(OP-F3) The Iron Breathes

(Mari has 2 evasion so a roll of 7 will miss- also familiars are not allowed at the moment so I am going by your health before the familiar came out)

Argumail screamed, but Mari took no pleasure in it. She took no joy in his pain, unlike him. No - she was simply doing what had to be done, with a stoic face she went to strike him again, but he seemed to pull her into an odd embrace, and that caused her to miss her attack on him as the hug and completely caught her off guard.  Mari pushed him back, and as the two pushed each other back Argumail tried to strike at her, but it was a messy strike, and all she had to do was duck for it to miss. Reaching into her items to eat some candy from her candy bag. Increasing her luck and rolls. She chewed silently on the sweet tasting sugar treats - there were no more words to be said to Argumail. His face, he knew he was going to die here. And so he should, he should reflect on what he had done, and how his careless actions lead to this.

If Mari hadn't stepped in it may be a different story, Argumail attempted to prey on a player who he assumed was weaker than him. 

Today, that backfired.

Mari glanced to the side, noticing that Celes had attempted to stand by her side.

"I said you've done enough." Mari's tone was cold, but she meant well - she didn't want to watch Celes attempt to battle and hurt herself. She was clearly capable of physically taking on Argumail, but mentally? No. No one was mentally prepared for this.

"Leave Celes - go comfort that other player." 

Argumail 16/39
Mari 30/30

Candy Bag: +1 to all dice rolls for next 2 posts 2/2 posts

Battle Roll 2 +2 Accuracy MISS

Perma Roller ID #2181

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Celes looked at Mari, heard her words "I dont want to kill him, but, Why can't I defend you both? why cant i... be strong too?" She stood, taking a stance next to mari. She wouldnt interfere, btu she would take dany damage that came her way. She wasnt going to let this noble woman take damage for her. She may be orange but she was as far from a PK-er than she had ever thought possible.

Unyie noticed Celes flagging her to come in. 'Celes needs, help... but i... noo... I will help her' Unyie Ran down the field hoping to be of some use, she equipped her battle weapon, but hopping it would be of some use in case she had to fight. She tackled the Celes and and started apologizing. "I sorry, i got you into this mess  Celes-sempai, Im sorry i was not more careful and responsible. Im sorry you could have died... Im a horrible person... my 1 true friend could of died and their was nothing i could do T-T" She was balling her eyes out in celes so happy and upset.

Celes looked at little Unyie, clinging to her leg "Unyie, unyie no, you cant be here, youll get hurt!" She put her spear away and picked up Unyie, carrying her aside, as one would a child. "Come now, i'll stay out of the fight, but come here, you need to be safe, little one"  Before she walked off she looked at mari "For the sake of the other players, give him hell"

Kazuya saw what was going on. All the players were against his guild leader. Oh God! What did he do? I know he can be a problem, but this is too much! He sprinted towards the battle. He knew that he wouldn't pick sides as he didn't know what caused this outbreak, but he knew he would have to end it. He would attack both sides. He had to subdue the entire group.

Kazuya drew his black blade and ran toward Mari, who had full HP. "Stop it everyone!" he screamed. He knew from previous experience that it wouldn't do much, but he hoped it would give her and Arga (indirectly) a wake-up slap. He wasn't about to sit around and watch two people fight to the death like this. He guided his blade past Mari's face and made sure that he ended his maneuver with him between the two. Though his level and gear probably wasn't up to par with the two, at least he could give Arga sometime to get a hold of himself while they used him as a punching bag, instead of each other.

[Roll ID:2196; BD: 4+2 Accuracy -2 Evasion, MISS]

Kazuya 23/23

Argumail 16/39

Mari 30/30

"I dont want you to get hurt sempai... and i just stand around and do nothing." Unyie never has had the desire to help people like she did before. However, she did know she would not be any help. Her damage was too low, and so was her HP. If he suddently attacked her, she could die. As Celes set her down she hugged her one more time, "please Celes-sempai.. dont die on me"

"I wont die, i promise." this time she rushed forward, spear at the ready ( 2183, 6) she sliced at him (dmg 8-3=5) and stepped back. "You have hurt those i care for! that is something I will not allow!" She knew she had called for backup, so it was only a matter of time...

Argumail 11/39
Mari 30/30

Celesmeh 29/29

Zero had received a message from Celesmesh requesting for help, she said that something had happened and needed him to help her as quickly as he could. He made his way to the floor his guildmate was found on, and when he reached her location he saw why he had been called by her. The sight before him was a strange one, Argumail was fighting Mari, who had become an Orange Player to his surprise; Celes was also engaged in combat with Argumail as another player seemed to be protected by her, and finally Kazuya, a member of Argumail's guild was heading towards the fight, to assist his guild leader Zero assumed.

He unsheathed his swords, quickly dashing into Kazuya's path, and grinned as he placed the back of the blade on his left hand against his right hip, the one in his right hand against the center of his back, and held the one in his mouth tightly. A second later he slashed with all three blades simultaneously, and a gust of wind shook the tent and slashed both Kazuya and Argumail.

(Sword Skill used: Dragon Twister cooldown 7 turns, AOE attack that inflicts knockback effect, skipping their turn, and bleeding -1 for 3 turns)

[iD 2197, BD 4+2= 6]

Argumail 8/39 -1 HP Bleed for 3/3 turns

Mari 30/30

Celesmeh 29/29

Kazuya 19/23 -1 HP Bleed for 3/3 turns

Zero 29/29

Kazuya jumped in and struck for Mari, but his blade met with an evil crimson color instead. Sparks flew from between the two figures, one an ominous, inky black.

"Didn't anyone teach you... not to interrupt someone else's fight?" His red name flickered above his head. Alkor. He had seen Mari's status flickering under attack in his HUD while looking at the friends list, and tracked her to this spot.

When he'd seen Kazuya attempting to blind side her, he felt that he had to make this fight a little more interesting.

Golden eyes flashed with purpose as he swung out for Kazuya with deadly precision. His strike found home on the other player's chest, leaving a vicious red line diagonal to the one Zero had already left.

"Is everyone alright?" He called back, letting his arms drop and taking a breath to calm himself. It would have been so easy to just kill and lose himself again.

"Kazuya," he called, "you don't have to fight. I won't attack you again if you put down your sword."

[iD: 2202, BD: 10]

Alkor: 26/26

Kazuya: 8/23 -1 Bleed for 2/3 turns

id2205: 10 Unyie watched as everyone was fighting because of her mistake. They looked to be finished but something bothered her. she pulled out her weapon and suddenty another player joined the fray and attacked Mari. "He has reinforcements" zero jumped in to strike but the guy was not down. Rei was worried about more coming so she took action. She jumped into the air and dived bomb Argu with her most power swing. 

Argu lost 4hp -3 

Argumail 6/39 -1 HP Bleed for 3/3 turns
Mari 30/30
Celesmeh 29/29
Kazuya 19/23 -1 HP Bleed for 3/3 turns
Zero 29/29 

Rei 17/17

Mari noticed Kazuya sprinting toward the group. Of course. He would try to protect his guild leader, but to Mari – Kazuya was just as bad as Argumail – and if he wanted to join this battle to the death then so be it, she would strike him down too.  Mari spoke, voice cold, “Your guild leader attacked innocent players, well aware that they were lower leveled them him.” Mari took slow steps toward Argumail, still addressing Kazuya as she spoke. Listing off Argumails sins. “He laughed at them, mocked them, and wiped his blood on their face. Someone to mark such players, and find joy in their pain – does not deserve to live. He is a Cancer.” 

Mari deftly dodged Kazuya's strike against her. His blade barely missing her cheek. Mari was about to strike but Celes had run in, charging seemingly driven with emotion to strike at Argumail – if Mari could have stopped her she would have. Mari didn’t want her near the battle, she’d be hurt – if she landed the finishing blow on Argumail – she’d ….

No…

Mari shook her head and strengthened the grip on her blade, she waited for Celes to get out the way an was ready to strike – then – another player – one she knew had come into the fray. “Z-zero?” Mari asked, a little surprised to see him. Did one of the other players message him? Zero had an interesting attack. It was unusual for Mari to see her sullen friend like this. He joined the fight, knocking back Kazuya and ARgumail. Effectively destroying Kazuya's attempt at shielding his leader from the onslaught.

Mari's eyes widened as the young girl, the strange young girl who was crying and wishing for the violence to end ran forward and attacked. Mari shook her head, no more. No more. This would end here and now. Mari did not like how this was going, these players, moments before all seemed so against the violence, or the possibility of death and now, and now they were contributing to it? why? Why were they doing this?

Mari would not allow this to continue, she kicked forward, jumping over the fallen Kazuya her blade ran deep into Argumail's chest. Argumail may have screamed - she wasn't sure, she shut her eyes fast. She didn't really want to do this, but she had to, she had to. Mari kept repeating that to herself as his HP Slowly dropped to 0.

Kazuya was here; and seemingly ready to fight. Argumail called in reinforcements? That was fine. She would too.
Mari opened her HUD; a careless move in battle but she didn't care. She quickly typed a message to Alkor

To: Alkor
Subject: Pkers.
I found Argumail, he was attacking a group of low levelled players. He was wiping blood on their faces and forcing his lips against their cheeks.
I couldn't watch him do that. He's gone.
Kazuya is here too, he's just attempted to attack me - and he may go for the others. 

Mari pressed send with a heavy heart, summoning Alkor here may help protect the other players - but she...she had just killed yet another player, this time she was consciously doing so. Would Alkor forgive her for that, or would he kill her too? Just as she had sent it, he had appeared. Mari took a few steps back. She didn't understand....he couldn't possibly have read the message that quickly, and appeared. 

"A...Alkor?"  

Mari dropped to her knees, biting her lower lip, she had done it...she had killed...again...
Was there no retribution for her? 

"I'm....sorry..."  She whispered as she rose her trembling hands to stare at the blade that had just killed Argumail. She had to do it. She had to, his actions, his words.. he was turning these innocent players into something...something darker. Mari didn't want to see that, she couldn't see that. Mari dropped the blade with trembling hands and buried her face into them. She'd probably need a good hard slap. To get her to realize that Alkor wasn't going to kill her, and that there was still a battle going on, and people who needed to be protected.

Argumail 0/39 -DECEASED
Mari 30/30

Candy Bag: +1 to all dice rolls for next 2 posts 1/2 posts

Battle Roll 7 +1 Candy Bag = 8
+2 Accuracy HIT

Perma Roller ID #2199

((Actually thanks to my stats, Zero's attack didn't land. Alkor's did though.))

Kazuya saw his friend burst into blue polygons and tears welled in his eyes. No Arga... "You bastards! You killed him!!" He kept a grip on his emotions even though he just wanted to break down. He felt Azazel creeping out of that dark crevice in his brain, speaking to him. Turn this into a blood bath. You know you want to. You know that this isn't justice. This isn't what you entered this game for. You entered to try to stop such things, and these people have taken your sacrifice and burned it with their own evil. You can satisfy justice. Just kill them. Each and everyone of them deserves to die. He turned to the group, still holding his sword in a defensive position. He knew today was probably the day he too would die. 

"You killed my friend and you think I'm just going to sit back and watch. You are all horrible! Even you Celes?! I thought you were a kind person. I thought you of all people would only subdue him, bring him to court. You have taken one of my only true friends from me. I don't have friends really. I never had them IRL. Now you have taken him. You honestly think this is the way to settle things? Killing? You are all murderers!! Whether it is for retribution or for fun, murder is murder!" The tears finally flowed and tracked a path down both of his cheeks. He refused to lower his sword even at the inevitable outcome. He had never been one to stand down, especially after witnessing the death of his friend. "I don't think I can forgive you..." he muttered softly. The pain of reality pierced his heart. He took out a potion and prepared to drink it, expecting another attack. "Alkor, I used to think highly of you. Celes, You two faced bastard. And you Mari, you are a sadistic murderer. I will mark your names on my already black heart. I used to think I was the real monster. That is until I witnessed this. At least let me have one blow on one of you to satisfy my pain." He felt a wave of hurt wash over him as the last polygon of Arga dissipated.

Kazuya: 13/23 (If you looked at my evasion, you would have realized that you couldn't hit me. But I will allow the knockback.)

Celes looked at him, Snarling "Two  faced?!?! HE was attacking lower level players, He initiated the duel! I wante dto scare him! not kill him, but he went insane! Putting blood on my face, touching me like that?!?! He is two faced! I was defending! and you know what? If someone like that was in the game, it was only a matter of time!" She readied her spear to defend Mari "You want to attack us?  No. Kazuya, walk away, you cannot win this. It is not work this." 

(2207, 7+1-2=6 hit) She sprang to life rushing and snapping her spear like a scorpion's tail (DMG 8-2-6)

Kazuya: 7/23

Ceels 29/29

"You heard the lady. Put you weapon down, or we'll make you put it down." Zero warned Kazuya as he took a step back, and placed the back of the sword in his hands against the blade of the sword in his mouth. "If you're feeling lucky though we'll gladly take you up on a fight." He moved beside Celesmesh, slightly growling at the other player, and grinned. "Because, quite frankly my swords could use a snack." He dashed at Kazuya, but overshot it and ended up having to jump over the player and land on the opposite side.

(Sword Skill used: Bull Hunt 3 turn cooldown)

[iD 2208, BD 5+2-2= 5]

Ceels 29/29

Zero 31/31

Her boots hit the ground hard with each step. The sound was covered by her own heavy breathing, and the wind and her pulse in her ears as she ran. Arms pumped at her side, willing her body to push just a bit harder, just a bit faster. Players in the nearby town had been buzzing about a big fight, and she had been mortified to learn that she knew some of the players involved.

So she ran, as fast as she possibly could, eating up the distance between herself and the destruction with every passing second. She had to hurry. Of course, Lessa had no idea what was going on, or if anyone had died yet. But judging from the amount of players involved, this skirmish was huge.

It was up to her to try to end things. The woman would never be able to live with herself if she let players kill themselves right under her nose. She had to do something.

As she neared the fight, Lessa gave a soft, distressed cry. There was Alkor, in the thick of it, with Mari at his side. Seeing the two player killers coming down on yet another player made her gag. If she had not been running, she probably would have been sick.

Their opponent, it seemed, was Ryuu. She knew of this man. In fact, they had spent quite a bit of time together. She could not understand what was going on, but she shouted to him anyway. Slowing down a few paces from the angry Crimison Inquisition member, she held out her hands.

"Ryuu, stop this! Think of what you have to give up! You have so much to live for! Please!"

"No Kazuya, walk away, you cannot win this." Arekkusu heard a familiar voice here as he walked in the plains over the hills. He heard it from the other side of the hills, in which Arekkusu was surprised to hear the name. The man that told Arekkusu to meet up with was right right there?

I know of one who shares a similar problem. Arekkusu remembered the mans words before Arekkusu got a scolding and threatened. It didn't affect Arekkusu too much, he's getting used to it. But he remembered the name, Arekkusu never expected to hear it. "Ka...zu...ya." Arekkusu said to himself.

Win this? Was he in a fight!? And he can't win! Arekkusu had to hurry. He ran up the hill and looked lower to see that it was Celes who drew her blade up to the man who Arekkusu didn't recognize. "What the..." Arekkusu said. "Wait! Please! Don't end his life I beg of you! I need to know something from him!"

This was his only chance to get rid of Arekkusus darkness. Know from someone who had the experience, and that man was about to get killed.

Celes saw Arekkusu "i dont want to kill him, I wont, but her needs to leave. WHat happened today was a tragedy! but Mari was only Defending me! She saw Argumail attack and didnt want me to have a death on my hands! I am grateful for that!  I WILL NOT LET HER BE ATTACKED, I CARE FOR THOSE CLOSE TO ME!" She began to cry as she held her spear, facing them. She had seen Lessa run up. She had met her once, she didn't want to see her upset, or upset arekkusu, but she couldn't betray someone who had just defended her as mari had. She didnt have it in her to walk away. 

"He...what?" Arekkusu asked. He was so surprised... Celes just... she was defending someone from Kazuya... the only person Arekkusu can go to left for advice on his darkness...

Arekkusu stepped forward to Celes to try to comfort her. "You were defending someone..." Arekkusu said. He might've lost his chance to help himself by walking to Celes and trying to support her... but self-defense, and someone ended up crying. "I can never blame you for something like that... I can only give you credit for defending someone. I'm not mad at all... please don't cry."

Arekkusu then looked back towards everyone... what did they all see... what series of events lead up to this moment to a point in which someone as strong as Celes could cry.

"Why...?" Arekkusu asked. "Why is this all happening...?"

Kazuya saw the people practically begging him not to do this. When Lessa appeared in his vision, he almost broke down. "Lessa... Lessa, they killed him. They killed Arga. Those murderers... How can I stop, even if it were to kill me? You know me. You know me. You know that I could never stand for this! I even tried to stop them, to stop everyone, but they still killed him. I was even willing to take damage from both sides and they still killed him. Nobody had to die, but now... Now they do. They have betrayed the law of this world. The law of every world. Not to kill one another, except after a court of law." The tears continued to stream down his face. "They took one of the few friends I have in this accursed life that I lead. And why? Because Arga lost himself in his mind again. I have always been able to bring him back previously, but no! They wouldn't listen when I told everyone to stop! They just continued their slaughter!" 

He heard Celes words. "You think you are the only one who cares!? YOU ARE A MONSTER! I cared for Arga. He was more than just a friend. He was maybe even more than any brother I could have. He was the only family I had in this world. How dare you take him!" He felt another sharp pain in his chest. "I haven't even caused any damage to any of you, yet you still attack me like this?! I haven't even advanced or taken a step from my position. All I did was purposefully miss that one, and get in your way in an attempt to stop this. This isn't a tragedy, it is murder, especially for the fact that this fight was completely and totally unfair. You have four versus one." He could barely keep a hold of himself. His face was like a window to his soul. it showed the pain, sorrow and angry he felt. He knew that he should just retreat, but his instinct told him to give them some wounds to lick before he did.

Ceels 29/29
Zero 31/31 

Unyie came up. "The guy tried to kill me and Rin san. He tried to kill us for no reason. We only wanted to say hi to him but he started singing some death song and drew his blade. Then Celes came to our rescue" Unyie held her hand on her chest. "This is my fault, i should never had gotten close to him. so please aim your hate on me. But please... i dont want anyone else to die. We have to work together to escape this hell"