[PP-F1] (Complete) Mystery and the Lion (Ariel)

Catching his breath, Oikawa inhaled deeply as he wiped the rain from his face. Ahh the rain seems to be picking up. Hope this doesn't affect our little training session. Running his fingers through his blond bangs, he waited for Ariel to appear. Ha, I just realized I never introduced myself to her...well maybe I'll keep it a mystery for now, then again, I did send her coordinates thus she can just see who sent her the message. So much for being mysterious eh?

"Haha, what was she saying before I dashed off? Something about a love triangle? What a peculiar thing to say," he mumbled out loud to no one in particular. Not that anyone was around anyway. He then propped up against one of the trees marking the entrance to the Ring of Trees.

Will she show?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Who was that guy again?" thought Ariel while making her way towards the meeting coordinates, she then took a look at the the message sender's name.

"Oikawa -  the faint.....the faint of what? what does that mean" she muttered while looking at the map. "Eh, it doesn't matter anyway as long as I get to do a little training..." then she gazed at the sky, no sun of solar light, just rain and gray clouds. She really enjoyed the rain, she felt like it gave her an excuse to stare at the skies. She then looked at the map, she was almost there. Looking in a distance she could see a silhouette leaning against a tree.

When she got into his line of sight she simply waved her hand saying: " Lovely weather, right? hope you didn't wait for me too long. So then where to now, as I remember correctly you said something about defeating the floor boss."

Oikawa noticed a figure approaching to his right. Sure enough it was Ariel. "Haha, the weather is interesting to say the least" Standing up properly, he bows and introduces himself. "I am Oikawa-The Faint. Faint of what you might ask? Smile?" He flashed a small pearly grin. "Death." He unleashed his rapier and displayed a combo of jabs and steps. Finishing with an elegant lunge, he returned to his monologue. "Or even the Faint Heart." Clutching his chest he dramatically fell and pretended to be in agony. "Jokes aside, it is nice to meet you. As for the boss it was a slip in words, the floor boss has already been cleared, but there is a Field boss and his lackeys lounging around the inside of this ring of trees" he stated, pointing towards the trees. "Still up for it?" 

Hearing his explanation and watching his theatrical display Ariel let out a smile while saying:

"Thank God I finally meet somebody with a sense of humour, It's like a endangered species around her, most of the people I've were always arrogant and gloomy. As for my name...um its not that elaborate, for some reason my parents liked lions..so they decided to name me Kayla Ariel, D'Sole being my family name, it can be interpret as "The Crowned Lion by the Sun God"..cheesy and exaggerated I know, but over time I came to like it." she said that revealing a slight blush.

"Anyway a field bos sound good to me, it will be just us 2 or are we expecting company?" she said, quickly changing the theme, as she was excited about the impending battle.

"Humor, rather comedy, is one of life's few gifts. It's best to cherish it while we can," he explained with a grin. Especially in a game like this. One needs all the good times they can if they wish to make it to the top floor. Standing up, Oikawa faced Ariel, as she explained the origin of her name. "Kayla Ariel D'sole. What a beautiful name. The Crowned Lion is even more bad*ss," he quipped with a smirk. Aww she's blushing! I guess she doesn't talk about her origins much. Hmm, she should she's quite interesting. Exiting his thought train, Oikawa addressed her inquiries. "Unless you're expecting others, it will indeed be just us. Is that okay?"

Finally somebody on the same wavelength as her, "Even if this is now a death game, it's still a game, and we should enjoy it while we can." she said in a low sad voice.Then quickly regained her normal self, unsheathing her sword she said a little amused:

"Nobody else, huh? fine by me then, well get a bigger loot." She then took a look at her Rapier for a second, every time she watched it she remembered the little blacksmith Sia that made her that Black bladed rapier.

She then made a swing with it and said in the determined voice, trying to contain her excitement:

"Okay then, lead the way, let's go hunting!" for some reason, every time she drew her weapon she would feel adrenaline rushing. It was a different sensation from the everyday training she had IRL.

"I very much agree! And I have to say I enjoy slaying monsters. So this little training session is right up my alley." Unsheathing his own rapier, Oikawa led the way into the ring of trees. "That's quite the blade you have there. What traits does it carry?" Carefully moving about the field, Oikawa kept a look out for any signs of immediate danger. Satisfied with his scouting, he lowered his guard a bit. "There's no immediate danger for now, but we can never be too careful. From what I've heard they're sneaky fellows. Usually setting traps and attacking from the trees, so stay alert." Grinning at a thought he just had, Oikawa turned to Ariel. "We're quite alike you know. We both enjoy the simple things in life. Realistic and virtual. And the thrill of battle gets our blood pumping. I don't know if that's good or bad but whatever it is, I like it haha" Returning his gaze to what would soon become a battlefield, Oikawa watched the tree lines. Scanning for suspicious behavior.

While running she brandished her rapier saying: "This? it was a gift from a small blacksmith girl named Sia, I had to go get the items for it but she didn't charge me extra col. I used one of my dad's prized katanas as a basic template in the description:D, its has the same stats as a basic weapon +1 Dmg, but i told her to make it extra heavier and give it a better design. The basic rapier just didn't cut it for me." she then looked around them, nothing out of the ordinary so far only trees..a lot of them. Then Oikawa said something about "them" that caught her attention.

"What exactly are 'they', some sort of wolf or boar? 'cause those are the only mobs I saw in this floor. Or maybe the plant based mobs I've been hearing of lately, never actually saw one, thought." after scanning her surrounding again, then continued :

"I don't think it's a bad thing, for me at least, it comes as a second nature. I've trained since I can remember, father was quite*she hesitated a little* ... obstinate ..in passing his legacy to me."

OOC: Name fail XD you put Okinawa :lol: and I just researched again and realized the 1st floor doesnt have a field boss, so I'm making one up!

IC:

"Ah, I see. You speak as if she is no longer here. Has something happened to her?" She seemed hesitant to speak about her father..I wonder if they get along? Well seeing as she used "obstinate" to describe the relationship they had as far as training goes, it is safe to assume they didn't see eye to eye on the matter. Focusing, Oikawa continued, "Well that was nice of her to make a sword that you cherish. As for your father you guys weren't eye to eye when it came to training it se.." ... cut off mid sentence, by the sudden shaking of the ground. Out of nowhere, 3 <<Ruin Kobold Troopers>> appeared in front of them. Jumping back, Oikawa instinctively put a protective arm in front of Ariel. "I didn't sense or see them, when did they get here? Well I guess it doesn't matter, lets handle these beasties"

~Ruin Kobold Trooper: HP: 13 *2 Base Damage

#ID: 7881 BD: 9 MD: 8

The closest Kobold, Kobold 1, grabbed its axe and wildly lashed at the duo. "Inquisiteur..Engage!" Oikawa's shield, expanded wide enough to cover his entire forearm, and a bit more. Using the shield he deflected enough of the attack for the blade to only graze his shoulder (Received 1 damage). The beast was too close for Oikawa's comfort. Jumping up, he released a few quick jabs into the Kobold's chest and spin kicked it, sending it crashing into the dirt (Dealt 7 damage and causing Paralysis). Feeling a sudden surge of energy, Oikawa grinned as he saw his HP go back up (Healed 1 HP). "Ah, Life Steal what a gorgeous trait." Landing next to Ariel, he asked, "You alright? That was too close for my preference."

HP:

~Oikawa~

HP: 23/23

~Ariel~

HP: 17/17

~Kobold 1~ PAR

HP: 6/13

~Kobold 2~

HP: 13/13

~Kobold 3~

OOC: Ariel you may control the creatures as you like within reason of course :P

When the Kobold ambushed them, she had entered a guard stance almost in a instant, letting her trained reflexes to kick in. But the hit never came as Oikawa deployed his shield and protected them from it's axe's blow, the other two had their gaze on the shield, as if not knowing where it came from. She then started running towards the second Kobold seeing a chance to strike it while it was unprepared. Her hit landed its belly leaving a huge wound that was bleeding. Now beeing in the center of the other 2's attention she took a couple of steps back to her partner.

"I appreciate the gesture, but as you can see I can take care of myself" she said with a grin. Now she was in full battle mode, awaiting next chance to attack.

ID: 7897 BD:10(natural) MD:1 (2-1 eva)

HP:

~Oikawa~

~Ariel~

HP: 22/22

~Kobold 1~ 

~Kobold 2~

HP: 6/13(*Bleed 0/2 loses 2 hp when Ariel next posts)[5 base+2crit]

~Kobold 3~

((I forgot to change my signature, just got the Athletics skill:D also don't you have 22 hp as well? [7*2(14)+3](17)+5=22?

((sry for the name...they are similar:)) fixed it

As soon as the chance presented itself, Ariel had bounded off and attacked the second Kobold. Returning next to him, she replied "I appreciate the gesture, but as you can see I can take care of myself." Grinning back at her, Oikawa remarked "Glad to hear it!" While the Kobold's were still fixed on Ariel. Oikawa dashed towards Kobold 3. "Don't think you're getting out of this unscathed" He lunged at the Kobold, thrusting his blade forwards, he expected to see a digital gash in the Kobold but instead, he had his sword stuck in the side of a tree. Kobold 3 had jumped sideways and was now rushing at Oikawa. Having no choice, Oikawa let go of his weapon, and placed both arms behind his shield as he protected himself from the assault of the Kobold. "A little help please! I seem to have.. uh.. lodged my rapier in the trunk of that tree." Holding his ground, Oikawa waited for either an opportunity or assistance from Ariel.

#ID: 7881 BD: 1 MD: 5 (6 - 1 Evasion)

~Oikawa~

~Ariel~

~Kobold 1~ 

~Kobold 2~

HP: 5/13( bleed* 0/2 loses 2 hp when Ariel posts)[5 base+2crit]

~Kobold 3~

OOC: Wouldn't Kobold 2 have 6 HP if you dealt 5 + 2 Crit = 7?

Seeing him dash at the 3rd mob and miss, getting his sword stuck in the tree trunk made Ariel chuckle upon remembering  that the same thing happened to her at the 3rd floor a while ago. Only that her rapier was stuck in a tree mob, she then dashed towards the 3rd Kobold that just struck Oikawa's shield. She intended to hit it in its left side, but the mob saw her, stopped attacking and evaded her strike by a threat. She then said: "Damn this thing is agile, more than your normal wolf or boar. Your turn. Switch"

ID: 7902 BD:2  MD:5 (6-1 eva)

~Oikawa~

~Ariel~

~Kobold 1~ 

~Kobold 2~

HP: 4/13( bleed* 1/2 loses 2 hp when Ariel posts)

~Kobold 3~

(my bad..its 2:37 AM here..getting kind of tired, will respond a couple more times before going to sleep.

Ariel rushed over, attempting to attack the Kobold, however it evaded the attack. Using that time, Oikawa unhitched his sword from the tree and attacked Kobold 3. "You're right these thing are way more mobile than your average MoB." Jumping in front of Ariel, signifying the switch, Oikawa lunged once more. This time bringing the blade to shoulder height, he thrusted eloquently at the distracted Kobold (Dealing 7 damage and inducing paralysis). Leaving a severed arm and a static discharge on the Kobold, Oikawa looked to Ariel " Switch. Lets target one of the others since I paralyzed this one." 

#ID: 7881 BD: 9 MD: 3 (4 - 1 Evasion)

~Oikawa~

~Ariel~

~Kobold 1~ 

~Kobold 2~

HP: 5/13( bleed* 0/2 loses 2 hp when Ariel posts)[5 base+2crit]

~Kobold 3~ PAR (1/1 Turns)

Seeing Oikawa succesfuky land a hit paralisyng the 3rd kobold Ariel took a glade at the first one he attacked, it seemed to recover from the blow recieved earlier. Ariel decided that it wil her next target, she quickly turned around and charged at it. But the kobold saw her aproaching andraised its axe preparing to strike her."Too late to back off now" she thought before striking it , and as the kobold lowered its axe she tried to evade it but was unsuccesfull and the axe hit her left shoulderpad, grazing her arm as she moved. She then retreated to there Oikawa was , they were now back to back surounded by the 3 kobolds.

"okay what's next? asked Ariel with a smile on her face ignoring the wound on her arm.

ID: 7955 BD: 8(7+1 acc) MD: 8 (9-1eva)

~Oikawa~

~Ariel~

HP: 20/22

~Kobold 1~

HP: 1/13 [5 DMG]

~Kobold 2~

HP: 2/13( bleed* 2/2 loses 2 hp when Ariel posts)

~Kobold 3~

Oikawa watched Ariel duke it out with Kobold 1. They both sustained damage but Ariel brushed it off like it was nothing. She returned to him as they went back to back."Alright well Kobold 2 looks like he'll drop any second now" Eyeing the Kobold as it tried to stay upright. "I'll attack Kobold 3 again. He seems to be the most aggressive of the bunch. Switch." Spinning off Ariel, Oikawa dashed at Kobold 3, who had just been alleviated of its paralysis, and prepared another attack. Oikawa unleashed a barrage of jabs upon the Kobold (Dealt 7 damage). the Kobold stood its ground, through sheer will power, the creature managed throw its Axe right at Oikawa. Pausing his flurry, Oikawa used Inquisiteur to deflect the blade as it grazed his upper calf (Received 1 damage). With nothing left in it, Kobold 3 dispersed into pixels. Leaving behind nothing more than a loot orb. Oikawa ran back towards Ariel, and faced the remaining two Kobolds. "Lets end this shall we?" he said with a grin as is HP re-surged again (Healed 1 HP). 

#ID: 7999 BD: 9 LD: 14 MD: 8 (9 - 1 Evasion)

~Oikawa~

~Ariel~

~Kobold 1~ 

~Kobold 2~

HP: 2/13

~Kobold 3~ DEAD

HP: 0/13

Ariel hated that her last hit ALMOST killed the mob, she wanted to finish it quickly. After Oikawa killed nr. 3 she went for her prey, running towards it at her top speed, she ignored that it raised its sword to strike her. Her aim was the Kobolds back, but she was running right in its face. When it started lowering its sword Ariel took the opportunity that it had both its arms raised and made a feint, ending up behind the mob. Unfortunately the mob swinged the sword faster that she anticipated and managed to hit her forearm on her left arm. Ignoring the sudden surge of pain, Ariel regained her footing and thrusted her rapier right into the mob's nape. She encountered some resistance but continued thrusting until the tip could be seen from the other side. The Kobold then simply exploded into polygons like the one before, leaving behind some loot. She ignored it once more and addressed Oikawa:

"Your turn finish the last one".

ID: 8003  BD: 7 (6+1)  MD: 6 ( 7-1acc) [enemy BD: 7 *Thorns activated] LD: 8

~Oikawa~

~Ariel~

HP: 18/22

~Kobold 1~  DEAD

HP: 0 /13 [5 DMG+2 thorns]

~Kobold 2~

HP: 2/13

~Kobold 3~ DEAD

Oikawa nodded at Ariel as she disposed of Kobold 1. "Lets finish this and find that field boss" Placing his hand inches above his blade it began to glow a faint white. Dashing towards the final Kobold, he began to move at a blistering pace. Raising it to his shoulder, he thrusted his rapier right into the Kobolds throat. Sending it smashing into  a couple trees. Bursting into pixels it also left behind some loot. Turning to face Ariel, he gave her a thumbs up. "How's that for a final blow eh? There victory was cut short however, as just like the 3 Kobolds, suddenly the ground began to shake and then suddenly <<Illtooth the Kobold Prince>> appeared. Stomping and howling, it grabbed its twin sais aiming one at each of the players. 

<<Illtooth the Kobold Prince>> HP: 25 *4 Base Damage

Dashing to stand next to Ariel, Oikawa raised his shield and yelled. "I think that's the field boss. You ready to fight it?"

#ID: 8023 BD: 10 LD: 16 MD: 5 (6 - 1 Evasion)

~Oikawa~

~Ariel~

~Kobold 1~ DEAD

~Kobold 2~ DEAD

~Kobold 3~ DEAD

~Illtooth, The Kobold Prince~

HP: 25/25

Seeing him finish the remaining one Ariel wanted to give him a high five and praise him for that last move, but didn't had the chance as another mob appeared. She just grinned and returned the thumbs up saying:

"Field boss, heh? this one surely won't die that easily. Time to earn the title 'Lioness' in this game as well." and she started dashing towards it at her full speed. Seeing the mob maintaining his position, aiming only 1 of his twin weapons at her, instead of changing into a defensive stance, Ariel made a smirk while saying: "You don't take me serious,huh? Here's something to remember me by" she was dashing right towards his weapon. As the mob intended to make a upwards slash, Ariel timed her steps to strike it on its right side, below its armpit. Her aim was true once again stabbing the mob's unarmored flesh, ripping it off as she passed him, easily dodging its slash attempt (DMG 8: 5 base +1 crit +2 *thorns). From where she hit,  blood could be seen beginning to pour out drop by drop. She then retreated back to Oikawa's side:

"Okay your turn, I warmed him up for you."

ID:8026 BD:10 (9+1acc)[natural BD: 9 *Bleed activated]   MD:5 (6-1eva)  [natural enemy BD: 6 *Thorns activated]

Ariel:20/22

Oikawa: 22/22

HP: 17/25 (*Bleed 0/2 loses 2 hp when Ariel next posts) 

"I agree he wont be going down easily" he yelled at her as she masterfully attacked the Kobold Prince. Dealing quite a bit of damage she returned to his side. "Warming him up eh? Well get the get skewer ready because he'll burnt bits by the time I'm done with him" Dashing forward, Oikawa began to launch his attack on the Prince. The Prince swung his two sais, at the young man. He blocked one with his shield and the other with his blade. Oikawa attempted several thrusts but the Prince proved he was a top notch sai user, by deflecting every blow. "Switch! I can't do anything against him while he's this focused."

#ID: 8038 BD: 1 MD: 1 (2 - 1 Evasion) Double EPIC FAIL

~Oikawa~

~Ariel~

HP: 17/25 (*Bleed 0/2 loses 2 hp when Ariel next posts) 

Seeing Oikawa helplessly trying to hit the mob, gave Ariel time to analyze its attack pattern. It was quite simple once you observed him enough. Once he returned by her side, Ariel thought she saw Prince smirk at them, showing her 'fangs' (grinning) she started charging at it again. the pattern was simple she had to evade the first 2 swing before it raised both its weapons to do a double downward slash. She evaded the first one but unfortunately got hit by the second one, grinning her teeth due to the pain appearing on her right side, she concentrated at the moment it raised both arms."Now I got you!" she yelled while thrusting her rapier right at his heart and then quickly backing off to evade the double slash. Once she was at Oikawa's side she made a chuckle while saying. "Did you see its attack pattern? aim for him when he raises both his arms and back off or block with the shield." her blood was boiling with excitement. She looked at her left arm that was just hit, saying:
"This will hurt like a censored when the adrenaline rush stops."

ID: 8039 BD: 6 (5+1acc)  MD: 7 (8-1eva) [natural enemy BD: 8 *Thorns activated]
~Oikawa~
~Ariel~
HP: 16/22

DMG 9: 5 base + 2 *thorns +2 *bleed
HP: 8/25 (*Bleed 1/2 loses 2 hp when Ariel next posts) 

((I was wrong on my first post, I can't crit 10 with +1 acc I rolled natural 9 so I only got +1 dmg instead of 2, change Prince's hp to 17