[PP-F2] Quest: Long Live the Queen

Ariel took a few steps back as Shinex went forward and finished the wasp in one hit. She felt a little embarrassed for reacting like that but it couldn't be helped, she wasn't the type of girl to show her underwear to random guys. "Thanks for intervening Shinex,geez.. this guy just decided to gaze at the sky in the middle of the battle*her voice was getting lower* And I couldn't let him see ...." she stopped speaking out of embarrassment.. she then put her hands on her face..her cheeks were burning, then she took a breath of air and changed her gaze towards X. "Next time you try something like that...let's say that I will be willing to pay the price of becoming a PKer" and with that she started walking away from him and towards Shinex. "So where to now ?" she regained her composure, now asking with a straight face.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I slowly got up off the floor and wiped away the blood from my nose. I looked around while trying not to make eye contact with Ariel. They started talking can't say I was exactly focused. Out of the last five minuets I can't stop reliving 2 in my head.

"Um... What?" I finally managed to let out of my mouth.

They said something about going somewhere I think. Everything's a little "fuzzy" right now. Maybe I lost more blood than think. No wait this is a game maybe I just got up too fast.

Shinex scratched his hair before pulling his mask up. "I think it's fine to fight the queen now." Shinex looked over at X and repeated so he could hear. Shinex stretched and rolled his arms. He didn't really understand why Ariel was blushing a lot even though it's pretty obvious. Shinex chose to focus on something else. That's most likely why he didn't see something so obvious. "We saw the movement of the Wind Wasps. We could assume that the queen will be similar. Just harder I guess."

Ariel Listen to Shinex paying no attention to X for the moment and responded:

"Well I guess this was just a warmup then, fine by me." She looked around hastily, she saw a few regular wasps on the vicinity but none that appeared to be special in some way. She let out a large sigh then turned towards X saying in a normal voice:

"You better not pull something like that when we fight the queen, this may be only the 2nd floor but who knows how strong is that thing. If you stand in my way I'll strike her through you, understood?" She seemed a little irritated by his apparent "not give a [censored]" behaviour, till now he didn't manage to land a single strike on a normal wasp and had still had this carefree attitude, Ariel began to doubt his abilities as a fighter.

I looked around searching for the queen all I could see were regular wasps. Maybe the queen was behind some tree or something. I decided this is probably gonna take a while so I began to practice my regular trick. I set the cutlass on my nose I've gotten so good it barely moves now. While it no doubt is game assisted because seriously a curved sword a cutlass no less balanced vertically on my nose. Either way this some how made the rest of my balancing acts easier.

"So we're we gonna look for this thing?" I asked while my sword stood perfectly in place.

Shinex had his mask up. He was scanning the field for anything bigger than the Wind Wasps. Shinex, Ariel, and X would have regained all their health by now. "It's such a pain looking for this thing. You'd think something big would be easy to find." Shinex groaned. He looked over at the other two. Lets hope their feud will end soon. I don't want to deal with comrades arguing while we fight this thing. Shinex went back scanning the field. "Maybe we should move around. Splitting up may be okay. These wasps shouldn't cause us trouble if they attack while we search." Unless X decides to be lazy again.

While watching X display something close to a royal chester's trick a random thought popped in her head and she asked:
"I know it might sound silly but you think the queen will be near a nest? I don't know about here but IRL the queen bee almost never leaves her hive, so we should search for the biggest concentration of wasp and maybe well see the queen, in worst case scenario killing mobs might lead to the queen spawning quicker." She knew that mobs don't actually follow their real world counterparts, but still hoped that she was right, given the effort the developers put in this game to emulate reality.

Shinex thought about the idea and had one thought. Crap. The fact is that if the queen is in some sort of nest, there is gonna be a crap ton of Wind Wasps. Chances are they'll have to fight some wasps. "Screw it, lets go." Shinex is confident they won't die. Even though X had an event, Shinex trust him and Ariel. I don't plan on dying today. I don't really plan on dying at all. "Do you guys want to go rushing into the nest or try use stealth?" Shinex would ask. What he wanted was the stealthy way. He doesn't want to deal with a whole lot of fighting.

I flicked my head up sending the cutlass up as it came down I fliped forward onto it and began balancing searching around for the green wasp. I saw something wierd in the distance I decided automatically in my head that was the goal. Shinex started saying something about stealth or go right in. Now I wasn't really paying much attention to him I just wanted to know what was over there. For my dismount I kicked one leg forward and back letting my whole body flip with it while it swung back. I landed into a front roll and dug my cutlass off the ground. Time to make a joke.

"Hey guys I used to know a guy who was really good in these situations can you guess what his name is?... LEEROY JEEENKINS!" I yelled the last part as i let into a full on sprint towards the wierd thing I saw a part a mile away.

Watching X dashing towards he knew what, Ariel asked herself with a doubtful face:"Is this guy serious?" then turned towards Shinex answering him:

"I would've prefered stealth, but I guess we don't have a choice now do we?" but to be trustfull she didn't really care. They could fight normal mobs after they defeated the boss. She was more concern for that guy's safety instead...dashing like that out of the blue, he appeared to act on instinct. While that might prove useful in battle, with instinct alone one cannot win. At least that is the conclusion she reached after all these years of training. she started running after X, not wanting to let him out of her sight."Are you coming?" she asked Shinex before she started running.

Shinex tried his best to keep himself from groaning. "Yea, sure." Shinex started to run after X with Ariel. God I think I'll take back on trusting X. Lets just say I won't trust him 100%. Shinex really does think that X will be useful. It's just X's personality that confuses Shinex. At this rate there's no way in hell we'll take down the queen. I really did not want to rush in. Shinex told himself to get over it. He still thinks that some wasps won't be a whole lot of trouble.

I kept running harder than ever it felt great. It reminded me of how hard coach always pushed us on the baseball diamond. It reminded me of how scared I was running from cops. It even reminded me of the first year of this game I spent running on the rooftops of the town of beginings with that NPC. I kept running until I reached the top of the hill I could just see over when I stood on my cutlaas. On my way down I saw something, something angry. Upon being face to face with this thing I ran away. When I reached the top of the hill again I could see my party running this way. That thing was right behind me chasing. I ran down the hill faster than ever. When I reached my two party members I slid underneath Ariel and got up behind her using her as a barrier.

"What the hell is that thing!?!" I yelled as I pointed at the thing coming up the hill.

While running Ariel made a displeased face, "What are we doing here..playing king of the hill? seriously.." she thought while keeping a regular passe. She didn't want to waste her stamina like this. Once he reached the top X then came storming downhill, towards her and slided behind her.

Ariel turned her head around adressing X, "What did you do now?" then she turned towards the top of the cliff. There was something there, but she couldn't distinguish its features. 

Shinex ran in front of his two party members. He turned his head back. "X you idiot!" Shinex quickly unsheathed his sword from his scabbard on the back of his waist. "That's obviously a mob. And it's not a regular Wind Wasp." The mob in front of them did look like a Wind Wasp. However, it was much bigger. "Great job dumb*** you just attracted the queen! Chances are the other Wind Wasps will help out." Shinex didn't know the answer to that. He assumed it due to the mob being somewhat like a boss.

Shinex: 17

Ariel: 17

X: 13

Wind Wasp Queen: 30/30

ID: 7641 BD: 3

Shinex rushed towards the queen with his sword raised. He tried to slice through it. The queen dodged by flying up higher. "What?"

ID: 7642 MD: 10

Shinex looked up and saw the queen above him. The queen used its stinger and stung Shinex in the back. Shinex flew forward but quickly got up. Damn it. Good thing my Light Armor skill lowered the attack.

Shinex: 14 (-3)

I readied my cutlass and flipped over Ariel.

"Ahhhh" I yelled as I charged for the queen.

As I began to near the wasp I jumped up performing an impressive acrobatic display of swordsman ship. I ended up landing on the queens back. Perfect I thought as i swung my cutlass back. But before I could swing it forward to strike the beast I was thrown off. I ended up landing and rolling to my feet.

ID: 7643 battle: 5

Ariel readied her rapier to strike but SOMEBODY decided to attack it before her and they both misses miserably."Guess this is the boss we were looking for huh ? "she then dashed towards it and aimed for the abdomen, her strike hit right at home. She then backed off to avoid getting hit, but was a little worried for Shinex since he got stung.

ID: 7647 BD: 7 (6+1acc) DMG: 4

ID: 7668 BD: 4

Shinex ran forward and went for an uppercut swing. The queen easily dodged by flying back. This thing is starting to p*** me off. It was easy to tell that Shinex was very frustrated. Even though he had his mask on, it was obvious by the glaring look in his eyes. I gotta keep my cool. I can't go on a rampage at a time like this.

ID: 7669 MD: 2

The queen flew back and looked at X and Ariel. It didn't know who to it. Instead it kept shaking its head to decide. It eventually went for X, but the stinger didn't land a hit. X had the queen's attention.

The queen wasp looked at as if it was about to go into a frenzy it seemed pissed it missed me. The damn thing nearly took off an arm.

"Oh what? You want me? Alright but nothing comes free in this world!" I yelled as I readied my cutlaas.

I quickly began running at the beast dodging different attacks it was trying. Finally once I saw an opening I spun out of my charge using a cartwheel. Then I flipped forward twice to land beging the giant bug.

"My turn..." I said before begging my attack.

I slashed up the queens back jumping higher than I usually jump. On the way down I rotated my body to land a second slash (4 damage queen wasp). After the attack I planted my cutlass down in the ground and began balancing on top waiting for the next attack.

ID:7670 battle:10= 2 damage + 2 for critical

After X successfully hit it it was Ariel's turn. She was...lets say amazed by the guy's fighting style..so wild and lacking in technique. Then she turned her gaze towards the queen. X seemed to get its aggro for the time so she took the chance and attacked it head on, she was aiming for its tiny head but instead she hit its abdomen again. Ariel then took a couple of steps back entering a guarding stance. With this last hit she was certain the mob was going to attack her next. She gritted her teeth in expectation for the attack, releasing an intense murderous aura in the same time. This is why she entered SAO that first day, this is exactly what she was expecting. Not some half-baked training like battle but..real combat!

ID:7672  BD: 6 (5+1acc) DMG: 4 

Wasp Queen: 18/30

ID: 7674 BD: 4

Shinex noticed the queen distracted. Shinex rushed in and tried to slice diagonally. It used its stinger to deflect Shinex’s attack. “Oh come on!†Shinex yelled. He was getting more frustrated each time his attacks fail.

ID: 7675 MD: 6 (-1)

The queen once again focused its attention on Shinex. It flew towards Shinex and used its stinger. Shinex jumped back just in time. If he waited longer he would have gotten a devastating blow. Good, she’s distracted again. If I can’t hit her, I’ll be the distraction for Ariel and X. At the moment, Shinex calmed himself down. He now is fine if he misses his attacks. He just needs to distract the queen. He's hoping that Ariel and X will figure it out soon.