[PP-F4] Way Past Cool (Keith, Kiru)

Guest Keith

The dreaded ice floor. Keith knew this day would come, even though he had been to this floor plenty of times. He stood in the gate of the town leading out of to the tundra biome of the frozen zone. Keith jogged in place slightly, working up some heat and then stretching his legs. the small, purple, cat-like creature on his shoulder huddled up against his cheek for warmth, shivering slightly from the cold. Keith pat the carbuncle on his shoulder and smiled. "Don't worry Ruby, we're just going for another personal record, alright?" He said, scratching behind the ears happily.

Keith then tensed up as he heard the sound of a whistle. Turning around, he saw five town guards running at him with spears. Keith looked up, seeing his yellow crystal, and then back down at the guards. "Well, looks like no time for warming up. I'd love to stay buuut... I gotta go!" He said, raising one foot and then stepping forward, dashing off at top speed out of the town, hurrying through the snow and out of the town. "Heh heh, too easy! Piece of ca-" He stopped feeling himself plow into a figure infront of him. Keith fell onto his bum and his carbuncle fell beside him, yipping with surprise as he scurried back up onto his shoulder. Keith mumbled and rubbed his head. "Hey, way past uncool! What's the big idea?" He mumbled, looking up at what he ran into.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stared up at the sky, then looked around me to see more players, even more annoying than before. The sight of couples laughing together made a hand reach for the pendant around my neck but it was no longer there, I had taken that off the night of the dance. Young girls passed by me with determined looks, probably going hunting. A young man with a weird animal on his shoulder was walking into the town but I didn't mind him, I kept looking at the sky. It seemed to be a different shade every day, maybe the game makers planned that. Maybe so someone would notice changes. Also, the snow that was generated just seemed to keep in a continuous fall towards the ground of Aincrad. 

I heard the sound of whistles and a loud ruckus coming from inside the town but I didn't care. If someone had an issue they could fix it on their own. I sighed and continued my staring contest with the sky. Suddenly my knees hit the snow with great force, and it hurt too. Though I did make it so I didn't fall entirely it was still an embarrassing moment for me. I heard someone's voice next to me. My cheeks flushed with anger when he began to accuse me. Excuse me? I'm sorry but you seem to be the one who bumped into me like some barbaric oaf! Don't go around confusing your own faults with mine, I have none of your concern! I half shouted as I stood up, brushing the snow off of myself. 

Keith snorted and stood up, brushing snow off himself as the whistles in the distance grew louder, to which Keith paid no mind to. "Well, excuuuuuse me, princess. But what kinda person just stands right in the middle of the road? I'm tryin' to run here! Yeesh, some people!" Keith paid no mind as the whistles were only fifty feet away. "And I'm the oaf? At least I get and run like people should instead of standing around and loitering! Jeez louise!" 

"The Player Killer is in sight! And he has an accomplice!"

Keith tensed up and looked around as te popo were just a few steps behind him. "As much as I'd love to chat, Miss Crabapple, I gotta run!" But before Keith even moved, he felt a strong hand clasp onto his arm, and then a cuff snap onto his left wrist. "We got the yellow player! Now time for his helper!" The guard said, reaching out to grab Kiru and clasp the other end of the cuff onto her right wrist.

I huffed out a breath and gave an icy stare. What kind of person just plows through other people without warning?! It's uncivilized and just rude to run into people. And I totally agree, some people right? They need to learn some rules around here. I perked an eyebrow at him, all of two people he reminded me of. Zelrius for witty comebacks, and Daeron for absolutely not caring weather or not I cared. This boy was also a player killer, were they all like this? 

I smirk appeared on my face as he tensed up, maybe he was just another cowards like the rest of them. I saw him turn to leave, and so did I but I bumped into yet another person. I scowled and looked up at him. Watch where your go- From behind I felt something wrap around my wrist, a handcuff? What the heck do you think your doing?! I asked and kicked my leg upwards to the other man's face. I'm not with this idiot!

Keith's face paled as he looked at the handcuff, and read it's information. "Destiny Link Handcuffs" The two players linked together share a pooled HP, and take turns attacking. They cannot become separated unless the cuffs are removed via key or by a Grand Master locksmith player. If one player dies while wearing the cuffs, the other player attached dies as well. Keith's mouth gaped open as he read. "...What? No, no no. No way! That's way past uncool!" He whined, looked to see the guard pulling out a Prison Crystal.

"Looks like none of these guys are the captain..." Keith said, raising his leg and decking one guard in the jaw with Martial Arts skill. "...So we're gonna have to find him for the keys." He finished, kicking the same guard in the crotch with more emphasis on the last word, grunting slightly while doing so. He just hoped Kiru was managing with the other guard on their other side.

The man whom I had just kicked was very angry with me, I could see he that he had a task though. He pulled a strange crystal out, my eyes widened with shock. Is he really doing what I think he is?! At the same time as my thought I heard the young man beside me say no about a million times, he knew something I didn't. What, what are you freaking out about?! Just at that moment he kicked the other man. 

I was pulled one way as the boy beside me jerked the handcuffs towards him to kick the guard. The other guard came after me but I was too fast for him. He had his arms outstretched and about to grab me but I ducked in time, causing him to go into the handcuffs' chains. What...why didn't they break?! 

Keith sighed as he kneed the guard by the cuffs in the face. "This is why." He said, motioning to the cuffs as the words, 'Immortal Object' appeared. "And, here's what they do." He finished, opening the info he had read before. Both the guards were unconscious, so that gave them some good time to get their bearings. "Destiny Link Handcuffs" The two players linked together share a pooled HP, and take turns attacking. They cannot become separated unless the cuffs are removed via key or by a Grand Master locksmith player. If one player dies while wearing the cuffs, the other player attached dies as well.

"So... We're gonna have to find the captain. But captains almost always stay at the prison." Keith said, sighing softly. "...And on Floor 4, the prison isn't even in town. It's far out in an ice field... Underground." He said, looking up at the corner of his HUD and seeing his name had changed. What had originally said "Keith: 93/93 HP" Now said, "Keith and Kiru (Linked): 170/170". 

The guard made a soft noise when he hit the ground next to the other, unconscious. I sighed and turned to see what the boy was speaking of. 'Immortal Object,' Great...we can't break them. I brushed my two-toned hair out of my face and read the description of these stupid manacles. So basically...I'm with you until we find that person..No...I totally ignored the part about death, that didn't matter to me. Take turns attacking?! I exclaimed and felt my hand the was not attached to his start to shake. This happened when I was anxious, angry, or nervous.

I have no intentions of going anywhere like this with you. I sneered, pointing to the chain connecting out wrists together. He was crazy if he thought I would waste my time going after a guard that could be elsewhere. I looked up to see my name not above my head, but one large one in the center of us. Keith and Kiru (Linked): 173/173? Your name is Keith? Also what level were you because the only way we would have that much combine health is if you were a higher level than me.

Keith sighed and rolled his eyes. "Ya know, since we're gonna be stuck for a while, we may as well start getting along..." Keith sighed, rubbing the back of his neck with his right hand. "And yes, my name is Keith. Level 45. Pleasure to meet you, Kiru." Keith said, awkwardly opening up his map with his right hand. He accidently clicked wrong menus and had to go back and open different ones shakily. Keith was left handed, and that was the hand that was linked. "As thought... The prison is on the other side of the floor. Normally, I could run there in a few hours, but linked, prominent danger, and a crippled combat system, this may take us a little more than a day."

Looking through menus oddly, his right hand still refusing to be co-operative, Keith blinked as he looked through items. "Heh. Looks like we share Col and Items until then too, so we have six weapon slots that benefits us both for the time being. That's a plus, I guess." He said, closing the menu and looking to Kiru. "So the sooner you wanna get out of here, the better you're gonna have to put up with me." 

I understand. I said and cleared my throat. HI I'm Kiru and I'm delighted to meet you Keith, a level forty five! I'm skilled in throwing daggers and I'm a level thirty six! I exclaimed in an overly dramatic school girl voice. Though I was good at acting I couldn't refrain myself from glaring at him the whole time. Likewise, I could get there in the same amount of time as you could. I don't see what could be so dangerous though, going underground? Surely a high level like you wouldn't think that were in danger. I made a loud sigh and opened my menu.

Luckily, I was left handed. It seemed that Keith was too, which was hard for him. I scrolled through the items and potions. We shared weapons and col now, which meant I had every right to it. Well then since we have that much col, I guess we could afford to get some supplies and maybe some food before we set off on our journey then?

Keith cringed slightly when she brought up spending his Col, and he forced a smile and nodded. "...Sure. No worries, Kiru.He said, opening his map up awkwardly and looking for a nearby place to go eat. He didn't want to go anywhere too expensive, seeing as how he was saving his Col for a house soon. 60,000 Col. And Kiru had the ability to help herself to it. "How about here?" He said, pointing to the not-so-expensive Yulgar's Tavern, which was on the other side of the map from the super-expensive Gilded Diamond restaurant.

But, Keith had the nagging feeling deep down that she was going to choose the most expensive place she could find on the entire Floor, even if it meant draining him dry of every last piece of Col. But hey, his harmless proposal was worth a shot. Seemingly, they would have to eat and then sleep, seeing as how it was already evening. And then a small detail popped into his head. They would have to bunk together. His face turned red in contrast to his blue hair. "...H-Hurry up and decide. I'm growing a beard over here!"

I looked over at the expensive looking restaurant, the design was beautiful. The gold trimming with the diamond studded outline was stunning against the stark look of the snow. I wanted to go inside to eat but two things stopped me. I didn't like expensive food and it would remind me of a good memory I had with someone. It would be painful for me to explain so I responded nonchalantly. Decisions, decisions... Well Keith, the more expensive one probably has worse food mainly because of the seafood. I suggest we go try out the one that you proposed. I said finally, aware that he wanted me to pick the one that costed less. You're growing a beard? I can't tell but let's go. As I led the way I saw out of the corner of my eye some other players' eye watching us and fingers pointing. I practically dragged Keith behind me. My cheeks flooded red with embarrassment as I pushed farther, two steps to the eating place. 

Edited by Kiru

Keith rolled his eyes at the players who were pointing at them. "Anyway, I think we shou- Wha-? Hey!" He yelped, getting puled along. As he followed up alongside her, he just walked in silence as they walked toward the tavern. "Well, what I was going to say was-" Keith stopped, seeing a few guards looking at them suspiciously. That was it. They were only half as identifiable, seeing as Keith was a yellow player and Kiru was green, so the only thing that would set guards off was their handcuffs. Keith thought quickly and then made a bold move.

He took Kiru's hand into his, hiding some of the the collar under his sleeve and maneuvering her hand so the rest his under her's. "Can't wait to take you out tonight. Seems like we hardly hang out anymore, babe." Keith said, forcing a loving tone as he kissed Kiru on the cheek, seeing the guards shake their heads and look away. Acts of public affection usually had that effect on people, most didn't want to be caught staring.

Right before I was about to go in I felt Keith's hand clasp onto mine. I tried to yank my hand away but his grasp was firm. Frustrated, I looked over at him with a glare. What the heck are you- I stopped talking when he leaned over and kissed my cheek. My face was continued to burn red but now with anger and confusion. If I punch him right now I'll cause a scene.. I took a very deep breath. Keith. If you do not get at least two feet away from me I swear I will end us both right now. An evil look flashed in my eyes when I said this, I was very serious. I stepped inside the doorway, allowing Keith to enter first. You're going to explain yourself when we sit down. 

Edited by Kiru

Keith stepped in, forcing a calm face while he was really melting inside. He was beginning to feel like just maybe prison was a better option at the time. "Y-Yeah... I'll find us a seat..." He said, leading her in and sitting in a small booth in the corner, sitting down by the window. "...I had my reasons." Keith said, tugging on the collar of his shirt with his free hand as he settled down in his side of the booth. Unless Kiru felt like holding hands with him during the entire meal, she was going to have to sit next to him. 

"There were more guards giving us the stink eye, and we couldn't risk creating a violent scene. So, I did the alternative. I made a romantic one." Keith said all matter-of-factly, as if he was helping the situation. "If you see a couple making out and swapping spit on a park bench, would you continue to stare, or would you want to look away? Displays of affection make most people uncomfortable, and seeing as how NPC guards are wired to behave as human as possible, they're no exception."

I reluctantly sat down next to Keith and as a habit, tired to cross my arms. This of course didn't work though because on the handcuffs. I curled my fingers into a fist and set it down on the side of my chair. So that's your justification? We could have easily outran them and possibly beaten them in a fight. Do not resort to such things without my consent of else next time we are surely going to attract more attention. I stated calmly. Normally I would have started yelling at him but I would have attracted even more unwanted attention. I had no intentions of commending him for his work. Kissing me randomly was definitely not the way to make people look away. I gave Keith a sideways glance just as a thought popped into my head. Hey, if I were to stab myself would you feel it too? Since we both supposedly die would we feel the same pain? 

Keith sighed and slumped in the chair. "Running would just drive the suspicion home. If we ran, they would ring the town bell and let everybody and their brother know we were trying to make a run for it. And as for fighting them, yeah, we probably could've. But the last thing we need to do is create a scene." Keith said, looking over the menu until he heard Kiru's voice again. He tensed up slightly, and then slowly turned his head to her.

"...Yeah. We share pain, and pleasure. It's an effect of the cuffs." Keith said slowly, narrowing his eyes at her. "...Why?" Keith knew why, oh boy he did. What he was wondering was why do it to herself when he was less than a couple feet away from her. Also, they were in a safe zone. She couldn't hurt herself, let alone him. And drawing a weapon in a restaurant would be huge red flag to NPCs.

As Keith slumped backwards, I laid my head on the table which left my hand akwardly behind me. I didn't move it though, laying down was really comfortable. My hair with two colors in it sprawled itself everywhere on my shoulders and the table. Running would have be logical in this situation because we would be away from the threat instead of sitting in the middle of it. They would chase us both but would cold have just said wrong person or something. Although...we could have confronted them..I said in a bored tone. Then, something hit me. Wait a second, you never did tell me why exactly they were chasing you. What did you do, steal something?

I felt a small amount of fear wash over me for a second when he looked at me. I chuckled, these really did connect feelings. No reason really, or maybe there is one. Hm, good to know. And how would it affect happiness because I can assure you that you would not be able to force your joy this way. 

Keith sighed and rolled his eyes. "They're after me just because of my crystal color. Since we're linked, it's tougher for them to discriminate." Keith said, a humble feeling starting to overcome him. "...So I guess that means I owe you one. But then again, dinner and most likely the inn are on me anyway." He finished, tapping one item on the restaurant menu. The food digitized in front of him and the Col counter dropped very slightly. 

"Anyway, you can go ahead and get something, while I try to eat this." Keith finished, using his right hand to try and scoop some soup, but had a hard time with his right hand. As he tried to move it to his mouth, it lost balance. A burning spoonful of soup fell onto his crotch, burning his lap. Keith jolted up and yelped. Out of habit, he was ready to bring his left hand to put pressure on the pain, but it was attached to Kiru. And if he did that, she would touch his- Keith yelped loudly again at the idea, as he moved his right hand to the spot. The rest of the soup in the spoon fell onto it. "AH, COME ON!!" Keith yelled, sitting there and having to feel the burn.

I had't even noticed the color above his head, it didn't strike me as weird either. I mostly hung around player killers so this was just another person to me. I see, but I didn't do you a favor. I expect nothing in return for it either because I was dragged, literally, into this mess. And we are definitely not wasting a night to sleep. We will go out of town as soon as we finish eating and use the night to cover from the guards. I ordered a water, drank some of it, and rested my head into my elbow, starting to think about how we would journey through this. 

I saw it coming from a mile away, Keith spilled his soup due to his uncoordinated right hand. I laughed at him under my breath. When Keith jolted up out of his seat, my arm was forced upwards and left to dangle in the air. I sighed but got up unexpectedly when I felt something hot spill onto my lap. I looked down but saw nothing. Nothing has spilled onto my lap so why.....oh. I scowled and sat back down, not even going to try and assist Keith with his spilled soup.