[PP-F2] Be there or be Square (Square One)

Crozeph turned his head at the mention of a duel "looks like someone is going to prove something" he said. Crozeph lied down to the ground again, he was lazy and it's his nature especially when he's just roaming around and trying to fit himself in. Shinex still left and impression on him on his movements then he looked at X who is now asked for a duel by a girl named Ariel "you can do it X, assuming she won't go all out" he said "that would be a big problem" he said. Crozeph always see X as a funny person, everywhere not giving a damn even if others don't find his antics funny but who can say no to a performer like him "still Shinex has got more serious skills" he said thinking that X only wants to fight mobs and not other players. Crozeph rolled over, his face on the grass "we haven't start camping but I already feel comfortable here already" he said.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oikawa smirked at the sound of Ariel and X dueling. "Come guys we all know who'd win. No offense but she'd definitely stronger than your average gamer. I know that first hand." Settling his gaze back on the trail, Oikawa just enjoyed the sounds of nature as they trotted along. Aeternum spoke up about doing our best and keeping our HP as high as possible. "I agree, however this is more of a bonding trip than a fighting trip if I'm not mistaken", He said to no one in particular. "That doesn't mean fighting is out of the question though either". 

Oikawa observed as Crozeph decided to lay down again which was odd considering they were on the move. "Don't get to comfortable Crow! We may leave you behind", Oikawa joked. Rather amused with the groups antics, Oikawa was definitely beginning to feel good about this trip.

This won't be as bad as I thought. Everyone seems to get along, and we're being led by the one and only Azide. I don't see much going wrong....

I stopped playing my guitar. I fixed my look dead at ariel. I began selecting difrent options in the menu.

"That sounds about right... Alright first hit wins the duel." I said to ariel while selecting the duel icon in my menu.

I sent over the request and took out my cutlass. I then promptly planted the blade into the ground and balanced on top. I then took out a piece of breadx1 and began eating while balancing.

"So yeah... Any day now." I replied while eating the piece of bread.

I was hungry ever since I woke up so I decided there was no time like the present.

With the whole band now making their way towards the nearby woodlands, Azide could hear a healthy amount of chatter between the various personalities that had shown up today. "With so many different characters in our ranks, it's a wonder that we've managed to avoid any conflicts up until now." Still, he found himself pleased by the noise, as it signaled a healthy guild. "The faster we get to know each other, the better this'll end up going."

As they began their steady march in search of a fitting campsite, Aeternum walked up by his side, replying to earlier questions about his eyepatch. "I think you might find yourself getting even better at that if you take off the patch altogether," he remarked. His tone was a bit sarcastic, but his expression would assure that he meant it in jest. "Although I would definitely recommend just that, actually."

Shortly after, however, Azide's managed to pick out the voices of Ariel and X from the sea of chatter. "A duel?" he wondered. He turned and noticed the guild had come to a halt, with Crozeph even laying down in the grass, and X with a cutlass in hand. He laughed and shook his head. "Looks like everyone has something to prove here," he said, shrugging. He shifted his gaze to X and Ariel specifically. "As a council member and a trusted ally, I have a lot of interest in ensuring both of you stay in good health. But if you'd like to go ahead with your duel, I won't stop you." He shifted his eyes to Oikawa for a moment, but darted them back immediately. "Just keep in mind that you might have to end up sleeping early tonight, assuming one of you were to lose too much health."

Shinex walked closer to the group. "Is this even a fair duel?" Shinex doesn't know the two's current strength. Shinex is using information from the past. He think Ariel would win, until X said that the first hit wins. "Looks like X gave himself a chance." Shinex commented. "As long as nobody dies then I won't care." He crossed his arms and stared at the two. "50 Col that Ariel wins. Anybody gonna join in on my bet?" Shinex excitedly said. I might as well make some money off of this. Shinex thought. He almost laughed due to him thinking of everybody's reaction if he wins the bet.

As the group decided to stop, Oikawa turned on his heel and watched as a new event unfolded. Azide spoke a bit about the duel that was going to happen between X and Ariel. While concerned, he allowed it as long as one was prepared to go to sleep early if they took to much damage. Shinex, much like Oikawa favored Ariel in this bout. Shinex took it a notch higher though, by placing a bet. Oikawa raised his hand and spoke. "Let me get in on that, I also think Ariel will win. 50 Col says so."

Though it wasn't much, it was just friendly banter all the same. Even though X is my council and guild mate, I still think he has much to learn. Especially combat wise but nonetheless this will prove interesting. Hey if we're lucky he may even prove us all wrong. Returning Azide's gaze Oikawa chimed in "Like I said I'm all for it. Just no severe damage folks."

Seeing Azide having no problem with her statement, Ariel entered a defensive stance (much like that in the sig). A move she had practiced in game and IRL from she could remember. The act of unsheathing her slightly heavier and black rapier came to her as an elegant reflex. Slowly widening the distance between her left and right foot to give her extra stability for the pending attack. She saw the duel request pop-up: 

"Me and my big mouth...but now it's too late to back down" thought Ariel while looking around, everybody seemed to be interested in their duel, stopping any other action than watching them. She even heard Shinex and Oikawa make a couple of bets on her win. Her excitement grew with every second. Feeling and memories from the different championships she attended to, began to resurface. They were like this one..a first hit duel.. but her opponent wasn't the usual one..he was..impredicable. Even the position he choose to have ticked her off, forcing her to elaborate other attack patterns. She left behind those doubts and accepted the request. The next moment she sprinted towards her opponent not leaving him time to reach, and thrusted her rapier at his left side 15 cm lower than where the heart would be..and missed by a few millimeters.

ID: 9201 BD:5 (nat. 2 + 3 acc)

I sighed as ariel missed as I really was trying to just have her hit me to get this over with. I decided I might as well given this situation. I backflipped off my cutlass and landed back on it using my hand to balance.

"You know I really didn't want to do this." I said I thrusted my self and cutlass out of the ground.

While in the air I performed a few acrobatic twists and turns. Then I came down onto ariel spiraling with my cutlass out. It was a pretty decent hit.( 1 damage ariel mitigation can't block all of it)

iD:9205 battle:7-1eva= 6 it's a hit.

The duel winner icon appeared above my head and just say back down and fineshed my bread.

"Oikawa, wannabe ninja... Weres my 100 col?" I asked the two spectating.

"Technically we bet against you winning not with you directly, and no one else bet in your favor. However its just 50 Col so take it. You won the duel and as such I apologize for doubting you. Don't get cocky tho, I'm still confident that in a full fight Ariel would dismantle you." Oikawa brought a menu with the few swipes in the air. Hovering over X's name, he swiped at the gift option and sent him 50 Col. "There. It is sent. Now unless anyone else here wants to prove their fighting spirit, lets get a move on." 

Turning around once again, Oikawa began to briskly walk the trail.

Shinex chuckled. "Can't really be surprised. Oh well." Shinex pulled up his menu and sent his 50 Col to X. Well crap. I figured that it was a 50/50 chance. It was just something fun to do after all. Shinex stretched his arms. "So, about the camping. Where's the leader?" Shinex would ask as he walked the trail. Maybe joining a guild wasn't as bad as I thought. Sure, I don't consider these guys my friends, but that doesn't mean they're not my teammates. For once, Shinex thinks that he'll have fun in the death game.

Crozeph sat down as soon as he heard them betting on who would win "I'd put my col on X but I'll just save it up for some weapon in the future" he said. Crozeph has lost a good amount of col after getting his new armor forged, even buying bread was too costly for him. He also heard Oikawa call him Crow, a name he hadn't heard from others for a while "a name I earned when I was still a new player" he thought. Crozeph then stood up and looked for his guild leader, their camping will soon begin.

Ariel remained  with her sword in the air even after X went to collect the income from the bets. She could not believe she just lost, only missing the intended spot by mere millimeters. Her aim was perfect.. 15 cm lower than the heart and to the outer left, in this way avoiding any vital organ and only scratching him, in the worst case tearing a little fabric from his outfit. "Did I concentrated too much and my hand flinched at the last moment?" she asked herself, then she sheathed her rapier in the same elegant manner she unsheathed it and showed a small smile while saying. Sorry Shinex, Oikawa for causing you to lose money... I'll treat you sometime so we get even, then she started walking again, retracing her steps and double checking her moves, in her mind while putting a troubled expression, letting out in a small tone: "What did I do wrong?"

"Ariel you didn't do anything wrong..." I started saying.

I slung my guitar back in front of me and began playing slowely.

"You just failed to realize..." I continued while playing faster and louder.

"That I'm the best aaarrroouuunnndd nothing's ever gonna keeeeeep me down, I'm the best arouuuunnnnddd and no ones ever gonna keeeep me dooooowwwwnnn..." I sang almost ten times as louder than before making sure to hit those high notes.

I continued on the path with my group performing my usual acrobatics and even making up new ones as I went alongside the new ones are flashier and more mind blowing than before.

Oikawa briefly looked over his shoulder, and gave Ariel a thumbs up, acknowledging the idea of a free meal. Eyes locked forward once again, Oikawa continued to descend into the ever growing forest that seemed to span on forever. He then called up to Azide. "Yo! How much longer until we reach this campsite?" Patting his stomach he continued. "I didn't quite eat before I came. and I'd rather not just eat in front of everyone when they aren't eating."

Crozeph followed them behind as they make their way to the campsite Azide has set "I've had enough training but I guess having more doesn't hurt" he said as he opened his inventory and took out a bread "this one was given to me by Kiru" he said. Crozeph missed his old friends who has gone somewhere, probably getting stronger as each day in Aincrad pass by "while I'm still here, trying to prove something" he thought. Crozeph looked at the bread again and it seemed tasty enough for him to take a bite, it was his favorite food after all. As soon as Crozeph was about to take a bite he heard Oikawa say something about food  "I didn't quite eat before I came. and I'd rather not just eat in front of everyone when they aren't eating" he heard. Crozeph then looked at his bread again "wait to go on tapping my conscience" he thought. Crozeph teared it in half and handed one of it to Oikawa "here have some" he said behind the.

"Who should I be rooting for?" he wondered. On one hand, X did happen to be his guild mate and a founding member of Square One. But on the other, he was also X, and had called Azide out on his typo earlier today. "Ariel it is," he decided. Deciding it would be unprofessional to pull out some popcorn and place a few bets against a member of his own council, he was content to join the small crowd that had gathered around to watch the spurr-of-the-moment duel.

What he hadn't been prepared for, however, was that very same duel ending in a few seconds. One moment Ariel was swinging her sword, coming fractions of an inch away from her target. By the next, a dialogue had appeared above their heads proclaiming X as the winner, ending their spar with a slash out of an aerial flip. "Flashy," he'd thought, only to be baffled when the strike had actually hit.

With that, Azide clapped his hands together. "Bravo, both of you. Now let's get a move on." Sure enough, the party began making progress on the trail once more.

After a while, he could've sworn he'd heard the growl of a hungry stomach, which was followed by a question from Oikawa. He turned his head to address his fellow guild mate and council member. "Not too much further, Oikawa. Just a few more minutes, so we're basically already there."

He smiled, seeing Crozeph hand him a half of his bread. "You know, you're a good man, Crozeph. I'd do the same thing if I hadn't tossed out all of my bread and water a while back to make room in my inventory, but that doesn't take away from it one bit." He looked up ahead. "We'll be there in no time, everyone."

Shinex got bored and started climbing trees. He's still trying to get used to hanging around people. Apparently he still feels alone. It doesn't bother him much though. He's kinda entertaining himself. He still wonders about players missing in the area. Is Azide sure they're players? They could be NPCs in an event. Whatever's going on, hopefully it won't kill me. Shinex had random thoughts going on while he jumps from tree to tree. He doesn't focus on what others start to think of him. Hopefully the so called missing players are alive still.

I ran after shinex who began slowely traveling threw trees. I ran over and jumped tree to tree to make it to the top rather than taking forever climbing them. I was able to catch up the shinex pretty fast and even ended up passing him and had to stop and wait for him. Finally when I was able to match his speed I began talking to him.

"Hey shinex check this out!" I yelled to him as I began performing difrent flips while traveling across the branches.

I had to go slower than usual to stay with shinex even with adding in all the flips.

"We're coming up on that clearing now let's start setting up camp there for when everyone else shows up." I said to shinex.

I leaped off the branch into a barrel roll and landed balancing on my hands in the grass. I quickly flipped back to my feet and began looking for a good spot to hang up my hammock.

Ariel decided to let X him celebrate his victory by ignoring his singing, and going after the others. Kimba soon followed and decided to walk in front of them. After two of them decided that traveling via trees was more fun, Kimba started roaring and following them on the ground, she wanted to join in the fun too. But she couldn't climb more than a couple of branches before falling on her feet. Ariel decided to let her be and walked with the others:

"You guys sure are easy going guild, can't wait to see how you fight in a boss battle for the next floor" she remarked in an amused tone. Meanwhile X signaled the rest that there was a clearing in front of them, Ariel turned around and asked Azide: "Is this the spot?"

Crozeph looked at Shinex and X up on the trees "wow, they're good at it and here I am, feet on the ground and making dust clouds on every step" he thought while eating his bread. Crozeph also saw the cub trying to climb and it made him let out a nervous smile "I can imagine my flesh getting teared off by this cub" he thought. Crozeph was never afraid of animals but he attended school enough to know who the predators and preys are.

Crozeph smiled at the mention of being an easy going guild "yeah we leave that kind of impression everytime" he said before taking a bite of his bread. Crozeph is quite easy going himself making it a bit relatable for him "I must say I am also, my other friends are already high-level while I'm still here" Crozeph swallowed hard "roaming around and catching up with the guild every now and then" he said. "Our guild leader is quite a hard-worker though" he told her.