[PP-F3] Lesson 1-Churches of the Dead (Oikawa, Keith, Kiru) (Complete)

Having just arrived on Floor 3, Oikawa was amazed by how bland the area outside the Delilah Village was. Nothing but prairie, extended beyond the safe zone and dandelion fields that surrounded the village, for what seemed like miles. Off in the distance you could spot a forest of sorts and further out than that some oldish buildings spanned the horizons. Tapping his HUD, he checked his gear. Making sure everything was in order before he proceeded. "Lets go checkout Delilah Village. Maybe there's something worth sticking around for!" Muttering to himself, he walked into the village thus entering the village of the third floor for the first official time...

"LAST time you eat chocolate! Got it!? LAST TIME." Keith scolded his familiar, exiting a small vet shop outside of Deliah Village. He carbuncle whine and then yipped with a little sass, looking away from Keith. "Oh? Oh! Ignoring me now, huh? Well, if someone didn't eat their own weight in chocolate, this wouldn't have happened!" Keith argued, walking down the road while he talked to the familiar. Ruby looked at him and stuck his tongue out, before looking away again. "Do I have to remind you what happens when you eat food items you're not supposed to?" Keith argued, continuing talking to his familiar.

Just like last time I had been on this floor, I was just outside Delilah Village. In fact, I was in the exact same location where I had met Kosan. I sat in the large patch of daises under a large tree that provided a lot of shade. The thick branches and abundant leaves blocked out the persistent and blazing sun from touching my face. Though this floor wasn't as hot as Floor 9, it was still annoyingly humid. Even so, this was where I went to relax, and today I was taking the day off. Previous events and jobs had exhausted me to the point where I had fallen asleep under the tree. I wasn't exactly unarmed though, I had a dagger hidden up my sleeve in case of a random sleep PK. 

Walking down the streets of the village was exhausting. Between the crowds of customers and rows of salesman,Oikawa wondered how anyone got anywhere in this place. Finally making it to a shoppe, Oikawa decided to take a break. He looked around the shoppe and noticed they sold interesting little crafts. Mostly figures and wooden jewelry, one particular craft caught his eye. It was a skeleton praying to a statue with a church behind it. The oddity intrigued him more and more as he inspected it. Walking up to the NPC who ran the shop, he inquired about what the craft was about.

"So where is this located at? Is it a place in-game?" The NPC, who was female, replied, "It's a scene from an area around a statue of Charon the Ferryman in the area known as Churches of the Dead. I don't know much about it, but I heard its haunted and only those worthy enough to solve the riddle can enter the churches."

"Thank you! Do you mind if I purchase this?" The NPC responded "You can have it free of charge. It gives me the willies!" Taking his craft, Oikawa decided that he wanted to go explore this Churches of the Dead place.

Keith walked in silence, his argument with his familiar over and the two back to being best of friends. Keith just walked down the dirt road, enjoying the nice day that the programmers had put in. Keith then stopped, eyeing something in the distance. Was it a building? It looked run down. "Ah, sweet! Game devs always put all kinds of rare stuff or easter eggs in creepy places like that!" Keith said, going into a jog to reach the spooky building. Upon arriving, he stopped at the door, seeing a rusted lock. "...Darn it." He pouted, fiddling with the lock. He didn't have a single point in lock picking. "UGH... I bet you had to pre-order to find the eggs in here..."

Having gotten his free ware, Oikawa was determined to check out this new area. Strolling through the field of dandelions, Oikawa notice a peculiar figure lying about. Deciding to investigate, he walked over to it. Oikawa was astonished when he realized the figure was a girl player. She seemed to be sleeping. Black and an blue locks of hair cascaded her face as she laid peacefully. She's actually quite the looker.  Hmm I wonder why she's sleeping here of all places? Should I wake her up? Yeah, its not safe for a miss such as herself to be out here where PKers could attack her.

Getting closer to the girl, he decided to poke her a few times on the shoulder. "Hey miss are you okay? You shouldn't be out here all by your lonesome."

No...I mumbled and shifted slightly, trying to go back asleep. Talking as I slept was normal but a reply was made, someone was speaking to me. Upon being poked I woke up slowly. My eyes opened slightly just as the figure began to speak. When I was finally aware that there was another person beside me, and touching me for the matter, I sprang to me feet. I held the dagger out in front of me with a glare and inspected to player. He seemed to be unarmed but that was no reason at all to let my guard down. Why are you here? Also, I'm curious to know why exactly you thought it would be smart to simply poke a higher level player while they are sleeping! Any other sane person would have left me be. I fixed a strand of hair that fell over my eyes and brushed it away swiftly.

Oikawa put both hands up and backed away slowly. Once at a safer distance, he spoke. "Miss, this is an open area. Anyone could've strolled through here just like I did." Looking down, he continued. "Sorry miss. I was just concerned about your safety. It's not like I knew you were a high leveled player. I can only see that you're not a PKer." Glancing back up at the girl, he couldn't help but admire the awesomeness of her dual-toned hair. It's a good look on her. I wonder how she got that in real life. Probably just patience and a careful hand. Hmm, she's pretty cute for a player that could've easily just ended me. Crap!!! I've been staring at her too long, now I look like a creepy idiot. Look away dumbass. Taking his mental advice, Oikawa looked off towards the distance. "My apologies miss."

Keith's ears perked up at the sound of some shouting in the distance, and he sprang into action. He let go of the lock he had been holding, and rocketed off towards the sounds. It didn't take long before he found the source. It seemed like Kiru, and some other person with her... Was she getting hassled? Keith skid to a halt between Kiru and the stranger. He drew his katana in one swift motion and pointed at the stranger. Ruby clung to his shoulder and made a little bark at the target, baring his fangs. "Heh. So, leave it to one of Vile's boys to try and do something to Kiru when I'm not around. You get one chance, Maverick. Don't mess it up."

In the distance, Oikawa saw something. It was moving fast and was suddenly in the space between himself and the miss. A katana was quickly unsheathed and pointed towards him. Taking another step back, Oikawa addressed what he now realized was a blue haired boy. "Hello to you to sir." Brushing the the blade aside with two fingers he contiued. "Two things. What in the world is a Maverick and who in the world is Vile?" Waiting for a reply he thought for a bit.

So her name is Kiru. Just as pretty as she is. It's a fitting name. As for this blue haired kid, I wonder what his deal is. Just rushing around drawing weapons on people. Oikawa looked up and noticed something interesting about the blue guy. "You're a PKer? Yet here you are protecting someone. You're rather weird you know that?"

I need to stay aware. I have no idea what this guy is capable of or how strong he is.

My eyes widened with anger, I had to stop myself from whacking this idiot upside the head. An open area?! Wow! Would you look at that...I've stumbled upon an area of land that's open to all! I exclaimed with a highly sarcastic tone. Then I gasped to add an even more dramatic feel to my rant. You don't suppose that other people walk around here do you? I mean surely I would be aware of something like that but I guess not! I exhaled a large breath to relieve myself from fully yelling at this person. Then I looked up and caught him staring a me. With a perked eyebrow I put my dagger away and crossed my arms. 

Then, almost out of nowhere, Keith was suddenly standing in front of me defensively, warning the player. Even Ruby was playing along. I sighed at all of the drama appearing before me. All I wanted to do was take a nap...and now I had a false accusation. Keith, he's not a Maverick, just someone who almost got killed. I said, pushing Keith to the side and leaning forward with a glare. Vile, is a terrible person whom's name I suggest you shouldn't repeat if you know what's good for your health. Also, I advise you not to mention knowing or seeing either of us. I pointed to Keith and I and continued. He isn't a PKer, believe me. The jewel above his head may be yellow but that shouldn't define whether or not he murders people for fun. A Maverick however, kills countless people for the fun of it. I explained whilst maintaining a glare towards the player. I still couldn't tell his intentions. 

Keith's eyes strayed up to his crystal and then back to the player. He didn't like the way he looked at Kiru. "...Meh... Odds are he's one of those lower class Mavericks. His crystal is still green." Keith said, running his katana against it's sheath before sliding it in. Ruby made another little bark, glaring at the player with sass. "Kiru, whaddya propose we do?" Keith whispered to Kiru, leaning close to her while still studying the other player. "...I'm not entirely sure if this guy is even a Maverick. If he was, he would have gone into a frenzy at the sight of both of us in the same place. That, or he's a good actor." 

Keith was having his doubts about this guy being a Maverick. So, the most he could do now was go about things normally. "Sorry about that. I'm Keith. Keith Yudai! Nice to meet you!" Keith said, reaching out one hand for a shake to the stranger.

"He who must not be named and Mavericks are PKers who kill for nothing more than pleasure? Noted." Glancing towards the blue one known as Keith, he addressed his statement. "I'm definitely no maverick. the strongest thing I'v killed is a field boss and I wouldn't dare draw my weapon against an UNARMED Green player. Seeing as they're green I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe I'm too kind. Sue me." The Keith suddenly apologized and offered him a handshake.Taking his hand, he spoke. "Apology accepted. I also apologize for disturbing the miss. It's obvious she can handle herself and if not she has a powerful ally in you." he explained pointing at Keith.

"While that was fun, I have a certain Immortal Ghost to find. Unless you two would care to join me?"

A laugh escaped my mouth slightly when Keith began to whisper about the boy in front of us. Yes, he was an idiot, but I knew right away that he was not a PKer. Usually Pkers were arrogant and would have already had their weapon drawn. Another reason was he was insanely polite and referred to me as miss. There was no way in Aincrad that this dude was a Maverick. I think we should teach him a lesson for waking up a sleeping Kiru, he could have died a moment ago. I whispered back, obviously joking about the matter. You can do whatever but I'm not interested in him, he's a little boring. There's no reason to pursue him but wherever you go, I will follow. 

I turned my head back to the boy in front of Keith and I with a glare returning to my face. Care to join you? Now why would we want to do that? Were probably thirty or so levels above you and yet you ask us if we want to accompany you on your frivolous adventure? Hah, spare me. I said wit ha grim smile and stepped forward towards the lower leveled player. A word of advice kid, don't approach sleeping players. Next time you do that, you're gonna get killed. 

Keith rolled his eyes and nudged Kiru slightly. "Aw, c'mon Kiru, don't be so angsty. What she means to say is, we would love to come along with you. That is, depending on where you plan on going." Keith said, smiling back to Oikawa and keeping his arms at his sides. He slipped his hand into Kiru's, though, and gave her a little squeeze that said, "We got this." "Anyway, just head in the direction and we'll follow!" Keith said, Ruby nodding a little in agreement, though still having a shifty squint. Ruby was a paranoid little carbuncle. Though Keith was sure Oikawa was a good guy.

[sorry for the short post. I dunno what to do. ;n;]

The one known as Kiru, gave Oikawa the third degree about waking up higher leveled players. As he listened more intently to Keith, he realized just how quickly these two could flip a switch. Just seconds ago, she was a peaceful beauty. Minding her own business all the while being sleep. And just moments ago, Keith was trying to shove his rapier down my throat. Are these the type of people I really want to be around? No matter, it seems Keith is being the most reasonable at the moment, although Kiru has a right to her superiority ego. I digress. 

Looking over the pair, he came to terms with the fact they were an odd couple. Nonetheless, he was glad they had taken him up on his offer. "Like I said moments ago, I'm off to visit the Churches of the Dead. Rumor has it there's an Immortal Object, known as Charon the Ferryman, who keeps trespassers from entering the churches. I want to know what it's hiding in there. If you guys are still wanting to go, I shall certainly lead the way."

With that, he turned towards the direction Keith had came from and began walking towards the looming clouds in the distance. 

I frowned and stepped beside Keith with a slight pout on my face. He was just volunteering us both to walk around with this idiot? I certainly didn't want to go anywhere, I just wanted to sleep. I let out a huff of annoyance and turned back to the kid. Well, I wouldn't go that far as to say I would love to go with you per say but...I guess it could be bearable. That is of course if you can actually navigate..I  looked down at Keith's hand as he interlocked it with mine, it felt nice. It was sort of a calming gesture, sort of telling me that it was going to be okay. I sighed and half glared at Keith. No, I have to come. If I were to turn around you'd probably drag me along again. Unlike last time, I would like to be in control of my own movements. Though I'm tired and prefer not to walk I will still walk by myself. I stated and listened to this guy's task, he was going after a place called the "Churches of The Dead." The rumors were an immortal object guarding something inside but I didn't believe that. I had actually tried to investigate this same cases once but I got distracted and ended up not even trying. If we did succeed in finding this monster then certainly I would like to challenge it. I looked at Keith and raised an eyebrow. 

Keith looked back to Oikawa and gave a nod, following along. "So... This the Churches of the Dead? Like... THe one people talk about all the time?" Keith said, still holding Kiru's hand and rubbing his neck with his other. "Huh... I've heard nothing but bad stuff about that place... Some people say that you can hear the voices of deceased players in there..." Keith made a nervous laugh and held Kiru's hand a little tighter. "But that's just gossip to spook the younger players, right? ...Right?" He said, not sounding so sure of himself. While Keith wasn't cowardly by any means, something that so many people claimed to be the voices of the dead inside a restricted building kinda set him off. 

Kiru-senpai had some concerns about the adventure, but eventually came around to it. Provided that he could successfully get them to the area. "I can get there. The hard part will be finding out how to get in." Oikawa led the way as they traversed the fields that led to the churches. Keith-senpai began to ask a few questions as we neared our destination. He sounded unsure of the trek for someone who was well over Oikawa's level. 

"Well to be completely be honest Keith-senpai, I haven't heard of these churches until today. But I can only assume the rumors are about the same place we are heading to." Looking up as the churches came into sight, Oikawa spoke once more." With you two, I'm sure we can handle anything thrown at us. I mean you two have to be the two strongest players I've met thus far." Coming to a slow stop, Oikawa gestured to the eerie buildings that lay just a few hundred yards ahead of them.

"I think we're here..."

Keith took a few steps forward as they approached the church. "Huh... So this is the church..." Keith said, reaching out one hand to touch the door. "That it would be." He stopped and jolted up, looking around wildly before finally seeing Shade, who was standing behind them not too far back. The PKer stood there, the same unamused expression on his tan face as he studied the group. His red eyes looked over them, as he stood with his arms crossed like usual. "And if any of you value living, which I'm going to assume you do, I wouldn't enter." 

Keith huffed and walked over to Shade, trying to stare him down. The two had the exact same height, and shared the same kind of "I'm gonna win" expression. "Well? How come?" Keith said, still staring at Shade. "Hmph. Because, how exactly do you plan on defeating an immortal object? It's in the name, faker. Immortal objects cannot be defeated. And if one of them is a mob, then you could never win. It's simply fact." Shade said, before turning his back to them and glancing over his shoulder. "I assume the odd-one-out in this group is the one who lead the way here. So naturally, he should call this off. I honestly couldn't care either way." He said, before walking off.