[PP-F1] (Complete) Mystery and the Lion (Ariel)

Observing Ariel's tactical approach, Oikawa did take note of the pattern. "Hmm you seem to be dealing all the damage haha! That's no fun!" Not giving her a second to reply, Oikawa dashed towards the Prince. Something changed however. Ditching it's dual sais, the Prince opted for a Two-Handed Battle Axe. Thus changing its attack pattern. The Prince began swinging in a wild sporadic fashion. Getting an idea Oikawa instead dashed for a cluster of trees. Fortunately the Prince followed him. Then leaping towards one, he planted a foot on the trunk and pushed off towards another tree. Continuing these he bound from tree to tree all the while throwing jabs at the beast.  The Prince deflected the attacks naturally but Oikawa never planned to damage him just distract him. Catching a glimpse of Ariel, he winked at her, hoping she would catch on to his silent plan . Ariel you are definitely better than me in battle. Finish this.

#ID: 8040 BD: 4 MD: 2 (3 - 1 Evasion)

~Oikawa~

HP: 22/22

~Ariel~

HP: 20/22

~Illtooth, The Kobold Prince~

HP: 8/25 (*Bleed 1/2 loses 2 hp when Ariel next posts) 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ariel was about to shout "Finish him already" when the mob switched its dual blades for a large, two-handed axe. "He won't just die quietly will he? mumbled Ariel between her teeth, then Oikawa started running towards some nearby trees and started jumping from one to another " did he go nuts? or got cold feet?" thought Ariel until she saw him wink. "A distraction, very clever" she mumbled again while grinning.

Then she started dashing towards the Prince's wide open back, and decided to strike in his righ side a little lower than his shoulder level.

But the prince as if sensing her turned 90 degrees and swinged its giant axe in her general direction. She managed to evade 1 but the second swing hit her like a car, throwing her a few meters away from the two.

She shouted a few words while trying to get up:

"I didn't see that coming, thought I had him for sure, you beter finish him with your next hit."

ID: 8041BD: 8(7+1acc) MD: 9 (10-1eva)

~Oikawa~

HP: 22/22

~Ariel~

HP: 11/22

DMG 7:5 base +2 *bleed

~Illtooth, The Kobold Prince~

HP: 1/25 (*Bleed 2/2loses 2 hp when Ariel next posts)

Distracting him seemed to be an effective tactic, until Ariel got smacked by the pretending Prince. Using her words for encouragement to end this fight once and for all, Oikawa used the momentum he had gained from zig-zagging across the trees to perform an extremely fast linear attack. Pushing off the tree, he nearly flew across the ground as he rushed the Kobold Prince. The Prince spun around to face the incoming attack. it raised its blade and swung in a flurry of uppercuts and slashes. Oikawa sped through the attacks (Received 3 damage). His body glowed with red slash marks and burned with pain, but he didn't care he was determined to defeat the Prince. Leaping directly into the face of the monster, he executed a series of jabs. Tap. Tap. TAP-TAP-TAP-TAP-TAP. Barraging the Kobolds face with thrusts of pure fury (Dealt 6 damage). He was still attacking even as the beast dispersed into pixels. Finally calming down, he returned to the ground, and jogged towards Ariel. "You alright? That was one hell of a battle ! You were amazing out there!" Suddenly a notification popped up on Oikawa's HUD.

Congratulations

Defeated <<Illtooth, The Kobold Prince>>

Col: 125

Last Attack Bonus: Kobold Crown (Material)

(O)

Accepting the loot he turned to Ariel. "I couldn't have done this without you. Take your pick. Do you want the Col or the material I just received?

#ID: 8042 BD: 7 LD: 17 MD: 9 (10 - 1 Evasion)

~Oikawa~

HP: 19/22

~Ariel~

HP: 11/22

~Illtooth, The Kobold Prince~ DEAD

HP: 0/25

Ariel barely stood up, while watching Oikawa attacking the mob. She let out a smile seeing him ignore the Prince's hits and aiming for its face, and entering a battle frenzy, striking at the target even after it scattered into polygons. While watching him she felt that the pain from the previous attack became duller. After finishing the target Oikawa, came to Ariel praising her, She then stood straight and put her right arm on his shoulder while saying:

"You did a pretty good job back there, I see how that shield might come in handy. But its not my style, it suit you more. But if you're going to keep it, train more with it to let your reflexes kick in and block hits with it unconsciously, while you focus on being more aggressive with that weapon. You've seen the result of letting yourself go wild, but don't go overboard." then she let go of his shoulder and turned around while in a serious tone:

"As for the praise from before, its all due to my father's training, he was a fencing champion and decided to pass his swordsmanship to me. It might have cost me my social life, but make no mistake, I enjoy walking in his footsteps and I don't regret a second of it, ever since I was young. Because it made me what I am today, and give me the means to fight in this death game."

She decided that was enough about her for now and answered his question in her normal tone:

"As for the reward I'll have the col, the crown looks great but I can't really use it in tailoring. Now then what shall we do next? I suggest we go back to town to patch our selves up"

Grabbing his shoulder Ariel, praised him as well. Explaining how the shield was definitely more my style and as such I should train more with it.  Grinning, he nodded agreement. "Yeah, I don't know what comes over me sometimes. i just.. get this.. sudden rush of energy and I can't help but go all out haha!" Releasing her grip on his shoulder she turned around and in a more serious tone, explained how she became such a great swordswoman. 

Letting every bit sink in, Oikawa realized he kind of admired Ariel. She had no regrets or ill will towards the man that took a very important aspect of child/teenage life from her. Returning to her normal voice, she decided she would take the Col and suggested that we had back to town to heal up. "I agree. Plus Strawberry Creme Pie sounds really good right now." Tapping away at his HUD, Oikawa spoke, "Ever been to the Starlight Cafe? It's one of my favorite spots. They have the best dessert."

[Oikawa- The Faint gifted Ariel-The Crowned Lion 125 Col] 

Having sent the reward to her, Oikawa turned to exit the ring of trees. That was pretty damn fun haha. Who knew there were so many rapier users in SAO? London, Azide, Ariel to name a few. and of course myself. Ahh...I'm so HUUUUNNNNGGGRRRYYY!

"Thank you" she said while following him out of that place. "Since I got the loot guess the treat is on me then. I haven't hear of that cafe, but then again I didn't had that much time to go to cafe's. Only went once..a cosplay cafe, I don't remember the name. There I've meet a guy that 'showed me the ropes' (the topic's name) around Aincrad, he visited my shop a few times, but we didn't keep in contact...I don't know why...I should send him a message sometime to see how he's doing. Anyway as I was saying with the shop and the after program trainings with boars and wolves, I didn't have time to go around in a 'pleasure trip' around towns."

Oikawa nodded his head every so often as she spoke, to show her he was listening even tho he was still looking ahead. "Its no problem, and keep your Col. I appreciate the gesture, but that's usually my line." Oikawa smirked, though he realized she  I have more than enough to pay for my meal." Briefly looking over his shoulder to make sure he wasn't losing her, as he had a tendency to walk pretty fast, he continued. "I think you'll really like this place." Now turning more so to face her and walk backwards, he finished up his monologue. "I know this is a death game, and we are all trying to get out, but I feel like you of all people know that you should try to enjoy what little you can here, even if it is something as small as Strawberry Creme Pie."

Ariel listen to him and after he was done talking she replied:

"This place does have its ... appeal, if you want to test your skills." she wanted to say that it was tempting, but instead chose appeal. She didn't realize he was talking about the cafe. Then she takes a look behind as they were leaving the tree ring. Then faces forwards continuing:

"You're right with that, you can say that I'm a bit contradictory. Trying to see what this world has to offer while aiming to be a front liner. But it would be a shame to only focus on fighting when this game is much more than that. But enough about me, tell me something about you. "

Looking over his shoulder, to make sure he didn't trip, he noticed the town was in sight. Oikawa started to have a little bounce in his step.  Returning his gaze to Ariel, he spoke. "It would be a shame indeed. As for me, what do you want to know? My name? Oikawa Seijuro. Favorite Color? Red. Favorite food ? Strawberry Creme Pie." He licked his lips at the mention of the last one. "I suppose you probably want to know something more significant huh?"

Getting tired of walking a little behind him, she decided to quicken her pace and walk at his left. She then continued:

"Red, huh? I'm surprised, I thought you liked yellow or maybe light gray, guess I was wrong. As for what I would like to hear, nothing personal, things like,,,let me think...yeah, what made you enter SAO. For me its pretty obvious, I wanted to see if my training could be applied in video games as well, and you know the answer to that I think." *chuckles*. The starting city's massive wall and gates could be seen already, "I almost forgot that we didn't went that far away." she then added.

Turning, now that Ariel was at his side, he continued the conversation. "While I do fancy some grey, I dislike yellow because it reminds me of mustard. I loathe mustard" he said as he made an exaggerated disgusted look. "What made me join SAO you ask? Well, in real life I wanted to become a video game developer much like the guys who created SAO. With this being one of the most successful beta tested games for the Nerve-Gear system, I couldn't help but get in on the action so I could experience the success from the inside. Little did I know, that we'd be trapped in this crap." His sights wandered as they finally approached the gates. 

"The cafe is just a brisk walk from here" he said with a grin. "I promise it'll be worth it!"

Ariel burst into laughter "You hate yellow..because it reminds you of mustard HAHAHA...." trying to regain her composure, she then continued barely avoiding to continue laughing: "Have you thought about finding a substitution for it? I for one think of lions, if you hadn't figured that out from the color I used for my shop's front sign" she regained her normal tone as she continued: "A game developer you say .. that means you're into programing and that kind of stuff. I tried it myself one time, but didn't have the patience to write endless lines of coding...most advanced thing I've made was a calculator program that did basic math." She then changed her view towards the road ahead asking "And now? what is your aspiration? what will be contribution with for the clearing of this game?"

"Chuckling a bit himself, he replied. "Mustard.. is ..just so GROSS haha. And i guess cheetah's are cool. They're yellow-ish. Plus I like them better than lions, even though I'm a Leo." He paused briefly as they had entered the city. "Just a few blocks to go. As for my aspiration, I guess I'm just striving to get back to the real world. Not only to continue my studies but to also see my family and friends again." Taking a minute to think, he continued. "I plan on becoming a Front-Liner as soon as possible. I'm not quite as confident as I thought, so I sat out of the upcoming Boss Raid. Best believe once were on Floor 10 I will be fighting to push to Floor 11. That much I am sure." Feeling the urge to fight swell up inside, it instantly vanished when the Starlight Cafe came into sight."Ah! There it is. Opening the door, he gestured inside. "Shall we?"

"Cheetah ..I will remember that" she said while revealing a small grin. Then she spotted the shop and entered it as ushered, she sits at a random table and orders her favorite drink, green lemon ice tea. After receiving the ordered beverage she takes a sip and nods in agreement. Changing her gaze towards Oikawa she says in a serious voice: "Front liners huh? as I told you I aim for that as well, some might call me impatient but I've decided to join the boss battle. I think I will manage somehow, got some hp post and a teleport crystal with me in case things go downhill. My only concern is if that boss has some large AoE attack that deals insane damage...and I wouldn't get the chance to use them. But since it appeared at the 2nd floor I don't think it will be as hard as the one their fighting at the 9th floor...I know I shouldn't rush..but I need to get stronger...skill alone won't make me a front-liner, I need connections...to hang around top players to get the feel of a boss fight." she then remained quiet changing her haze mid-speech, to the drink in front in her.

The two had entered the cafe and sat down. Ariel ordered green lemon tea while Oikawa ordered strawberry creme pie and a water. "Hmm so you're going to battle that maniac Cupid. I hear he has like nearly 200 HP and can't be stunned or immobilized for that matter." Receiving his order, Oikawa took a few bites of his pie and continued. "Well hopefully he doesn't have a massive damage dealing AOE. I'd prefer if you didn't die." Flashing a grin he took a sip of his water and leaned back. "I want to have that thrill soon myself. I'm sure Illtooth was nothing compared to a real boss fight. We barely sustained damage when fighting him. On top of that we fought 3 of his minions before that. I guess I'm ready for the challenge mentally, but physically I don't think I'm strong enough to make a difference. I certainly wish you the best in the upcoming battle." Propping himself up, Oikawa continued to eat his pie.

"As I told you if things go rough I'll just have to leave..No shame in admitting defeat against a stronger opponent. I can't say thought that it will please me to flee mid battle .... Its good to know ones limits...I..I'm still testing mine, and hope this boss does not present itself as one of them." She then takes a look at the waiter that brought her the drink she ordered. She takes a sip and then says in a semi-apologetic...almost self mocking tone:

"Would love to try that pie myself but I gotta watch what I eat. Can you believe it..the strict training dieting habit followed me even here, its not that I really worry about that..is more like a unconscious reflex..to continue living like I did IRL. More like a mental blockade so to speak..."

"No shame indeed. You are more than a capable fighter and I have high faith in you." Taking a sip of his water, he relaxed once more. " As for your old habits, they die hard huh? Don't fret I still have a few tendencies of my own. Like how were sitting, I'm currently facing the door so I can always see danger as it walks in. Something I picked up from my father. I never knew why he did that though." Glancing at his watch he knew he'd have to leave in a bit. "How about this. Once you guys beat Cupid into oblivion, you and my guild can celebrate with some strawberry creme pie. You can ignore your diet for one celebration right?" He inquired as he flashed a genuine smile and stifled a small laugh.

Listening to him she silently murmured "old habits die hard...I don't know if it was conscious or not byt you just quoted Bon Jovi there" Then he heard about the celebration suggestion, happily replying: "Sure that sounds good, and maybe I'll be able to trick some of my guild members to join in. I'm quite sure Rebekah won't refuse... and Lessa well if she isn't too busy. I can't say for certain,I'll have to ask them. When we talked, Azide mencioned that he would like to deppen relations between our 2 guilds, I think a party would be the perfect setting for that."

"Bon Jovi? Can't say for sure I know who that is exactly, but I assume he or she is famous." Runninf a few fingers through his hair, he spoke again. "Ah, Azide....always up to something, however, I'm glad we think alike. I agree. I think deepening the bonds between our Guilds could be a great thing. Though I've never met Lessa or Rebekah, I assume they are good people just like you?" Glancing at his watch again his time was nearly up. 

Opening up the transaction menu, he paid for his order and Ariel's. "Well as much as it pains me to say this. I have to be going. You better keep me updated on the battle miss. I'll let S1 know about the party. I doubt they'll have any qualms about attending."

"A famous rock band from the US, I didn't knew about them until I went to a fencing championship in the US...we went to a concert that they had in Washington D.C." then she notices he is looking at the time..twice and decides to check herself. She turns towards a rando clock that was inside the shop..."And I guess that's out last topic for the time being, we'll have to continue this discussion another time." she sees him pay for their orders..Somebody would have to learn from this guy how to he a gentleman, and by somebody she meant Xwuzhear, a guy she met a while ago.. the guy showed spirit..but a major lack of manners and discipline. She then finished her ice tea and raises up while while extending her hand:

"Sounds good,I too have to go now, lots of things to do and little time before the big fight. Maybe I'll see you again before that. After shaking hands Ariel heads towards the exit and waves him goodbye before exiting the shop and heading towards the teleportation gate. She had spend enough time at the first floor, now she had to gear up and put the shop in order..maybe take a little vacation somewhere quiet.

-Ariel leaves the topic