[PP-F5] << The Traveler>> No Cargo Is Left Behind (Brayden, ____, Raeyliff, and Ariel)

Raeyliff teleported to Floor 5 and went up to the location where he would meet the girl that called herself "Red" and his old friend Brayden for a quest that they planned on doing. It seemed like a pretty okay quest, hopefully easy to do, and was curious about the rewards of this quest. He opened his menu and looked at his map to the place he had marked to where Red told them that they would meet, which was near a small town that may or may not be where the quest took place. He felt really hot under the heat of the sun, and with only some wind here and there to cool you ever five minutes. He walked over to the place marked on his map and sat down under the shade of the nearest tree he found and waited for both Brayden and Red to show up. I wonder who will show up first....he thought, before thinking about other stuff on his mind as well.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red had been told about another quest, one that promised some really handsome rewards. The most important one being that it offered an extra skill, one that didn't require the player to level up. Red needed whatever she could get at this point to increase her survivability, she really did enjoy this place. This time around, she had someone to accompany her along the way, but it was a guy. She was nervous, considering the quest went out of the safe zones of town, though she had to stop guilting her perception of everyone without reason. It was a stranger, not someone looking to snag her. There wasn't a reason to, why would he? She took a few moments to calm herself before pulling down her hood and coming out from the corner of the house, "Hi, Raeyliff." She still wasn't sure about this...

Today Ariel was on the 5th floor, following her map to a specific meeting place. After communicating with a group about joining a quest, she decided to close the shop for the day and go to the 5th floor to meet them. She didn't knew how they looked, as they briefly communicated only by written messages (PMs). She was excited to see with whom she will embark onto this new adventure.

As she nearly reached the meeting place she could see a couple of people chatting in the shade of a tree. She approached them smiling and waves, while greeting them. "Hello, my name is Ariel. I talked with Raeyliff via PMs about a doing a group quest. Is this the right meeting place?"

Raeyliff looked at the girl in front of him, Red, and smiled. "Hello there, Red. How are you?" he asked. She was looking at the ground and seemed a bit nervous or scared. "Hey, there's no need to worry about this quest. I'm sure we'll do just fine." he said, trying to comfort her. He looked around and saw Ariel approach them and then said "Hey, Ariel. Yeah, this is the right meeting place. We're waiting on Brayden at the moment, but we can start talking, maybe get to know each other a bit more and stuff. Sounds good?" he asked. The most important thing in a group is to know every person in it and to have a good relationship with them, or else things might go bad at the battlefield. Brayden should be coming soon, I guess. he thought.

it appears she was at the right place. She then started introducing herself: "Don't mind if I do, firstly my full name is Kayla Ariel D'Sole. As you can see I wield a rapier-type weapon."She unsheathed her new weapon she received for free from the little blacksmith girl a few days ago. It was a beautifully crafted rapier, with unusual black blade and a (cross)guard that had the form of rose leaves. "As you can guess I'm a DPS, or better said a damage dealer. I lack in armor for now, but I'm working on acquiring some nice light armor." She placed the blade with the tip facing down and gently stabbed the earth, while placing her hands over the pommel, assuming a guar-like stance. "I also have recently opened a Tailoring shop on the 4th floor, below. But decided to close up early today, so that I may join you guys on this quest. The shops name is "The Lion's Den", so don't hesitate to come by and say "HI" sometime. Who knows maybe I'll make you a good deal." She let out a big smile while saying that.

Raeyliff seemed to be pretty calm about the arrangments, welcoming her with an honest smile. She returned the smile, hoping not to offend, "I'm doing well." He picked up on the impression that she was a bit uneasy with the quest, much to her own surprise. Am I really revealing my emotions that badly? She took a deep breath in, then let it flow out, before looking back up, "I'm sure we'll be alright." Did that sound confident enough? She felt so out of place thinking about these sorts of things, though she knew not to blame herself. It had been three years since she had any form of social interaction... Three years...

That was when a third person's voice interrupted them, claiming to be Ariel. As it had turned out, Raeyliff and her had been messaging each other about the quest. She hadn't been informed so it brought about a bit of tension. Just how many people did he invite? Including Brayden, that's instantly two people she hadn't known about and-... She paused to clear her mind, she was simply overreacting and leaping to conclusions. This was a golden opportunity to meet new friends, start anew, and do all the things she wish she could have in the real world. Introducing themselves would be a great first step, "I think that would be a good idea."

The female was pretty open about herself, so much so that she even revealed her full name. She had been told that players weren't really into telling each other personal details so this was nothing short of an unusual contradiction. However, that's not what caught her full attention. It wasn't until she said she was a rapier user and tailor that Red perked up, not hesitating to take over the second spot to introduce herself, "Oh, wow. What are the odds?" She pulled her sword from her sheathe, though it was far more lacking in fancy details, "I use a rapier too, plus I'm also a tailor. I've got a shop on this floor called Pins and Needles. Perhaps we can trade some ideas and crafts later."

She was right, this was a golden opportunity.

Raeyliff leaned against the tree and listened to both of them. They both have rapiers, and have a profession. That's actually pretty impressive. he thought. After they had both finished about what they used as a weapon, he took a couple of steps back and pulled out his battle-axe with both  hands. Helsependel....Helsependel. "Well, I'm a battle-axe user. I'm currently at level 6, and I have high hopes for becoming an alchemist at some point." he said. There was not much to say about him, and he felt like he was a beginner compared to them. Maybe he had been wasting his time, and needed to practice more...or at least he thought so. 

Brayden had been late, because his dinner had taken forever to come out, the three cheese chicken Penne. Now, on floor 5 rather than floor 2 where he was only moments ago, Brayden ran in search of raeyliff to help him on the quest the traveler, which Brayden had never read anything about. Brayden found them in a while of running and walked over, quickly stating a apoligy.

'I am so sorry guys, the NPC was being much to slow with my dinner, and it took forever! Sorry!" Brayden then turned around to see two others. Not the largest group, but it as always good to be cautious with large groups and parties. Assuming they hadn't already partied yet, Brayden quickly sent them all Party requests, apoligizing once more.

Raeyliff seemed to be pretty similar to the other two members of the party, only introducing himself by his name, weapon, and profession or lack thereof. They all looked like they were fresh starters to the game, hovering within a level of each other, which was certainly a relief to Red. She wouldn't have to rely on them in case something went bad, they were all nearly as capable of each other. Of course, she didn't know their skills or weapon enchantments so maybe it wasn't as balanced as she thought. Not too soon after, the (hopefully) last member of the party showed up. He sent his party request and it turned out he was Brayden as Raeycliff had mentioned, but he had a little... "Um, excuse me. You have a little something right here." She pointed to the right corner of her lip, showing Brayden where to wipe.

She turned towards Raeyliff as he took 2 steps back and brandished his battleaxe. "Good *she thought* variety is important in a group", then the girl next to Ariel brandished her rapier as well telling her that she had a tailor shop as well and wanted to trade suggestions. Ariel was happy that the group was starting to bound from the first time they meet. Knowing your allies before you embark on a quest, is the best preparation. She smiled at the girl and retrieved her black bladed rapier <<The black rose>> and then sheathed it in its scabbards at her waist, while saying: "Sure I would love that...umm" she looked at the party members list, she saw her name then the axe user's name and the third name was just a "___". She didn't knew how to address her but luckily another member arrived, interrupting the akward moment and her course of thoughts in the same time. She replied to him instinctively."Just in time we were getting to know each other a little, I'm Ariel. Nice to meet you!"

Raeyliff saw Brayden walk by and set his battle-axe against the tree before nodding his way. "Hey, long time no see." he said, smiling, before going to sit against the tree to think for himself. Now that the entire group is here we should have Brayden introduce himself before we set off to do this quest. We're all in a decent level, so we should be fine. I wonder if Red wants to say something to us before we go, maybe she wants to take the lead on this quest...now would be a good time to show that, I think. Raeyliff closed his eyes and breathed in deeply before breathing out to relax himself to get ready to do this quest before looking at his battle-axe. I should eat some chocolate after this. he thought.

Brayden just said a quick "hello" to his friend and then turned to the rest of the party, shaking a bit and not speaking, not wanting to make a fool of himself in Sword Art Online, Brayden's escape from reality. Brayden began to think in his mind. FacePalm. Reality Check!Brayden laughed inside his head and then looked to see them all still there. "Well, my name is Brayden and I'm a level 6, and am thirteen years of age. I enjoy many things and helping people. I try to put skill pointns into a handy skill called Charge. And who might you all be?" Brayden slouched a bit and sighed, now that his little speech was over.

It turned out that Ariel would be a bit out of the loop for a while, considering Red wasn't too great at socializing. She figured that they could see her name, forgetting that she had chosen one of the most mysterious names in the game on mistake. Honestly speaking, she had figured it would be a quick ten or twenty minute venture in this place, nothing like this though. Finally, Brayden introduced himself. He was considerably younger and a level higher than her, she was surprised that there were kids so young in this game. Wasn't there an age limit on this? It was kind of scary too, knowing kids were having to fight for their lives here. If he was thirteen, that meant there had to be other younger ones. She didn't like the thought of an eight year old having to survive under such conditions and not being able to see their family, "Well, I believe that covers it. Shall we begin the quest?" She opened up the menu and accepted the quest, "No backing out now..."

She turned towards the guy who introduced himself as Brayden. He was lvl 6 like her, huh? then she gave voice to her thoughts "It's good to see that this group is fairly balanced when it comes to level. And that Charge skill might prove in handy. As for myself I only have "One handed Rapier: Rank 2" skill, so I'm more of a damage dealer." She then turned towards the the rapier girl next to her "Okay then where to?*she stops for a second and continues* Sorry to be blunt, but can you tell how do you like to be called? I look at the party member names and see near your picture just 2 horizontal bars."  

Raeyliff looked towards ____ as she accepted the quest and nodded. All of us being into a single party meant that the quest has begun, and that there was no way someone can back out or give up from this. Suffice to say that they go through this, they finish it up, and maybe we can have a little celebration at the end. Standing up, he held his battle-axe with both hands before grinning. "C'mon guys, we've had enough chatting done, and we all know each other pretty well. This quest may or may not have monsters, but I'd recommend keeping your weapons out there in case something attacks. Make sure others are notified that a monster has appeared so that we can help out in case we see that you're in danger. Try to stay close to each other, we don't want to get lost." he said, before grinning and looking back at ____ and hearing Ariel's question, waiting for ____ to answer. 

Brayden had not known anything about this "quest", but Brayden knew it was probably a very big deal to some of the members in their party. Brayden knew it was called the traveler, but still.... Listening to what Raeyliff had said, Bryayden pulled out his dagger and made sure his charge skill was handy. It seemed that Raeyliff had voted himself leader. There was nothing wrong with that to Brayden, Raeyliff and him were buddies. But the other people in the party....Brayden had no idea what they would say. But Brayden was ready for anything.

"Hey guys, does anyone mind telling me what this quest is about?"

Ariel was the first to speak up about Red's strange username, even though Bradley was also curious about it. It hadn't even occured to her that the only one she had spoken with about it was Raeyliff prior to the meet up, "Oh, you can just call me Red." She rubbed the back of her head, "I didn't expect to play for more than a few minutes so I went with that." While it might be unclear why anyone would pick up and play an expensive, brand new game and stop after a few minutes, Red was in a situation where that was the honest truth. Raeyliff suggested that they all gear up and prepare for the quest, though she already had her rapier at her side and buckler equipped. I guess people aren't always prepared after all... She led the way, she wasn't too fond of the dark and even more so for night time in this unusual place. There was no telling what came to be once the sky turned black, but she had always been in town when that time hit. "Let's be on our way then." As she began walking, Bradley proposed a question, "It's a pretty easy one, so I've heard. We just have to make it across the desert and touch the tablet at the Sol Shrine."

"Sounds easy enough, the typical 'go to x and back' quest."though Ariel. She then changed her gaze towards the girl in red "Well, you kind of look like the little Red Riding Hood from the Grimm brother's fairy tale, so I think that name suits you well. As for the quest..it looks like its perfect for a low lvl like me." she shows a small grin and started walking with her, continuing "do you know something about the rewards?" she hoped that it wasn't just some col reward, that she could make by just working in her shop. She hoped for some skill points and with a little luck some skill that didn't appear in the skill tree, something that will bring her closer to her goal. "Do you know what mobs should we be expecting in the desert?" she then turned around towards the guys and said in a cheerful voice: "Hurry up or we'll leave you guys behind." 

Raeyliff followed by next to Brayden as he kept sight of Red and Ariel at all times. Touching a tablet and back...? Doesn't that seem a bit too much of a waste of time to be going all the way through the desert in search of a tablet to touch inside a shrine? How do we know that the monks will take kindly to us touching it? he thought, zoning himself out again. Later on, he took a look at Brayden and smiled. It's been a while since he last saw Brayden, but it wasn't time to talk or ask about his recent adventures just yet. Hearing Ariel telling them to catch up, he took a look at Brayden. "C'mon buddy, let's follow by. Keep your eyes open." he said, and then put a friendly hand on Brayden's shoulder before moving forward.

(( OOC: Shall we start the quest now? There's a mistake, I think. The quest is them going to retrieve some lost cargo in the middle of the desert... and if we are to begin now, then this is just a friendly reminder :) : The quest goes from a full day to a full night and then back. As we move in the desert we lose 1 HP every time our Crafting Dice gets a 1. Good luck to all of us :D ))

Brayden had no idea what he was doing, just knew they had to find something in some dessert. If that was it then so be it, the dessert they would go too. Brayden was never a fan of being too hot, but the cold was amazing. All Brayden could think about was while they were there how much he would hate day time and love night time. The dessert was not far from where they were standing from what Brayden could see. Brayden put on his braclet of evasion and equipped his rusted blade of the rogue(dagger), also he prepared his damage potion. Brayden began to walk forward, then yelled "COME ON GUYS!" And then he activated his charge skill, heading towards the dessert.