[PP-F4] Way Past Cool (Keith, Kiru)

Guest Keith

Keith checked the time and shrugged. "We can sleep in three hour shifts. I sleep three hours, and then you sleep three hours." He said, slumping against the tree and sliding downward. He blinked a few times and instantly fell asleep. His pet carbuncle, Ruby, pattered in from behind a rock. He seemed to have been following them, but was intimidated by Kiru. Ruby looked at Kiru cautiously, and then crawled onto Keith's lap, snuggling up against him and curling up into a ball, as if to keep his master warm.

Only ten minutes later, things changed. Sounds of speech sounded in the distance, as if two men were talking to each other. "So, they saw him coming through this way? I thought Vile killed him!" The first voice said. "So did I! Hacked off his right arm and left him for dead what I hear. Why not just kill him there? He killed everyone else." The second voice replied. "Well, apparently, he found himself a new broad. Hold hands all over the place like it's their favorite hobby. Makes me sick." The voices grew louder as the sound of crunching snow became clear. The voices were approaching.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine, I'll wake you whenever I get tired. I walked with Keith over to the tree and put my back against the tree, facing away from him. I set my hand down on the ground and lowered myself onto the snow. Almost as soon as we sat down Keith fell asleep. I guess he really was tired...I thought to myself as his weird familiar gave me the evil eye. It was almost like a disapproving face, it was one strange animal. What are you looking at? I sneered and massaged my right wrist. I didn't admit it earlier but the handcuff was rubbing against me, and it hurt. Maybe Keith felt it too, just didn't say anything either.

I closed my eyes and focused on listening to the world around me, the occasional animal noise and snow dropping was common. Nothing had happened until I heard voices, and they were talking about Keith and me. I knew it because of what he had said earlier. Whatever they were planning to do to him and I wasn't good. A smirk formed on my lips and I stood up and leaned against the tree casually. I opened my inventory and threw my starter jacket over Keith to make it look like nothing important was there. I pinched myself extremely hard, enough to draw blood, and spoke in a warning voice low enough for only Keith to hear. Someone is coming, do not move if you value spending time here. I hid my right wrist behind my back and concealed the handcuff as I saw the players approach, they had yellow crystals...

Keith still slept like a brick. He didn't even hear her and he just continued sleeping under the jacket. As the two Mavericks entered, one of them stopped. He was freakin' fat. Like, holy cow. He wore normal clothes but held a rusty axe in one hand. The other was dressed in leather armor, and was average size. He held a mace in one hand and a shield in the other. They both stopped upon seeing Kiru, and approached slowly. "Well well well... There's the girl. But where's Little Boy Blue?" The fat one said, as the leather one readied his flail. 

"No clue, but no Keith, means no problem taking this runt out." He said with a smirk, now adjacent to the tree. "What's the matter little girl? Boyfriend not here to protect you?" He said, both of them starting to laugh. Luckily, Keith and Ruby stayed silent under the jacket, not making a noise as they laid against the tree.

I smoothed out my face and made it look like I was what they thought I was, a little girl. The larger one moved directly beside me, this was a little difficult now. I closed my eyes and brushed the bangs from my eyes. E-excuse me, I think he went that way. I pointed to the way that Keith and I were planning to go to with my free hand. The two men looked in the direction I was pointing at which gave me about three seconds to pull out a dagger and hide it in my left hand behind my back. When they turned back to me I saw the more rotund one eye the tree behind me, he was suspicious. If you are referring to Keith then no, he is not here anymore. I don;t need him to protect me anyways. I'm probably a higher level than both of you. I let that last half insult slip, it wasn't really enough to set them off.. maybe. This wasn't a necessarily dangerous situation, just an annoying one that cut into my time. Hopefully they would just leave and not try to fight me.

The fat one looked to his partner with a snort. "Can we kill her? I know we were sent after Little Boy Blue, but this brat has some lip..." The thin one shook his head, grinning. "No, we're after Yudai, remember? But... It would be a shame if we had to do something violent to this little girl for not co-operating." He said, gripping his flail and stepping forward. "In fact, she probably thinks we don't even notice that dagger behind her back." He finished, raising his flail above his head, ready to strike down on Kiru.

A blue flash then broke through the tension.

Keith's katana had pierced the chest of the Maverick, sending his health to the red zone. Keith stood there, holding his katana in his right hand with his left against Kiru's. "Keith Yudai, S Rank Maverick Hunter. For your crimes against the players of aincrad, I'm taking you both into custody. Maverick Septimus and Maverick Porkchop." He still kept a straight face, even when saying the fat Maverick's name. "I knew Maverick's would have given us the slip at night, which is why I pretended to sleep. That way, I could have the upper hand when you actually approached. Kiru would want to keep me out of sight, so she could handle you herself. Surrender now and submit yourself to jail or else I'll try you to the fullest extent of Maverick Hunter authority. You won't get that same offer from Kiru here."

"I submit! I'll go to jail!" Septimus said, dropping his shield and flail.

"Bring it on, ya little brats!" Porkchop yelled, raising his axe and rushing Keith and Kiru.

I sighed and gave him a glare, they were just being flat out stupid right now. Okay let me get this straight, you two do not have the capability to kill me and you lack the rather mental capabilities to even comprehend my status. I am Kiru, level thirty six and I am most definitely not afraid to slice you in half and turn my cursor orange. The thinner player killer walked directly in front of me and mentioned my dagger. He brought his sword in the air as an attempt to hurt me. Suddenly Keith sprang into motion, hit the man, and made quite the scene all in one move. It was good that he did jump in because I would have said some nasty things right about then.

Oh and another thing, one does not simply "cooperate" with me. I added after Keith spoke like a policeman. One thing was strangely ironic though. He rid Aincrad of mavericks yet here he is, handcuffed to me with guilty of murder. Pathetic...I murmered when one of the men surrendered without fighting. He wanted to just give up, there was no honor. I agree with you, maybe I am a brat. Let's find out shall we? I said and looked at Keith. We will still chained together so we would have to plan our attacks accordingly. If he moved without me I would slow him down and hurt the both of us. By now I was sure that the other man thought he had an advantage over us because of our limited movement. I tested out my throwing by purposely missing the fat player on purpose.

ID: 4931; BD 4+1=5 (0 Damage)

Keith and Kiru 173/173

Maverick Porkchop 20/20

Keith blinked and thought for a moment. Was Kiru Maverick? He shook off the idea and then stepped back, leaving Septimus on the ground. Not dead, but unable to go anywhere. Keith maneuvered himself, charging up his katana while moving in harmony with Kiru. He lashed his sword off his shoulder and at Porkchop, who was hit by the strike faster than he could blink. The hit was exact and precise, hitting the man across the length of his body.

ID: 4934; BD 10+3 (10 Damage)

Keith's blade easily removed half of Porkchop's health, sending him barreling back and onto the ground, coughing up dust. Keith stepped back and allowed Kiru to make a move. "Switch!" He called out, letting Kiru take her move on the Maverick.

I moved along with Keith, careful not to stop him, and watched his attack. It was very powerful by draining half of his health. Keith was actually stronger than he looked, and acted of course. Keith then called a switch. It wasn't really common for me to do a group battle but I knew the basics, plus It was like I had a choice. I smirked, it was my turn. I grabbed a dagger and ran forward. Luckily I was left handed so throwing the dagger was easy. Restrictions on my movement was tricky. I had to twist a little to throw which cause my wrist to be pulled back by the handcuff at the very last second. I ended up missing him by just a few inches. Unlike Keith's attack, he had time to block and he was lucky.

ID: 4998; BD 2 (No damage..)

Keith and Kiru 173/173

Maverick Porkchop 10/20 

Keith moved forward and brought his sword down in an arch at Porkchop, who was amazingly able to avoid taking the hit. Porkchop side stepped and then raised his axe, swinging down at Keith. Keith quickly side-stepped but the axe came down fast, and burrowed into his shoulder. Keith grunted and clenched his jaw, hearing the crack of his collar bone as the axe burrowed into his shoulder. While it felt painful, Keith was able to withstand that. It didn't even take a fraction of the health he and Kiru shared.

ID: 5001; Mob BD 9-2=7 (3 Damage from Butcher Axe, -2 Damage from Vest of Blue Blader, total = 1 Damage.)

Keith and Kiru 172/173

Maverick Porkchop 10/20 

I sucked in a painful breath, I knew what was going to happen. I could see it practically in my mind. The PK brought his axe doing on Keith's shoulder with the small opening he had. It made a gruesome noise but did almost no damage. I clenched my teeth together to keep from screaming, he must have broken something for it to hurt this bad. With all of my anger bottled up I reached for another dagger and charged forward while Porkchop was still in an arm's distance. I cut diagonally across his chest causing a large red gash to expand. I smirked at him, Quite simply, it's over. Nice try but I'm afraid this is the end. 

ID: 5006; BD 10 (+3 Base Damage +1 ATH +3 Daggers = 7 Damage) 

Keith and Kiru 172/173

Maverick Porkchop 3/20 

Keith lowered his guard and then slid his sword back into its sheath at his side. "This battle is done. They're both a low enough health for arrest." Keith said, opening his inventory and pulling out a Jail Crystal. "Resisting isn't really something you guys can do anymore. You know, if you just played nice, I wouldn't have to put you in time out." Keith said with a smirk, tossing the the Jail Crystal up and catching it in his right hand. "Have fun in jail!" Keith said, activating the crystal and sending both Septimus and Porkchop to jail. The crystal vanished from Keith hand and he settled down with a sigh. "And that's that! Sleep time again?"

I raised another dagger at the two, ready to strike again. Before I could even let it fly, Keith sent them to jail with a teleportation crystal. I looked at him with a confused face. Why didn't you just finish him off? He was willing to die if he challenged you in the first place.. I said, kind of pouting that the fight was over in the matter of minutes. I only got one shot in before he was cast away to rot in a cell. 

Then I thought, Keith had a crystal to jail. Can't we just use the crystal and teleport to the jail? We could explain or whatever...I said, thinking of excuses or a big enough story to explain why exactly we would teleport ourselves to jail, there were many forming in my mind. 

Keith shook his head, rubbing his wrist slightly from all the movement with the hand cuff. "Each crystal is set to send the player straight to a cell, and only get out once the 100th Floor is cleared. If I did use it, then you and I would both be stuck together probably a lot longer than we would want." Keith said with a sigh, running a hand through the back of his head, ruffling up his blue hair as he sighed. "It's just... I know they probably deserve it, but... That's a human being. If there's a way to deliver justice without killing another human being, I'll do it. Even it costs me. In the outer world, there's someone who would grieve for them. I'm not killing a mother's child."

Keith had a heavy understanding of what death meant. That was a human being. Someone who had a life, dreams, all sorts of aspirations. Just this whole Nervegear incident sent their loved ones into distress. If they knew they died... Then they would be broken. Keith made it his goal to save as many lives as he could.

I nodded in agreement, imagining what it would be like to waste away in a confined space. I see, so we'd be stuck in there for a long time. I sat down next to Keith and listened to his words, it sounded like a book or a line from a movie. I shook my head with a slight chuckle after hearing it. So you're a hero that rids the evil from Aincrad now? What if I were to do something like that, and wouldn't back down? Would you kill me, send me to jail to rot? It seems to me like your sending the problem into isolation. But anyways, not my concern. I said those words with such casualty in my voice, as if I were report a project. A slight yawn escaped my mouth and I laid my head back to rest. Two hours hasn't gone past yet so it's still your time to sleep. 

Edited by Kiru

Keith blinked and then realised how tired he was. He wondered how Kiru was able to withstand no sleep for so long. "Well, alright. But just wake me up when it's your turn, alright?" Keith said as he stifled another yawn, laying his head against the tree and closing his eyes. Left to rot. That was a bit of a harsh term, but that had to be better than killing someone, right? Keith did everything he could to get as many people out of here as he could. Sure, prison was bad, but that had to be the only way to make sure someone was still alive and not hurting any more innocent.

About a few hours had passed by as Keith began to sleep. I looked over at him and his familiar. In sleep they both looked so peaceful. How is this kid capable of bringing "justice" by killing the people who kill? He's not even close to Daeron or Zelrius so how? If I were to do something like this would I be satisfied. I never really cared about justice but it may be an interesting task to complete in my free time, which is all the time mostly. My mind wandered into 'what if's' as my eyes began to close about every five minutes. I let out a yawn and opened my eyes as wide as they could go. It's only been an hour and a half...I can't sleep yet.. I then brought my face into my knees and started to sleep. My whole face was covered by the darkness and shadows of my hair so it looked like I was still awake, kinda. 

Keith's decent sleep was soon ended. As he slept, he began breathing faster, making a face of fear as he rolled about slightly. He bit down on his lip and then sat upright with a shout, cluthing his chest with one handed as he gasped for breath, looking extremely pale. Ruby whimpred and snuggled up against him, nuzzling him as if to try and give some comfort. Keith looked around and then sighed, settling back against the tree and petting Ruby, looking over to Kiru. "...Y-You can take your turn... I can't sleep..." Keith said, speaking so low his voice was almost inaudible. He had been having the same nightmare for weeks. It was just the same flashback from when Vile almost killed him, again, and again.

I-I wasn't asleep! I shouted as I bolted upwards when a heard a bloodcurdling scream. I was breathing heavy because I was startled for some reason. My eyes darted around me to check for monsters, strangely there weren't any near us. I looked over at Keith to see him looking at me. How long has he been awake?! Did I fall asleep?! I bit my lip and sighed, getting a better look at him. His face was pale and he didn't look so good. I gave him a confused look. What happened, did I scare you because I'm not a vampire? I jested and frowned a little, something was weird and I could feel it. Most likely the handcuffs...

Keith shook his head and sighed, resting his head against the tree. "It's nothing... You go ahead and catch some sleep. I'll be here and keep watch for monsters or PKers.." Keith said with a shiver, the cool air having chilled him while he slept. He pet Ruby more to warm his hands and he settled against the tree more. Next time, he would make a mental note to bring a spare blanket or something of the sort. Mainly, Keith would be all over getting back to sleep for his remaining half hour, but he almost always couldn't return to sleep after having that dream. He started having nightmares like these after he first killed. The day his crystal turned yellow. The moment haunted Keith for the rest of his time in the game, returning to him every moment he let his mind wander. It was like a curse, and Keith hated himself for killing.

I rolled my eyes at Keith, either he was awake now or has his head full of thoughts. Fine, whatever. Just don't expect me to talk out problems of mine when you ask, like I have any besides you. When a slight breeze picked up I felt cold goosebumps crawl up my arms. I hugged myself to keep warm but that wasn't working. With a huff I got up and walked on the other side of Keith. I grabbed the starter jacket that I threw at him and wrapped it around myself as I sat back down. When I looked over at Keith one more time I noticed that he was shivering slightly. Here. I grumbled whilst looking away from him. I held out the jacket to him and dropped it in his lap. I hugged my knees closer to myself and tucked my head into my arm, dozing off into a very long awaited sleep.