Keith vs Kirito - Real Analysis

http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/2370-kirito-vs-keith-the-battle-of-destiny/

Everyone remembers this joke, buuuuut some people were genuinely curious as to who would win the fight. So, to satisfy their curiosity, I'm taking both characters and analyzing their weapons, skills, and abilities to see who would win in a fight.

In the right corner we have Kirito, the solo-player and Beater.

And in the left corner we have Keith Yudai, the tenacious Maverick Hunter.

No bias will be brought into the fight, and we are analyzing both fighter at their most equal state, seeing as how if we took Floor 100 Kirito... Well... Floor 9 Keith is screwed.

-Kirito Overview-

Kirigaya Kazuto lost both his parents at an early age, and was adopted into his aunt's family and raised as one of their own. From an early age Kirito had taken an interest in games and computers, and played them tirelessly. This gives Kirito an edge in the category of overall game experience, and he's well acquainted with invest stats correctly for the best effect. Though, his passion cost him social interaction, and Kirito seems to lose his calm state of mind when he must interact with another person.

Kirito's arsenal consists of Elucidator, a perfect one-edged sword that is almost unbreakable. This weapon was dropped from the 50th floor boss and is Kirito's primary arms in battle. It's possible to assume that Elucidator is Kirito's strongest weapon, as he is right handed, and that is the hand he holds it in.

Also in the weapon ranks is Kirito's custom sword Dark Repulsor, a sword so strong that the game itself almost crashed upon it's breakage. The sword is made of dragon poop, but is surprisingly durable, and is arguably one of the strongest weapons in SAO history.

Also in his arsenal Kirito has throwing picks, giving him extra range. These picks are extremely weak, yet highly accurate. These are mostly for hunting passive animals or weaker monsters, and are most likely not for fighting another player.

Kirito's armor seems to be more for show, and doesn't seem to yield stats. His coat gives no benefits, and is assumed to be a showcase item, or a sign of identity. This isn't a very logical choice on Kirito's end, seeing as how he wants to remain anonymous.

Kirito's highest stat seems to be his offense, and focuses on extreme attack power and combos to take an enemy down before they can react. Though, this has been seen to work against him as well. If an enemy moves fast enough, Kirito can easily lose his advantage and be over-powered in mere seconds. Though this hasn't cost him a win, he usually had back up to save him. Though this fight is one on one.

Kirito also can fight bare handed with his Martial Arts skill. Though, it's never revealed what art he studied. However, seeing as how Kirito had no training of martial arts outside, and never legitimately trained in SAO, it's assumed he just uses a weaponized verision of basic forms of fighting. Though he did do kendo outside, that cannot apply in any way. The system is his crutch, and he quit kendo after two years. Kendo is also not a martial art with hands, as it requires a stick.

And when times are looking bleak, Kirito uses his ultimate attack. The Starburst Stream. This attack is so powerful, it causes Kirito to go completely savage and reckless until the 85-hit combo is through. Even if attacks are avoided or parried, Kirito is shown to have great difficulty stopping the skill. As stated, skills are sent into motion and do not stop until completed, meaning Starburst Stream is extremely dangerous to use, seeing as it could leave Kirito wide open.

It's also notable that Kirito has an encyclopedia of social problems, and he has rarely fought another player. Kirito's young age gives him extreme anxiety, and causes him to make rash decisions which cost him in the end. But with his extreme attack power, he may just be able to out-do the competition.

-Keith Overview-

Keith Yudai grew up in Sweden, only moving to Japan after his father had gotten a job from Argus Group. As so, Keith was naturally inclined to get the game. In the real world, Keith hardly played games often, and focused more on his track career than video games. While this may make him much more tenacious than Kirito, it makes him less experienced. 

Keith's primary arms is Astral Blade, a katana forged from Star Steel. Star Steel is an extremely durable, and light material which is close to impossible to find. Weapons forged from it weigh literally nothing. Though it does have mass, which give's it's swing and trajectory enhanced accuracy. This blade is held in his left hand, and is a perfectly forged weapon.

Keith also has Razor Disks, sharp, saw-like blades with are meant entirely for keeping a distance between a larger target. Though, the blades are dangerous and clumsy, so Keith rarely uses them.

Keith's armor includes of two primary elements for his fights. He wears the Vest of the Blue Blader, a perfect vest he made himself. This vest maximizes speed, and allows Keith's to move three times faster than his original speed. By doing the math, Keith was a track runner out in the real world, and his sprint skill is maxed. Tripled with his vest, that means Keith can roughly move at about 64 times faster than the fastest human alive. That's enough to fracture bones, pop veins, and cause internal damage, but not to Keith. This means he roughly runs at about 200 feet per second. His speed is only increased with his next fashion item, the Mach Bracer. Made of Wind Dragon Leather, this bracer increases Keith's slashing rate by ten times the original, adding on a whole new meaning of 'Deadly' to his already fast katana. The pure speed of this would be enough to turn a normal human's arm into paste, but in SAO, Keith's accidental stat investments seemed to have paid off for him in the end.

Keith also has his familiar, and seeing as how his pet is more or less an extra weapon rather than an asset, it's logical Keith would bring it into battle. Ruby is a Carbuncle who has strange properties. While it's main focus is healing, Keith and Ruby can also take time to prepare a jewel charge. Jewel charges can energize Keith's katana with fire damage, acid damage, life steal, or give him the ability to use his greatest skill.

Keith's ultimate attack is the Sonic Cut, a slash that not only stings like a million bees, but creates a sonic boom upon impact. That's enough to blow someone to pieces, but anime logic. The skill is quick, deadly, and accurate, but it takes a toll on Keith's mentality. The pure rush from the slash sends his precision out of balance, and costs him a large amount of focus and accuracy for the remainder of the fight, which like Kirito's Starburst Stream, makes this attack a last resort.

Keith's most notable trait is his iconic speed, which when applying math, proves he moves immensely faster than any other character in SAO or SAO RPG. His immense speed makes him tricky to hit in every way, and also adds a level of unpredictability to his move set.

Keith also has training from the Martial Arts skill. The srt he leaned was Judo, which literally means "Moving Body". This is a non-violent form of martial arts, and is meant to have control over your opponent in a fight physically. Judo can also be applied with weapons, and is immensely handy in close range combat, opening up opportunities for all forms of counters.

Keith's Maverick Hunter profession also gives him a whole layer of advantage when taking on another player. He knows how to act, and how to counter player behavior, and is extremely well-aware of how players act in a fight.

-Final Verdict-

Keith

Before you start sending up flares, hear me out.

Kirito was calculating, while Keith was tenacious

Kirito was offensive, while Keith was fast

Kirito had high combos, while Keith had a familiar

The two were equal in almost every way, so it really came to to experience. And this is where Keith gets the upper hand. Kirito is just a teenager, with all sorts of social phobias going against him. Keith, however, doesn't have those limitations. His entire character is built up on defeating other players who are known for their strength. Kirito may have more knowledge about the game itself, but he can't predict a human. Keith however, goes through other players daily. Keith even had his entire arm hacked off during his fight with Vile. In the end, numbers can't calculate what these two are capable of. But until then, the winner is Keith Yudai.

I actually did include the fact that Kirito has heavy knowledge of the game, but that doesn't mean he automatically knows the attack patterns and thought process of another human being. Kirito is probably worse off in the category.

And as for Ruby, players get no OUTSIDE help, as in Asuna can't help Kirito and Kiru can't help Keith for example. It's both players and all their resources against each other. Ruby is just part of Keith's arsenal, like his katana. Familiars are basically another weapon for players to use.

Even without Ruby, the results wouldn't change. Kirito couldn't predict Keith's mindset, and Keith would be able to know how other players usually go about battle. They would fight for a while, and with his immense speed, Kirito would be forced to use Starburst Stream. Keith, being immensely fast, would probably avoid it pretty easily, and then just attack Kirito from behind as Kirito must finish Starburst Stream before regaining control.

well Keith did have advantages in terms of speed (I'm a speed freak but no bias here) even if kirito know the game like the back of his hand. As stated Kirito leaves openings when he uses starbust stream and if assuming keith is fast enough to get through the openings of starbust stream then kirito will be mostly hitting air with his combo (it's a bummer he can't stop that skill, new info for me). As for stats, I'd say if stats and instincts go well and whoever has that combination wins this. High enough numbers on stats and good reaction time gives edge to battles.

You can't just dodge starburst stream. Kirito has the highest reaction speed in the game, not keith. If anything, none of keiths hits would land on him. Being faster than kirito isn't something you can claim. Also im sure the game doesn't have a set pattern for starburst streams attacks. What i mean by that is that the patterns of the attacks is dependant on the size and movement of his opponent. How else do you think it works on giant bosses as well as players? If his targets move and dodge one attack then the next strike will be aimed at the target again. It's not one strike aiming in a single direction, every strike is aimed. Also two blades against one. That in itself puts Keith at an extreme disadvantage already. Im still wondering how you came up with the decision that keith would be able to take him on in the first place. I really don't know how smart keith is but you'd have to be a genius to be to smarter than kirito (take into account the age) The kid calculates the volume of his cake before he eats it! Crazy right? So don't mistake him for a reckless brute. He's no sinon either, i don't know where you got his 'extreme anxiety' from, if you're only taking his age into consideration then over 80% of the players in sao would be having panic attacks for no reason (Not including the ones who are already dead, we're talking the survivors of the first few floors up untill kirito got starburst steam. Im sure he was hardened by then)

You do realize kirito can analyze attack patterns as proven in GGO not to mention HE KILLED A GOOD PORTION OF LAUGHING COFFIN so that throws out your not used to fighting other players bit out the window. the anime leaves out way too many things you have to read the light novels to get the full picture on just what kirito was capable of. also kirito SOLO'd a field boss and him and asuna double teamed a high floor boss and killed it so i think you're over estimating your OC

Got any were I canine and download these light novels?

Oh nelly, did I start a flame war. First off, everyone, CALM. DOWN. No need to freak out over this. I took FLOOR 9 Keith and put against Floor 50+ Kirito. If Kirito from Floor 9 vs Keith from Floor 9, it would be an auto win for Keith. Kirito was at Keith Floor 9 level by the time everyone was on Floor 40. So if we were to calculate Keith's level by the time everyone was at Floor 100, 46 divided by 9 equals 5.1, then 5.1 times 91 remaining floors equals... 464. That's roughly the level Keith will be on Floor 100. That's enough to kill Kirito four times over. So first, stop riding me about all this, because I used calculations to make it fair, by breaking logic in a time line sense. And as well, Kirito did NOT kill all of Laughing Coffin. He hardly killed a fraction. When out of SAO, he admits to only killing TWO. Hey, there's a fact you can take to the bank! Wait, Kirito killed only two during his whole career, and Keith killed three during his first day only at level one? And wait, he's STILL taking down more player killers as of this moment right now? Well, I'll be! He does have more experience! Next issue, Kirito's mentality. Let me get one thing out of the way. Kirito's personality is awfully written. Everyone agrees this is a problem. He seems to have no consistent attitude, and even the creator openly admits during an interview, he couldn't decide how Kirito's attitude and mannerisms should be during the writing of SAO. Now, still got a problem? Oh, Kirito's reaction speed. Well allow me to reiterate, if I may.

RPG IS NOT CANON.

Which means, when Kirito was claimed to have the highest reaction speed, no RPG characters were taken into account during this. Sooooo... Hind sight it 20-20. Judging by a balanced leveling system, Keith sole focus is as much speed as possible. While there is no explanation for Kirito's fast reaction time, while also being able to keep his other stats leveled. If Keith's primary focus is speed, and Kirito balances his stats, then well, I'll let you make the call.

This has turned into quite the argument to say the least...Personally, with all of this I think it's hard to really take into account all the variables. For instance let's just take equipment into account. If it is what it is now, how all items do a base of 1 damage and considering how we use a low number kinda system where SAO is where one attack can do like 2k or something then Keith would be destroyed by an auto attack. However I doubt thats how this is being handled. If we put them onto the same level and all then we have to at least speak about equipment. What would Keith's equipment stats look like if it was on par with the anime or what would Kirito's equipment stats look like if they were on par with this sites? Considering how Elucidator is upgraded to like 60+ and Dark Repluser to 50+(I think). I've personally in mmos have done a lot of pvp duels and I'm sure a good amount of you have as well. Isn't equipment a huge part of that? Where essentially if you do have the right equipment you can decimate a lot of people. Yes you did go into detail about the equipment, I wasn't that ignorant to just ignore something like that but I'm talking about the actual stats of said equipment since thats more of a recognizable number for data to boil down to a calculation like this. Onto fighting styles, from what I've read, Keith is all about speed and Kirito is the dual wielding balanced type of fighter. Being a track runner irl for keith definitely would give him a stamina advantage I suppose but didn't Kirito take kendo for a while? Giving him SOME swordsmanship backgrounds although ignorable since he quit shortly after(If I'm right? I may just be saying stupid [censored] here.) To be honest, with boiled down calculations you can't really pinpoint a winner of a duel(unless its like, for example, a fencing master against an amateur) since you have to take in account a lot of variables and things that might just...happen. Such as fumbles or something like that. If sao uses the nervous system(which it does) so you can control your character like how you act in real life then fumbles are a possibility. Just my two cents on this debate, be it ignorable since I haven't read any of the novels, just watched the anime and I don't know enough about Keith to actually put in a verdict for something like this so....for me I'd say there's just too many things to take into account to declare a winner in something like this.

well I didn't say that Keith will win, he just have an advantage on the skill assuming all info jotted down are concrete. I agree also with London about this. It's true that we can't just say that Starbust will fail and my apologies on saying that he will hit air but assuming that only 50 hits out of 85 combos hit then someone like Keith will survive after taking it on. Facing someone with two swords is also a problem. Let us say Keith dodge elucidator, there's a chance the repulsor might hit. Just like London said there's too much to take in to declare who'll win so why not just do a rematch?  :-P

Considering Kirito was the strongest player in SAO you're making some pretty big assumptions. Ok you're just talking about sao rpg? Then use sao-rpgs system. There's no point mixing of the two then saying, 'Oh its not cannon so math'. Keep in mind Sao-Rpgs levelling is not the same as SAOs levelling. Your numbers and math are irrelevant in this scenario. If you're talking about your second account Kirito then sure of course you'll beat him but if keith where to be put into the actual SAO he would not be able to beat the cannon Kirito, experience or not his reaction speed is not reliant on the basis that he has killed other players or not. Someone can play basketball for 2 years and still be a crappy shooter. His reaction speed is what allows him to use his balanced stats to his advantage. Take a player who is superior to another in every way apart from the speed they can move their body. Now take away the faster players ability to even surprise the other player with their speed or ability to counter. It's a run over no matter how i look at it. Anyone who's played an MMO knows that fundamentally the player with the better overall stats will win. Speed is just a novelty statistic in an MMO. Im also pretty sure SAO has a level cap like any other MMO and 400+ is kinda ridiculous considering the level cap on SAO-RPG is 60. One other thing, at what point was the laughing coffin guild around while everyone was still level 1? On the FIRST day? Just saying. And If we can all agree Kiritos personality was poorly written then why even take it into consideration? 

So i think that just about covers it. 

PS: There's no flame war. Don't get so upset about a pointless argument.