(OP-F1) <<The Eye Patch Is A Problem>> (Complete)

Aeternum sat in an alley, frustrated beyond belief. He had bumped into seven people, three walls, and even a pole. In his hand was his eye patch, and he was on the verge of crying. Ever since he had been called 3D, he had slowly started disliking the name because he thought it might be other peoples way of making fun of him. That is why he had gotten the eye patch, to cover up one of his eyes. But, while it had kept people from looking at his eyes, it had also caused him a bit of trouble in the sight department.

He threw his eye patch across the alley and glared at it. It had not solved his problems, but made them worse.

Xanward walked the streets of the city. It was another day in Aincraid, much like the last, but he had yet to actually leave the town. He was disappointed in himself. Here he was, trapped in a fantasy world, where he could be anything, and instead of going out and becoming a hero, he was watching players come and go. His excuse to stay within the city being that the Beaters, as players had come to call a number of selfish beta testers, had slew many of the mobs when they had first become trapped in the VRMMO. Now that a long time had passed since their confinement, that excuse was no longer valid, but it could always be replaced by the excuse that he was now too weak to join the front-line.

He sighed and kicked a rock down the street, before noticing movement in a nearby ally. There was a teenager sitting there, quite distressed by the look of things. Xanward walked over and picked up the eye-patch. "I believe you may have dropped this." He paused for a moment to think,"Are you alright?"

I was sitting on the ledge of the building looking down into the alley way at my buddy 3D. He seemed upset so I decided to echo my little nickname for him to cheer him up.

"3D...3D...3D..." I began to say making a fake echo.

After I made my presence noticed I jumped across the ally onto a lower ledge. I walked across this ledge then flipped onto a couple of stacked crates. I then continued to climb off and greet my friend properly.

"Hey what's up man!" I said to 3D as I aproached him.

Aeternum first looked at the player who had picked up his eye patch, and then to X, before saying, "No, I didn't drop the eye patch. And hey, X, things are ok-ish." Here was X, he could talk to him now, explain that he was uncomfortable with the nickname. But he didn't want to hurt his feelings, that would be bad. He would have to find a way to explain without sounding rude or hurtful. Sighing, he stood up shakily and said, "Man, we need to talk... about that nickname." Walking over to the player holding his eye patch, he retrieved it and put it on.

"It says a lot that I'm no longer surprised to see things like this," thought Azide as he spotted his guild mate X jumping off of a building and into an alley. "Might as well go say hi. Not like there's much else to do around here, aside from blowing up potions." He turned the corner of the building, finding not only X, but two other players as well.

"Hey, X!" he called out, waving as we walked over to the group. He turned to each of the other two players, giving each a slight nod of acknowledgement. "Are you two friends of X?" Noticing the distressed look of the player wearing an eye patch, Azide turned to face him. "You alright there?"

Xanward was surprised at the teenager having jumped from the building into the ally. It was an unusual way to make an appearance, that was certain. As the one known as X chanted "3D" in a fake echo, Xanward noticed the troubling look on the other player's face. That is a familiar look, Xanward thought, reminds me of the first year I was acting. I was unable to tell if people were genuinely complimenting me on my ability or just mocking me because I had no experience. The teenager whose name Xanward wasn't aware of silenced his thoughts when he took the eyepatch from his hand. The two seemed to be friends, or friendly at the least, perhaps there was some sort of misunderstanding between them.

Xanward turned toward the newcomer and shook his head. "I was only walking passed when this one," Xanward motioned towards the teen with the eyepatch,"dropped his eye patch, and I was picking it up for him."

Xanward thought it better that the two players deal with their misunderstanding between themselves. Incase X was the kind of person who guilted easily, he didn't want to mention the eye patch teen's distress, had he not noticed it himself.

I noticed someone said something about an eye patch and it being 3D's

"Is the eyepatch really necessary 3D? I mean if you really think your eyes look wierd the game still allows you to change your eye and hair color." I said as leaned back against the wall.

I messed around in the menus for a bit and rapidly pressed all the colors so my hair and eyes temporarly looked like a light show. After I had my fun I returned them back to my usual black hair and brown eyes. It was true afterall after charecter creation was locked everyone was still allowed to do atleast this and change clothes.

Aeternum just stared at X through his uncovered eye, amazed that he had pieced together how Aeternum had felt and offered a solution in less than a minute. He sighed, saying, "I'm not going to change what I look like, X. I just want to avoid being called 3D when my eyes are both visible. Instead," he thought for several moments, "could you just call me Joyce when I'm not wearing the eye patch? It would help make me feel better." Aeternum had winced as he said his nickname with the two strangers nearby, but knew it was necessary.

Thinking back to just before X had mentioned the color changing, he said to the player who asked if X, Aeternum, and the other guy were friends, "Well, I know X, but I'm not sure about that guy there," pointing to the player who had picked up the eye patch earlier before continuing, "yeah, X got me into a guild. I hope I can meet the others soon, though."

"Ah, who knew eyepatches were so easily dropped?" replied Azide to one two unknown players. He gave a subtle, yet knowing glance to the player who'd apparently lost it, before turning his attention back to the man who'd returned it. "By the looks of it, you seem to be on the newer side of things," he said, noticing his beginner's equipment. "If you need any help in getting started, by all means it was a stroke of luck for us to meet here. I belong a guild by the name of Square One, aimed at recruiting and an empowering lower-leveled players- not that I'm the highest leveled player myself." He laughed, shaking his head. "No, quite the opposite, actually." Azide looked over at X, and then to Aeternum.

"Speaking of which, it appears you must be Aeternum. Unless, of course, my friend X has been recruiting for various other guilds. And while I wouldn't put it past him pull a stunt like that, I have to conclude that you're the player who recently appeared in our guild's roster the other day. If that's the case, my name's Azide, and I'm more than glad to meet you," said Azide, extending an arm out to the player.

"It's an honor to meet you as well- but I'm afraid there are no leads to draw your name from," he said, extending his other arm out to Xandward. "This would work better if he happened to be left-handed, but I don't exactly have two right hands here."

Xanward was pleased at how quickly the teenager's troubling look vanished. They were friends, as his intuition had told him, and there would be no conflict here. Deep down he had felt a nagging feeling that the one with the eye patch was being bullied by the other, but that feeling had long vanished. He felt a smile creep to his lips. If only all conflicts in life could be solved with such ease.

Xanward thought on the newcomer's words. Perhaps joining a guild would be a good course of action to take. It was certainly safer to level up, travel, and hunt in groups, and Sword Art Online didn't apply an experience penalty for parties; sure, there was a small loot penalty, but that was of no importance. And if the other guild members were also low leveled, perhaps they shared some of the same feelings he did in his first year within Sword Art Online. 

He turned to regard the three players,"My name is Xanward," He extended his left hand and shook Azide's hand firmly,"and it is a pleasure to meet all three of you."

The left handed handshake was odd, in that the newcomer had attempted to shake both Xanward's and Aeternum's hand at once, but not in practice. Perhaps unintentionally, Xanward had been offered a symbolic handshake, which shows that you are willing to set aside your shield, usually held in the left hand, and trust your enemy with their weapon while you embrace them. Regards, Xanward found it amusing and touching at the same time.

He released the newcomer's hand. "If you would have me, I would join your guild. You're right. I'm only level 1 right now. I had planned on raising my level solo, and taking the risks that went with it. But if there is an offer of companionship, and the safety that goes with, I appreciate the offer. Any chance to close the gap between the lead group and myself is welcome. A guild is certainly less risky than running off by myself to grind mobs, being killed by an orange player, and losing this wonderful world."

Xanward grinned. He would worry about the threes' impressions on him at a later time, to be certain, but not now. Now was not the time, and he must force himself to feel accepted here.

Ariel was passing by when she could hear some familiar voices nearby, changing her gaze and coming to a complete stop she saw Azide and X shaking hand in a rather strange manner with a guy unknown to her. Since she finished her arrangements on the first floor she decided to stop by and at least say hi to the two and get a new acquaintance. She took a better look at the new guy..he was still in basic equipment.."A new guy huh? guess Azide is aiming to recruit him..maybe I'll mess with him a little. If he recruits every new guy there is..the rest of us will eventually die out.

With that she stopped to the new guys left and overhearing his introduction she spoke , getting to his left side near the other two. "Nice to meet you, I'm Ariel. How are you doing?" she then showed a grin while switching her gaze towards the other two. "Hey long time no see!"

Shinex walks around Starting City. "Jeez, people that was a low level yesterday are becoming my level now." Shinex pulled his mask down. "It's probably because I've been pretty lazy lately. I don't train as much as others. I should start again." It was true what Shinex has said. Sword Art Online made him lazy. He never got this much freedom in the real world. He continued walking until he heard voiced in the alleyway. He quickly ran up to the wall and leaned against it. He took a peek to notice a few people. Some new players? No wait, I know some of these guys.

Stealth Rating: 13

ID:8611 LD:16 + 1= 17 (shinex found)

"*cough* worst wannabe *hack cough* wannabe Ninja ever *cough* *cough*. Shinex I see you get over here before I throw a water bottle at you!" I yelled to shinex who aperently thinks he's a ninja.

I may not look it but I'm actually pretty aware of my surroundings not many things get past me. I then turned and looked dead in shinex's direction. I let a slight smirk out that felt like it pierced shinex in his very soul. For the self proclaimed ninja not that stealthy if someone like me could easily spot him just based on the sound of his breathing. I turned back to 3D who aperently was upset over his eyes.

"3D listen to me I know everyone much more than they know themselves. You have nothing to worry about no one is making fun of you. If someone is il handle it your my subordinate now and if someone disrespects that they disrespect me, that's the Chicago way." I said intensely while putting a hand on 3D's shoulder and staring into his eyes.

I really hope he doesn't figure out the last part is a movie quote.

Shinex slapped his forehead and groaned. He peaked enough at the alleyway that only his head would show. "You know X, for someone who's annoying you do something useful for once." He stopped leaning and walked towards the group. "I also notice a lot of people from Square One. In case nobody knows, I'm new." He noticed everyone focusing their attention on one particular player. I wonder what's going on here. Might as well find out by hanging around. He stood and waited for everyone to say something. Then X said something. So someone is making fun of this guy huh? Looks like I'll have to act like a comrade earlier then I expected.

Xanward was startled at the appearance of the girl. This allyway was becoming crowded, and rather quickly at that. Being in groups of people had never been Xanward's strong suit, and he preferred that he end his presence here as quickly as possible. "Nice to meet you, Ariel. I'm doing...quite well," Xanward scratched his forehead,"I had only planned to return Aeternum's eye patch that he dropped, but this seems to have lead to a guild invitation, as well as a slew of new acquaintances."

Xanward forced himself to laugh. Well, at least there are no more pe-​. Xanward's thought was interrupted. Somehow, the one known as Shinex had approached the group, and Xanward hadn't noticed him. He swore that he heard movement for a second before X had revealed his presence, but he couldn't see anything. Shinex seemed to be another guild member of Aeternum's, and Xanward figured, should he be accepted into the guild, he should at least try and act natural. He looked at Shinex and nodded. "I'm Xanward. Nice to meet you."

Bloody hell. Another person. Let's have a fricken party in the ally!

"It would be an honor to have you, Xanward," said Azide, flashing his politician's smile. It wasn't exactly fake smile, per say. Rather, it was a calculated one, which reflected the countless amount of time that'd been put into perfecting it. Was it necessary? Hard to say. But Azide was simply that sort of character.

He nodded, then drew back both of his hands. "Firm handshake, that Xandward fellow. I like it," thought Azide. "Stand by us, Xanward. Right now, we might be weak- but everyone here will be standing atop the hundredth floor in time. Maybe I'm not infallible, but you can be I'll try my damnedest to ensure no further losses before we get there." His gaze faltered for a moment, but quickly regained their usual confidence. He pulled up the SAO virtual interface, then tapped away until a small dialogue box appeared in front of the new recruit.

Azide has invited you to the guild, Square One. Accept?

> Yes

No

"Of course, you can also bet on plenty of goofing off as well. Just ask X over there." He glanced over at the mentioned player, who was currently talking to another new recruit of the guild. "I vaguely remember encountering him before on the fourth floor." He waved at the guy, before seeing another player approach their group, and recognized it to be Ariel.

"It's good to see both of you, Ariel and Shinex." He turned to Xanward and gestured toward Ariel. "Ariel over here is an ally of ours. As it turns out, you seem to be have been swarmed by Square One and its associates." He laughed, hoping the player wouldn't be overwhelmed by their presence.

A screen appeared before Xanward.

Azide has invited you to the guild, Square One. Accept?

Yes 
No

There was no going back now. Xanward raised his hand and pressed the option for yes. On the screen, the words "Congratulations! You've joined the guild Square One" appeared. "Well now," Xanward chuckled, and the sound came out slightly forced,"it seems as if I've been introduced to a lot of your guild already."

Xanward sighed inwardly. Azide had mentioned that their members would be standing atop the 100th floor in time. What would he do then? At least, as Azide said, the guild was weak in its present state, and hopefully Xanward wouldn't need to worry about that for a time. Should it arrive, however, Xanward knew that he wouldn't be able to call those around him his companions. A shadow of trouble cast on Xanward's face for a second. Had he made the correct choice to join Square One? They may die, but that is life. It was the thought of getting close to someone, and then being forced to abandon them that wounded him. He realized the face he was making, and he forced himself to look cheery once more and forced a grin. "Well now, is it common for the guild to meet like this in dark allies?"

Ariel saw Shinex appear from behind, being discovered by X. After X spoke she raised an eyebrow while saying " The Chicago way?..seriously what are you a, gangster?" then changed her thoughts completely,

"Guess I was too late" she muttered while looking at Azide and then continuing in a normal tone. "You got this new guy as well..geez your guild is growing up pretty fast these days, if you keep this up, you'll soon pass all the other guilds with only sheer numbers" But that really didn't matter really much to her, but she had her own guild her own guild leader that she respected and obeyed. 

She wanted to advise the new guy to do the same, but again changed her mind ..and the topic as well. "I don't know where these guys meet up but I would like to go for a drink right now... I don't see any reason why we should continue our discussions here."

David shambling across the starting city holding onto his scimitar sad due to no one wanting to be in a party with him due to him being insane throughout the many months of this death game and it would seem nobody could grasp that he wasn't insane anymore.

In the first month he thought he could trust his friends but one day that changed he was lured into a trap by one the people in his party turns out he joined the Laughing Coffins Murder Guild and he lured them into an ambush killing everyone apart from him because he had a teleportation crystal but after that day he lost his sanity becoming The Insane Warrior.

He looked up on the bar above his head [semroth Kirigi] Lvl 1 he knew that it was his name now until the game was cleared and he couldn't stand being unable to log out like he could in the Beta. He walked over to a corner shouted one last time if anyone wanted to be and he went to sleep.

David noticed a gathering in the alleyway but he didn't want to near that many people.

Aeternum was surprised by the number of people crowding the seemingly shrinking alley, and smiled slightly when a new member joined the guild. Ariel was right. When he returned his focus to X, he said in a quiet voice, "Thanks, I guess. But I will keep the eye patch, just in case." He stood up and nodded to every person in the alley before saying, "I must be on my way then, it is getting a bit crowded here. It was a pleasure to meet you, Xanward, and welcome to the guild!" With that, he shuffled quickly out of the alley, glad to be done with that whole situation.

(OOC: Sorry it took so long to respond, met up with an old friend and hung out with him for an eternity.)