[PP-F1] So what now? (Kiru)

Tristan relaxed on the fields, looking at the sky. Some would think he were sleeping if it weren't for that his eyes were open, though that wasn't noticeable from a distance.

Tristan thought about his past rendezvous with Kiru. He had been punched, kicked, blushed at and hugged. He wasn't really sure what to make of it. Did she like him, or not?

Tristan sighed, staring at the virtual clouds.

My hand reluctantly pushed open the door to the Inn. The streets were annoyingly crowded as usual, filled with people doing repetitive tasks. I pushed through the players around me to the field, a place where I could think about last night. Just thinking about it made my face turn red. For once since I came into this virtual world I actually spoke with someone while being only semi-sarcastic. I couldn't describe it but the new feelings forming inside made me mad. I kicked at the grass forcefully as I walked through the almost empty field. There was yet another idiot laying on the grass, just waiting to be "killed." This of course reminded me of when and where I had first met Ryuu, walking by him as he lied on the grass. From this distance I couldn't really tell if he was sleeping or not; he wasn't moving. I decided just to walked in a straight line and ignore him, I had a lot on my mind anyways. 

Tristan heard the ruffling of grass as he laid on the field, looking around to see the origin of it. Speak of the devil. There she was, her white and black hair waving slightly in the breeze. Her face was cute too, the facial expression that was always so honest, yet somehow did not wear her out.

He thought about the various actions he could take, but decided to play it safe for now. He spoke gently, but enough to be heard. He was still lying on the grass, but his red hair was visible as he laid on his stomach, his arms supporting his upper body up to face her. "Hello Kiru."

(OOC- I'm going to try to sound like a human lol)

Upon hearing my name I ignored it until out of the corner of my eye, I saw a flash of red. Hi. I muttered without thinking or paying attention to what I was doing. It took me a second to realize that I had just spoken, to myself maybe? Confused at what I just did, I looked over to where the greeting was and froze. Tristan? Why is he always around me no matter where I go? I wonder what he is thinking, about last night maybe? I thought and started to turn away. Little did I realize that I was stepping on my own boot. Because of my absent mind today I fell straight on my face...again...in front of Tristan. It was almost becoming a habit of mine to trip when I was even five thousand feet from him. I flipped over on my back and closed my eyes, trying to make it look like I meant to fall. Pretend to be dead, you practically are anyways...I told myself and peeked over to where he was, hopefully he wouldn't come over here.

(OOC- Did that even make sense...?)

(Yes it did, no worries)

Tristan chuckled to himself when she tripped on her boot...again. Was she practised at being clumsy? Maybe a -1 in Acrobatics? Well theory crafting aside, Tristan went over the small distance where she was, lying next to where she fell and laid.

"Playing dead won't get you any faster on your feet. Well, I suppose it would trick boars into not attacking you, but boars on this level must be pretty irrelevant to you right now."

It was interesting remarking their statistical difference. Before, Kiru could have killed him with ease. Now? Well considering all he had built in tanking, only dps heavy powerful players like Celes, Zelrius (him especially) and such posed a threat at his current state. And who knows, as it goes on, he may become one of the hardest rocks in this game.

"So what brings you to the same field I am having idle thought at?"

(I'm still a good 24 levels above you XD) 

Frustrated, I say up and faced him. Right now I had the same look and thoughts as when I first met him, annoyed. It was almost like meeting him all over again in a way. Tristan did look any different than he did yesterday, neither did I though. I didn't like to change the way I looked very often, people wouldn't fear me if they didn't recognize me. 

I wasn't playing dead. You can't die anyways so that would be utterly stupid to think that. Besides, boars are stupid, low level creatures that I could kill any day. This is floor one after all, anything would be easy here. Maybe not for you though, your still quite a few levels below me still....What level are you anyways? This was probably the longest sentence I had said to him, even when I was insulting him I didn't talk this long. I was at this field first before you waltzed around and tripped me for no good reason, it's you who should be explaining, not me. I said and stood up, looking over the hills. There weren't many boars grazing because of the high levels players like myself that messed around with them and like to kill them for fun. Not even for the stats. 

(Tristan tanks like a pro with his dmg mit, blocking and healing though, not to mention the fire thorns from having Twinfire Reflector :P)

Tristan chuckled at the clearly frustrated Kiru. Was she pouting or something? He wasn't quite sure. "Well I did say they were irrelevant. Maybe you should clean your ears." He said in jest.

It was interesting to hear about the level. "Well I am only soon level 11, but my statistics mean most enemies can barely hurt me. I plan with future skill points to skill even more into damage mitigation and battle healing. I'm pretty much absorbing all the damage these days in fights, thought my shield means even hitting me hurts. I have been very careful how to build myself after all~" He said with a chuckle.

"So how are you anyway? I haven't seen you since that night. You left with a mix of things, which makes it difficult to tell what you're trying to say." He said with a silly grin.

Well your rather sassy today, maybe you should have that attitude of yours checked out. First you trip me now you telling me that I'm not perfect? My, my, what a mess you are today. I retorted back to Tristan, he was totally comfortable around me now and I didn't know why. Level eleven eh? I snickered and again looked across the hills. The boars were still milling around, as programmed to do. Disgusted creatures they were, always following a set path. Why so content on defending yourself? You could be on the offense and get a lot more done. The last question was one I didn't even know the answer to, that's what I was thinking of before. 

Tristan chuckled, finding the ease between the two of the banter much calming. It was something where they knew they could throw these kinds of things at each other and that there were no hard feelings to be had. Well, for him it was at least.

When she raised the questions of his motivations, he recollected his crushing defeat against Firebrand and when he fought the Gemini and his own shadows in quests.

"I realised when I fought myself, literally mind you, that I wanted to protect people. I wanted to help them, to keep people safe. So, I decided I would take on the burden of taking the damage that others cannot bear. It's not the easiest route, as you so point out, but when it comes to harder enemies or bosses, it will be what keeps people alive."

I sighed and rolled my eyes, bored by this conversation, it wasn't going anywhere interesting. Besides, there was no point for me to be speaking in such a manner after last night. He probably already guessed something was up. What's the point in keeping everyone alive if they aren't going to die in the first place? I asked. Surely he knew by now my point of view of what Aincrad was. No one could die in this game. Want me to prove it to you right now? I could "kill" myself or someone and see them on the other side if you want...but then of course I wouldn't see this world again. I was pretty sure I already knew his answer, also I was sure I strayed from the topic.

Tristan raised an eyebrow at Kiru. Was she drunk when Kayaba Akihito explained to them that death was real to the game?

"Umm, you do realise dying in the game kills you right? There is a large energy cell inside your nervegear, which is what people think is used for when dying in the game you die for reality too, because the nervegear shuts down your brain. Do you not remember when Kayaba Akihito showed the news posts relating to the matter?"

He wasn't quite sure what had happened to their sense of reasoning. Was it maybe a coping mechanism, something they told themselves so that they didn't feel guilt for killing?

I held up two hands, as if I were surrendering. No need to become all defensive. Ha, get it? I was there of course but he could have easily made news articles just for this purpose.To scare us maybe? I don't know. Maybe you should ask him yourself. I said, turning away from him. This was different from what I expected from him. I don't need to hear this from you... I muttered low enough to where he couldn't hear me. 

Tristan sighed. It was always confused him when people thought he was getting worked up, when he had a calm voice the entire time.

"I think everyone wants to talk to him and find out, but I suppose we won't find that out until we clear the game." He chuckled darkly. Her logic was sound, but somehow he felt it was still too far fetched. Well, it seemed pointless to argue anyway.

"Well regardless if they really do die for real or not, you could say the feeling stands." He shuffled over behind her and gave her a hug from behind her. He noticed she was wearing the pendant he had given her, the Hoya of Minos. "I mean, don't you want me to protect you?"

I just want to smack the old man and give him a lecture about how many stupid people he trapped in this game. Also, he could have made it a little more modern...ah well what's the point? It's Sword Art Online after all...I sighed, surprised at myself for dismissing a thought so easily. I guess for the pass few days my personality has been shifting ever so slightly. I felt something from behind me, a hug. Instantly my cheeks filled red and I stood still. I turned around when he spoke. No, I can protect myself. I don't need anyone to watch over me. I stared at him with a mangled look on my face, I couldn't convey anything or else everything (The wall XD) would be lost...

"Are you so sure about that? Because its very likely I can shrug off damage far easier than you. Well, I suppose you could say I'm like punching a hedgehog...Made out of steel...who's spikes are on fire because of my Fire Thorns..." Tristan lost his train of thought, though he was still hugging Kiru around their waist. The sharing of body warmth was pleasant.

Tristan chuckled. "Well silliness aside, you may do well on your own, but together we would manage even more." He said with a gentle smile.

I moved out of the hug and held him hands in mine. Yes, I'm quite sure I don't need anyone's help, especially not yours. And by a headgehog? I don't think that sounded correct...Anyways, before I agree to spending actual time with you away from battle I would like to take a quest with you. Do you know any quests with high level monsters? Maybe high loots? I asked, becoming lost in my own thoughts of what I could obtain. 

As Tristan spoke I narrowed my eyes and tried to decipher what he was saying. This of course didn't work because I didn't know what he was saying. I have absolutely no idea what any of that meant. And what do you mean by "skill points?" I'm quite intrigued by you knowledge of quests...I said, trying to remember if I had seen any of the aforementioned quests. My eyes sparked open and I smiled. I've heard of the Sank Shark one, but I didn't know there were any good rewards for it. Besides, its a shark. A shark. I have nothing against sharks but if this is Sword Art Online where did the sharks come in? The request board grew everyday but I didn't really make any efforts to keep up with it. Surely if there was a good mission, everyone would be talking about it by now. 

Tristan raised an eyebrow again and laughed. "The moment we stepped into a virtual man made world where the only limit is what the developers choose. And you use your skill points to level up your skills in your menu. You know, those skills that you stronger." He stuck out a tongue in silliness.

"Well in that case let's do the Sand Shark one, which should be easy enough for us to manage!"

OH! So that's what those are?! I thought they magically just appeared when you completed a quest or something....Anyways, how exactly does one actually "spend" these "skill points?" I inquired, dropping all sarcasm and now interested with becoming stronger. I had no idea you could gain levels and such with weapons by gaining skill points. Right, you choose the only one I don't want to do..