[PP-F5] Death Valley.

I received the pm from Ryu and shook my head. Baka. He should know better than to go outside in this weather! Hearing Ryu's voice outside the door, I rushed over to it and yanked it open so that he could get out of the unforgiving storm. I grabbed his hand and practically dragged him inside the store, then shut and propped the door closed again. I crossed the room and leaned against the adjacent wall. Ryu, you shouldn't have gone out side in the storm. You know better!I sighed and slid down the wall to sit on the hardwood floor. Pulling my knees to my chest, I lowered my head and whispered to myself, I just don't want you to get hurt.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stood there silently thinking of what to say.

I did this for you....so you wouldnt be alone...in the storm....i couldnt do that to anyone...you especially i said in a sorrowful tone. I apologize....i know...im stupid...

I propped myself into a chair and faced the wall. I knew i was doing something dumb, but it wasnt because i wasnt thinking, it was because i was caring. I wasnt going to allow anything to happen to her...especially now...and we have barely started this death game.

I lifted my head and glanced at Ryu. Sighing, I stood up and walked over to him. I tapped his shoulder and spoke. It's alright. I understand. Thank you for keeping me company. I turned around and sat on the ground with a huff. I grabbed one of my knees and leaned my head back against the wood and stared at the ceiling. You know, I just woke up a few hours ago and I'm already exhausted. I stated.

I laid down next to her, on the floor and sighed.

I never actually slept last night... i said with a saddened tone. I kept thinking about how long we'd last...or...if you actually had feelings for me, or if this was just a way to get into my inventory if i died. I wasnt sure if you really felt this way....or if it was just the game taking. I also....i also kept thinking about...how if we die....will it be in vain?....or will we beat this game

I started to cry but i didnt show it on my face, and i hid my eyes from her. I have a sister...to get back to...and i cant...i just cant let that end....i have to see her again. i sobbed.

Well, I do have feelings for you. No, I really don't care about inventory. I believe that we'll beat this game. I also believe that you'll see your little sister again. I sighed. You know, you're lucky. I don't remember my life outside of this game. I only know small bits and pieces. Like my name, birthday, the things I like and don't like, and that I have two brothers that are also in this game, but nothing more. Everything else that I know is from SAO. I explained, then glanced at Ryu. Promise me that when we get back, you'll introduce me to your sister. 'Kay?

I looked to her slightly scared.

That is....if i even find you again... i said sorrowfully. I remember knowing how far away i live from most people. Living in the city of Kyoto, was not the most popular area with this game, but i was still able to get my hands on a copy. This wouldnt last long...i knew i would die...im just not sure when itll happen.

I looked towards the ceiling noticing some sand was leaking in. It doesnt appear to be an issue but it could if this got any worse than it already is. How long would we be trapped here. How are Dante and Cleo taking this. What happens to us if we cant get out. How often do these storms come around....im no longer sure...i closed my eyes hoping the best would come before the worst.

A thin trail of sand piled in the middle of the floor. It reminded me of the bottom of an hourglass. I looked up at the ceiling, not seeing how the sand was getting inside. It started to concern me, so I got up and tip-toed across the creaky floorboards to the sand pile. I threw up gaze back up at the roof, still not able to figure out why or how the sand was getting inside.

The sudden snapping that was too quiet to hear, rang loudly in my own ears amongst the silence. I leaped up and in a heartbeat was running towards Aoife. Next thing i remember before the sudden black out was pushing Aoife towards the window, which she probably broke through, and the roof collapsing with the weight of sand on top of it. It sent shards of wood and large pieces of pillars and tons of sand in my direction. The last thing i heard was me colliding with the floor and the crashing of wood on wood and a high pitched noise. Then things went dark...and honestly...they still are dark...and growing darker...weaker...i feel like im...fading.......

The whirling sands spun down as they quieted to a gentle breeze. The full moon shone over the horizon as a figure climbed down a dune. A white cape masked her head and back showing only rose red lips and pale skin, black clothes covered her front emphasizing her feminine figure along with grey metal chest guard. A sturdy spear was gripped in her hand shining as she walked along. A green diamond cursor showed above her head. As she approached the town those outside it would think her a mirage but this vision was all too real as she approached town. Walking onto the main street she caught sight of a player and frowned. Walking forward she stopped short of the player as the moon rose above her. "Are you alright?" A musical voice asked. If you looked up at her at this moment you'd think her to be a goddess...

I glanced up at the girl in front of me. I hadn't moved an inch from were I'd landed, too shocked to even fully understand what had just happened. My lip quivered and I blinked back tears, sick of crying. Shaking my head no as I didn't trust my voice, I burned holes into the sand, appalled at what just taken place.

Unknown frowned. She could feel despair rolling off in waves from the girl. Crouching down she took her hand and placed it under the girls chin and brought her face up to look at it causing the harassment warning to pop up not that she paid it any heed. "I ask you, what has you so drowned in sorrow?"

I choked back a sob and gathered the last of my will to answer the girl. Ryu... was still inside the building when it collapsed. He saved me, but... he.... I glanced up at the young girl, blurry to my tear-filled eyes. He's gone, isn't he? I asked solemnly.

(I'll detail this more at a better time.)

• 2 weeks later...

I suddenly realized that with Ryu gone, I knew no one on the floor. "Wait!" I exclaimed hastily. Pushing my hands against the ground, I folded my knees and sat up, then gazed at the girl with baseless hope in my emerald eyes. "May I possibly go with you?" I inquired, grasping at straws.

(I'm done with using colours for speaking. Back to quotation marks!)

The fair maiden regarded the player. She lightly smiled. "I would love the company." Hefting her spear she headed along. Her white cape flowing in the gentle night breeze that picked up. "I warn you though we may be hunting a big monster." She added casually as if it nothing abnormal.