[PP-F5] Death Valley.

I reequipped the coat that I'd put away only two hours earlier when we'd entered the 5th floor.

We've been trudging around for hours! Cleo? Isn't there a nearby town or something?

Yes. It's a few minutes north of here.

Okay. So, not too much farther. Great!

Glancing up at Ryu, I inquired, What are you thinking about?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked over the desert plains trying to understand how both Cleo and Dante both new there was a town close by. I couldnt see anything but sand for miles. Am i sure we were even going the right way. I looked down to see Aoife staring back at me.

What am i thinking about?.....yeesh...that's a tough one to express i said knowing i already had so much on my mind. Mostly food, water and rest...but there were more important matter to worry about. This entire time I've been walking hand in hand with the one girl i never thought would one day be mine. I now know that i MUST protect her with my very life and cherish her always.

There seems to be a lot on my mind, but for now, ill just say that i want to find town first before anything suspicious comes looking for us out here, where its not as safe as we think it is. i said moving a little faster holding her hand gently but also slightly tugging on her arm.

I wasn't sure what I was looking for. I was just glad that we would be safe but something seemed....off about this town. I can't put my finger on it but I'm pretty sure buildings aren't supposed to be boarded up like they are. I wanted to find and inn and could immediately tell that's exactly what Aoife was doing. This place was a ghost town but not very long into the search did we find a place called Snake Bite Inn. The place wasnt too bad, the desk attendant gave a us a room key, and I walked Aoife up to the room, number 162, and I flopped into one if the beds.

I walked over to a closet and pulled out a blankie, then walked over to where Cleo stood and set it down. She curled up on it and I walked over to the bed opposite of Ryu and sat down, exhausted. Well, today has been an adventure, hasn't it? I laughed and shrugged off my coat, folding it up and putting it in my inventory. I unlaced my combat boots, taking them off and putting them in my inventory too. I glanced over at Ryu and looked away quickly, my face blending into my hair. I'll just... sleep in my everyday clothes....

I sat on the bed thinking about things that were going on. I slowly debated what items needed to be unequipped. First when the Cloak of Darkness, allowing my hair to flow over my right eye, which i shyly brushed behind my ear to reveal my scarred red eye. Next was the Snakeskin cape, followed by Ragnarok. I never realized i had so much on until now. I unlaced my Shadow Dragons and put them in the inventory. I unequipped my fingerless gloves and my two daggers. So much was put away, eventually i was reduced to my black tee shirt with basic armor and the basic pants and black socks....it was,...different, refreshing actually. I looked over to Aoife when she spoke about today being an adventure.

Yeah....so far it has been i said looking down and realizing on my left hand was a nice little silver ring band. I had almost forgotten what i had done on the previous floor. I stared at her...then thought of what i should do but i wasnt sure she'd let me.

I felt Ryu staring holes into my back, so I turned around to face him. What is it? Is something wrong? I inquired, concerned. I noticed the discoloration in his right eye, along with the scar. It was something I'd never seen before, and it shocked me, though I didn't show it. Oh, Ryu-kun.... What has happened to you?

I was suddenly shocked realizing she actually answered me. I suddenly lost track of what i was going to say and all i could find myself doing was smiling like a complete idiot.

Oh....um well....I wasnt sure....if you felt you could....stay in the same bed...together...I mean...um just to give um, Cleo and Dante somewhere to sleep besides the floor of course i said really nervously and chuckling at the last part of my statement. It was a ridiculous request but...she and are to be married...so....it wasnt to profound......i think?

I'm telling you, if it was possible to be a brighter red than my scarlet red hair, my face turned that exact color at that moment. I lost my voice for a moment, unable to answer. So, of course, my sly familiar decided for me. Sneaking up to the side of my bed, she hunched down then sprung, pouncing on me and sending me crashing to the floor. Hey! Cleo! I exclaimed, jumping up. Sorry, but I want to sleep in a nice, comfy, clean, warm bed again, instead of the filthy, hard, cold ground. She waved her tail in Ryu's direction. Go take up his offer and sleep in his bed, she thought with a sly glint in her eyes. Oh, I'm so getting you back for this, Cleo! I sighed in defeat and turned to Ryu. S-sure.... B-but any funny business and you'll get it! I stuttered, not sounding as serious as I was going for.

Fu-funny business... I stammered. I had no idea what she meant. I had no intentions on doing anything to her, I didn't even think it was possible in the came to accomplish such an act of profanity. Why would she even think that I would stoop so low as to do anything like that. I'm a peaceful guy...things rated X were not my forte and I sure as heck have never heard such things in my life....it didn't help that I was mostly homeschooled and didn't have a lot of Internet access, until now...but even still...rated X things made me cringe at the thought of them....and even worse that she thought I'd take advantage of her like that.

i just thought...that...ya know...it would be warmer with two people in one bed...and it wouldn't be as weird now since...well...ya know I managed to nervously say then showed her the band on my finger hoping shed catchy drift. Then I witnessed Dante and Cleo laying next to each other on Aoifes bed...and I could tell they were speaking to one another....didn't matter what they said...I knew it was about us.

I moved over on the bed eventually laying down under the covers, looking towards the windows, noticing the night sky was very dark this evening. I waited to feel the shift of the bed not knowing if she was going to or if i failed and it would be Dante who slept with me tonight, which i guess i wouldnt mind either but...ultimately it was up to her in the end.

I quickly laid down on the edge of the bed and turned my back to the window. Cleo glanced at me and I glared back at her. You are so getting it! She shrugged and turned her back to me, clearly not caring. I sighed, exasperated, and flipped over onto my back, staring at the ceiling.

i remained curled on my right side staring out the window. I figured as soon as she fell asleep that i was going to pull out my coat and sleep on the floor....it only seemed right. I didnt want her to hate me because i asked. So i stayed up for hours on end hoping she'd fall asleep. So i waited...and waited...and waited.

I have no idea what exactly compelled me to do so, but when I was about to fall asleep, I turned, facing Ryu, and hugged him. Maybe it was to make sure he was still there or maybe I just wanted to hug him, but whatever it was, I know I wouldn't let go anytime soon. My hair fell across my face and I sighed in content, then fell asleep with a small smile gracing my face. Good night Ryu.

There was no escaping her, i couldnt get away. I wrapped my arm under her shoulder and hugged her back allowing her to lay on my chest. I didnt think i would ever meet a girl like her...I fell asleep with her in my arms. I couldnt believe i could sleep the only thing i could think about was how wondrous life could be. That night though.....was the worst....i slept horribly, nightmares all night, waking between 4 and 5 times between morning and night.

I woke up the next morning and glanced around the room sleepily. Noticing that my head was resting on something other than a pillow, I turned my face upwards and was face to face with Ryu. I jumped up and backed away quickly, not recognizing him at first and falling off the edge of the bed and hitting the ground hard. I stifled a yelp of surprise and pain and sat up, heart beating wildly. I peeked over the edge of the bed and calmed down a bit, finally figuring out that it was just Ryu, who was still sound asleep. Even after all that racket?! Must not have slept well last night. Now wide awake, I decided to go out on a walk to calm my nerves, so I equipped my boots and headed out. Hopefully no odd weather blows through here.

I woke up to a silent room. The only thing lively here was Cleo and Dante. She had left me and this time...with nothing. I sat in the room for a moment wondering what i was to do. I sat in the room and thought for a good couple of minutes but i am no longer sure of what is going on with young Aoife.

More people were outside now that the sun had climbed higher in the sky. The busy streets were hard to navigate and I was considering going back to the inn. Passing a café, I rounded a corner and halted, shocked. An enormous red cloud approached the town, covering ground quickly. Someone a few feet away screamed, Sandstorm! Suddenly the entire crowd went insane, rushing to their houses and inns. I quickly turned on my heel and sprinted back past the café and passed several shops that blurred together in my mad dash back to the inn. When the inn was finally in my sight, the red could had almost caught up to me. Knowing I wouldn't make it in time, I ducked into an abandoned shop and propped the door closed just as the storm whipped by, threatening to tear the door off of it's hinges. I figured that I'd be here for awhile and decided to send a pm to Ryu so he wouldn't worry over where I was. Whelp, this is just dandy.

I received a pm from Aoife telling me where she was and saying that she was safe. I sent her one telling her im going to get her out of there. As soon as i sent it i equipped all of my equipment and laced up my boots. I fled out the window and down to the street as fast as possible, almost being blown away in the sandstorm, but luckily i was wearing the cloak so not as much sand entered my eyes. I felt my way around to the general store since i could see as it was. As i reached the door i pounded on in hoping someone would answer or at least let me in. I stood there for a couple of minutes with no response then finally screamed over the sand storm "Is anyone in there?"