A New Player Emerges [OP - F1]

I sigh a long and exasperated sigh and then look at the ceiling. "So...we can't go back until we reach level 100...how is that making you feel?" I look back at him, " I for one don't really know how I'm supposed to feel. Mixed feelings I guess. Scared of dying but at the same time...we can live in a video game! I mean isn't that exciting?"

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rub the back of my neck nervously. "No, I'm fine. Just got really busy since mom, dad, and Jack died..." I whisper the last part and blink back tears.

~flashback~

It was a cold Saturday afternoon. Mom and dad just went to get my brother Jack from band practice and they left me home. I started hearing a loud banging on the front door. I run down the stairs and answer the door. It was the police, they told me the bad news. My family all died in a tragic car accident. After that I went to live on my own and stayed away from people as much as possible.

Felix got out of his chair stood her up from her chair and hugged her tightly "Im so sorry" a tear rolls down his cheek. it reminds me of times when we played games and jack got mad" he giggles a bit then goes back to sadness. He hugs her closer "you could have told me I love you like a sister you know that Wytner i don't wanna loose you ever" he kisses her forehead.

I let some tears fall down my face and I grip onto him tightly. I've never cried freely about it. This felt great. It's been 2 years since their deaths and I've only just now talked about it with anyone. "Remember that one night when dad was on a business trip and mom let us stay up until 3 in the morning watching scary movies with Jacks friends and then we couldn't sleep because we were so scared?" I laughed a little but it only made the tears fall harder. "Maybe if I would've gone with I could've helped somehow and they'd still be here."

Arekkusu crossed his arms as he leaned his back on an NPC shop. He yawned as he did so, he just woke up, but hearing and seeing new players arrive on the first floor, he wanted as many players ready as possible. From what Arekkusu heard, the front lines are losing members in the boss fight. And Arekkusu was here, feeling so helpless, no matter how strong he was now, he can't just jump into that fight and slash his sword. The doors have been closed, and Arekkusu chose the safety of the towns than to fight. He was somewhat glad about that, he could've died easily provided he actually went.

Now Arekkusu tried to prepare new players and make them strong, not only for them to be prepared for the front lines, but for them to defend themselves. Also, to make sure players aren't lonely either and at least have one powerful ally to count on for help. He wasn't the strongest, but he most certainly wasn't a weak player either... so why doesn't he want to go inside? There was a new player, and there was Wynter, who seemed to be losing her looks of being new. She is leveling up, just like everyone else. Arekkusu just kept on listening for the current moment, keeping himself out of sight until they actually say something that sparked an interest. But the way they are talking... it was different... and yet familiar...

Walking down the road after resting from his grind, it took forever seeing as there was hardly anything to hunt but he got a few kills in, getting used to his khopesh once more he was walking down the road, the blunt inside of it resting on his shoulder, he saw Arekkusu in front of him and stopped. He was about to say hello before he saw him leaning around a corner an watching some people on the other side, so instead he walks up to him slowly, his noon cloth shoes not making much noise of the cobblestone floor. But nevertheless he wasn't sneaking at all, just walking up to the wall.

He reached the wall soon after and stopped just next to Arekkusu before saying "Sup? Hey ... Feel like trying to help me fight a mob or Gil hunting again today? ... [censored] you looking at anyways?" With this he leant around the corner and tea the name of the girl above her head "Wynter huh? She looks cute you go getter you" he sai this with a small chuckle and a light punch on the arm as he waited for a response, but his chipper attitude was draining, he felt like the more he was going to get stronger, the more he'd turn into his virtual role model, the helpful yet cold hearted type who does nothing but help ad then leaves as soon as they were alright, but he needed to get there first and to do so he needed to get stronger. This guy was willing to help and he helped out with him and his noob friend before

"They...just remind me of someone... that's all." Arekkusu said to himself as he began to lose himself in thought. There was one person he remembered that was his friend while he was in 2nd grade. She was a huge gamer... anything for the game... he wondered where she went. He didn't remember her name, but he remember how she looks whenever they would video call. It's been a year now since he had been in touch with her. She and Arekkusu would always hang out and mess with each other, playing pranks and laughing. In the end, they grab a bite to eat with five dollars each, getting some cheeseburgers and fries. She moved away, out of state, leaving a Skype name with him. He had never actually saw her in real life ever since then... just on a camera. And much less often when Arekkusus father had died. These two reminded Arekkusu of that, and he was actually smiling for once. Not a sly grin or a small smile, but an actual smile that he used to have when he was a kid. "Besides, I already have a girlfriend."

"More new players are coming recently." Arekkusu aid to Wynter as he kept his eyes closed and his arms crossed. The more new players in the game, the much better it is for anyone to survive in the game. The chances are higher, more varieties for the front lines, for more players to be released, it was amazing. And Arekkusu made it his duty to give them a good headstart in the game so that they will be ready for whatever this life has for them. "The more releases, I never saw so much as a handful. New players released early suffered miserably in order to survive, my goal is to make sure no new players end up like that. I saw one die because I let her die... it was an accident, just 1 boar, she chose the right enemy, but was unlucky and died... I can't let that happen to anyone else...so I just hang around on this floor and offer help."

Malakath grinned when she approached and shook it. "Malakath, pleased to meet you." He shook her hand and a small smile appeared on his face. He looked to Arekkusu and nodded at the stuff he was saying. "The problem arises when people believe we have the numbers to throw bodies at bosses to clear them, which is by no means good for anyone. Which is why I am legitimately trying to get as high a level I can. I am grateful Arekkusu here is attempting to aid me with this. Also I'm sorry for your loss Arekkusu. I did not know." 

Malakath then realised that whilst doing this he was still holding Wynter's hand and he quickly blushed and recoiled "I apologise miss Wynter ... I generally am flirtatious, and you are in fact. Very pretty indeed" it was at this point he released her hand and winked at her, luckily his collar was masking his blushing face

"Now's not the time!" Arekkusu exclaimed with his arms crossed and his eyes closed, his tone with annoyance. Complimenting a girl i one thing, trying to date her while in front of people is a whole new level in which Arekkusu is way too embarrassed to be around. There was a small red Hashtag on his head, showing how annoyed he was. "Don't start with that now, now while I'm here, I can't stand that sort of thing. I'm sorry bout that Wynter and... I'm sorry, I don't think I know you yet dude. Who are you?"