[OP-F3] Numb.

"I believe Infamous is the word you search for Rage," Zelrius stated, a smile playing out on his face. He turned to the girl who had just come about

"And who might you be?" The question only serving to pass time while he waited. He instantly noticed her resentment toward the Scene Zelrius had created. and then stepped back.

"Well Rage? How about it, I really do not want to get into a scrap with you, that would be troublesome for the two of us" Of course he knew Rage was stronger, but he couldn't break his cool in front of him.

I dont believe it is wise to scrap with anyone....especially while I am still around said a voice out of thin air. No one could see me, no matter how hard they tried, even with a maxed our Tracking skill. I walked between them all and suddenly let down my Hiding skill and revealed myself in a gust of wind causing my cloak to flow violently and my hood to be blown back revealing my very lively face with a disconcerted look on my face.

Good to see everyone is alive and well....and me well...clearly have survived all the odds....now...for matters much more important....Where is Aoife-hime i asked quizzically.

It couldn't be, yet it was. The voice belonged to the one I loved. The face belonged to the one who broke my heart. The dark eyes belonged to the one who tore my mind to shreds and left me to darkness. The gust of wind tugged at my crudely chopped off black hair. I took a step forward, sapphire blue eyes gleaming with tears. My hands still covered my mouth, but out of shock and joy at the person before me. After about a minute of awkwardly standing still and trying to wrap my head around this new development, I finally choked out, R-Ryu-kun?

Zelrius laughed hard at the scene. He then turned back to the girl who was getting eaten. In turning back, as if right on cue, The female shattered into a million little blue particles and then Zelrius turned back to the group and said

"Vale, True to the Kaiser of Buccaneers!" with that he too vanished into particles, these ones being teleportation instead of death.

I looked to the newly changed Aoife. I was shocked but never showed it on my face.

What......what happened to you? i asked trying not to hurt her. I looked to her hand and noticed the ring was still there.

You....you kept it? i asked surprised and slowly reached my hand out to show i still had mine.

I...I thought you left...thought you...moved on..but i kept it...just in case i spoke shyly not showing any emotion on my face.

Of course I kept it. What else could I do? I stared at him, wanting to believe that he was here, but logic told me otherwise. It told me that this was a hallucination, a dream. I stumbled back a few steps, placing my hands on my head and pulling at my dark hair, unable to comprehend what was going on. I squeezed my eyes shut to hide from my own nightmare and screamed a high-pitched wail of agony, falling to my knees. I shivered on the ground for a moment before jumping up and sprinting away, putting years of running back home to good use as I disappeared in a blur, racing out of town and into the forest.

• 3 months later...

Zero laid against a tree near the forest, he didn't intend on going in but it was a nice spot to rest, and yawned closing his eyes. He remained still until he heard someone approaching and cracked open one of his eyes, he saw Aoife running in his direction. He stood up and extended his hand out as the girl dashed by, gripping her arm. "Easy there... Where are you going in such a rush..." He didn't look at her, he simply looked forward holding her arm tightly.

Unable to continue running with my arm in Zero's grip, I halted and looked over my shoulder at him with a blank face. "Anywhere. I'm done,' I said bluntly. There were no more tears to cry over this. I stood in silence as the trees whispered amongst themselves and their shadows danced on the ground. He still held my arm so I sighed and took a few steps back so that I stood in front of Zero. "Why did you stop me?" I asked.

Zero looked at her quietly and let her arm go. "I stopped you because you look like you're going to do something reckless and stupid just as your friend Cicila almost did." He crossed his arms as he looked at the girls eyes and remained with a serious expression. "Now, how about we head back to a safe zone Aoife? Last thing we need is you dying. Now let's hurry before we attract unwanted attention please." He offered her his hand and slightly smiled. "I believe there are others who wish to see you well and alive."

I being one of them i said as i revealed myself as i fell from the tree.

Its not fair to watch someone like you hurt so much. You arent one of those people im willing to let go of so easily Aoi-hime i said sincerely You may not know it...but i still care for you...but SAO has changed me...i stopped being the person i used to be.

I stood there pushing my cloaks hood back and pulling off the face mask. I pushed back my cloak allowing my armor to breath a bit. I opened my arms a little bit.

Ill always be here for you...and ill never let you go again. i said through misty eyes and a smile smile on my face. Just....please dont do anything stupid...if you decide to turn and run from me.

• 4 weeks later...

I let out a sigh, allowing my fear and anger to escape me. I felt hollow, void of emotion, but a certain peace settled in my mind. I turned to face Ryu with a small, bittersweet smile on my face. "Ryu, I understand now, but I just need to get away for a time. To heal. Once everything makes sense again, maybe we can catch up, but for now, please understand and forgive me for my mistakes." I turned my gaze to Zero and returned the smile he gave me. I grasped his hand and pulled myself up. Looking back to Ryu, I held out my free hand in what resembled a high five. "Until we meet again?"

I looked to her an flailed my cape as i turned aroud lifting the hood over my head. I looke back over my shoulder the only things being visible were my black hair and a glimpse of my bright red eye.

Until we meet again i said turning my head back around and waljing away from her and Zero knowin the time to make things up has passed and that my mistakes will forever be set in stone.

I walked for a long while down that road until i seemingly vanished out of thin air as if there was something wrong with the game. For now i was to remain untraceable and for a while i would remain that way until one fateful day where i can be a different person once more.