OP - F1 Time to Form A Game Plan (Completed)

Raeyliff looked up at the girl as she said "group raid". Ah, now we're talking. He looked at Tyrius and smiled a confused smile as he was laughing. "Uh, dude? You okay?". He looked at the group as a whole and said. "Well, if we're going on a group raid, we might as well introduce ourselves. My name is Raeyliff, basic equipment, as I'm sure you've noticed, and I'm at level 3." He decided to give them this short introduction to have an atmosphere of trust, so that they can depend on each other in battle and know they level and how much they can handle, otherwise no one would really know anyone else and the group would fail at doing anything. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She got up finally and sent them all a party invitation "Alright lets see, I'm celes, I'm level 19, I am a high dps player. I like to hit fast and hard. I cna do up to 10 damage per hit, though sometimes I use a glaive that provides 9 damage and +1 paralysis to my enemies. What about you guys?" She asked looking around at the group. 

Tyrius stopped laughing almost immediately after he noticed the scar on the player's cheek. "Dude, Tomoya," he said in concern, "What did you do to get that?" Tyrius looked at the player who asked if he was okay and said, "I'm fine. I was remembering when me and Tomoya here had a portal incident." At that, Tyrius stiffled a laugh and tried to keep a straight face. Was Tomoya screwing with him? And where did he get that scar? Was it an avatar modification? Do those even exist?

Sousuke gasped when he heard his twin brothers name mentioned by the boy who was laughing it seems they had been friends at some point and he had to break the news to him since he seemed have not have been told. ''Im sorry my friend but Tomoya is my twin brother he was ... killed not to long ago in front of me im afraid you have mistaken me for him, this scar I received at the age of 14 in afghan during the war I was a secret service agent before I entered the world of SAO.'' I explained ''As for the rest of you my names Sousuke I'm ex military and am very well versed in combat techniques and manoeuvres I hid hard and I hit fast and can cripple the enemy with my strength and precision leaving them with some nasty wounds. I can hit as high as an 8 If I land a critical and activate my bleed effect on the same turn.'' he explained to the group

Tyrius froze. This had to be some sort of sick joke. He looked at Sousuke, whom he still thought was Tomoya, and said, "Tomoya, that's not a nice thing to say at all. Don't say stuff like that. And besides, do you really think that I would buy that ex-military crap? Come on now, be serious." Tyrius looked at Celes, remembering the group raid stuff and said, "I'm a level 6, only capable of doing three points of damage at max. So, yeah..."

Sousuke shook his head in disbelief he really was naïve this kid. ''Excuse me my friend but check your friends list and you will see my brother listed as deceased he was killed because a guy called zelruis placed a 10000 col bounty on his head since he killed 3 of his goons and became a pker.'' He leaned against the wall he was getting sick of people not believing his past but who was he to make them believe something so far fetched after all its not like its every day you meet a 16 year old sergeant whom was in a secret private military contract group or anything.

"Well it seems like things just got a little real here for a second...Guess that's a good reminder of our mortality in this game. There is no extra lives, we need to be careful."

Calrex nodded to Raeyliff and Sousuke as they explained their stats, as well as their background and experience in the game. He put his hands in his pockets and put on a calm face as he let the conversation continue. It seemed like Tyrius and had some kind of connection to Sousuke's brother Tomoya, at least from the way the conversation was going.

"As in an awkward direction...I wonder if this is some kind of coping mechanism."

He gave a soft sigh and decided to continue the other part of the conversation, giving his stats.

"Looks like I'm the biggest newbie in this group."

"Looking forward to working with all of you. I'm Calrex, level 1. I've got some background in martial arts techniques and lots of previous game knowledge outside of SAO, so hopefully it comes in handy and helps to make up for my current lacking in ability."

He put his hand behind his head and put on and awkward smile to add to his sentence.

Raeyliff looked at Calrex and smiled. He seems to be calm and cool about everything. What a nice kid. He turned his attention back to the guy who kept talking about Tomoya and the guy with the killed brother. Wait, if his brother was a killer, then can we assume that he is similar? No, not at the moment. Leave him be and keep an eye on him. But I'm pretty sure he's fine. "Okay, guys...how about we sit down and we can all talk this through or something, plan it out, and then go? It seems like we still need to catch up on old times or talk about stuff and things, so it's better if we sit down. Shall we?" 

Celes watched as people fleshed out their differences "Tyrius, its true, this is Sosuke. He's, different than tom." She looked around at all of them "What skills, if any, do you guys have so far? Anyone that can absorb damage, cause paralysys, use a disguise, anything like that?" She asked, formulating a plan in her mind. She could attack first, using her abilities to draw the attention of the monsters. Then they could hack at it and slowly whittle it down. 

Tyrius ignored what Celes said about Sousuke, still not believing any of them. He thought about his abilities and said quietly, "Nothing special about me. I could be an effective meat-shield though, take a couple points of damage for ya'll." Tyrius started laughing at his own joke, but on the inside he thought it was a bit messed up. He started thinking, and asked Celes in a whisper, "Say, what're we gonna be fighting?"

Sousuke added his abilities to the mix. ''Im fast and have have higher health than your average player so I can distract the enemy and lure them away from you guys and deal out damage to match so im fine with taking the aggro role in a group fight situation.'' he said eyeing the boy named tyrius cautiously. He seemed in denial or to be suffering some form of psychological trauma.

Raeyliff raised his hands, smiling shamefully "I'm still a beginner, so I still don't have much to give this group. Sorry. I am Rank 1 in Two Handed Battle Axe, though, if you want to call that a thing." he said, then lowered his hands and looked at them. They all seemed to be so much better than him he wondered if he was even of significance to this team. Sometimes when you become something the team doesn't need, you'll end up being kicked out...or worse...

Calrex looked over at Raeyliff as he suggested that the group take a seat to discuss things in detail.

"A good point. If what Celes said is right and we are going to do a raid first and foremost, we need a plan. From what I remember of past games, most raids have some kind of mini-boss and final boss that almost require exploiting their weakpoints. We'll need to form some kind of strategy to be able to expose those and take advantage of them."

"Probably a good idea. Right now I probably won't be of much use in combat, depending on what it is we're going to be encountering, but I am fairly observant, so I could probably help with gathering information on the fly. Not really sure what else I can contribute at the moment"

He looked over at Celes as he decided to take a seat. He bent his left leg and let his knee point upwards while hie right leg crossed underneath it, letting his left arm rest on his left leg. "I am curious as well, what particular encounter do you have in mind?"

"Actually," Tyrius said so quietly that only the people right next to him could hear, "I don't think I'm going to participate in this, sorry." He took a few steps back, looked the group over, mentally taking note of Calrex's name should they meet again, and turned around. As he walked away, he ran through the scenario he had been thinking about. Obviously, Tomoya and Celes PM'd eachother so they could play that prank. That bothered the crap out of Tyrius, though, and frustrated him, too. Then a thought that he had been trying to ignore made it's way into his head, What if Tomoya really is dead?

Calrex looked over as Tyrius decided to pass on the raid and excuse himself from the group, giving a slight nod.

"Seems like he's got a lot on his mind. Guess it would be better if he didn't go participating in a raid in that kind of mental state. I wonder if he's coping with the fact that Sousuke said his acquaintance, Tomoya, was killed. Oh well, it's none of my business, so I'd best not give it any thought at the moment."

He grasped his left leg with his left arm, lifting it up and setting it back down to keep the "blood" flowing through it, mostly so it didn't fall asleep.

"I wonder how intense the combat is going to be..."

Sousuke took on the roll of tactician since celesmeh was staring into space quite stupidly in his opinion. ''So guys judging from the information I have received this shouldn't be to tough for those who are familiar to the game and will be a great experience for the newer ones to join in and experience how things work.'' He explained to the group. ''Expect wolves boars and goblins and a simple raid boss whom we don't know much about yet so gather your weapons and lets get to it!'' he said with a fist pump

Raeyliff frowned a bit as Tyrius left. Oh well, hopefully he'll get better on his own. He has plenty of time to figure things out. Raeyliff looked towards the next person that talked, which was Sousuke, and smiled. The eagerness and excitement in his voice actually made Raeyliff feel like this was going to happen. He looked towards Sousuke and nodded in approval. 

Running down an alley, Teayre burst into the plaza as she did so her foot caught on a pebble underneath sending her flying towards Calrex. Crashing into the floor in front of him Teayre looks up, tears begin to form in her eyes as she sees the group all pumped up and begins to apologise.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to umm... interrupt or anything, I've just started the game as you could probably tell and... and... I'm clumsy and I'm really sorry... Are you guys going on a raid? Is this your meeting thing for tactics... Oh god I'm so sorry! I know I shouldn't rush anywhere, but I got excited... and... well.. I'm sorry!"

As she finishes sniffling, Teayre hangs her head whilst on her hands and knee's and small splash marks start to appear below her face, where it is very apparent she is crying. 

Celes went to sit down with them and began to lay out a plan "Okay, this is the first floor so the raid is easy enough, the caves have four rooms, each with 1-4 (Generated by the D4 dice) monsters in it. The smaller ones have about 10-25 HP, then theres the boss room. The boss room will have The boss and two minions. The boss has 60 HP, the minions 25 each. Theres four of us. Two that can attract damage. I''m our biggest damage dealer but for this i can double as our tank. since this is floor 1 they only deal one damage, until we get to the boss who deals 3. I have the ability to paralyze enemies for a turn, if you want, but that means i deal slightly less damage. I'm also an alchemist so i can provide us with some potions and crystals to help us out."  

Finishing she looked at the ground, and the newcomer "So what do you say? ready for the raid? Or should souske make everyone some uncommon item for each of you just, some damage mitigation?" she said smiling at sosuke "I dont mind paying for them, why dont we get them equipped before we head out?"

Calrex nodded as Sousuke and Raeyliff got themselves pumped for the raid, "Let's do this...?"

He looked down as he watched a person thud on the floor just in front of him, getting up and suddenly unleashing a flurry of apologetic words at the group. Going from her equipment she was a new player as well.

"And possibly not used to movement in the game?"

Calrex shook his head quickly snap himself back to "reality," bending on one knee, "Now how should I approach this? I guess sympathetic would be effective."

"Hey are you alright? That looked like a nasty faceplant. Here, need a hand getting up?"

He extended a hand as an offer, listening as Celes gave her two bits about the raid and her knowledge of the enemies inside. He looked over as he spoke, "Would it be doable with my basic equipment? I don't want to put you out anything if it's not necessary."