[PP-F9] Napalm (Keith, Kiru)

Guest Keith

Napalm grumbled with pain, straightening up again. Keith swung again, but the Maverick held up his blade in defense. The two swords collided, and a few sparks hissed off the metal, hitting the ground. "Heh... You really shouldn't insult her. She can get riled up pretty easily." Keith grunted, trying to keep his guard up. Physically, he wasn't as strong as Napalm, so he had trouble keeping the lock going. But, Keith knew Kiru would make a move now. She knew his fighting style like that, and he knew her's.  

Not too far off, a boy stood, watching the conflict from above a black spire. "Hmph. So Napalm went ahead and challenged them. Egotistical fool." The boy said, brushing a few strands of hair out of his eyes. His hair was mostly black, with a few red highlights here and there. He continued watching the duel, his red eyes trained on the conflict.

ID: 7796; BD 1 = Fail

ID: 7796; MD 2 = Fail

Keith: 107/107

Kiru: 87/87

Napalm: 131/150

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got it...I caught my breath for a second then charged forward. The two were in a lock, Keith being unable to withstand Napalm's physical abilities made him on the losing side so far. I jumped into the air, using a solidified magma rock to push off, and hurled myself towards the two blades. While in the air, I pulled my dagger from behind me and threw it at Napalm forcefully. When my boots made contact with the two weapons they both repelled away from each other, thus breaking the clash. I made a graceful landing by rolling and standing up quickly. I inhaled a deep breath and made eye contact with Keith. Distract him. I practically said with my determined stare. In the chest of the enemy was my dagger, the only one I had at the moment. 

ID: 7801; BD 5+2- BD 7 (+1 Base Damage +1 ATH +3 Dagger= 5 Damage total)

Napalm: 126/150

Keith glanced back over at Kiru and smirked. "Will do." He mouthed to her, looking back at Napalm. "Hey, did you feel a raindrop? Because that's what it felt like I hit. A really, really, pathetic raindrop." Keith said, sticking out his tongue at Napalm. The Maverick roared and ran at Keith. "No one calls the lord of flame a raindrop! You ungrateful little brat!" Keith dashed to the side and sent a slash across Napalm's ribs, getting between the plates of his armor and hitting him solidly. Keith stepped back and watched as Napalm staggered. Seemingly, what has been working so well was Keith and Kiru's uncanny ability to co-operate. Each time they've been able to out do Napalm and keep up with each other.

ID: 7804; BD 6 (+1 Base Damage +1 ATH, +3 Katana, +4 Skill = 9 Damage)

ID: 7804; MB 5 (Miss)

Napalm: 117/150

I smiled at Keith's form of "distraction," he was actually really good at not only getting distracted but being distracting. Either way, the enemy's attention was now fully on Keith. I took a deep breath and waited for an opening. They clashed and moved at each other, mostly Napalm yelling until finally I saw something. Now! I silently screamed in my head and started forward towards the two. Coming at an angle, I ran faster towards Napalm, eyes on the dagger sticking out of his chest. I was only two feet away from reaching it when suddenly I lost my footing and fell to the hard, and frankly hot, ground. Disappointed with myself, I started to get up.

ID: 7805; BD 2+3= 5 (Miss) (Mob Dice 9, you calculated the damage and include it in your post please.)

Napalm: 117/150

Keith saw Kiru had missed, and Napalm had turned his attention towards her. He knew he had to act fast. Keith dashed forward as Napalm raised his blade above Kiru, ready to strike her. He lept in the way, making his body a shield to take the blow. The burning sword cleaved into Keith's ribs, and he grunted with pain as he slid on the ground. Napalm looked over at him, walking over and getting his sword ready, preparing to drive it into Keith's head. Keith quickly slashed his sword, grazing Napalm's hip and changing his direction. The blade instead just pierced Keith's shoulder, driving in slowly. "Urk-! That... That all you got?" Keith said through clenched teeth, trying to ignore the pain as the burning feeling took effect.

ID: 7805: MB 9, 6 Damage, 2 turn burn

ID: 7806: MB 8, 5 Damage

ID: 7806: BD 6, 9 Damage +Buffs

Keith: 96/107 [burned for two turns]

Napalm: 108/150

I turned around after rubbing my head and looked up with a glare. Napalm held his blade above me with murderous intent. I was utterly useless without my weapon and defenseless without it, I had no move. I closed my eyes tight and braced myself for the incoming attack. Just as he was about to stab me, Keith shielded me by taking the damage. I peeked one eyes open, wondering why I didn't feel anything. In front of me was Keith on his knees being attacked. A small scream escaped my mouth as I stood up in a flash. Keith, protect yourself first! I lurched forward and swung with my fist at Napalm. The dagger was still out of reach even as I tried to land a hit on him. 

ID: 7860; BD 2+3= 5 (Miss)

Keith: 96/107 [burned for two turns]

Keith glanced over at Kiru and smirked, giving her a thumbs up. "I'm fine, Kiru... Just a little over-cooked is all." He said, cringing slightly as his burn worsened. He glanced over at Napalm and ran forward, running past Napalm to get his attention. "Hey hey hey! Now I see why Vile keeps you around! Heck, if I had a loud-mouthed practice dummy, I'd probably level up from hitting it too!" Keith said, sticking out his tongue and blowing a raspberry as Ruby shaked his rump at Napalm. Napalm roared and began to run over. Keith took aim and dove, slashing along Napalm's chest just enough to loosen the dagger, but not enough to do anything.

ID: 7861 BD 2 (Miss)

Mob 2 (Miss)

Keith: 95/107 [burned for one turn]

I stopped myself from laughing in the middle of a battle by denying the joke Keith had made. If I were to bust out laughing then I would most likely not be able to focus again. Stop joking like that, it's so not funny! I yelled, sounding serious. My voice quivered just a little but it wasn't that noticeable. As Keith ran past Napalm, distracting him, I ran behind. After Keith's dive, I took immediate action. Once I got up to an appropriate speed I grabbed Napalm by the shoulders and hoisted myself onto him. I leaned forward and ripped my dagger out of his chest. Unfortunately this caused him to fall forward due to his lack of balance. I released my grip the very last second and slashed Napalm on the back as I rolled backwards. I let him fall to the ground while I stood up, dagger now back in my hand. I flashed a smile to Keith, also giving a thumbs up. 

ID: 7868; BD 10 (+3 Base Damage +3 Dagger +1 ATH= +7 Damage Total)

Keith: 95/107 [burned for one turn]

Napalm: 101/150

Keith smiled at Kiru, before clutching his shoulder and whining in pain, the burn taking it's final toll. Ruby licked his wound and then looked at Keith, giving a sassy yip. "Heh... That's right, buddy. Feel the burn." Keith said, looking back over at Napalm. He ran forward, now ready for a full on attack. Napalm swung his blade, but Keith dropped to his legs and slid. The sword swung over his head, flames crackling as Keith readied his own sword. With one satisfying slice, Keith finished his slide, and stood up on the other side of Napalm, having gone right between his legs. Napalm howled in pain, that one slash slicing him where no man should ever get hit. "You little brat! You blue haired scum! Damn you! Damn you to Hell, Yudai!"

ID: 7868; BD 9 (+2 Base Damage +3 Katana +1 ATH +4 Skill = +10 Damage Total)

MB: 2 (Miss)

Keith: 94/107

Napalm: 91/150

I chuckled when Keith said such a cheesy thing. once again ignoring my demand to be serious during this fight. He kept cracking jokes that related to the pain he received and the damage he took. In a way it was funny, but it was twisted humor. I couldn't help but laugh a little when Keith made his attack, I was quite certain he was aiming too. While Napalm was busy bickering I simply walked behind him and stabbed his right shoulder blade. I told you not to get near him. See what you are doing? Why don't you stop whining and accept the challenge that you've conducted! I said, retracting the blade from his back. It was his fault that he had lower health than us by now, he was screwing around and fool to think he could compete with Keith and I. At this point I couldn't think of anyone who could possibly pose a threat to us, besides Vile. Weak. I sneered and looked at Keith, checking to see he was alright from the burn affects.  

ID: 7891; BD 9 (+2 Base Damage +1 ATH +3 Dagger= +6 Damage total)

Mob 7 :\

Napalm: 85/150

Keith smirked looked to Kiru. "No need to worry about me! I'm a-okay!" He said, looking back at Napalm and frowning. "Now, we finish this! Napalm, give up now!" The Maverick laughed slightly, standing up from the barrage of attacks. "You... You honestly think you have me beat? You have no idea how wrong you are... I have back up as well... And he's just as strong as you, Keith! Shade! Show yourself!" From out of the shadows, a boy sped out, seemingly a black blur before skidding to a halt between Keith and Napalm. Keith blinked and looked at him. "...Shade...?" He said to himself, as the player turned around.

Shade crossed his arms and scoffed, looking at the two Hunters. â€‹"Napalm. You let your guard down against these two? Your weakness disgusts me." He growled, looking over his shoulder at Napalm. The Maverick of fire looked up at the newcomer. "I... I know. I should have listened! But you're here now! Help me destroy them! Vile would be most proud!" Napalm begged, shuffling over to Shade and holding his leg. Shade scoffed with disgust kicked Napalm to the ground. "I don't work for Vile. I don't give a damn what he thinks of me. Don't brush me off as one of you petty Mavericks again, or you'll find yourself in a burning place much worse than this floor." Shade scowled, before looking back at the two hunters. "So... This was the duo Vile is so upset about? Hmph. Kill him or spare him, I honestly don't care. I choose not to associate myself with this conflict. We will meet again..." Shade said, holding up a blue crystal in one hand and vanishing, leaving Napalm alone.

I gave back a weak smile to Keith, he had been taking the damage for me this whole time. Come to think of it, he had jumped in front of a blade, carried me through a mob, and even got impaled by a spear for me! Now he was taking all of the damage for me in this fight too, and I couldn't stand it. I bit the inside of my cheek and tightened my ponytail. I'm going to protect you too you know.. Keith and Napalm were talking at each other again but I paid them no mind until another player was brought in. By his entrance I concluded that he was arrogant and liked to show off in the most rude way possible. His "I don't care" attitude he had going on reminded me a little of my self even. I listened to the conversation, again without interjecting, until the very end. This player Shade was being begged by Napalm to help get rid of us, he even talked about Vile. Before leaving Shade said something that twisted my stomach into knots. Vile knows about Keith and I? Are we really that...this cannot be happening. I thought but stopped myself. I didn't even take a moment to think of how Keith might be reacting to this! Keith's enemy was Vile, Vile wanted him dead most likely. We were fighting someone associated with Vile and now another player has brought it to our attention that Vile knew about our huntings. About me. In truth I was scared out of my mind of Vile but of course that couldn't show. Not now at least.

I smirked and stepped forward after the player Shade left. Mhm, I see. So Vile has sent someone else to exterminate us? So you have been conducting his dirty work to get out attention just for this moment? Maybe he's afraid of us huh Napalm. Isn't that why he sent one of his more disposable underlings? I may be just be jumping to conclusions here but either way, your no good. I wish I could say I pitied you but...I can't. You are weak. At first I thought by just looking at your picture you were scary. Even after pulling out that blade I thought you were fearsome but now, you are nothing. You've got some nerve trying to compete with Keith and I. If you weren't pathetic enough, you called for someone's help and even went below that- you begged them! You wouldn't stand a chance against us in a thousand years! Heh, I bet a level two player could fight with you and still come out unscratched. I don't know how you've been committing these murders without getting killed but I know one thing is for sure, by the end of this you'll be on your knees! I yelled the last part and wiped the sweat off of my head as I jumped forward. I lunged toward Napalm while he was still processing my speech and stabbed him in the chest, through the armor. 

ID: 7910; BD 4+2=6 (+1 Base Damage +1 ATH +3 Dagger= 5 Damage total)

Mob 7 :\

Napalm: 80/150

Napalm stood up and roared, his sword's flames growing larger. "You... You have the NERVE to talk to me like that!? No... No... I can't be losing! There must be cheating! Insulting me like this... I'll kill both of you! And Shade too! All these damn brats mouthing off to the great Napalm! Feel my cleansing flame!" Napalm screamed, gasping for breath between each sentence. He ran forward at Kiru, and thrust his sword forward at her. "Burn from the inside out! Burn to the very last scrap of DNA!!!" He screamed, the tip of his sword making contact. It plunged into her ribcage, but not going in too deep. He twisted it slightly, before yanking it back out again. "Where's your wise mouth now, huh? No more comebacks, little girl!?" 

Keith watched as he was helpless to protect Kiru in the moment. He gripped Astral Blade, and pointed it Napalm. "For refusing to co-operate, and not submitting to arrest, you choose the death penalty." Keith looked at Kiru briefly, a "I'm sorry." on his face before looking back to Napalm with seriousness again. "Time to Hunt a Maverick!" He yelled, running at Napalm at top speed in a tackle position. Instead of sticking out his elbow, he pointed his katana. Keith then felt the impact into Napalm, his katana running him through solidly. Keith looked up, and gulped. Trying to yank his katana back out yet failing.

ID: 7910; BD 7 (+1 Base Damage +1 ATH +3 Katana +4 Skill= 9 Damage total)

Mob 9 : To hit Keith next.

Kiru: 82/87

Napalm: 71/150

My smirk faded as I felt a sharp object plunge through my rib cage. The sword didn't got in more than the tip but it still hurt like any other attack made against me. Crap! I got so into telling that jerk off I forgot I was in the middle of a fight! I need to be more mindful of where I am! I thought and touched a hand to where the sword went in. No visible marks were made, good. I looked up from inspecting my wound to see an odd look on Keith's face. Another knot formed into my stomach as he tackled Napalm. Quickly I retrieved my dagger and ran to where Keith held him. His blade was inside of Napalm, unable to move it out. I took this opportunity and slashed right down on the defenseless player. It would be wise not to call me a little girl right now! 

ID: 7918; BD 9 (+2 Base Damage +1 ATH +3 Dagger= +6 Damage total)

Mob 8 :\ (After Keith's Damage is dealt, or right after his in the same post?)

Kiru: 82/87

Napalm: 65/150

[Napalm will now start stacking attacks. So he hits twice. The one from my last post being on me, and the one from your last post being on you.]

Napalm took the extra hits, and he groaned with pain. He looked back at Kiru slowly. "...You're not in any place to be making demands, runt..." He said, raising his sword and holding it upside down. He then plunged it downward. The sword went directly through Keith's back and came out his chest. Keith yelled in pain, and Napalm grabbed his hair, bringing his knee into Keith's face. Ruby growled on Keith's shoulder and hopped at Napalm, landing on the handle. The force was enough to make it move. The blade cut upward more, depending Napalm's wound before falling out. He bellowed in pain and swatted Ruby away, before turning and looking at Kiru. "And now for you..." He said, slashing at her. Before he hit, he yelled in frustration, only grazing Kiru's cheek. Keith's held his katana on the ground, and had sent a neat slash across Napalm's achilles tendon.

ID: 7920; BD 9 (+2 Base Damage +1 ATH +3 Katana +4 Skill= +10 Damage total)

Mob 8 : 5 Damage to Kiru

Mob 9: 6 Damage to Keith, 2 turn Burn

Keith: 88/107 [burned for two turns]

Kiru: 77/87

Napalm: 55/150

Before I had any time to react, Napalm was already piercing through the back of Keith. Stop! I screamed, feeling panicked by the sudden power boost this guy got. We had hit him countless times and now he was retaliating. I put my hands into fists and releases them several time before making my way towards Napalm. By the time I had moved ten feet, Napalm already made a move towards me with his sword pointed outwards. I dodged the attack at the very last second, causing him to only graze my cheek. I swung back with my dagger but it made no difference, I completely missed and was knocked off balance. Next, an idea came to mind. If I could distract him the slightest bit for Keith, get him to snap back at me, Keith could damage him. I smirked and shakily stood up. I think I'm more qualified to make demands than you! Your'e not even half way through with us yet and you still talk like your a big shot! 

ID: 7922; BD 1 (Miss..)

Mob Dice 7 :/

Keith: 88/107 [burned for two turns]

Kiru: 77/87

Napalm: 55/150

Keith coughed from the ground, and he shuffled slightly. The burning feeling coming back again. He felt the searing burn take it's toll as he lifted himself up. Ruby staggered over, his left eyes closed and swollen and the tip of his upper left ear was burned. Keith gently the Carbuncle up and set him on his shoulder, looking back at Napalm. The Maverick was still at Kiru, and he slashed her again, lightly grazing her shoulder. Keith gritted his teeth and ran over, raising his sword and slashing him across the back. Napalm staggered, before spinning around thrusting his sword at Keith's head. Keith tried to move, but was hit. He gasped with pain, feeling the burning hot blade dig into his right ear, slicing it clean off his head along with burning part of his hair black. Keith cupped one hand over the spot his ear had been, all he heard was a loud ringing noise.

ID: 7925; BD 6 (+1 Base Damage +1 ATH +3 Katana +4 Skill= +9 Damage total)

Mob 7 : 5 Damage to Kiru

Mob 7 : 5 Damage to Keith

Keith: 82/107 [burned for one turn]

Kiru: 72/87

Napalm: 46/150

The cut made into my shoulder I allowed to pass through purpose, I didn't even try to dodge his attack yet. If I were to just evade them right now I would be away from him. The possibility of him hitting Keith again would go up even more. Instead, I took the damage and continued to taunt him. Really?! You call that a hit? Jeez, I've been hit harder by a level seven before! Surely this isn't all you got. I smiled when Keith got the clue to not just watch me get beat up, but to attack Napalm with all his force. My plan went downhill from there, Napalm wasn't after me anymore. Hey!- I tried but he wasn't paying attention to me anymore, this was bad. Napalm swung backwards and did the unthinkable, cut Keith's ear off without hesitation. It came off cleanly in one swipe, breaking into pixels and well as burning his blue hair. Keith! I screamed, throwing away the plan I thought would work. I sprinted over to him immediately and began to shake Keith, yelling his name. He didn't respond. 

ID: 7930; BD 1 (man...)

Mob 6..

Keith: 82/107 [burned for one turn]

Kiru: 72/87

Napalm: 46/150

[Pretty tired, so sorry if this is bad...]

Keith blinked and took a few breaths, the loud ringing starting to die down. Slowly he began to hear Kiru's voice as she shook him. Was she saying his name? He couldn't tell. All Keith did see was Napalm coming up behind her. He tried something, anything to try and prevent her from getting hit, but in all the confusion, he couldn't. Keith was forced to watch as Napalm swung his sword into her side, hitting her off of him. Keith glared and grasped his sword, bolting up and then sending a slash upwards, slicing through Napalm like a hot knife through butter. Napalm's whole left arm came off, before bursting into crystals.

ID: 7930; BD 4 + All dem buffs (You know how much damage Keith does.)

Mob 6: 5 Damage to Kiru

Keith: 81/107

Kiru: 67/87

Napalm: 37/150

[Non, my reply was pretty horrid as well. Sorry for not giving that much to go off of.]

At this point I had gotten extremely worried, he hadn't been answering me. Keith! I yelled, still holding a firm grasp on both shoulders. ...Keith! I continued, hoping that he would reply. A slight tear rolled down my cheek as I was now scared. I wiped it away and was about to say his name another time. Suddenly, I felt a burning sensation cleave into my right side. The attack I knew was from Napalm made me lose my grip on Keith and fall to the ground. At the impact of the ground I gasped in pain loudly, clutching a hand to my side. The wound just above my hip was deeper than the other two but it still hurt all the same. I stood up shakily and glared at Napalm.

ID: 8044; BD 2 (Miss)

Mob 1 : D 

Keith: 81/107

Kiru: 67/87

Napalm: 37/150