[PP-F5] << The Traveler>> No Cargo Is Left Behind (Brayden, ____, Raeyliff, and Ariel)

QUEST BEGIN

[7360] 1 - [1] - 19 - 3

___: 14/15

Ariel: 15/15

Raeyliff: 15/15

Bradley: 15/15

((Adjust your health to the correct stats if it is incorrect.))

Red smiled at Ariel's comment, having known about such wonderful tales as a child. She had a lot of time to read back in the orphanage and they were always open for donations, some of which included books. Common books, especially fairy tales and best hits that have died out over time, filled the small library that they had. Her nickname and robe was inspired by the tale, just as she had guessed, "I'm glad you like it." She looked across the desert, "I'm not sure what kind of monsters are out there. I just heard some rumours about the quest itself, but that was the only info I could pick up." She was by no means good at video games, this being her first, but she was trying to learn. She would lead the group into the desert, but she would be perfectly fine with anyone else taking the lead from there. Within a few moments, she'd notice her health would drop a single point, "Whoa, what was that?" She looked around, not seeing any monsters in sight, before shrugging it off and continuing. I must be imagining things...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 7364 CD: 1

They were finally in the middle of the desert, Ariel took a look around her...sand everywhere, Red by her side Brayden in front and Raeyliff a bit in the back. They had to keep their eyes wide open in case some mobs show up, but until now nothing appeared. A gust of wind passed them, Ariel then changed her gaze towards the sky. It was super hot there, but she somehow could manage with her light summer-like clothing. IRL she wouldn't be seen wearing such revealing outfit, but in this game she decided to alter and maybe improve certain aspects of her personality and appearance. It's not like she was insecure about her looks, but under her father's training she had little time to go shopping with friends and buy what people see as "girly" clothes. She revealed a sad smile for a fraction of a second upon remembering a certain fragment from her past. But brushed it quickly when the wind blown and she prevented her skirt from rising, slightly blushing. In the same time her HP bar dropped by 1 but she didn't notice.

[7477 CD:2]

[Raeyliff is not affected]

Raeyliff walked next to Brayden as they moved through the desert. After a while of holding his battle-axe but not seeing anything, he decided to put it on his back and just walk without holding it, so that his arms don't ache later on. He'd been able to carry it for long periods of time in the past few days, but he needed the energy in case of an actual attack. He zoned out to think of what skills did he need that could possibly assist him in carrying the battle-axe effortlessly as he walked with the rest of the group further into the desert. It was still early morning, so they could still take their time if they wanted to. It was a big desert, or so he thought it was. Noticing that Red was looking around, confused, he looked up from the ground. "What's wrong, Red? Did you see something?" he asked. He had been feeling some gentle winds here and there brush across him, carrying some sand, but he hadn't really been affected by it, and didn't think he could be. 

[7691] 5 - [4] - 15 - 10

Ariel: 14/15

Red wasn't entirely sure what it was, but the winds were pretty strong. Perhaps something had gotten her while she was distracted, it seems like Ariel sas dealing with the same problem herself. However, hers was more or less due to the nature of her clothing. I looked at Raeyliff and pretended nothing happened, "I thought I saw a tumbleweed or something. It must have been an illusion." It was entirely possible that they could mimic mirages in this game, wasn't it? After all, this game was nothing short of a well crafted mirage itself. Either way, Red turned back so that she was facing the way they were walking. She pulled the hood of her red cape up, keeping less sand from hitting her face.

Ariel made her way through the desert with Red at her side, the sand was getting to her as well it appeared but she didn't have that much skin covered, or a cape like Red. " Illusions here? I doubt that exists here...but maybe we will meet a desert mob named "Lady Morgana", that I would like to see..a little fight to get my mind off all this sand around... its starting to get on my nerves". She then took a look at Reayliff's axe that was now resting on his back and pointed at it while asking:

"Does that thing get lighter with the level or does its weight parameter remain constant. I for one picked the rapier since it resembles the fencing sword I use in the tournaments. But here, the basic rapier felt lighter, so I had this baby custom made to be a little heavier*puts her hand on her rapier's hilt*..so far as I leveled up, its weight didn't seem to change. It must be a pain to carry that heavy looking axe with you all the time.

ID: 7694  CD:5

[7837 CD: 4]

Raeyliff shrugged. "It stays the same weight but you kind of get used to it after a while. I'm guessing that there are skills out there that can help me have more strength so that I can easily lift it, and those are what I'm going for at the moment. But it just really hurts my hands if I hold it for a very long time, though." he said, smiling a bit. He kept walking forward with Brayden and the rest of the group, but he had to admit that he wasn't a fan of walking for a long time without doing anything much. Nevertheless, this was a quest, and they had to go by its rules. He felt some sand fall on his shoulder as the winds blew, making him frown and brush it off. He wasn't a fan of sand going all over his body. Still though, he'd like to come back after this quest, wash up, and then continue his daily routines. If there was something called a daily routine here. What is that? Wake up, eat, fight all day, eat, sleep, repeat? Well, routines get boring in general. So I guess I can't blame myself if I get bored, even if it is a game. he thought, falling back into his deep thoughts.

((EXTREMELY sorry I didn't post anything a while yesterday! :( ))

[8045] 7 - [2] - 14 - 4

Ariel: 14/15

Ariel didn't believe that it was an illusion and Red didn't really have much belief in it either, she just didn't want to come off as the weirdo seeing and thinking things that weren't there. She made note of a desert mob, "I haven't heard of that one before, anything special about it?" However, whether she answered or not, she would keep the conversation alive by asking about Raeyliff's axe, "She's right, it does look pretty weighty." It turned out to be true, him claiming that it hurt his hands if he carried it for too long, "Oh, perhaps you should cone by my sho-" She stuttered, suddenly remembering she wasn't the only tailor, "One of our shops, we could make your some gloves, right?" She was hoping that Ariel wouldn't mind the slip, but Red would be fine with whoever made them. She didn't have to worry about the weight of her weapon since it was small, even her shield was, but that axe did look heavy.

[8105] CD:1

Ariel quickly noted that Red took seriously her joke about "Lady Morgana" she involuntarily started talking while waving her hand in denial. "No it doesn't exist really exist, "La Fata Morgana" aka "The Lady or Fairy Morgana" is a name that is used for for mirages/illusions. It comes from the sorceress "Morgan Le Fay/ The Fairy" 's name in the Arthurian legend. The old people started using that term to describe sea illusions, they thoughts that the illusions were created by her witchcraft to lure sailors to their death. The illusions were thought to be false lands or fairy castles in the air *she stopped for a second* Ironic right? how now we're searching for something we've never seen before...on a floating castle in the sky."She started laughing softly at that comparison.

Then her face expression suddenly changed to a more serious one as she had a strange feeling. She looked at her HP bar, it wasn't full for some reason although she was certain that it was full when they left. But her thoughts we're interrupted by Red's hesitation. She then let out a huge smile saying:

"You can go at hers, I've got a big battle soon and I have to avoid getting orders for now" She then winked at Red, and started looking around her. She wasn't sure why, but something was....strange.

[8257 CD:5]

Raeyliff walked next to both girls and stayed silent, pretty much unsure of what to say. So far everything had been going well, they've crossed (as he saw on his map) only a quarter of the desert so far. It's been boring, with the winds picking up sand almost always and throwing it directly at Raeyliff, sometimes even in his eyes. It was never painful, just bothersome. Looking up at the health bars of his party members, he noticed that both Red and Ariel had lost 1 HP, but from an unknown source. He looked around and didn't see any monsters, so he shrugged, but that wasn't enough for him. Winds and sand limit our vision. Is it possible that whatever has "attacked" both of the girls is extremely fast, or maybe just an invisible monster? Impossible. I have never heard of such creatures before, but this is Floor 5, and I've never been in it. Let's just keep walking. It's almost 12 PM right now, which means that after some more hours we'll have to call it a day and pack. I think it would be a good idea to get the cargo first, camp, then come back. he thought, looking at the ground as he walked.

[8532] 2 - [8] - 17 - 5

Ariel: 13/15

It turned out that Ariel had only been messing with her, but Red was a little more wary now. She had felt something... she wasn't entirely sure what or why, though something was wrong. While Ariel was talking about the fairy tails relating to the Lady Morgana, it seemed like she noticed too. However, Raeyliff didn't seem too bothered by whatever was out there. He occasionally kept his head on a swivel, but lacked the genuine reaction of the two girls. I'm just imagining things... Too worried about having gone on this quest... They aren't here to hurt me, they're here to help me... It sickened her for a moment to think that Raeyliff or some unannounced entity could have poisoned them or slowly started chipping away at her and Ariel's health without noticing. No, I'm getting paranoid... Just gotta watch out, it might happen again... whatever it is. She looked up, catching on to the last half of Ariel's suggestion, "Oh, yes. That'll be fine. Any time of the day, really. I don't get out much." She nearly choked on her words, that was a terrible thing to admit... ugh.

[8599] CD:5

Ariel had her gaze fixated ahead of them, she might of have seen something there. "Is it a mirage or am I going nuts? but there is definitely something there" She then addressed Raeyliff that was in front of them. "Hey do you see something ahead? I just want to make sure I'm not losing  my mind here..or did I fell under Morgana's charm as well? She took another look at her hp bar... nothing changed since the last time. but she still had -2 from her max HP. She decided to voice her doubts:

"Hey did somebody else get their HP bar lowered, only by a little? I could swear that when we went off I double checked if I had max hp..and now I'm 2 HP short." They might think that the heat got to her..first asking about apparently a mirage in front of them and now this.

[8756 CD:7]

Raeyliff looked at Ariel and shook his head. "No...but yours is, and so is Red's....I wonder why is whatever attacking you guys not attacking me..." he said, and thought. There's not much of a difference between them and I, ,which means that we all should be fine. Yet they were attacked by some unknown enemy...wonder what it is...no matter. Maybe it's an illusion..he thought. "I really can't think of why you guys can get hurt. I mean, unless you're really thirsty or hungry or something...maybe that affects the health. And no, there's nothing ahead except some more sand. The map begs to differ, and says that we're around halfway through the desert, halfway there to our destination." he said, looking back at Ariel. 

[9388] 5 - [2] - 18 - 10

Red was completely oblivious to what was going on, having no idea what could possibly be here in such an isolated territory. Having never played other games, she would never have expected weather to play such a role nor the term damage over time. It was then that Ariel decided to talk about their shared, albeit unvoiced, concerns, "I don't know, but I think the same thing has been happening to me. That's what I was trying to look for, though there's nothing there..." It was incredibly strange and the minimap stated that there were no nearby enemies, but it didn't make any sense whatsoever. "If it isn't an enemy, then what is it...?" She didn't want to imagine Raeyliff was doing something foul, but he was the only one with a full health bar at this point.

ID: 9392  CD: 4

Ariel narrowed her eyes at Raeyliff's suggestion.."That's a rather rude thing to say to a couple of ladies, isn't it? and no, I for one am not hungry or thirsty, hot yes..I hate this sun and sand. But I don't think it's  that severe that is would cause us damage constant damage..or can I be wrong? another option is that, the desert itself is dealing damage to us somehow, like it being a mob with some kind of passive that affect player that roam it." she hesitated for a second before voicing her next thoughts "if not those two, there is another option I would not like to consider...*she hesitated again then continued in a lower tone* might be somebody among us...and seeing as you're the only one with full hp, for me at least you're the prime suspect."Then her voice went back to its usual nuance "But that's just me babbling around random thoughts, please ignore them. On another note, where exactly is our destination? the other side of the desert?? All this time I've only seen sand and it's starting to piss me off honestly."

((how much do you intent on continuing until we find it....we still have the way back to face the desert. And its been for too long since we started..

((Just my opinion..

[9393 CD:1 (thanks a lot guys XD)]

Raeyliff shrugged " I didn't mean to offend you, but hey, I'm thirsty and a bit hungry myself." he said, grinning. He frowned as he heard her say that she thought of him as the enemy and then he shrugged. "Be suspicious of me if you want but it will lead you nowhere.You could be right about the passive attacks, but I wonder why had it-" Raeyliff was cut off by the strong winds scratching his cheek, giving him a small cut right under his eye. It stung, so he put his hands over it. "Ow...so that's what you guys meant by the passive attacks." he said. "At least I can't be a suspect now, can I? " he asked. Looking forward and on his map, he could see that they were fast approaching this thing in the desert, that looked like a cargo. Is that what the woman wanted us to return with from the quest? This cargo? he thought, before looking up. The sun had already begun to set, it was close to night time. Better to make a fire and camp for the night before heading back.

Raeyliff: 14/15

[9397] 3 - [10] - 3 - 6

Ariel seemed to be thinking the same thing as Red, though she had the ability to cross the line and verbally make note of it. Raeyliff didn't take too kindly to the false accusation, even so far as encouraging her to amuse herself with such suggestions. However, he wouldn't have the chance to finish as his health bar would dip a bit, "Wait, I didn't see anything hit you.." She could see the small red cut glow before he covered it up, then she began wondering if she had the same scratches upon her own face. However, she wouldn't have to worry about her health falling to a degree of concern. A small amount of time would pass before the cargo would come onto their sight, but when it did, "Hey, guys! There it is!" She picked up her pace, no longer trudging along, ready to get this weird trip over with.

ID: 9432 CD: 3

Ariel didn't actually want to accuse Raeyliff, she was just pointing out possibilities "Guess I was a little too honest this time." mumbles Ariel, more to herself than the others. Then sees Rae putting his hand on his left cheek, his HP dropped by 1 point as well, she then let out a sigh of relief continuing:

"yeah sorry for that I was just 'thinking out loud'(love this song) possibilities, I hope I didn't offend you to much." she had a feeling it was the desert itself was attacking them, using its sand and winds as weapons "I must be over thinking" she thought before continuing "In any case let's get that cargo and leave this place before we lose more HP. " After some time they finally reached the target, and found the desired cargo, the sunlight was beginning to fade. " I hate to say this but we better think about making camp soon, I don't know if you guys heard, but despite being hot during the day desserts actually are freezing cold during the night."

[9999 CD: 7]

Raeyliff sat down in front of the cargo and looked at both Red and Ariel.. "Well, I'm guessing the first thing to do is build a fire, then build a tent? Do you guys have your items?" he asked, looking at both of them. He wasn't planning on building his tent just yet, he was going to keep watch for the night first. Raeyliff felt some wind brush against him but only felt the small sting of the scratch on his face. He winced a little but was fine otherwise. He stood up and looked at the cargo, which had some goods. Although he was in great need of materials and equipment, he decided not to steal anything from the cargo. After all, this was a quest, and they could fail it if they took anything from the cargo. He looked back at Red and nodded, brushing dust off of himself. "Okay, what do we do, leader?" he asked, smiling.

• 4 weeks later...

ID: 12655 CD:10

Nodding to Raeyliff's suggestion the blond summoned her inventory and pulled out 2 small tents and some blankets. " I'll go set up the tents then after you build the fire, make sure to tell me if you need some items for making a decent dinner. I think I still have some meat from previous hunts." she said while starting working on the tents. Luckily she made them before coming here, while making them wasn't that difficult of a job, assembling them proved out to be the opposite. Never going on a regular camping trip she encountered some difficulties but managed to overcome them, successfully assembling them and turning back at the two: " I'm done here, is there something else to do?"

[12658 CD:3]

Raeyliff nodded and went ahead to form a nice campfire from some sticks he had picked up just in case before they got here, and surrounded the sticks with some stones that were around to make a safe campfire. He put some sticks aside in case they wanted to cook anything on the fire. It took him a while, but he was certain that it was ready to go. He took a look around before looking at the campfire that was still unlit, thinking. "So...does this work by interacting with it or by using flint and steel?" he said to himself, trying to interact with it. It did bring up an option to light a fire but it required flint and steel. Raeyliff smiled and pulled out the flint and steel from his backpack and started to make sparks, and soon was able to light a fire before taking a few steps back and sitting down. Ariel asked if there was anything else to do and Raeyliff shook his head. "Not that I know of. You can go to sleep, I'll watch over things. Coyotes, wolves, rabid dogs...who knows what kind of monsters Kayaba put here?" he asked, grinning.