ok. She was legitimately worried. It was very rare for him to show any sort of emotion, his tears started slowly, but began to fall freely - one hit the apple which shattered much like the fountain. 

Mari watched as its shards seemed to penetrate his eyes. She gave a small gasp, didn't that hurt!?

"Life!?" Mari reached out, placing her hands on his shoulders. "Doesn't that hurt!?" 

He shook his head in disbelief closing his eyes and fell backwards onto the floor as the strength escaped from his legs. He shut his eyes and opened them like he had a bad dream and looked over at mari, he was sweating pretty badly. He took a deep breathe and wiped his face, he was was a mess. "Im ok.. thanks.." His hands where shaking and his voice was choked. He really had forgotten that memory.. and all the times he had shared with him.. just to watch him jump off the first floor... it was devastating. "I can see again..." but those words had two meanings. He could see his past, and his present. However it was just the surface, he still had a plethora of suppressed memories which often came to him in blood visions, but those would never be faced.. how could he face himself, his past, after what happened. 

"You're utterly useless." Mari muttered as she watched him fall over, "I guess only partially useless now, if you can see again." Mari added as she left Life for a moment, grabbing a pile of snow in her hands, she squeezed it into a lopsided snowball. Mari gave a frustrated sigh as she crouched down next to Life, shoving the snowball against his head. "Hurry the censored up and get back to the Life I know, insulting you right now is too easy, and it's getting boring." 

He cleared his throat and got up like he was brushing dirt off of him. "Yeah.. right. Im ok now" He turned around for a second and wiped his face clean looking back and her with a raised eyebrow and a sheepish grin "Aww where you worried?" Before she even had a chance to respond he threw her a bag with 200 Col inside it. "Don't really need Col that much but that's all you're getting" He rubbed his eye lids like he was polishing the fine red gleam to them and yawned "This whole thing has gotten boring anyway, see ya Mari" He gave her a wink and walked off hoping he didn't give away too much of his emotions away, his voice was slightly shaking and the his confidence was over compensated but he desperately grasped onto what little pride and dignity he had left. He rubbed the back of his head and looked down shaking it slowly as he walked, why had such a painful memory needed to have surfaced.