[PP-F9] Napalm (Keith, Kiru)

Guest Keith

Keith watched as Napalm held the area where his arm had been hacked off. Keith didn't like seeing someone in so much pain, but... He had to defend himself as well as Kiru from this mad man. He lifted his sword again, pointing it at Napalm. "It came to this... But... Why? Why did it have to? Why do Mavericks insist on killing the countless innocent of Aincrad!?" Napalm laughed slightly, looking at Keith. "...Vile... Vile has big plans already in motion... If I lose my life to make this plan real, so be it... And I'm taking all I know to my grave..." Keith clenched his teeth, running forward slamming his sword into Napalm's chest, launching the Maverick backwards on impact. "You're insane." He said, turning around and walking over to Kiru. He knelt down and gently lifted her head, looking at her worriedly. "Kiru..? Kiru, are you alright..?"

ID: 8065; BD 4 +3 ACC (+1 Base Damage +1 ATH +3 Katana +4 Skill= +9 Damage total)

Mob 4: Safe. For now...

Keith: 81/107

Kiru: 67/87

Napalm: 28/150

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm fine. I said and waved him off, grabbing my dagger once more. What is with this guy? He's going to die in the next two hits...are we really going to kill him? I thought and stood for a moment, deeply in thought. I've always had doubts about dying the in the game, you couldn't in real life could you? That was constantly on my chest and now it was weighing me down. So, as per usual, I gritted my teeth and pushed the thought away for now. I nodded my head at Keith as a reassurance and dove forward, piercing the blade of my dagger into his forearm. I pulled it out quick and looked Napalm straight in the eye. Leave, I breathed in deeply. Or surrender yourself. You are going to die here if you continue to resist. 

ID: 8067; BD 8 (+1 Base Damage +1 ATH +3 Dagger= 5 Damage) 

Mob 7 :/

Keith: 81/107

Napalm: 23/150

Keith sighed heavily and looked to Kiru, shaking his head slightly as he closed his eyes. Napalm just stood up, staggering around and just blabbering random things, swinging his sword every which way. He had snapped mentally. He could rationalize anything. "Kiru... He... I don't think he's still there anymore. I think... We have to." He said, turning back to Napalm and sending a swift slash, hitting the Maverick along his calf, making him collapse on the ground. "Let's... Let's just make it quick... He doesn't deserve it, but it's the least we can do..." Keith said, not even flinching as Napalm made a little cut on his leg.

ID: 8067; BD 7 (+1 Base Damage +1 ATH +3 Katana +4 Skill= +9 Damage total)

Mob 7 

Mob 4

Keith: 76/107

Napalm: 14/150

I swallowed, Keith never spoke like that to me about anyone like that. Maybe Napalm was a lost cause...Even so, I tried once more to reason with the Maverick. He's still there, just a little freaked out is all. I walked forward, wincing when Keith was struck by Napalm. Though Keith made no noticeable reaction it still hurt to see him be attack constantly. I walked over to the struggling Napalm and drove my dagger into him slightly, not going in too far. C'mon...Napalm, you issued a challenge and now your at your end. Either admit that you are done for or...die. I warned once more, kneeling beside him. My eyes were now blankly staring, imagining, and mostly pondering about this player I was next to. Yes, he was a murderer but there was something unknown holding me back from ending him. 

ID: 8077; BD 6 (+1 Base Damage +1 ATH +3 Dagger= 5 Damage) 

Mob 10 :C (Kiru)

Keith: 76/107

Napalm: 9/150 (omg.)

Keith sighed, checking his inventory. He produced a prison crystal and looked to Kiru. "Kiru, I guess we have to-" "NO!" Keith was silenced at Napalm's outburst, he barely had anytime to look before Napalm rushed him, grabbing his left wrist and swiftly bringing his sword down, cleaving Keith's hand from his body in one swift motion. Keith screamed, staggering back and looking at his now missing hand. Napalm grabbed Kiru's hair, jabbing his sword into her back. "If I can't kill you, I'll just kill her!" Keith looked up slowly, before realising it was Napalm, or Kiru. And he made his choice in an instant. He ran forward and shoved Napalm, pulling the flaming sword from Kiru and swinging it with his right hand. The blade hit Napalm's helmet with great aim, destroying the helm. Napalm looked at them, hate burning in his eyes as he staggered back, tripping over. He landed backwards into a pool of lava, the molten rock swallowing him. Napalm screamed, trying to claw his way out. "Gah! Dear god, please... Please no!" Keith fell to his knees, watching the Maverick's health hit zero as he burned alive. Keith looked at the ground, a few tears running down his cheeks as he shook his head.

-Fight over-

I stood up, no longer kneeling beside Napalm and looked at Keith. He had a familiar crystal out, the one that almost sent us away and the one that transported the two Mavericks long ago. I started to nod at Keith, agreeing, but stopped when I heard Napalm yell out. As a last moment attempt to end this, scrambled over to Keith and cut off his hand from his arm. I stared at Keith with wide eyes and an open mouth for so long that I hardly noticed Napalm making his way over swiftly. He grabbed hold of my ponytail and stuck his sword into my back. I let out everything I had been holding in during the battle so far at that moment. I wailed in pain as the fire sword pierced deeper into my back. Everything hurt now, my side, my cheek, my leg, and now my back. I didn't dare move, it would just result in something worse. I stood there feeling helpless until Napalm suddenly removed his sword. I caught myself from falling forward and put a hand over my mouth, trying to conceal my screams. I heard a splashing sound and turned around to see Napalm sinking slowly into the hot pool of lava. His health hit zero and he died in the flames. I swallowed hard and looked over at Keith, who was on his knees. A feeling of worry washed over me when I stumbled over to him and placed a hand on his back. It's...It's okay....It's over..

Keith nodded, looking back at Kiru. He wiped his eyes with his sleeve, looking back over at her. "It... It never gets any easier..." He said, hugging Kiru and burying his face into her shoulder. Emotionally, Kiru was definitely more stable on things like this. In turn, Keith found it easier to be more open around her. She was stronger, and able to just simply be there for him. "I... I guess you can head back to town and restore your health... I'll just try to fend off mobs while letting my Battle Healing take care of me..." Keith said, wishing he had never taken this job. He could literally be with Kiru all the time, had he not been a yellow player. He would have been able to go into towns and just be with her, like a good fiance should. But, he just couldn't.

Instantly I was calmed when Keith wrapped his arms around me. It felt like I had no wounds at all, but I did. I hugged Keith back this time, not even thinking while doing so. No, I'm not going to do that. I hate that town, the guards have no respect for anyone. I'd probably cause a scene again. I whispered, thinking of the events that had just happened. Keith lost so much only to gain more stress an regrets. Being a Player Killer, having a colored cursor even was probably killing him on the inside. Next time...I'll be the one to end the life so Keith won't have to do it. He doesn't need this..I vowed releasing my arms from around him and looking him in the eye with a smile.Besides, if I left then what would happen to you? Your ear..and your hand are gone....I can't leave you alone to fight mobs with one hand now can I? I said and chuckled softly to muffle the sob I was trying to hold back. L-let's just do something fun okay? Let's go run somewhere or something, just get away from here. I suggested. mostly just wanting to get Keith away from this scarring place. 

"Hmph. You managed to defeat Napalm, so it would seem." The same, unamused voice from earlier said. Keith looked up from Kiru's shoulder, seeing Shade. "I never liked that loud mouth anyway. I consider it a personally favor you two got rid of him. And since you've been good dogs, I'll throw you your bones." Shade said, opening his menu and producing two bottles. Inside was a red liquid, seemingly a common healing potion. Though, the bottles had much more intricate designs, and the contents seemed to glow. "Vile's followers are very well-funded. So much so, we get luxuries like this. While I have no interest in actually doing as he says, all I care about are what profits me." He said, tossing the bottles on the ground next to them. "Don't let this give you any ideas... Don't expect another kindness like this from me either. Next we meet, expect a fight. I recommend you two polish your skills before then. From what I've seen, neither of you could hold your own against a higher class warrior like me." Shade said, holding up a blue crystal again, before vanishing. Seemingly for real this time. "I think... I think he just helped us..." Keith said, picking up one bottle Shade left, since he only had one hand, and offering it to Kiru.

Almost like it couldn't get any worse, it did. The same annoying voice that was now seared into my brain was speaking. I spun around to confirm my suspicion. It was Shade. That boy, I thought with clenched teeth. ...is an ungrateful, arrogant, stupid, and he will bite those words! How can he ever compare us to Vile or even himself? He doesn't even look strong enough to kill a boar. Yet... I sense murderous intent. Shade kept speaking of how we just did everything for him, killing his team. I glared coldly at Shade as he finished his little speech of how he claimed to be better than us. He spoke of Vile like he was nothing and talked to us like we weren't even there. He had no class at all. Shade even had the nerve to throw two health potions at Keith and I/

Oh, I look forward to seeing you on your knees! I jeered, now angry that he dared to say such things. After a moment of recollecting myself I turned to Keith and shook my head. I don't need it, plus your health is way below mine. 

(I'm such a hypocrite lol)

Keith tilted his head, looking at Kiru authoritively. "There's two, and we're both hurt pretty bad. If you don't use one, then I won't use one." Keith said, still holding the one out for her in his right hand. He really did want Kiru to take it. He knew she had a pride, not wanting anything from Shade, but there was a limit that would go. He knew she needed this, since they both had taken hefty damage and had a lot of lingering pain. Needless to say, this potion was a full heal. A one-way ticket right back to full health. And seeing there were two, they may as well use what they have available.

I looked at Keith with a slight frown. Now you're just being unfair. If I said I was going to jump off the edge of Aincrad you wouldn't follow me would you? I don't want anything from that boy. I said, referring to Shade. He was so stuck up yet we were so much alike. It sickened me to the point of hating him without really knowing the reason behind it. I looked at Keith, unaware that I had been staring at the ground so angrily, and saw something in his eyes. It was unexplainable. I just knew I needed to drink it to make him content. Just do it. It's not going to kill you. This will be the first and last time using health potions. I exhaled deeply of annoyance and took the bottle from him. I closed my eyes and drank it. There.

Keith sighed and drank his, causing his ear and hand to respawn. The bottle vanished in his hand and he looked at Kiru. "I'm sorry..." He said, gently placing his hands on her cheeks and leaning forward, pressing his lips to her's and kissing her. It continued for about ten seconds, before Keith slowly pulled away and smiled at her. "Should we just go do something fun now? No more hunting Mavericks for a while..." He said, Ruby pounding up behind them and leaping onto Keith's shoulder. The Carbuncle yipped and crawled over to Kiru's shoulder, rubbing against her cheek.

After Keith and I drank the familiar red liquid we were each ridden of our wounds and given full health. No, don't be. I had a little fun with this. I slipped in before he leaned in and kissed me. I closed my eyes and returned it without hesitation. After the kiss he suggested the idea that we go do something fun. In my mind it sounded really good right now, especially for Keith. It would get his mind off of things and return to his usual state of happiness. Yeah, anywhere away from here. I said and gave a weary glance to the Gondola. It still awaited us to be carried up to the main floor accompanied by a creaky, unstable, and dangerous ride. I chuckled and pulled Keith's now regenerated hand over to the transport. 

Keith smiled and laughed a little, getting into the rickety gondola with Kiru. He sat on the metal bench and opened his menu, sending some Col to Kiru. "Here, I'm giving you some Col so that you can get a dress for when we have the wedding. And don't try being modest and not accepting it. Once we are married, we share Col anyway, so I'm just giving you this much to get the dress right away." He said, hitting 'Send' and then smiling to Kiru. Was it a lot? Sure, but it was enough to get her a dress and then some. Besides, once they were married they would just share a combined total again.

-10,000 Col from Keith

+10,000 Col to Kiru