[PP-F4] Way Past Cool (Keith, Kiru)

Guest Keith

Keith whimpered slightly as he wiped his burning hot pants. "Waste a night? But sleep is important! Besides, have you been out on Floor 4 at night time? With the raging blizzard, and high monster spawns, not a whole lot of people live to see the day. Just because we're high level doesn't mean we can, either. One guild went out to find the floor boss one night back when the floors were lower. Never came back. And they were all level 25 though level 30." Keith said, acknowledging that even he had limits.

"Look, I have things to go do too, but neither of us can do anything if we're stuck together, or dead. I'll buy us a room and we can leave first thing in the morning." Keith finished crossing his legs as he drummed his fingers on the table. Taverns doubled as inns, so really they wouldn't have to risk running into a guard again if they just got a room here.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed I have been here during the night. I have been on floor nine in the pitch black of night, fought monsters and still made it back with only about ten points of health lost. I'm nine levels under you but I can sustain on floor nine, yet you can't make it through floor four? You may be an idiot but I know you can fight or else you wouldn't be a level forty-five. There will be no guarantee that we will not get hurt a little, especially with this handicap, but I'm am quite sure we can get through it. A sigh left my throat and I continued. I refuse. I stated blankly, smashing the idea of spending even more of his money on a room I wouldn't even use. 

I have absolutely nothing to do as of right now so whatever you may need to do we can do it right now if you wish. I stood up without warning him and motioned for him to get up. I had something nagging inside of me, telling me that it wasn't fair to deprive him of sleep. I closed my eyes and began. If you really must sleep, you may do so on a bench or against a wall. I will not sleep of course. 

Keith's expression lightened slightly, and he tilted his head slightly to the side. Having the <Well Rested> Effects was a must-have for everyone everyday. It helped accuracy and puzzle-solving, and plus sleeping just felt good. "Look, I know we're linked together and all, but I want to make sure we're both at the top of our game tomorrow. Besides, I don't spend a whole lot of Col anyway, and rooms are pretty cheap. And we can't just sleep on a bench or by a wall. With pick-pockets and Sleep Mavericks, we can't be too careful."

Keith smiled and stood up, not moving his left arm in the process. "Really, there's no shame in just slowing up every now and then. You have to enjoy the little things. There are things to enjoy in this game, you know." He finished, ready to exit the booth. 

Keith, wherever you decide to sleep, I will not. I am not going to fall asleep at all during the night. No one can touch you or me while you sleep because I will be awake; if I see anything suspicious then I could just wake you. I raised my left hand to my forehead and massaged my temples. By the end of this I was sure I would get a headache. You can sleep during the day if you're that afraid!

Slowing down isn't really my style. We need to get this done! Besides, I would be enjoying everything there is to off if it weren't for this! I held up my right hand and gave Keith an icy glare, this one even more serious than the last. I got out of the booth an allowed Keith to get out before I began to walk out of the the Tavern. We should just get going tonight...I muttered. It seemed that both Keith and I were stubborn. 

Edited by Kiru

"Well excuuuuuse me, princess. But if you really think so..." He said with a sigh, following her along. "Fine. Let's head out of town, and let it go. The cold never bothered me anyway."  He said, rolling his wrist slightly as he walked with Kiru. He didn't plan to give her what she wanted every time, oh nelly, this was a rare win. He walked with her out of the tavern and towards the gates, leading out to the freezing tundra of Floor 4. Keith remembered the path they would have to take to get the keys, and how long it would roughly take them.

As he walked with her, he glanced over and raised an eyebrow. "Say... What's with the attitude, anyway? Something on your chest?" He asked as they walked, the land starting to get dark. â€‹"I heard that it's pretty theraputic to share problems. If you tell me what's up, then I'll tell you something worthwhile."

I snickered at his sad excuse for a pun and walked out of the Tavern with Keith at my right side. We passed through the small amount of town to get to the gates that lead us out to the snow covered grass of Floor 4. So where exactly are we going? I have no idea where anything is located on this floor. 

A smiled upturned as he asked me about my attitude. This made me think of what Tristan had said about my walls, even the pun that Keith had said was practically the same. What attitude are you talking about? Some people find me quite likable just the way I am. Back in the real world someone left this game in my locker at school, they should have liked me enough to give something as precious as this to me right? I mean come on, who gives away a video game like this and expect nothing in return? I don't know weather to be angry at the person or just overjoyed ya know? I said with a bounce to my step. Not only did I talk about my life back in the real world but I dodged to question. 

Keith stopped in place right there.

Game.

School.

Locker.

Those three words played again and again in his head as he looked to Kiru, but this time, differently than he had the many times before. This time, he felt like he genuinely knew her face somewhere, he knew he did. "...Locker A18... Fujishaka High School..." Keith said under his breath, as he whispered those two things silently. "I knew it was possible, but..." 

Keith rubbed his neck and slowly looked up, biting his lower lip sheepishly. "So, looks like you got the game copy I left." Keith said, wondering how she would react. Their school had won a contest for Argus Group, and were randomly entered for one student to win a free copy of Sword Art Online. Since it was at his school, Keith's father just had him leave it in the locker. Keith just let out the info he had. He was bracing himself for abuse now.

(I may fix this later)

I stopped when Keith did, I had no other choice really. I turned towards him and gave him a confused look. I can't hear you, you do know that right? I gave him a look of confusion, he was acting different from before. 

It all hit me then like a truck. Keith now looked familiar, maybe I could have seen him on the street or something? I was denying that he could have been the one to make me get sucked into this virtual reality. Keith, standing in front of me. You are meaning to tell me that you left that game in my locker? You left the game? Why on Earth would drive you to do something as stupid as that? I know there was a contest but I didn't enter. And you went to the same school as me?! 

Keith made a flustered sigh and he rolled his eyes, not just going to sit by and take it. "Well sorry I didn't know this was a death game! My dad just worked for Argus and told me to leave this in the winner's locker! That's all I know, and it's all I care about! Heck, I could throw a parade and not care less!" Keith said, pausing to take a few breaths. "And everyone at school was entered! It was automatic! Jeez!"

He just stood there, breathing heavily, having run out of patience. "You know, you're a little snowflake. A special little snowflake. Soon, you're gonna hit the ground and become mush with all the other snowflakes. You've just been pampered your whole life, and have had everything handed to you on a silver platter. And when it comes time to make it on your own, you can't take it! You just expect to get by, and have everyone deal with it because you're you. You're spoiled, and you think just because you look hot, you get away with what you want. No. You're a sorry excuse for a player, and you're a sorry excuse for a person." Keith huffed angrily and turned his back to her. 

I was about ready to literally blow up in his face right then and there. As a habit I pulled out a dagger from my pouch at my side. I was about to throw it but stopped, why can't I just attack myself? It'll go to him too...I smirked and impaled the dagger into my stomach, twisting it and leaving it in there. It hurt extremely bad but I couldn't let it show. No need to get offended, I just really didn't think that I knew you. Besides, I kind of like it here. But oh well I guess. I talked like nothing happened and pulled out the dagger, placing it back into my pouch. If it hurt me then it would hurt Keith. 

ID: 4775; BD 8 (+1 Base Damage, +1 Athletics, +3 Damage for Daggers= 5 Damage)

Keith and Kiru (Linked): 168/173

I gave him literally the darkest stare I have ever given anyone so far. You don't know me or anything about me. I thought scornfully but did not let it show, my wall could not crumble just because his life has touched mine in an unlucky way. For now I would just let myself play one big charade in front of everyone and pretend to be insensitive. Yeah, maybe your are right Keith. I'm just a different snowflake that is one just going to melt with everyone else including you. I have been spoiled my entire life and I am a rude little girl that runs around with fake accomplishments. I am pretty sad aren't I? I guess I just don't deserve any of this, maybe I should learn from you? I bit down on my cheek to keep myself from saying what I actually wanted to say, what I actually wanted to do. I would let Keith have his satisfaction of being "right" about me. I didn't break down in front of Tristan, I will not start crying in front of Keith. I told myself and kept glaring at the back of Keith's head.

Keith bit down hard on his bottom lip as he clenched his stomach, a feeling like a dagger had been twisted inside of it. He clenched his eyes shut and gritted his teeth, not giving into it. With a grunt of pain, he stepped forward, placing his right hand onto Kiru's left, holding her hand gently while still pulling it out of her stomach. "...It's not... The pain you're doing to me that hurts." Keith said, the dagger slowly pulling out of Kiru. "...It's the fact... You would do this to yourself that really stings."

Keith still held her hand, even as the dagger was out. He looked into her eyes with a glint of determination, and he forced a shaky smile. "You're better than this, I know you are. There's good inside you, like there is in all of us. You just need to find it. And if this is how you find that inner good, then so be it. But just do it to me. Please, please, don't do this to yourself."

Would you rather me do to just you instead? I thought inside my head, Keith was extremely hard to predict. I just met him and I have seen him angry, hurt, embarrassed, and happy. So many emotions to match the three that I gave. You have got to be kidding me right now. I'm not doing it to myself, either way we would both get hurt. If I stabbed you then I would basically would be stabbing myself. If I stabbed you then I might become a Player Killer. As exciting as that sounds I would rather not. 

Keith's words confused me, I wasn't doing it to hurt myself, not even close. And there was good inside of me, I knew that. I just wouldn't let that show while I was in this game. Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it, don't do it! You will not under any circumstances let anything slip. If a part is vulnerable you will simply be broken and die from this game. I warned myself and let go of Keith's hand, not even realizing that I was clinging onto in the first place. I don't need you to tell me that, now let's go. I wouldn't like to stand here all night bickering about a dagger. I said, knowing that this wasn't about the dagger.

Turning back to walk, Keith sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose with his right hand. "You know, you're a pretty interesting person." Keith said with a yawn,stretching his right arm and his back. "No matter how hard I try, you just push me away. You've definitely got something way down, and you know, it's not bad to share that. Heck, it's pretty darn good actually. But if you don't believe me, I'll just show you." Keith said, lowering his arms again and not looking to her as he talked.

"You've heard of Vile, right? Most dangerous Maverick alive, killed over two hundred people, and slashed one of my arms off during a duel? Pretty bad dude, right? But I guess that's how it goes because..." Keith paused and took a shaky breath. "...He's my father. He's my father and I hate him for it." Keith said, his voice cracking slightly when he said 'Father'. "Now, you tell me something about you."

So I've been told. Any other interesting things that you have noticed about me? I added sarcastically. 

Yes, I've heard of Vile. I have heard rumors of him but I do not really take anything from it. I want to meet him by the way. I think we would get along quite well in a sense. Of course if he tried to attack me something would surely happen...something bad indeed. I stopped where I was without turning towards him when he mentioned that Vile, the killer, was his father. This was weird. His father worked for Argus, probably a Beta Tester too. It made sense to me that he would try out the game on the launch. Vile is your father. Vile, the murderer is the father of the gentle yet explosive Keith. Wow, okay.  I said, trying to process all of it in my head. It's not a turn taking system, but I will tell you something about me. What would you like to know? I asked, still keeping my voice and eyes level to his as I began to walk again.

Keith tilted his head and thought, processing what to ask. "Everything." Keith said simply. "Just unload everything that's bothering you, and I'll listen." He said, genuinely wanting to know more about her. His father being Vile was the biggest secret Keith had, not even his younger sisters knew. He also hoped she would never breath a word of that info to anyone, but he trusted in his own judgement.

He felt as though the only way to start building trust between them was if if he broke down the ice with that. While Keith was normally a pretty open book, that was really his only secret, and it was one he was ashamed of. Him even telling someone he knew so little about was a testament to how much he had riding on this.

I brought my left hand to my head as we walked and tucked my hair behind my ear. The only thing right now that is bothering me me is you, Keith. As you can tell probably I have never thought through and planned what I would do and say if I were ever to be handcuffed to someone else. A player being chased by other players for the matter. You also are disturbing, your emotions change in a split second. Also, I would like to know how you got that pretty little color on that crystal of yours. I said and pointed to his, yellow crystal. You could only have another color if you killed someone. Which means that this boy had killed another player. Judging by his personality he probably did it save someone or something.

Keith blinked and looked up at his crystal. "...That...?" He said, his voice hollow as if he had forgotten. His personality was jumping so much because he was trying different approaches to try and get the truth out of Kiru, yet it seemed like every attempt he tried had failed. "Well... I killed someone. As much as I didn't want to, I had to." Keith said with a sigh, biting down hard on his bottom lip. This recollection bothered him to this day.

"A father came into this game with his two sons, both nine and six. When the announcement happens, panic arrised. And that parent was willing to do anything to get by. Some Maverick guild called 'Laughing Coffin' formed and were recruiting. They offered to take him in... But his crystal needed to be yellow. And he had two defenseless kids as a ticket. He took them out of the Town of Beginnings and was about to kill them until I walked by. I saved the kids but..." Keith stopped again. The fact he had to reveal so much painful history was unfair to him. "...The father thought that he could over-power me at the time."

I smirked, he didn't even notice that I avoided the question again. Mm, interesting. He must have been a very pitiful man when you raised your blade to him. He was right to challenge you but I can't imagine what it would feel like to duel someone you thought was weak. I snapped my finger in the air and looked at Keith. I had heard of the Laughing Coffin guild. They were all player killers that did dirty work and murdered higher ups even some lucky level ones. There were amusing rumors but I didn't mind them at all. That Laughing Coffin guild sure has a reputation. I want to form my own guild or join one but I'm picky about the style and such. They must be higher levels than me or around that range but also I don't work well with people. I guess a guild is out of the question for right now. 

I squinted ahead of me to still see nothing, it was dark and I didn't have the Night Vision skill. This was yet another night I would rely on luck and sound to pull me through. 

Keith tilted his head, rubbing his neck as he thought over her statement. "...You're looking for a guild? Well, good luck with that." Keith knew she would turn him down if he offered, so he didn't even bother bringing up the Azure Brigade. the guild was still busy reforming anyway. "You know, it's probably high time we set up camp somewhere. It's past midnight." Keith said, checking the time on his HUD. Since they had been trudging through snow for sometime, they had escalated rugged flooring for some time now. 

Seemingly, since they were at higher elevation, the snows were calmer. In the sky aurora lights danced across the sky, taking on every color as stars speckled the pitch black sky. Keith pointed over to a pine tree, which had a dry spot under it's brush. "We can just sleep in shifts up against that pine tree. It wouldn't be so hard, would it? Besides, hardly any Mavericks are on this floor. Especially during night." Keith said, knowing Mavericks were sensible about the awful weather.

Thanks. I muttered and once again attempted to cross my arms. Obviously that didn't work because Keith's hand moved with mine did. Frustrated, I left my hands at my side and continued to walk. The snow was getting just a little bit thinner now that we were farther out of town and higher up. Also the night was now at it's darkest, pitch black. The sky's darkness made it easy to see the stars. Each twinkling spec in the sky seemed to fit perfectly with the aurora lights. This was an incredible sight for a video game, I wasn't aware such things were possible to create. 

I looked over to the tree he was pointing at, it looked sturdy enough even though we weren't going to climb it. The trunk was big while the branches expanded all around the center and spurting from each branch was dead twigs. Snow covered the top side of every branch as if it were a blanket. I guess it wouldn't hurt. From my information Player Killers came out at night but I don't care. They won't attack us anyways. You get to sleep first, I'm not tired. Plus you said earlier that you need sleep. When will we switch?