(OP-F1~F6) New Player

I close my eyes. "Link start." I whisper and close my eyes. When I reopen them I'm in the middle of a town with others appearing around me in a flash of blue light. I start walking around to the same tree I always sat by when I was beta testing. I close my eyes and rest them for a few minutes. I hear footsteps approach. "Excuse me?" I look up to see who it was.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arekkusu looked down at a familiar face that he remembered, not in the happiest of moments, but it brat any of the recent abuse Arekkusu had to endure. Besides, it was while Arekkusu was level 7 and much more naive. For one thing, he taught himself not to start fights, and just by doing that alone, he gets into much more. Still, he can take care of himself now, though his grief did slow his previous plan of helping new players get through. For one thing, they aren't as often to come across anymore, not even on the first floor. So Arekkusu would just stay high up on roofs of NPC people and look down. When he saw Tyrius, that caught his attention. A player beside him, Arekkusu listened, but he wasn't going to interfere, not yet. It would ruin the experience of killing monsters if he came in aimlessly and swung at the monsters. That kind of kills the experience for new players, so when the danger is high, that's when he goes in. But for now, playing hide and no seek is fun. If only he had the hiding skill though...

Arekkusu shuttered hearing those two words. Beta Tester... Did she have anything to do with DAN!? Arekkusu gripped his blade before he then realized that wasn't the case, she would be a lot more powerful. Dan wouldn't release a new player to prevent higher leveled players into the game. But the conversation grows more interesting as they both speak, but Arekkusu had no input in it, giving him the advantage in hiding. He let go of his blade, barely hearing the conversation, but heard enough from that distance. He needed to get closer, which was where Ignite came in. He brought out the Phoenix Bird from his inventory and had her fly down to gather a little bit of Intel. However, he turned off her flames so she doesn't look like a threat, and if anything goes wrong, he can pull her out. "I just wish there was an easier way to live, but it's not easy to do that in either world." Arekkusu said to himself.

(Not trying to be mean, but be careful with 1-2 liners, you could get in serious trouble for that 3:)

Tyrius laughed and said, "Memory lane. Man, all my best memories are here. Except for the breakdowns." His voice was quiet as he finished, but he decided to lighten his mood by singing to himself:

"We had a plan to build a wall,

A great divide that would never fall."

As he sang, he couldn't help but feel like he was being watched. He looked around uneasily.

"You're voice is very beautiful.." Destiny murmured as she approached the stranger.  She smiled and held out her hand to the stranger.  "Hello.." she said warmly. " My name is Destiny."  Destiny looked past the singer and saw a rather familiar face.  "Why hello there."  she said to Arekkusu as she waved to him with her finger tips. It had been not too long since she had seen her nephew and she was; as always, happy to see him. 

"Damn it!" Arekkusu said from the roof. Since everyone knew that he was there now, he had no need to hide up there anymore. Still, does he run or does he go down to greet them all. When he travels with a group, he kills the monsters way too quickly, making the lower leveled players mad since they were supposed to level up by killing. If he were to go with them, he would do the same. It's not like he tries to kill the monsters in one strike... it just, happens. Arekkusu cant change it either, this blade is the only one he can use, and skill changes aren't possible. Base Damage is unavoidable as well, so by default, Arekkusu is supposed to inflict at least 10 damage to an enemy without choice. If he ventured with these people, he could ruin their day.

Then again... all players need help, and it certainly beats death. Death is really unavoidable, but it's how it happens that makes it good or bad. Dying in Aincrad, that's way worse than bad. Arekkusu paced Ignite on his finger once again, this time Arekkusu was standing on the roof. He didn't move from where he as standing, he was still split on whether he should stay or go. "It's nice to see you again Destiny." Arekkusu said as he looked down onto the three.

I looked a round at the group of other players beginning to gather around me and the tree. "Well...seems like you've all been aquatinted. Allow me to introduce myself." I stand up straighter. "I'm Wynter. One of the newest players. Not sure if you've heard but I'm not the only new player here. Many others were launched this morning. They're all beta testers." I frown. "But not the bad kind..."

"The good ones?" Arekkusu asked. He wondered why so late, why did they have to be released so late into the game, to make sure they don't help those who aren't beta testers. "All right, before we carry out this conversation, I'd like to say that mine name is Arekkusu. I'm a Power Swordsman of the game. So Wynter, I'm not sure this is a fair question at all, and I highly doubt you know the answer to this question. Even if you do, I'm not forcing you to answer the question. Why were all the good... or at least, non-bad Bet Testers released so late into the game? It's been... a year? Yeah, it's been a yeah so far."

Arekkusu then looked at Tyrius, it seems Arekkusus presence had shaken him up. Arekkusu wasn't planning to hurt him, that day was just awful for everyone. And it' not like anyone was innocent on the day they met. Arekkusu didn't remember holding up a blade to Tyrius, and so far, didn't plan to, just as long as nothing crazy as killing another player occurs, everything should be fine. "Hey there Tyrius." Arekkusu said calmly. "Things have gotten worse really, a lot worse since the... incident... the incident we had, that's nothing compared to the hell I've been going through. But it makes me stronger now. So I can't complain. As for yourself?"

"To be honest the only thing I know about our late release is that the creators sent us in to help out. And I don't even know if that's true. I've yet to see anyone I knew during beta testing and I'm starting to get worried...we weren't that experienced but we knew what we were doing so I know they aren't dead but missing is enough to scare me a little." I laugh slightly.

Destiny looked around at the other's as they all spoke.  It seemed as though her little nephew was more popular than she had thought.  "Well.. Unless if you all want to stand around here and do nothing, we could all go and grab some grub.  It would be rather nice..."  She said as she started to walk away from the group.  Destiny turned back and looked at them when she said,  "And all of its on me."  she winked at the group and gave them a little wave as she walked to the place where she was thinking to eat.  

Destiny patted the newest player on the head and proceeded to say, "Don't worry about it. Everything is on the house." She said as she smiled and winked at the new acquaintance. Destiny gave them a thumbs up and paused for a second. She looked back and saw that the singer was joining. But her nephew had yet to say anything. "Well Arekkusu?"

Arekkusu looked down at them, then smiled. It was nice to see that everyone was actually enjoying themselves. Arekkusu grabbed onto Ignites claws as she dragged him down slowly. Then Arekkusu laanded gracefully on the ground and bowed formally as if he were in a performance. If only he played his Violin on the way down.

"I'm not letting you pay it on your own." Arekkusu said to his aunt as he smiled at her. He sheathed his blade to its holder and flicked through his inventory. He pulled out 500 Col for her to use and handed it to her in a small bag. "I'm coming with you guys. Any expenses are on me. By the way Tyrius, I must commend you on your voice. It's the first voice I've heard that doesn't break glass. I'll pay you good just for you to sing again."

-Lost 500 Col-